• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
My favorite Vita games these years? I don't remember when i played them so i'll just say the ones i remember more fondly:

Danganronpa 1(GOTY 2014 without doubts, the only GOTY i'm sure of) & 2
Gravity Rush
Knytt Undeground
Mutant Blob Attacks
Tearaway
VLR
SAO:HF
Soul Sacrifice
Dinasty Warriors Next
Valhalla Knights 3(yes! XD)
HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth 1
Atelier Totori Plus
Silent Hill: Book of Memories(yes! XD)
Persona 4 Golden
Dokuro
Dragon's Crown
Muramasa

About future games i'm waiting for:
HyperDevotion Nowaru
Oreshika
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Jstar Victory
HellDivers
FireFly Diary
Danganronpa AE
(not counting indies)

and many Japanese ones without an announced localization yet.

I'm getting back in to Catherine again. Fucking hell I love this game. This game needs a Vita port. And a spiritual successor. Perhaps called Caitlyn. No, Alex. One being a male Alex and the other being female. The main character has to struggle and come to terms with his sexuality. You're welcome Atlus.
No ports, a spiritual successor, possibly without the puzzle parts(while better and funnier than expected they were still annoying and stopped me from looking for all the endings) or a different gameplay.
Why developers don't understand that they should let us see all the multiple endings without replaying the game from the beginning each time or managing lots of save games? Why developers don't learn from VLR?

The Alex idea is really great though lol.

Anyone excited for Tokyo Twilight Ghost hunters next month? Forgot about the game, but now I'm really hyped.

I am, but i don't usually buy games at d1.

Tapejara

Lol. Totally forgot I posted about TTGH in here. Glad there's some excitement for it. I'm definitely grabbing it at launch, but I'm not sure if I'm going to play it right away. I decided to give Persona 4: Golden another shot and I'm really hooked on that (thanks a lot, Flightmare).

Lol. Totally forgot I posted about TTGH in here. Glad there's some excitement for it. I'm definitely grabbing it at launch, but I'm not sure if I'm going to play it right away. I decided to give Persona 4: Golden another shot and I'm really hooked on that (thanks a lot, Flightmare).
Good

SerTapTap

Might be able to finish Dangan Ronpa 2 while working on one of the new releases too. Is Firefly Diary supposed to be shortish or no?

My least favorite thing about Dangan Ronpa is I want to blab about it but can't in any normal channel because spoilers. I've shared a few spoiler-free things chopping out the chapter # but even that feels like it can be spoilery

I feel so dumb.

I didn't realize there was a skip option in Virtues Last Reward until Sigmas Ending -_-

It's okay, I didn't notice Dangan Ronpa 2 has a "quick move to next exit" button (d pad instead of stick) until chapter 4. I'm always looking for that dialog pause/skip/backlog button now though. Every game with dialog needs that, not just VNs!

will spending 99.97 get me the "spend 100 get 15 back" deal?

I picked up 3 games (29.99, 29.99, and 39.99) so i'm technically short. I know they round up for some but i'm not sure if 3 cents is enough or if I have to be within a penny

I might just buy a dlc and push myself over to make sure

I can't deal with Rise's japanese voice, and before you start torching me, YES, I love Persona 4, and Rise as a character. Her japanese VA is just wayyy too "squeaky" for me. Laura Bailey in my opinion gives the character a much better, more credible tone of voice.

Yeah, I don't like the japanese voice either. The english one is much better

SerTapTap

I can't deal with Rise's japanese voice, and before you start torching me, YES, I love Persona 4, and Rise as a character. Her japanese VA is just wayyy too "squeaky" for me. Laura Bailey in my opinion gives the character a much better, more credible tone of voice.

I can't do squeaky voices either. Too common in JP VA IMO--kind of amazed Senran Kagura managed to find 20 different VAs and none of them are too squeaky (could be more an acting than a person thing though). I want more deeper voices like Baiken. Where muh Xrd Baiken at...

will spending 99.97 get me the "spend 100 get 15 back" deal?

You can buy an Avatar for like 50 cents (are there 25 cent ones?) Based on prior experience/general legalese/marketese I would definitely not expect any "spend $X" promo to round up.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Is TxK PS TV compatible? I just realized that's a way I could play it now with a PS4 controller on a larger screen, if it's compatible.

If not, hurry up on that PS4 version!

SerTapTap

Is TxK PS TV compatible? I just realized that's a way I could play it now with a PS4 controller on a larger screen, if it's compatible.

If not, hurry up on that PS4 version!

Yes it plays and looks fine on PS TV.

Though it's amusingly the only game where I've noticed a quirk of the PS TV--the Vita actually has 4 extra pixels beyond 540p, if you scale the PS TV's image to max (which you should) those 4 pixels are cut off. TxK is the only game silly enough to put text on those 4 lines of pixels so the start screen looks a little silly. It doesn't matter for gameplay though

Flandy

rise7oupp.gif

best girl

antibolo

Banned

Though it's amusingly the only game where I've noticed a quirk of the PS TV--the Vita actually has 4 extra pixels beyond 540p, if you scale the PS TV's image to max (which you should) those 4 pixels are cut off. TxK is the only game silly enough to put text on those 4 lines of pixels so the start screen looks a little silly. It doesn't matter for gameplay though

That happens in Demon Gaze too.

Zhao_Yun

I normally prefer Japanese VA but I have to agree with this one.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I don't like the japanese voice either. The english one is much better

I can't do squeaky voices either. Too common in JP VA IMO--kind of amazed Senran Kagura managed to find 20 different VAs and none of them are too squeaky (could be more an acting than a person thing though). I want more deeper voices like Baiken. Where muh Xrd Baiken at...

I normally prefer Japanese VA but I have to agree with this one.

I've listened to all of the japanese voice counterparts for P3 and 4, and she's really the only voice I can't stand. It's too anime-ish, and not the good kind lol.

rise7oupp.gif

best girl

original.jpg

She begs to differ.

jvm

Gamasutra.

Man, I just need to pull the trigger on a PS TV. I can't find any reason not to, honestly.

SerTapTap

Man, I just need to pull the trigger on a PS TV. I can't find any reason not to, honestly.

I love it myself. I've played: Muramasa, Neptunia Rebirth 2 (but not 1 grumble grump rage), TxK, KZ Mercenary, Freedom Wars and Dangan Ronpa have all been fantastic on it. Almost all indie games seem to run on it if they're not touch focused, and I've even been surprised by some things like monster monpiece and Sorcery Saga working on it despite being lowish budget and coming before PSTV was a thing I think.

Aside from not supported games I've had very few problems. Monster Monpiece requires the touch pointer which is a bit annoying but not entirely game breaking (certain menu items can't be selected with d pad...honestly that's a UI issue even on a real Vita), BoI Rebirth is...just a bit too lazy. Can't select triggers when mapping buttons (and the default control scheme still expects touch), so I can't recommend it as a BoI machine. Pretty much everything else has been great though.

Also. It's sooooo tiny. It's absurd. They should have an ad just showing how little it is--and dead silent and cool too. It's the same size as the external 2.5" HDD for my wii U.

GODS EATER BURST PSP,PSVita $ 6.00 $ 10.00 $ 19.99

That's it folks, we are getting the sequel. The fact that they put this one PSP game in is for sure because the sequel is coming too. Why else would they do it right? Why GE when there are so many other PSP games out there? HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

antibolo

Banned
That's it folks, we are getting the sequel. The fact that they put this one PSP game in is for sure because the sequel is coming too. Why else would they do it right? Why GE when there are so many other PSP games out there? HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

We all said the exact same thing back when they put GEB as a free PS+ game.

Also, there's another PSP game in the sale: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

We all said the exact same thing back when they put GEB as a free PS+ game.

Also, there's another PSP game in the sale: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

Totally missed Castlevania lol. It still doesn't matter to me, we have a trailer with English subtitles, the fact that it is releasing on both PS4 and Vita (which let's be frank, why would they put the game on PS4 if it was to stay in Japan? Their market is based on handhelds, why go the extra mile?). Then there is that PS+ offer for Burst not to far off the announcement of Rage Burst in Japan, and now this. Also, Freedom Wars did quite well, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony pushed for this one to come over as well.

That aside, I don't think I'm going to buy anything. Gonna save my money for Oreshika next week!

RK128

Welp, now I have to get the Jak Collection now that it is under 10 bucks XD! Didn't expect SCEA to put out a huge PSN sale but, here one comes :).

So the games I think I'll be getting include:
-Jak Collection (8.10)
-Munches Oddysee HD (4.99)
-Cell Damage (.60)

Not a bad deal I think :). I might get the Project Diva game (as it might be a great way to prepare for P4 Dancing All Night) and Earth Defense Force (12 bucks for a fun, crazy shooter? Sounds great in my book :D) though too.

Great sale I find :D.

Top Bottom