• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Hikami

Alright, finally bought something from the sale.

36bd12dd09.jpg
Decided to remotely download it to my Vita but..
Come on now.. (I have a Vita and a PSTV)
Is there no way for me to download it remotely to just one of them now?

wilflare

Alright, finally bought something from the sale.

guess I really need a 64GB for my VitaTV now

That's how Sony's playing it - A PSTV and a Vita are the same when we DON'T want them to be, and aren't when we do...

Sigh.

antibolo

Banned

Nope! Now that you own a Vita and a PSTV you will no longer be able to remotely download, ever! Isn't that awesome! Yeah, I love it too!

Is Amazing Spiderman worth $10?

It's actually really decent. In the open world there's some pop in and slowdown but honestly it's overall alright.

This. ^^

I actually really enjoyed the game, enough so to go back and platinum it as well as just fucking around in the city as a webslinger sometimes. :)

It has a few graphical issues, but nothing that hindered my enjoyment enough to put it down.

autoduelist

It disappointed me too. Compared to games like Spelunky and Binding of Isaac it's garbage. It felt like a game in the genre made for people who don't like the genre. It doesn't reward skilled play or the learnig of mechanics. It rewards grinding. It doesn't reward the player that gets better. It rewards any player that plays long enough to level up. It's not well designed imo. It's a grind. Nothing more.

That about sums up my feelings on it. I love my roguelikes. You overcome the initial wall of complexity/difficulty and eventually can beat the game regularly with the same exact level 1 character, accomplishing something that once seemed absolutely impossible.

In Rogue Legacy, any enemy I meet that's 'hard' will eventually be easy. I just need to die more first. A lot. For gold. To buy my way to victory.

I suppose the same can be said of any rpg where you can 'grind', but to me they are structured inherently different. I never once felt like I bought my way to victory in plat'ing DSouls; I felt that way almost instantly in RL. And in DRPGs, while I love the feeling of my party getting stronger and stronger, I don't get that joy from RL... I'm just buying hitpoints/damage/etc.

Oh well. I wanted to love it.

It's actually really decent. In the open world there's some pop in and slowdown but honestly it's overall alright.

This. ^^

I actually really enjoyed the game, enough so to go back and platinum it as well as just fucking around in the city as a webslinger sometimes. :)

It has a few graphical issues, but nothing that hindered my enjoyment enough to put it down.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I'm going to pick it up along with Deception IV, Battle of Z and maybe Project Miku 2nd, even though I haven't played much of the 1st, so I'm still kind of debating that one.

Hikami

Played about an hour of Tales of Hearts R and I'm really liking it.
The character inreactions are hilarious and the story is interesting so far. I usually dislike random encounters but, the combat here is good enough to make up for it.

bobawesome

One more trophy until I get the platinum in Gravity Rush. I just have to get a gold on that airboat race.

Best time: 1:30:40
Time for gold: 1:30:00

I wanted to cry when I saw that.

Tizoc

Wow a game I bought yesterday got removed from the store
Xevious PS1 was up and I bought it when I Dled it I find that it is 224 KB, I assumed they'd put it up later as I got it before the store fully updated.
Now I see it is removed, gonna contact support and see what the deal is.

bobawesome

This is the 4th Vita I've had with a dead/stuck pixel. I'm just...so fed up with the whole rigmarole at this point. I wish I could just ignore it but I can't. Has anyone had any success in the past removing or fixing a pesky pixel? I really don't want to have to send it in to Sony unless that's the only option I have. I'd be out nearly $30 for the custom skin I ordered at the end of December.

autoduelist

Wow a game I bought yesterday got removed from the store
Xevious PS1 was up and I bought it when I Dled it I find that it is 224 KB, I assumed they'd put it up later as I got it before the store fully updated.
Now I see it is removed, gonna contact support and see what the deal is.

Didn't it just go live? They probably just had an issue with the file or something, I'm sure it'll be back up sooner than later.

def sim

Hey, any of you know if pre-orders count towards the "spend $100 get $15 back" promo? I did so yesterday, but a large chunk of it was Bloodborne.

Tizoc

Hey, any of you know if pre-orders count towards the "spend $100 get $15 back" promo? I did so yesterday, but a large chunk of it was Bloodborne.

Pre-orders count, that promo is mainly for buying ANYTHING from US PSN, be it avatars or themes or games, anything you buy from the webstore and totals at $100 will count and net you a $15 code.
Mind u you must've made purchases before its deadline which escapes me atm :V

Didn't it just go live? They probably just had an issue with the file or something, I'm sure it'll be back up sooner than later.

Nope I don't see it anywhere on US PSN webstore.

def sim

Pre-orders count, that promo is mainly for buying ANYTHING from US PSN, be it avatars or themes or games, anything you buy from the webstore and totals at $100 will count and net you a $15 code.
Mind u you must've made purchases before its deadline which escapes me atm :V

Ah thanks a lot, Tizoc. Steam community coming through even in threads I don't usually frequent hah.

The deadline was on the 24th. A minute before midnight, pacific standard.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
New Vita model Lol

24ihd95.jpg

Tizoc

Ah thanks a lot, Tizoc. Steam community coming through even in threads I don't usually frequent hah.

The deadline was on the 24th. A minute before midnight, pacific standard.

I've gotten my codes for buy 1 year ps plus and pre-ordering like 1 game at least and still got my code everytime :p

You get the code in March so if u didn't get yours by then contact Sony.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I love the day the PS Plus lineup gets announced. It's like christmas once a month, except after unwrapping my present I still have to wait a week to use it. Also I'm under no obligation to pretend I like what I got if I don't like it.

SerTapTap

Senran Kagura Burst is also rated Teen. Reasonably modest undies and clothes damage aren't enough for an M, they'd need to go more hardcore like Shinovi Versus.

Unfortunately no. I just download Vita stuff to my PS3 now then transfer it (or manually download). Otherwise stuff downloads to my 2000, which is usually what I want, my PS TV, which doesn't have space, and my 1000, which is off.

I love how Hyperdevotion Noire just decides to break the 4th wall right off the bat lol. I can tell I'm gunna have fun playing this game.

The thing EVERYONE who hasn't played them seems to not realize is the games are 100% played for humor and completely full of stuff like that.

bobohoro

I feel like they are releasing the game at the wrong time, this month is way too cluttered. Look at what NISA did with Operation Abyss, get the game out of these two hellish months, and release it when there is no competition. Let's not forget Kiwami is releasing on the Vita, which is getting plenty of games this month, as well as on the PS4 going against Type-0 and Bloodborne, which one could say are two of the most anticipated titles this year (the former because of the XV demo, but still). I know fans of the series will buy Kiwami, but I feel like they will be missing on a lot of sales.

Yeah, definitely, especially considering that the game is slightly reliant on its online mode, which will probably not be as active in the beginning because of that and never will see a bigger population. Realistically speaking, it might be a better idea to wait for the first big sale (or maybe even a Plus announcement) to jump into the game to have a healthy player base. I can sadly see Kiwami getting buried in the release window and the fault lies mostly in the timing. Delaying it for a month, releasing at a sensible price point (~25€) and maybe even get some free costums in there, and the future would look way brighter. Meh. :/

SerTapTap

Lol. Do the other Neptunia games?

No, just a couple pervy CG images tossed in here and there and selectable swimsuit outfits. It has clothing damage because it's a tamsoft brawler sort of like Senran Kagura (but enemies seem to still be standard Neptunia monsters)

Top Bottom