• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

SerTapTap

I wish 3D Dot Game Heroes was on the PS Store :(

It's crazy that so many PS3 games, especially early ones, never made it on the PS store. Apparently it's still possible on PS4 too--Puyopuyo tetris is retail only. I thought this crap was behind us.

SerTapTap

We found out the Hotline Miami release date minutes after we announced the Flame Over date. A real head meet desk moment.

I'm pretty sure I've heard like 4 march games announced this week alone. Flame Over, Axiom Verge and Hotline Miami at least. Sinister Design actually pushed their march game back a month because of all this insanity.

I get to choose between this mess or a PC version without local co op. What the hell, Capcpcom.

autoduelist

My paypal is refusing to process the payment to ebay. Everything else is normal.

Yup, had the same thing happen to me. Eventually went through. Oddly, depending on the time i tried, I actually saw different pages on paypal. Sometimes it was sort of a quick pay screen that would send you back to ebay to confirm, sometimes the checkout seemed to be in paypal's site. The latter is what finally worked for me, on like the 2nd try of that screen and the 5th or 10th try in general. it was a true pain in the ass.

Is Deadmans Cross worth my time? It is super complicated in the wrong ways. It is like three games in one. The card battles are not interesting.

i hated it, personally. didn't like the sniping game. the card game was atrocious (it wasn't even a game really, it was 'hold fast forward' and watch while doing nothing, and i didn't like the drpg segment either since the combat was the card game.

If the card game was interactive, and a decent ccg, i'd probably be in love with it. as it is, i found it dreadful. it suffered from some of the worst trends in mobile gaming in terms of overall design.

SerTapTap

I'd go with PC since you at least have options for framerate and local co op can be patched in. The ps4 version is a mess though, i wonder what happened.

From what they said local co op will not happen and online co op will eventually be patched in. I wouldn't have enjoyed RE5 half as much without co op. Between all this and microtransactions to boot I'll just give it a pass I think. Hope Sony bites them in the ass for the PS4 version though what with how much they're throwing at Capcom for SF.

imageyfrfu.jpg

On the web store I got trine 2 for free.

I don't have ps plus so I don't know why it was for free

Tohsaka

Is that supposed to be funny or just pervy?
Both, I think? From the impressions I've read it seems to be a fairly solid dungeon crawler, albeit heavy on the fanservice.
Idea Factory International's silence has been really weird. Could someone try to contact them regarding Moero Chronicle's english release?

There's a thread on their forums, none of the staff have commented though. They seem to have a lot on their plate with Omega Quintet and Neptune U coming out soon, and they'd probably have to censor the game to release it in the west. Maybe they'd rather not bother with the hassle and just let people import it if they want it or something.

Vylash

Idea Factory International's silence has been really weird. Could someone try to contact them regarding Moero Chronicle's english release?
they've got Neptunia U, Omega Quintet,all of those Steam games, and Rebirth 3 to worry about, give them time

SerTapTap

Both, I think? From the impressions I've read it seems to be a fairly solid dungeon crawler, albeit heavy on the fanservice.

There's a thread on their forums, none of the staff have commented though. They seem to have a lot on their plate with Omega Quintet and Neptune U coming out soon, and they'd probably have to censor the game to release it in the west. Maybe they'd rather not bother with the hassle and just let people import it if they want it or something.

Hm if it's at least as funny as Sorcery Saga or better I might give it a go. Especially since Play Asia seems to have oddly non-extortionate pricing. I'm guessing IFI did the english translation? Do we know if it's a legit good one or a Sword Art Online style one?

If they can avoid censorship that way I guess it's a good idea.

Tohsaka

No idea about the translation, I'm going to take one for the team and find out myself though. Asian versions of games I've played have always been fine, other than SAO so I'm not really concerned about it.

Been playing Noire's game, as a guy that didn't really get into Rebirth 1 but liked the characters, this game is pretty fun. It isn't innovative, nor is it mind blowing, just a nice little SRPG with a bunch of cute girls constantly breaking the forth wall. Nice and relaxing lol.

SerTapTap

Been playing Noire's game, as a guy that didn't really get into Rebirth 1 but liked the characters, this game is pretty fun. It isn't innovative, nor is it mind blowing, just a nice little SRPG with a bunch of cute girls constantly breaking the forth wall. Nice and relaxing lol.

When did you give up on Rebirth 1? They kind of screwed the pooch by having a couple of major difficulty spikes early on, pretty annoying since that's a lot of people's first impression of the series. (better than the original Neptunia 1 as an impression but still come on)

Noire should be here today but I'll finish Dangan Ronpa 2 and Firefly diary first since I'm almost done and it's short, respectively.

When did you give up on Rebirth 1? They kind of screwed the pooch by having a couple of major difficulty spikes early on, pretty annoying since that's a lot of people's first impression of the series. (better than the original Neptunia 1 as an impression but still come on)

Noire should be here today but I'll finish Dangan Ronpa 2 and Firefly diary first since I'm almost done and it's short, respectively.
Yeah it was early on, I remember all mobs getting trashed easily, giving me a fake sense of confidence until I got to the boss fight and it was tough as nails. Not being content, the devs throw you right into ANOTHER fight right after and you can't save or anything in between. Other games came, so I just ended up dropping it.

Haven't seen this posted yet, but just came across it on Reddit - Greg Miller is tweeting at Sony execs to try and get Republique (iOS stealth game from MGS4 producer) onto Vita:

https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy/status/570667053369192448
Heh, fighting the good fight. Him and Colin are like, the biggest Vita fanboys :p It's nice seeing that people like them, higher up and well regarded in the industry give our little machine some love.

Tapejara

Yeah it was early on, I remember all mobs getting trashed easily, giving me a fake sense of confidence until I got to the boss fight and it was tough as nails. Not being content, the devs throw you right into ANOTHER fight right after and you can't save or anything in between. Other games came, so I just ended up dropping it.

This happened to me in the first PS3 game. Think it took me six months to get past a specific bosse. I ended up overleveling and the rest of the game was a cakewalk lol. Mk2 has the same problem, in that there are some spots with sudden difficulty spikes and no save points. I'm guessing the rest of the games have the same problem if CH didn't fix it with Re;Birth1?

This happened to me in the first PS3 game. Think it took me six months to get past a specific bosse. I ended up overleveling and the rest of the game was a cakewalk lol. Mk2 has the same problem, in that there are some spots with sudden difficulty spikes and no save points. I'm guessing the rest of the games have the same problem if CH didn't fix it with Re;Birth1?

So far Noire has none of that, the fact that you can change the difficulty helps too. The characters are endearing, but I can't deal with grindy games like I used to. I have the attention span and the patience of a parakeet, let's not even mention how free time is now a royalty... There's too much to play, too little time to spend grinding just to beat that one boss.

Tapejara

So far Noire has none of that, the fact that you can change the difficulty helps too. The characters are endearing, but I can't deal with grindy games like I used to. I have the attention span and the patience of a parakeet, let's not even mention how free time is now a royalty... There's too much to play, too little time to spend grinding just to beat that one boss.

I know that feel, man. I've been working on beating Neptunia Mk2 for over two years now. Never enough time to get it done.

Question for those of you stuck in Re;Birth1: I haven't played it, but I'm under the impression the storyline is the same as the original game. Are you all stuck on
Overlord Momus' messenger?
One fight with her took me forever.

Edit: I don't know why I spoiler-tagged that. It's not a spoiler lol.

Shizuka

I'm going through the same situation as names. I got stuck at some point during Rebirth and gave up. Playing Noire now and I'm enjoying it much more.

SerTapTap

Yeah everyone gets stuck on that one. Rebirth 2 is pretty much smooth sailing the whole way through, never had to grind, and optional dungeons aren't "required" like they are in Rebirth 1. Assuming they haven't royally screwed anything up, Rebirth 3 should be the same as Victory never had any forced grinding either

Question for those of you stuck in Re;Birth1: I haven't played it, but I'm under the impression the storyline is the same as the original game. Are you all stuck on
Overlord Momus' messenger?
One fight with her took me forever.

Edit: I don't know why I spoiler-tagged that. It's not a spoiler lol.

No, the storyline is a bit different and what everyone gets stuck on is
the first Black Heart fight
. They completely fucked up the difficulty there and on at least one other back-to-back bossfight. I Think it took them until Victory to realize those are a stupid idea but the ones in Rebirth 2 aren't especially difficult. Focusing on EXE attacks and conserving SP is usually the way to go (though you get EXE fairly late in rebirth 1 relative to difficult fights)

Tapejara

Yeah everyone gets stuck on that one. Rebirth 2 is pretty much smooth sailing the whole way through, never had to grind, and optional dungeons aren't "required" like they are in Rebirth 1. Assuming they haven't royally screwed anything up, Rebirth 3 should be the same as Victory never had any forced grinding either

. They completely fucked up the difficulty there and on at least one other back-to-back bossfight. I Think it took them until Victory to realize those are a stupid idea.

Oh yeah, I remember one those fights giving me trouble early on.

. They completely fucked up the difficulty there and on at least one other back-to-back bossfight. I Think it took them until Victory to realize those are a stupid idea but the ones in Rebirth 2 aren't especially difficult. Focusing on EXE attacks and conserving SP is usually the way to go (though you get EXE fairly late in rebirth 1 relative to difficult fights)

I am TRASH at JRPGS and used my giant supply (see: 20) of those basic 1000HP potions to stay alive after that first boss fight into the second immediately after. I thought I was supposed to die with the amount of health she was taking but I used strategy of after the first guard break, dedicate one person to keeping it broken, NEP-NEP laying on SP attacks followed by tons of Power attacks when SP ran out and the healer keeping everybody healed up be it with magic or with potions (and revives about 3 total).

Beat her first try. I feel accomplished now that I see all these people had problems with it.

edit: Also the thing I've learned about this game is after every story event you GOTTA GRIND. Keep grinding for cash, materials, errything. When you start to run out of RAM you can safely progress the story. Also make sure to take on those extra hard enemies an harvest shifts. If im not doing any of those Im more than likely getting my ass kicked. Only lost one battle so far and that was to the giant Dagoo on...west valley or something like that. That fuck gains like 6666 HP every fucking turn. Like holy shit. Im level 28 for everybody with EXE drives and STILL cant beat the fucker. I have no idea why. Fuck him.

bobohoro

i don't know how you guys have these kinds of problems with Re;Birth 1, the only really tough boss is the final one

Main problem of Re;Birth 1 was that there are a bunch of alternative dungeons that early on are nearly mandatory to achieve a reasonable level. But who does optional dungeons 3 hours into a RPG, right? I was around Lv9 when I first did the bossfight described and got decimated, thought it was a scripted loss when the second fight one-shotted everyone and was pretty clueless why the game wanted me to win. Explored the optional dungeons thereafter and did every time one opened up for the rest of the game and steamrolled everything, including the final boss. Totally uneven and weird.

I'm going through the same situation as names. I got stuck at some point during Rebirth and gave up. Playing Noire now and I'm enjoying it much more.

Yup its hilarious how I am enjoying a "spinoff" so much more than the real deal. Also Noire is a better lead character in my eyes.
*prepares his shield*

Tapejara

Yup its hilarious how I am enjoying a "spinoff" so much more than the real deal. Also Noire is a better lead character in my eyes.
*prepares his shield*

It's okay. Noire is great. Now if you had said Blanc...well that's a different story.
I can't believe Blanc was chosen to get a game over literally any other character.

inthemyst

Neo Member
I grabbed the Sting and Tiara DLC that went online yesterday. The DLC characters seem to break the game. But besides that, the Noire game is really fun. I'm having an easier time running through this than I did grinding through PP (in regards to spin-off games)

I just released that the Vita doesn't have a Platinum line in the West. That's a first for a Sony console or handheld.

Won't really miss it since they were ugly, but it's still interesting. Maybe the PS4 won't have it too.

Shizuka

I just finished preparing the Oreshika OT recently, so I've had to dig up quite a bit of information on the game.
I'm beyond excited at this point.

With a little research, I found that the platinum trophy is really hard to get. Did you find anything regarding that?

I just released that the Vita doesn't have a Platinum line in the West. That's a first for a Sony console or handheld.

Won't really miss it since they were ugly, but it's still interesting. Maybe the PS4 won't have it too.

I recently found something interesting related to that:
Amazon.de is listing 5 Vita games as "pre-order" without a release date for a lower price:
P4G, Ys, Danganronpa, Demon Gaze and Dragon's Crown for 22,99€ each instead of 39.99€.
Example
They're all NISA releases here, so I doubt it's an official Sony promotion, but I'm still curious what exactly is going on there. The normal full-price listings still exist as well.

Hikami

With a little research, I found that the platinum trophy is really hard to get. Did you find anything regarding that?

I've gone through the English trophy list and there's like 3~4 trophies (out of
) that seem to be really time consuming.

Top Bottom