• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

AsfaeksBR

And I've told you to get a Vita.
No Glaydson, está muito mais barato que um N3DS.

Yeah, PS Vita + 16Gb Memory + Case + Screen Protector in his store is cheaper than the N3DS.
I'll have to decide until Tuesday, then if I choose the PSVita I'll buy Danganronpa while it's cheap

maouvin

Here goes.

2012:

Persona-4-Golden-Box-Art.jpg

2013:

2014:

Honorable mention to Freedom Wars here.

Yeah, PS Vita + 16Gb Memory + Case + Screen Protector in his store is cheaper than the N3DS.
I'll have to decide until Tuesday, then if I choose the PSVita I'll buy Danganronpa while it's cheap

If you're not sure if the Vita library is up to your alley, the fine folks at VitaGAF can always help you see the light.
Join us.

Wha, wha, we have more Portuguese speaking folks here? :O

Aye, but not quite the same portuguese as you :)
BrazilGAF is everywhere

bobohoro

people being so excited for Operation Abyss makes me wish it was any type of game other than what it is so i can enjoy it

But that would suck the fun right out of it for the people that are excited for what it actually is now. :O

I feel this way about hunting games which isnt great for a vita owner... That said I really should give the genre a proper shot... which um... might be with MH4U.

Actually I have Soul Sacrifice and God Eater through plus...

MH4U is the greatest handheld title of all time.
Well, possible a tie with Persona 4 Golden.
And Trails In The Sky.
Ok, wait, that would go on for far too long. But MH4U truly is great and like names already mentioned a good entry point. Game has a less extreme level of entry, GAF community is helpful and online is quite nice, at least I didn't meet any idiots yet.

I find it weird to see some people posting Persona 4 Golden as a second-year favorite. I take you're all europeans, right?

I tend to switch the game to whenever it fits my listing needs. Played it on my US account on release, but can still pretend to be an European. Well not just pretend, I am.

AsfaeksBR

If you're not sure if the Vita library is up to your alley, the fine folks at VitaGAF can always help you see the light.
Join us.

I actually have a big roster of Vita games thanks to PS Plus. Of these, I really want to play Uncharted and Gravity Rush (and re-start my addiction of Spelunky)

And my wishlist have quite a few games, but only few of them are actually Vita games

So, a recommendation of games would be cool.
Remote Play interests me a lot, but I have no idea how well it'll run on a 10mb Internet.

eFKac

Hmm, I can get down with this favourite game per year business. Though I'm a little saddened that I'm the only person throwing in two of these games (and a little shocked that no-one else has an indie game to list anywhere!):

First year (Feb 2012 - Jan 2013):

(Honorable mention to LittleBigPlanet)

Second year (Feb 2013 - Jan 2014):

(Honorable mention to Tearaway)

Third year (Feb 2014 - Jan 2015):

(Honorable mention to Ys: Memories of Celceta)

Fourth year looks to be between DanganRonpa: Another Episode and Hotline Miami 2, but I never know when some other game is going to come and blow me away.

Ahh man with a great taste in games!

Also great runner ups!

Hopefully March is the release date for Wrong Number, we're really long overdue this game...

ZeroAKA

Remote Play interests me a lot, but I have no idea how well it'll run on a 10mb Internet.
I recommend Hatsune Miku Project Diva f/F 2nd, Wipeout 2048, and Tearaway.

Remote play works fine with the 15MB internet at my parents' house, so there's hope for your internet.

Aye, but not quite the same portuguese as you :)
BrazilGAF is everywhere

This fellah came to mind when you said that lol

hqdefault.jpg

I see a lot of Another Episode love here for 2015. That would probably be my pick if Operation Abyss wasn't everything that love in games/entertainment medium put into one: japanese DRPG, cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic looking world, great anime style art direction.

AsfaeksBR

Toukiden Kiwami, judging from your tastes.

This looks like Monster Hunter (a bit). Wishlisted!

I recommend Hatsune Miku Project Diva f/F 2nd, Wipeout 2048, and Tearaway.

Remote play works fine with the 15MB internet at my parents' house, so there's hope for your internet.

Project Diva looks good since I love Rhythm games, but it looks too anime-ish fetish-ish for me. Creeps me up a litt,e actually.
Wipeout looks good, always heard great things about it.
Tearaway I'll grab it on PS4.

ZeroAKA

Project Diva looks good since I love Rhythm games, but it looks too anime-ish fetish-ish for me. Creeps me up a litt,e actually.
Wipeout looks good, always heard great things about it.
Tearaway I'll grab it on PS4.
There's nothing really inappropriate/creepy about the videos in the Miku games. They're closer to Atelier levels of cute than Senran Kagura lewd. Try the demo.

I just don't know if playing Tearaway on the PS4 will be the same thing as playing it on Vita. It's probably the only game that used the Vita's gimmicks perfectly. I can't imagine playing it on any other system.

Edit: DJ MAX Technika Tune is good too if you're interested in rhythm games.

AsfaeksBR

Toukiden: Age of Demons looks really good!
Andis Freedom Ward good? I read that it's recommended to play with other people, something i'm not really fond of...

Producer

Andis Freedom Ward good? I read that it's recommended to play with other people, something i'm not really fond of...

It definately is more fun with others, as is any other hunting type game.

I feel like Freedom Wars gets worse the more you progress in it lol, it has good combat but is tied down by absolutely stupid decisions on the developers part.

maouvin

As already said, wait for Toukiden Kiwami (comes out on 03/31).
But if you end up with a Vita, you can check the demo for Age of Demons to get the feel for it.

Freedom Wars is pretty good, but the crafting system depends more on RNG that it should. It will only affect you on the late/endgame, though.
And it's very doable alone (with AI), plenty of people on the OT managed to beat it without going online. However, endgame missions might be a completely different beast.

Hikami

Anyone excited for Tokyo Twilight Ghost hunters next month? Forgot about the game, but now I'm really hyped.

Forgot about this too. I'm interested but, comes out just a week after Oreshika so doubt I'll pick it up if I'm still playing that. Haven't really seen much of the game though so not sure about it yet.

autoduelist

My list is quite different from most:

2012 - Uncharted GA / Super Stardust / Pinball Arcade

2013 - Killzone Mercenary / Hotline Miami / Velocity Ultra / Rayman Origins / Tearaway

2014 - Binding of Isaac / Demon Gaze / Natural Doctrine / TxK / Crimsonland / V2X

2015 - most likely Operation Abyss New Tokyo.

2016 - preliminary hopeful vote for Stranger of Sword City

I wish there were more drpgs and srpgs listed above, but I'm working with what I got. There are a couple games that would likely be up there if they weren't backlogged (disgaea, etc) but backlog is backlog. There are other games that might chart (like Sword Art Online, Grim Fandango, Brandish) that are waiting for a sale. I don't like brawlers or VNs, which takes a lot of the popular choices here (Dragon's Crown, Danganronpa, etc) out of the running for me though I did try many of them.

So I mentioned yesterday that I was gonna do the whole 3-day return thing at EB games with The Order. I can confirm that it is true, with a golden card you have 3 days to return a closed or open product and put the money you paid for it towards something else. Today I got myself FF Type-0 for free essentially.

Be careful doing this too often... even though it's their policy most companies are starting to track things like this and can/will eventually 'ban' you in some way (dependent on company). And, to add to that, some companies are even starting to use various methods to share info on problem customers.

I wouldn't worry about it too much or anything... just don't become a serial abuser or anything. It's a nice policy, but not really meant for 'beat it fast and get a new game free'.

Chuy

Can vouch it's possible to do solo as i did it solo myself. Ally AI is dumb at times but can be worked around pretty easily. Everybody else already said the negatives so i'll leave it at that. Would definitely recommend it though

autoduelist

Anyone ever play Xevious 3d/g on ps1? Wonder how it would play on vita... I've played Xevious in the arcades, but the vid of 3d/g on youtube looks very different from the arcade version

It's a F2P version of Mecho Wars, which was a very mediocre Advance Wars clone for mobile. It might be worth trying out, but I didn't like the original at all.

Isn't Mecho Wars already a psp mini? googling.... yes, it is. It's seriously the same game but F2P? Is it at least a sequel?

RK128

To celebrate the Vita's third birthday, I will post my top three games per year :) (got my Vita in 2012, so some 2011/2012 games like Uncharted and Persona 4 Golden are fair game to mention :D).

2013: Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Killzone, Rayman Origins/Legends, Sonic Racing Transformed, Soul Sacrifice - Between playing a majority of Sony's first party support alongside fantastic tittles landing on PS+, that was....quite the year to start enjoying my Vita :D

2014: Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable, Guacamelee, Maramusa Rebirth, Dragons Crown, Sword Art Online Hallow Fragment - Last year was such a great year for the Vita with me :); catching up on classics for the system I missed out on (cannot thank Gaf enough for getting me to play the Persona series :D!), fully enjoying so many of the Vita's mammoth Indie collection and playing so many PS1/PSP Classics I've never played before.

2015: Sword Art Online Lost Song, Oshoka 2, Dragnorompa 1 (and if I enjoy that, its sequel and Another Episode), Many Indie games and PSN releases (Grim Fandango, Day of the Tenticle, Broken Age, Axom Verge, Shante Half Gennie Hero, Mighty No. 9) - This year looks to be another great year for the Vita and I'm really looking forward to what the future holds for the system :).

Omerta

Happy birthday vita... My greatest testament to its library is to say that I do not like jrpgs, hunting games, strategy games and the like but I've still got a massive back catalogue of games that I really enjoy.

Bought the walking dead season two to celebrate.

antibolo

Banned
I own a physical copy of Sweet Fuse because I thought it would be neat to own what is most likely going to be the last retail UMD release ever in the West.

Haven't played the game much yet, don't really have any opinion on it sadly.

autoduelist

Part of me wants to just go hog wild and buy Diablo 3 PS4, Brandish, the Telltale Collection, and maybe something small to hit $100.

The other part of me wishes someone would slip me $100 under my door.

RK128

Well, an easy work around can be the following:
-Set your Vita-screen lock out (when the screen fades to black after being used for a while) to the shortest time possible (which I think is 30 seconds)
-Always keep it plugged in when at home and be smart when you take it out (like say, if your out for a few hours, be smart with your battery)

Otherwise, I think you should just find a way to repair it; is the button stuck in place? Are any of the screws in your Vita loose? Did you drop the system at some point and damage it? Did liquids (coffee, water, ect) get near the power button?

If any of the above happened, their may be a few ways to fix the system:
-Tighten the screws of your Vita (the bottom of the system and the back-edges of it)
-Put your Vita in a bag of rice for a few hours (so it absorbs any liquids in the system)
-Take it in to a repair shop and find out how much it costs to fix it
-Contact Sony and explain your situation; they will tell you what the best bet is and if it leads to them fixing it, let them do so

I'm really sorry this happened to you Shizuka :(, that sucks your Vita's power button broke X(.

incpdo

Happy birthday vita!!! In honor to celebrate its birthday i just bought ys celceta , pix the cat ( buy it now its like 5 dollars!) and danganronpa 2 ( i didnt finish the first one yet) . There is any news regarding revelations 2 vita ?

RK128

Happy birthday vita!!! In honor to celebrate its birthday i just bought ys celceta , pix the cat ( buy it now its like 5 dollars!) and danganronpa 2 ( i didnt finish the first one yet) . There is any news regarding revelations 2 vita ?

I don't think the Vita version of RE: Revelations 2 is coming until the full version (all the episodes) come out to the other platforms. Sony is developing the port in-house and it would be odd for them to release it in episodes (when it might just be cheaper for Sony to release the full version of the game at once instead of fragmented chunks, also might be cheaper due to only having to do patching work for one thing instead of the four to six episodes Revelations 2 will end up being). Not to mention they might want to put out a retail version alongside the PS3 and PS3 versions (maybe having a cross-buy bundle pack or something down the line).

Point is, I don't think its coming until all the episodes are released, but that might not take super long though (as their is a retail version coming for the PS3/360/PS4/X1 versions sometime in March I think).

incpdo

I don't think the Vita version of RE: Revelations 2 is coming until the full version (all the episodes) come out to the other platforms. Sony is developing the port in-house and it would be odd for them to release it in episodes (when it might just be cheaper for Sony to release the full version of the game at once instead of fragmented chunks, also might be cheaper due to only having to do patching work for one thing instead of the four to six episodes Revelations 2 will end up being). Not to mention they might want to put out a retail version alongside the PS3 and PS3 versions (maybe having a cross-buy bundle pack or something down the line).

Point is, I don't think its coming until all the episodes are released, but that might not take super long though (as their is a retail version coming for the PS3/360/PS4/X1 versions sometime in March I think).
yeah i guess you are right. I want to play that game in my vita.
Btw vitagaffers . What is the timeline order for the Ys games i can play on vita? I have already felghana and i just bought celceta, chronicles is the next one i will buy but there is Ys seven toó. I guess not all the games came out on Psp or vita so what are the missing games and what did i miss( game play wise)

Producer

yeah i guess you are right. I want to play that game in my vita.
Btw vitagaffers . What is the timeline order for the Ys games i can play on vita? I have already felghana and i just bought celceta, chronicles is the next one i will buy but there is Ys seven toó. I guess not all the games came out on Psp or vita so what are the missing games and what did i miss( game play wise)

The Ys games arent really connected or anything so you'll be fine jumping in anywhere. On vita you can play:

Ys 1&2
Ys Oath in Felghana (remake of Ys 3)
Ys Memories of Celceta (remake of Ys 4)
Ys Seven

edit: as for games that are missing from psp/vita in one shape or another..
Ys V: SNES or PS2, i'd recommend the snes version instead.
Ys 6: PC, PS2, and a shitty PSP port. From the XSEED tease we know that they will be bringing this to steam this year hopefully, so wait for that version.
Ys Origin: PC only, available on steam now.

this is not counting the original Ys 1-4 games that were available on multitudes of older systems/PC's of course.

Tizoc

^FYI the best play order for Ys games on Vita are
Start with Oath in Felghana, then Seven, then Celceta (Celceta improves on Seven's combat system). Ys 1 and 2 have a rather archiac combat system that not many may like but if you're open minded you may end up liking it.

I actually have a big roster of Vita games thanks to PS Plus. Of these, I really want to play Uncharted and Gravity Rush (and re-start my addiction of Spelunky)

And my wishlist have quite a few games, but only few of them are actually Vita games

I may be listing some repeats that you already own but here ya go
Ys games
Brandish
Breath of Fire 4
Wild Arms 1 and 2
Riviera
Red Star

that's it off the top of my head atm.

Producer

^FYI the best play order for Ys games on Vita are
Start with Oath in Felghana, then Seven, then Celceta (Celceta improves on Seven's combat system). Ys 1 and 2 have a rather archiac combat system that not many may like but if you're open minded you may end up liking it.

yeah i agree with this. I like the combat system of 1&2 but it might turn off newcomers. Meanwhile Oath is short and sweet and tons of fun.

Tohsaka

Anyone excited for Tokyo Twilight Ghost hunters next month? Forgot about the game, but now I'm really hyped.

I'll probably be picking it up, but there's like 7 other games coming out in March that I want so I likely won't get around to playing it for a bit.

Top Bottom