• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

SerTapTap

Yeah NISA's pretty stingy with sales unless something absolutely bombs...and not always then either. Only recent example I can think of is poor Battle Princess of Arcadias

I'm jealous of a US sale, that hasn't happened a lot lately. Really would like to see those prices for ToH and SAO in EU. I'll pick up God Eater and maybe Dracula X Chronicles though.

autoduelist

Holy hell.

Sony is KILLING it with sales for the past few months. Absolutely killing it.

I don't even know what to do, now I could -easily- hit 100 if I wanted to, but would pretty much blow out my gaming budget for the next 6 months. (excepting Operation Abyss and Uncharted 4, which are already paid for)

Damn.

I'd really love for people to go through and recommend/review the games they liked from the list, even the 'lesser known' ones. Stuff like Tiny Troopers, etc... I have no idea if that's a fun little game or trash.

I'll do so myself, but need to give the little one a bath first.

Valhalla Knights 3 is mine. MINE! Don't care that it's well hated.

Deception worth 16?

Should i get Danganronpa now, or wait for it it on sale later (at a lower price)?

I still got lots to play on vita

As mentioned, NISA games don't go on sale that often. I'd say go for it.

Very tempted to snag Muramasa Rebirth at that price.

I bought Muramasa at that price, and this is definitely worth it. Consider buying the DLC pack while it's on sale now (I don't think they'll keep it on sale tomorrow).

I'm trying to save money, but that's a good point. I may dip into that.

Would people recommend Gods Eater Burst? How does it compare to Freedom Wars? And is it necessary before GERB2?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ok i guess i'll take the plunge. How does it compare to VLR? I found it a bit hard to remain focused while playing. Though GAF seems to really enjoy Danganronpa.

Awesome name and avatar.

Danganronpa isn't in the same league as 999/VLR. It doesn't have any puzzles for one thing and plays more like Phoenix Wright with some tacked on minigames. It's got over the top characters and nice ascetics and plenty of style and charm though and it's still a pretty good game overall. Some of the early bits are mind numbingly easy though.

Producer

Ok i guess i'll take the plunge. How does it compare to VLR? I found it a bit hard to remain focused while playing. Though GAF seems to really enjoy Danganronpa.

For me, ZE > Danganronpa.

Its more about its crazy style and over the top-ness, though i feel like danganronpa 2 went a little too hard on this aspect.

Not that its bad, its still very solid, i just like how ZE handles its plot and characters more.

Both are good series.

Takao

Banned
revelations 2 runs on MT Framework
now we can be optimistic about about the Vita port since MT Framework powered UMvC3 and SFxT

RK128

A general overview for a number of the games on sale, so people who never played them will have an idea how good/bad/okay they are :).

Angry Birds Star Wars - Do I even have to explain this one? It is a fun abet overpriced iOS game where you launch birds at pigs to kill them; mindless fun in the long run.
Atelier Meruru/Rorona/Totori Plus - Never played these, but they look like fun JRPG's that have a sudo-real time action combat system and fun characters. Fans of JRPG's should find fun in this one I think
Ben 10 Gelactic Racing - Want a cheap Mario Kart clone? Look no further :D! For only 3 bucks you will find a painfully average kart racer that doesn't really do much with both the game type and the IP attached to it.
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified - Just talk to Flandy about this one, he seems to really love it XD! Serouslly though, this is a very 'meh' shooter that while not horrid by any means, is a really bad Call of Duty game.
Castlevania Dracula Chronicles X - For 7.45, you will be getting a great compilation; a solid remake of RoB, the original RoB and even SoTN. A great package all around if you love both classic and Metroidvanna Castlevania games :).
Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z - A team-based fighter where you can control two characters (I think you can swap between them with a button press). Fun fighter with classic DBZ craziness :D.
EDF: 2017 Portable - Who doesn't love a game where you shoot waves and waves of giant ants :D! From what I've heard, really fun game that while has performance issues when things get to hectic, overall a fun time
Project DIVA - A music game that many seem to really enjoy :). I never played these, but everyone seems to really love them, so I can't say more then that if you enjoy music games, give this a shot; 20 bucks is a good deal considering it normally costs 40 bucks.
Home - Did anyone play Lone Survivor? This is that but remove a lot of the tension that game had and it make it more like an adventure game. For not even 3 bucks, you can't beat a fun horror adventure I think :).
Neptunia ReBirth1 - I never played this series before, but from my limited understanding of them, they are fun RPG's that center around 4 characters that represent Sony, Nintendo, Sega and Microsoft (so basically an anime take on the console wars, if that makes sense). The references to other games and the games seemly quirky humor makes it look like a fun JRPG to dive into :).
Jak Collection - Three fantastic games butchered in one package :). Comment aside, this is the cheapest the collection has came too, so if you have even a slight interest in checking these out on Vita (like myself), then this sale is a great way to do so. Jak 1 runs okay (locked 20FPS), Jak 2 has bad slowdown but hits 30FPS the most out of the three games and Jak 3 runs really bad on Vita (reaches the teens with the frame rate X(). They look great on Vita and Jak 1 plays well, so in a way, you are only paying for a mostly playable Jak 1 and semi-playable versions of Jak 2 and 3 with this sale; not a great deal, but better then it normally is :l
Jet Set Radio - Fantastic port from the PS3 version; runs great on Vita, controls well on the system, has cross-save enabled and you can even use the touch screen for tagging :). There is a learning curve with the controls, but if you can get over that, you are in for a fun game :D.

I will come back to post more mini-reviews of the sales if this helps you guys out somehow :).

I think I might go for:

Atelier Rorona Plus - Never played one before, but at that price I will give it a try.

Castlevania Dracula Chronicles X - Only ever played two Castlevania games lament of Sorrow and lords of shadow 2, had fun with those. I think I will like the 2D aspect.

Tales of Hearts R - It would be nice to have a portable Tales game. I just hope I like the story, after Graces I am more hesitant with Tales games.

Hikami

Didn't think they'd actually do a Vita sale.
I'm gonna have a hard time choosing what to buy.. Especially since I wanted to get some of these physical, like Tales of Hearts R.

Producer

I think I might go for:

Atelier Rorona Plus - Never played one before, but at that price I will give it a try.

Castlevania Dracula Chronicles X - Only ever played two Castlevania games lament of Sorrow and lords of shadow 2, had fun with those. I think I will like the 2D aspect.

Tales of Hearts R - It would be nice to have a portable Tales game. I just hope I like the story, after Graces I am more hesitant with Tales games.

Tales of Hearts R doesnt have a good story. The gameplay is alright, if we're comparing it to graces f then its no contest lol. I suggest waiting on a bigger sale, Bamco usually heavily discounts their Tales games after a while.

If you like an Atelier game i'd suggest picking up the rest of the trilogy since they rarely go on sale (about once a year) and this is the lowest they have ever been.

antibolo

Banned
I bought Atelier Totori at launch (dat stealth launch lol) but never quite got into it. Hmm now I'm considering getting Atelier Rorona so I can start the trilogy from the proper beginning... Or maybe I should wait for Atelier Shalie instead??

Takao

Banned
Who's working on it? Not Capcom right?

We don't know yet. It sounds like Capcom is handling USFIV PS4 internally, so they might be doing Revelations 2 on Vita as well. I don't believe any third party entity has used MT Framework, so it would make sense.

Producer

I bought Atelier Totori at launch (dat stealth launch lol) but never quite got into it. Hmm now I'm considering getting Atelier Rorona so I can start the trilogy from the proper beginning... Or maybe I should wait for Atelier Shalie instead??

Atelier Shallie is the final part of the Dusk trilogy.

Rorona, Totori, and Meruru are the Arland trilogy.

SerTapTap

How so? If it was the difficulty of the room escape stuff getting in the way of enjoying the story, Dangan Ronpa is FAR easier in terms of puzzles. For one thing, it's not an escape game, closer to a standard VN with a few minigames thrown in for spice.

It's a very story heavy experience with some minor asides basically. There isn't much to lose focus on, I've pretty much rammed through both games in about a week or two each. The games do a pretty good job of upping the ante to keep things interesting too IMO.

Tales of Hearts R doesnt have a good story. The gameplay is alright, if we're comparing it to graces f then its no contest lol. I suggest waiting on a bigger sale, Bamco usually heavily discounts their Tales games after a while.

If you like an Atelier game i'd suggest picking up the rest of the trilogy since they rarely go on sale (about once a year) and this is the lowest they have ever been.

Hmm, if that is the case I guess I will skip it for now. And yeah, I have noticed Bamco have super Tales sales. I got Symphonia and its sequel for $7. Thanks for the heads up.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Was about order a 64gb memory card for my vita but have been put off by some of the reviews on Amazon saying 64gb cards are not that reliable?, is this is true?

Hope Hearts goes on sale in EU soon as well.
rise7oupp.gif

best girl
Damn straight

Getting a 1000 Yen PSN Card is turning out to be problematic.

- Found someone from Japan in the BST thread but he could only find 3000 Yen cards
- Nippon-Yasan seems the next best, but they don't accept PayPal for prepaid cards and keep rejecting my CC for some reason

Unless someone knows where I could get one cheaper I'm just going to pay what Play-Asia wants for it :/

Jak Collection - Three fantastic games butchered in one package :). Comment aside, this is the cheapest the collection has came too, so if you have even a slight interest in checking these out on Vita (like myself), then this sale is a great way to do so. Jak 1 runs okay (locked 20FPS), Jak 2 has bad slowdown but hits 30FPS the most out of the three games and Jak 3 runs really bad on Vita (reaches the teens with the frame rate X(). They look great on Vita and Jak 1 plays well, so in a way, you are only paying for a mostly playable Jak 1 and semi-playable versions of Jak 2 and 3 with this sale; not a great deal, but better then it normally isl

I got the Jak trilogy last month, and while I've not played Jak 3 and only played the first mission of Jak 2, I did Platinum the first game. If anyone reads this and is put off by the 20FPS, trust me when I say the game is still perfectly fine and enjoyable on the Vita. The main problem with it is that the tutorial area has an horrendous framerate, and while it picks up slightly during the Sandover Village hub world and it's respective levels there are times when it feels like it's a slideshow. However, as soon as you reach the second hub world, the framerate picked up considerably, and never really dropped at all.

So yeah, if anyone gets the Jak trilogy, and you should (although I'd probably recommend it more to fans of the games who want to play them on the go, not first time players), don't be put off by the framerate at the start of the first game, because it picks up.

RK128

I got the Jak trilogy last month, and while I've not played Jak 3 and only played the first mission of Jak 2, I did Platinum the first game. If anyone reads this and is put off by the 20FPS, trust me when I say the game is still perfectly fine and enjoyable on the Vita. The main problem with it is that the tutorial area has an horrendous framerate, and while it picks up slightly during the Sandover Village hub world and it's respective levels there are times when it feels like it's a slideshow. However, as soon as you reach the second hub world, the framerate picked up considerably, and never really dropped at all.

So yeah, if anyone gets the Jak trilogy, and you should (although I'd probably recommend it more to fans of the games who want to play them on the go, not first time players), don't be put off by the framerate at the start of the first game, because it picks up.

Thanks for the heads up Jimnymebob :); heard something like that too, so it is good to know that the game is perfectly playable on Vita :D. Should be great platinum Jak 1 again this week :D.

How so? If it was the difficulty of the room escape stuff getting in the way of enjoying the story, Dangan Ronpa is FAR easier in terms of puzzles. For one thing, it's not an escape game, closer to a standard VN with a few minigames thrown in for spice.

It's a very story heavy experience with some minor asides basically. There isn't much to lose focus on, I've pretty much rammed through both games in about a week or two each. The games do a pretty good job of upping the ante to keep things interesting too IMO.

Tell you the truth it was the first game I played that was more leaning towards visual novel & story and relied less on the gameplay to drive the experience. So I had never played anything like it before and it part of it was getting used to having to read all the text. But i understand that what I should expect now and I am more accustome to it.

Awesome name and avatar.

Danganronpa isn't in the same league as 999/VLR. It doesn't have any puzzles for one thing and plays more like Phoenix Wright with some tacked on minigames. It's got over the top characters and nice ascetics and plenty of style and charm though and it's still a pretty good game overall. Some of the early bits are mind numbingly easy though.

Aye yoooo! Thanks! As Razor would say.

bobohoro

Good thing there are lots of alternative outfits so I don't have to look at that ugly new one. First thing I'll do in the game is to change Rise into something else.

Naoto > Rise

Kanji > all

Tales Of Hearts R on sale pleases me greatly. But we can go lower than that!

Thanks for the heads up Jimnymebob :); heard something like that too, so it is good to know that the game is perfectly playable on Vita :D. Should be great platinum Jak 1 again this week :D.

No problem.
It's obviously not an ideal way to play it of course, but it is perfectly playable. I did have a sort of moment of regret when I started it up, because even the opening of them pushing the Naughty Dog logo onto the screen, then the Jak and Daxter bursting out of the black background was laggy, and then the tutorial mission was terrible.

Jak 2 relies on the back touchpad for Dark Jak, changing hover zones in vehicles, Jetboard, first person view, and bringing up the HUD, and I'm not sure if it's due to the PS Vita Slim having a smaller touchpad, or the fact I'm still not familiar with the system yet (the back touchpad use on the first level of Tearaway was like a comedy of errors for me), but I find it hard to activate them/differentiate between what registers as each button on it. That being said, I remember reading that people with the OLED Vita had problems on the game due to accidentally touching the back touch pad constantly, due to it being larger, so it seems like a lose/lose situation to be honest. Speeding through traffic on one of Jak 2's many race through the city under a time limit missions isn't going to be fun.

Hikami

I don't remember anyone posting these but..
I was looking for some stuff to use for the Oreshika OT and found screenshots of the English version on the official Japanese site of the game.
(This is from December) Japanese Interview has some details on production progress of overseas edition.
Weird how Sony hasn't even shown us much of the game but people in Japan have already seen more than we have of the English version. (Well, unless you got to play it at PSX)

Screenshots
Glad they're localizing the text this way instead of westernizing it.

SerTapTap

Glad they're localizing the text this way instead of westernizing it.

Yep, looks good. BTW do we know if the Asian physical release of this is going to be "budget" priced as well, or is it likely to be $40 equivalent? It'd be cool to own this physical but I'm not sure I want to buy >$40 + shipped from asia over $20 for a digital, my region download for the game sight unseen.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any word on the next week plus games ?

Top Bottom