• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Shizuka

I've gone through the English trophy list and there's like 3~4 trophies (out of
) that seem to be really time consuming.

Can you share the english trophy list or are you talking about running the japanese one through Google Translator?

TOTP: Buy htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (Vita). It's just $15 for the first week.

I recently found something interesting related to that:
Amazon.de is listing 5 Vita games as "pre-order" without a release date for a lower price:
P4G, Ys, Danganronpa, Demon Gaze and Dragon's Crown for 22,99€ each instead of 39.99€.
Example
They're all NISA releases here, so I doubt it's an official Sony promotion, but I'm still curious what exactly is going on there. The normal full-price listings still exist as well.

That's weird, if they want to lower the price why create another listing?

Hikami

Can you share the english trophy list or are you talking about running the japanese one through Google Translator?

It can be found here.
They don't really spoil much/anything in my opinion. There are 3 hidden trophies but those are just for specific character endings. But if you don't want to know those specific characters you can choose to (hide) the hidden trophies on the site.

Not sure how official this is but, it's certainly not google translated as some of the trophy names differ from the literal translations of the Japanese ones.

We're totally going to get Oreshika as day one PS+ free game you guys.

That's how much Sony has no faith in this game selling.

I don't know why anyone would have faith in the game selling. It's hard to get more niche than that. Any more promotion on it would be wasted money. I'm happy that we're getting it at all. And if we can get it for free (which I doubt), cool.

Tohsaka

I was going to import the Asian version of Oreshika 2, but I think I might just cave and download the US one to save $30 or so since I'm buying a bunch of other games next month.

Hikami

I don't know why anyone would have faith in the game selling. It's hard to get more niche than that. Any more promotion on it would be wasted money. I'm happy that we're getting it at all. And if we can get it for free (which I doubt), cool.
Pretty much, something I found earlier from an interview with Japan Studio Chief;
And Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines. This is a series that Western gamers might not be too familiar with. Can you bring them up to speed?

Allan Becker: We released the original Oreshika on PS1 in 1999 and a remake for PSP in 2011 but despite their popularity over here neither made it outside of Japan. At the time we thought that the game was too ‘Japanese’ to appeal to a western audience. But if you play it you’ll see it’s a unique and fun JRPG that will appeal to a lot of gamers so this time round it just feels right to bring the experience to new fans outside of Japan.
Going by the price point and the lack of information on the game, they probably still think this game is "too Japanese" to appeal to the West. Likewise though, I'm just glad we're even getting it.

Shizuka

It can be found here.
They don't really spoil much/anything in my opinion. There are 3 hidden trophies but those are just for specific character endings. But if you don't want to know those specific characters you can choose to (hide) the hidden trophies on the site.

Not sure how official this is but, it's certainly not google translated as some of the trophy names differ from the literal translations of the Japanese ones.

Sounds great, it'll share the japanese list.

Does anyone know anything about the Vita port of Banner Saga? Who's doing it, when it's coming?

Based off of the playstation blog, I'm fairly certain it is not just the first week. Pretty sure that's the permanent price.

Don't see it coming as a free game day one, but I could totally see it getting a discount at some point after a month or two.

Yeah, while it's possible we'll get it on plus, I seriously doubt it. I think this will end up like Freedom Wars. After a few weeks, the price will get slashed in a couple sales to help move copies.

I wish all these Atelier games had English language physical copies in Asia or something. Maybe like 10 years from now, after Vita's been cracked wide open, a repro "cart" place will be able to hook it up.

Firefly Diary is great. So glad I have this. It's a little frustrating sometimes, and I'm playing with the default touch controls rather than the C scheme that uses buttons... but I really dig it. My kinda game for sure.

autoduelist

We're totally going to get Oreshika as day one PS+ free game you guys.

That's how much Sony has no faith in this game selling.

I don't really think the two are connected at all. Two easy examples: Resogun and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, were both day 1 ps+ releases. Now, one could argue Resogun was there to help sell ps+ to ps4 owners, which is fine. But BoI would have sold like hotcakes even if not on ps+. I don't think that's a major factor -- in fact, I think Sony tries to get some higher profile games Day 1 to enhance the service. As such, I don't really think it's fair to act like putting a game out Day 1 on ps+ is somehow a bad thing. If anything, it's good for the game.

Maid

Banned
Play-Asia updated the product listing for Moero Chronicle to show that it does have English text. I pre-ordered it.

The question would be, how heavy censorship will be?

But who does optional dungeons 3 hours into a RPG, right?

I always thought people would do optional path before advancing, like how everyone will purposely went for the wrong way in old JRPG to get all the chest before walking in the right path to advance story.

Also, anyone who played Disgaea.

Has anyone played the Metal Slug Anthology for PSP on Vita? If so, and bugs or issues with it? I'm really craving some Metal Slug, but I don't want to buy this if it's bad.

Has anyone played the Metal Slug Anthology for PSP on Vita? If so, and bugs or issues with it? I'm really craving some Metal Slug, but I don't want to buy this if it's bad.

I've tried Metal Slug games on PS2, 360, PC, and Vita by this point and the Vita has been the best platform out of these by far. Portability and the Vita D-pad make a big difference.

In terms of emulation, the Vita significantly improves the loading times that you might read about for the PSP version (due to UMD read times). However, the games skip the attract mode on boot as well as the tutorial screen, and don't let you add credits manually (you need to restart if you run out).

I don't know about what other emulation problems there may be, but I think you'd have to go to the original PS1/PS2 releases or the individual PSP ports for a better experience.

In terms of emulation, the Vita significantly improves the loading times that you might read about for the PSP version (due to UMD read times). However, the games skip the attract mode on boot as well as the tutorial screen, and don't let you add credits manually (you need to restart if you run out).

Huh? You can continue as much as you want.

Thanks, guys. I recently got into SNK/Neo Geo stuff and have played MS3 before, but definitely cannot afford a Neo Geo AES (or for that matter, the games themselves) at this point in my life. I've heard differing opinions on whether the Wii or PSP collection is better, but I'm leaning towards getting it from the PSN for my Vita.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much, something I found earlier from an interview with Japan Studio Chief;

Going by the price point and the lack of information on the game, they probably still think this game is "too Japanese" to appeal to the West. Likewise though, I'm just glad we're even getting it.

To be perfectly frank half of the Vita's lineup is "too Japanese" though, which is why it is getting a ton of localizations.

Thanks, guys. I recently got into SNK/Neo Geo stuff and have played MS3 before, but definitely cannot afford a Neo Geo AES (or for that matter, the games themselves) at this point in my life. I've heard differing opinions on whether the Wii or PSP collection is better, but I'm leaning towards getting it from the PSN for my Vita.

I watched Game Grumps play through Metal Slug X on the Wii one and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it until I realized that no vehicles, bosses or destructible environment bits were doing a color change flash to indicate hits/damage: http://youtu.be/UewHeYf27zk

That's totally unacepttable imo and the PSP version definitely doesn't have that problem.

Also, I want to recommend the shit out of Shock Troopers in the PSP section too. It has no problems, it's awesome, it's cheap and it's a very tiny file size. One of SNK's best games imo.

Tohsaka

This new Deception IV game, Deception IV: Another Princess, is it like an expanded edition or is it a brand new game?

Upgraded edition with another playable character and new content. I wish I hadn't bought the PS3 version of the original last year, should've known it'd get another version since it's K-T.

antibolo

Banned

Oh no no no, never buy a AES ever. The AES game market is not only massively overpriced, but also filled to the brim with bootlegs, it is absolute shit. If you want to get into Neo-Geo, what you need is a consolized MVS system. MVS carts are much more reasonably priced, and with a proper modded system you will still be able to play games in AES mode.

You should hop by the Neo-Geo community thread if you have any questions. I haven't posted there in a while but let's just say I do own a few games:
d68fJ8G.jpg

Upgraded edition with another playable character and new content. I wish I hadn't bought the PS3 version of the original last year, should've known it'd get another version since it's K-T.

Yeah, I wouldn't have bought the vita version had I known they would do this. I guess I should've known better, but I didn't think it would happen with Deception. At least I had fun the first time.

Flunkie

Banned

You know what though, [the expansion] won't be $16 for at least one or two years so this is still a good deal if you plan on playing it any time soon.

Tohsaka

It will probably be another year before it comes stateside though, right?

The US version of Deception 4 came out only a month after Japan last year. If they're going to localize this new version, they probably won't take too long since the vast majority of it is already translated.

The US version of Deception 4 came out only a month after Japan last year. If they're going to localize this new version, they probably won't take too long since the vast majority of it is already translated.

Alright I'm going to hold off then. I still need to buy Puyo Puyo Tetris anyway.

You know what though, [the expansion] won't be $16 for at least one or two years so this is still a good deal if you plan on playing it any time soon.

But maybe the extra content will be worth the full price $40?

It will probably be another year before it comes stateside though, right?

As pointed out, most of the game is already translated, so in theory it wouldn't require as much work. I actually didn't know there was only a one month gap between games though. That would make me think that we might see it by the end of the summer.

edit;
Alright I'm going to hold off then. I still need to buy Puyo Puyo Tetris anyway.

Smart decision. I would wait if you're interested.

Oh no no no, never buy a AES ever. The AES game market is not only massively overpriced, but also filled to the brim with bootlegs, it is absolute shit. If you want to get into Neo-Geo, what you need is a consolized MVS system. MVS carts are much more reasonably priced, and with a proper modded system you will still be able to play games in AES mode.

You should hop by the Neo-Geo community thread if you have any questions. I haven't posted there in a while but let's just say I do own a few games:

Thank you so much for the info!

pariah164

Just realized Monster Monpiece is on sale... Mrgrgr.

As someone who never really plays card games, is there a steep learning curve? Or is it pretty okay as far as that goes?

Tohsaka

Just realized Monster Monpiece is on sale... Mrgrgr.

As someone who never really plays card games, is there a steep learning curve? Or is it pretty okay as far as that goes?

It's pretty simple and enjoyable. It was the first card game I had played in years and I didn't have much of a problem getting the hang of it.

Top Bottom