• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Shizuka

For March, I have Oreshika 2 and Tokyo Twilight. I'm buying Toukiden Kiwami on April, so that's alright for me.

TOTP: Buy Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable (Vita), currently on the Vita Anniversary sale for $20 ($12 if you're PS+).

Tohsaka

March is going to be ridiculous for me:

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (PS Vita) - 3/3
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (PS3) - 3/10
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PS3) - 3/10
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4) - 3/17
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4) - 3/17
Bloodborne (PS4) - 3/24
Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4) - 3/31
Moero Chronicle (PS Vita) - TBA

maouvin

I don't see Toukiden Kiwami in there. Cannot approve.

My man. Don't forget it's a potential double dip.

---

Guys, I loved Totori+, but am struggling with Meruru+. It eventually got "boring" (not sure if it's how I feel about it, but it's close) and I have no desire to finish it, despite being past half of the deadline (right now I have to
1x1 vs Sterk
). The story being not so interesting as Totori certainly plays its part here, too.

That said, what are the chances I'll like Rorona+?

You know a couple of pages ago you guys were talking about how you were buying the game based on its looks, and I was thinking here that I am not as hyped as I was before for this game, for some reason (blaming it on the lack of marketing I think). This month being a busy one and all, I wonder if I will even play it that much. If I were to graph my levels of hype, Bloodborne would be at the very top, with Oreshika at the bottom. Heck I'm even more hyped for Tokyo Ghost Hunters than for this. I hope to eat crow this coming week, and hope to really enjoy the game, cuz it sure looks nice.

Baust

Anyone use Sony Rewards? Finally had enough points for a $10 PSN code.

Do they send these by email or do they ship them?

March was going to be ridiculous, but I've just decided to narrow it down to three things:

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Final Fantasy Type-0 LE
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (if it has a week 1 sale)

Toukiden Kiwami, Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection and Bloodbourne are going to have to wait.

bobawesome

Hopefully the lineup is better than February's offerings (for Vita, anyway). Rogue Legacy was one of my biggest disappointments.

Producer

any idea what are the preorder exclusive DLCs for the various Atelier Plus games and is there any way to get them still?

Late on this but hope i can help.

Totori Plus: 2 swimsuit DLC. The only way to get this now is through gamestop's website (download code). The downside is that it is $40

Meruru Plus came with one set of DLC, a costume and a hat. Its available on PSN.

Rorona Plus: Came with 3 DLC, only one is available for purchase.

autoduelist

Anyone use Sony Rewards? Finally had enough points for a $10 PSN code.

Do they send these by email or do they ship them?

email but it can sometimes take a couple of days

I've found it's often (always?) on the receipt page immediately after you buy it. It'll be real small (maybe a small link, can't remember) under the line item for the purchase.

I've gotten a couple hundred dollars through them, and always get it fast.

wilflare

Late on this but hope i can help.

Totori Plus: 2 swimsuit DLC. The only way to get this now is through gamestop's website (download code). The downside is that it is $40

Meruru Plus came with one set of DLC, a costume and a hat. Its available on PSN.

Rorona Plus: Came with 3 DLC, only one is available for purchase.

thanks! appreciate it.

hmm - wonder why they don't release all of them :/

I bought Ayesha Plus at $35.99 and it says "Atelier Ayesha Plus with Bonus (Full Game and Add-On Content)" so I should be good right?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It disappointed me too. Compared to games like Spelunky and Binding of Isaac it's garbage. It felt like a game in the genre made for people who don't like the genre. It doesn't reward skilled play or the learnig of mechanics. It rewards grinding. It doesn't reward the player that gets better. It rewards any player that plays long enough to level up. It's not well designed imo. It's a grind. Nothing more.

wilflare

It disappointed me too. Compared to games like Spelunky and Binding of Isaac it's garbage. It felt like a game in the genre made for people who don't like the genre. It doesn't reward skilled play or the learnig of mechanics. It rewards grinding. It doesn't reward the player that gets better. It rewards any player that plays long enough to level up. It's not well designed imo. It's a grind. Nothing more.

actually leveling up doesn't necessary make the game easier to play. one really needs to get better at dodging, waiting it out, etc

Producer

thanks! appreciate it.

hmm - wonder why they don't release all of them :/

I bought Ayesha Plus at $35.99 and it says "Atelier Ayesha Plus with Bonus (Full Game and Add-On Content)" so I should be good right?

who knows, they're leaving money on the table for sure. I messaged them about it but yeah, no response.

You're good with Ayesha.

Baust

I've found it's often (always?) on the receipt page immediately after you buy it. It'll be real small (maybe a small link, can't remember) under the line item for the purchase.

I've gotten a couple hundred dollars through them, and always get it fast.

Doesn't look like there's anything there. The site's got a totally different look on my end today, so that might be why.

antibolo

Banned
I think Rogue Legacy had some good ideas on how to spice up the roguelike genre, but the end result just didn't turn out into a good game.

But I give them a A- for effort.

They upped it to three with the release of the PSTV (the PSTV is counted as a handheld).

I currently have a PSP, a Vita and a PSTV activated to my account.

It worked, thanks.
Just installed Peace Walker on my Vita to compare the difference between PSP 3000 and Vita Slim. It looks great on the Vita, and the second analogue stick is fantastic. I also think I managed to not screw up the Vita content manager on my Mac, which is surprising for me.

bobohoro

I have MH4U.

The rational me is thinking the same. And I don't know if I can handle both games at once. But the original Toukiden had so much potential, an art style I adored and is basically a franchise I'd love to see grow further so I'll likely be there day-one out of principle.

My man. Don't forget it's a potential double dip.

---

Guys, I loved Totori+, but am struggling with Meruru+. It eventually got "boring" (not sure if it's how I feel about it, but it's close) and I have no desire to finish it, despite being past half of the deadline (right now I have to
1x1 vs Sterk
). The story being not so interesting as Totori certainly plays its part here, too.

That said, what are the chances I'll like Rorona+?

Will double dip whenever I get a PS4, most likely.

On the topic of Meruru+: I felt the same. Totori+ is a gem of a game and Meruru+ builds on that, but fails to ever be as engaging from a character/plot perspective, and the improved mechanics can only hold your interest for so long if you always have that comparison in mind. Add to that a bit of franchise fatigue and it becomes more of a slog to reach the ending. I think I quit only a handful hours before reaching the ending, just didn't see any potential pay-off with the way the story was going for me.

Can't directly comment on Rorona+, only played the original on the PS3. I liked the characters better than Meruru, but the gameplay obviously wasn't up to par yet. I'm pretty sure you'd like it, but I'd wager a guess that you might run into the same situation as with Meruru+.

I agree to an extend. While there were definitely some grinding barriers (on average, I can see really skilled people beating the game without it) and you could lower the difficutlty by extensive leveling, you'd still have to be decent at evasive maneuvers and understanding mechanics and patterns. The game opted for a more rpg-like style, which makes it fundamentally different from games like Spelunky and BoI, so I kinda don't get the comparisons.

It definitely rewards the player for getting better, the hardest challenges in the game for example have preset stats and can only be overcome by mastering the fight. Likewise, the game felt incredibly more fun as I understood enemy behaviour, knew which rooms to explore and which to bail on and made longer trips into the castle with more risky character builds. Sure, I needed some buffs to help me through, but then, I also can't beat Souls games at SL1 and still feel progression and reward for getting to know the game and progressing more smoothly.

maouvin

Can't directly comment on Rorona+, only played the original on the PS3. I liked the characters better than Meruru, but the gameplay obviously wasn't up to par yet. I'm pretty sure you'd like it, but I'd wager a guess that you might run into the same situation as with Meruru+.

Thanks. Will grab Rorona+ then, especially since it probably won't get cheaper than that anytime soon.

----

Got though 4-9 on Kick and Fennick after a bazillion tries, just to be trolled by 4-10 and its helpful slowdowns that only happen on some of the jumps. Because f you.
Will go back to it after some weeks, and chapter 5 better be worth it.

bobawesome

What's the consensus on Earth Defense Force 2017? Worth $12?

A lot of people really love it but the variety just wasn't there for me. There are only so many times I can chase a mothership or blow up colonies of ants. Might be worth picking up if you can find someone to play with.

The rational me is thinking the same. And I don't know if I can handle both games at once. But the original Toukiden had so much potential, an art style I adored and is basically a franchise I'd love to see grow further so I'll likely be there day-one out of principle.

I feel like they are releasing the game at the wrong time, this month is way too cluttered. Look at what NISA did with Operation Abyss, get the game out of these two hellish months, and release it when there is no competition. Let's not forget Kiwami is releasing on the Vita, which is getting plenty of games this month, as well as on the PS4 going against Type-0 and Bloodborne, which one could say are two of the most anticipated titles this year (the former because of the XV demo, but still). I know fans of the series will buy Kiwami, but I feel like they will be missing on a lot of sales.

Maid

Banned
I feel like they are releasing the game at the wrong time, this month is way too cluttered. Look at what NISA did with Operation Abyss, get the game out of these two hellish months, and release it when there is no competition.

Is that the actual reason for the delay?

Top Bottom