• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some Death under the Labyrinth Ray Gigant screens
Ray-Gigant_2015_02-26-15_021.jpg

Ray-Gigant_2015_02-26-15_022.jpg

Ray-Gigant_2015_02-26-15_023.jpg

It really looks like the child of Tokitowa(for the perspective and character design) and Stranger of the Sword Village(for enemies and backgrounds design), what more could we ask for?

Man between this, Digimon, Destroyer Trillion, Tokyo Xanadu etc(all with good chances of localizations imo) Vita has really a bright future, if only people understand this...

deadfolk

Hmm...can't decide between Bloodborne and Persona Q.

I can only do one game in March, and I'll need to do the purchasing in the next week or so.

I know there's a bunch of Vita stuff coming out this month, but I'm currently doing DR1 and Rorona (and next in the queue is SAO), so new Vita games won't get a look in for a while.

I just played through P4G and P3P virtually back-to-back, so the Persona hype is strong. Possibly there's the potential for burnout, but it is a vastly different game.

Bloodborne is a bit of an unknown quantity for me, but if I'm getting it, I'd like to be there at launch

Sigh. First world problems, etc.

What kind of game is Destroyer Trillion? For some reason that went completely under my radar. The second screen makes it look like a Mystery Dungeon (which I'm not really a fan of anymore). The other two games look really good.

VLiberty

The Swapper is great! Atmosphere is top notch and I'm liking the puzzles.

The secret collectibles are nowhere to be found. I'd like to get them without using a guide, but I don't even know what I should look for...

The secret collectibles are nowhere to be found. I'd like to get them without using a guide, but I don't even know what I should look for...

If you want a really mild hint:
Most or all of them are hidden behind fake walls. So if you shine your swapper thing around and see it goes into a wall there's a good chance something is hidden there.

If you do decide to use a guide here's the one I made :)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What kind of game is Destroyer Trillion? For some reason that went completely under my radar. The second screen makes it look like a Mystery Dungeon (which I'm not really a fan of anymore). The other two games look really good.

HAve you ever played ZHP for PSP? If not buy it because is one of the best game EVER(i'm not kidding or overreacting).
Destroyer Trillion is made by the same people(the people behind Disgaea) and the premise and gameplay sound similar to ZHP, it's a roguelike, your aim is to kill Destroyer(the one in the first screen), but he's too strong(he has one trillion hp) to be defeated in a single fight so between a fight and the other you go on dungeon to level up.

For those who don't know this is ZHP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wn6NYU7QeU

HAve you ever played ZHP for PSP? If not buy it because is one of the best game EVER(i'm not kidding or overreacting).
Destroyer Trillion is made by the same people(the people behind Disgaea) and the premise and gameplay sound similar to ZHP, it's a roguelike, your aim is to kill Destroyer(the one in the first screen), but he's too strong(he has one trillion hp) to be defeated in a single fight so between a fight and the other you go on dungeon to level up.

For those who don't know this is ZHP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wn6NYU7QeU

ZHP is also one of those games I heard about but never really looked at because my interest in games had kind of shifted to other genres and systems when it came out. Looks like it was removed from PSN because of an exploit but is back at least in EU, so I'll put it on my wishlist.

Maid

Banned
Some Death under the Labyrinth screens

It really looks like the child of Tokitowa(for the perspective and character design) and Stranger of the Sword Village(for enemies and backgrounds design), what more could we ask for?

Look intriguing, but I really wish they do something with do dead fish eyes. I feel like staring into the abyss when I look at those eyes.

Some Death under the Labyrinth screens

Man between this, Digimon, Destroyer Trillion, Tokyo Xanadu etc(all with good chances of localizations imo) Vita has really a bright future, if only people understand this...

These look stunning, wow. As for what could we ask for? That it comes over :p

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Only now i realized that i wrote "Death under the labyrint" instead of "Ray Gigant", the correct name of the DRPG with awesome enemies and dead eyes(lol) is Ray Gigant.

Damn what's the point of making a countdown for Death under the labyrinth and reveal nothing, not even a single screen, after its end? :mad:

Maid

Banned
She looks familiar because it is another dime a dozen generic looking anime schoolgirl.

The only one she reminds me of is "Okami-san and her seven companion". There are distinguish feature in the design but I guess people who aren't familiar with anime design won't manage to figure it out.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
She looks familiar because it is another dime a dozen generic looking anime schoolgirl.

She looks like a Kiseki character
Eiyuu-Densetsu-Sen-no-Kiseki-8.jpg

A little polemic, the more we go on the harder will be to make good original designs.
Honestly i prefer maybe more generic but sober design to original but weird design like in fighting games where new character are either weirder and weirder than the predecessors or a little more than weird reskins of other characters.

yaffi

Zing!

The only one she reminds me of is "Okami-san and her seven companion". There are distinguish feature in the design but I guess people who aren't familiar with anime design won't manage to figure it out.

Kinda, but not the eyes.

I guess she has a resemblance with Ion from ar/ciel nosurge or one of the girls from Photo Kano.

Maid

Banned
A little polemic, the more we go on the harder will be to make good original designs.
Honestly i prefer maybe more generic but sober design to original but weird design like in fighting games where new character are either weirder and weirder than the predecessors or a little more than weird reskins of other characters.

I think it's also the problem of the 3D model won't be good enough to make they stand out. Currently I must say the only one that manage to capture the 2D art feeling is GUST's 3D model.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think it's also the problem of the 3D model won't be good enough to make they stand out. Currently I must say the only one that manage to capture the 2D art feeling is GUST's 3D model.
I dunno, the 3d model looks really similar to the 2d counterpart
20150226_033812.png

tokyoxanadu_1502263.jpg

Darn it. My vita is on the 3.18 fw and I'm currently playing typ0 here. The gf and the kid cousins won't return the other one so I think I have to update mine. That's a pretty good sale and I can't pass up on F 2nd on the cheap.

My dilemma now is that should I buy the DLC songs for F 2nd or buy any of the 3$ vita games? Buying a digital copy of Valhalla for 6 doesn't sound like a bad decision too.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Glad the Tokyo Xanadu game isn't a F2P like what duck(t)roll is implying. Modern era Xanadu might sound bad for the original fans, but I'll just wait and see how Falcom would approach it.

deadfolk

Does anyone know of a decent list of March releases that includes EU? Trying to decide where to spend this month's gaming allowance, and I'm sure there's a load of stuff coming out that I've forgotten.

eFKac

Agreed great game, loved the creepy atmosphere.
Gotta admit that I had some problems with some of the late game puzzles but overall they were very clever.

As for collectibles...well I would say that only one was fairly obviously hidden, the rest is really well hidden. Fake walls in places you wouldn't expect to go to, blind routes.

Tizoc

Darn it. My vita is on the 3.18 fw and I'm currently playing typ0 here. The gf and the kid cousins won't return the other one so I think I have to update mine. That's a pretty good sale and I can't pass up on F 2nd on the cheap.

My dilemma now is that should I buy the DLC songs for F 2nd or buy any of the 3$ vita games? Buying a digital copy of Valhalla for 6 doesn't sound like a bad decision too.
Glad the Tokyo Xanadu game isn't a F2P like what duck(t)roll is implying. Modern era Xanadu might sound bad for the original fans, but I'll just wait and see how Falcom would approach it.

At the very least expect good gameplay.
I'll get to playing P3 and P4G when I get to them so all ya'all get off my case!

Also can anyone vouch for the Castlevania game? Does it look good (or runs well) on the Vita? Have only played a game from this series on the GBA so I'm not really up to update with them.

antibolo

Banned

There's a season pass for the DLC songs, don't buy them individually.

Tizoc

Also can anyone vouch for the Castlevania game? Does it look good (or runs well) on the Vita? Have only played a game from this series on the GBA so I'm not really up to update with them.

Brah are you questioning Casltevania? Are you questioning traditional 2D style Castlevania?

Cuz DXC is totally worth it, yuo can unlock 2 extra games, which offer even MORE replay ability.

Get on dat ish, and set the Audio to Japanes to experience Norio Wakamoto's sexy voice <3

At the very least expect good gameplay.
I'll get to playing P3 and P4G when I get to them so all ya'all get off my case!
And good soundtrack too. Though sometimes I want to see Falcom's MSPaint looking anime openings for their games LOL.
There's a season pass for the DLC songs, don't buy them individually.

I actually don't like some of the songs and I'm only buying a single song so I can hopefully fit in the extra characters dlc.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
EDIT:
Get on dat ish, and set the Audio to Japanes to experience Norio Wakamoto's sexy voice <3
I really don't remember much of my playthrough of the game so I'm a bit hesitant. Also playing the 3D castlevania on steam kinda left a bad taste on me.
Although having three games for that price is a steal though. *Removes Valhalla and Sumioni from the cart*

SerTapTap

Stayed up past midnight to finish Dangan Ronpa 2. Absolutely love the last chapter. I was very skeptical to start but I do agree that it was better than 1 (though less novel especially to start with and perhaps less evenly paced/good overall).

Next up are Firefly Diary (hopefully that'll only take a couple days, seems to be short) and Noire, then the unholy barrage of games from all sides that is March.

BTW if I love SotN to bits but haven't enjoyed a single other Castlevania (I haven't tried the Igavanias which is probably the problem) will I enjoy DCX? Can't get into 4 or the NES games or HD. Do not enjoy them as platformers and HD...man I don't even know. But it's not designed for singleplayer it seems.

...and Destroyer Trillion

So is Trillion a roguelike?

Tizoc

And good soundtrack too. Though sometimes I want to see Falcom's MSPaint looking anime openings for their games LOL.

I actually don't like some of the songs and I'm only buying a single song so I can hopefully fit in the extra characters dlc.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
EDIT:
I really don't remember much of my playthrough of the game so I'm a bit hesitant. Also playing the 3D castlevania on steam kinda left a bad taste on me.
Although having three games for that price is a steal though. *Removes Valhalla and Sumioni from the cart*

While you're at it get Casltevania Chronicles being a remake of Castlevania 1. Game req. transferring from PS3 to Vita though, but if you want more 2D Casltevania goodness, def. give it a chance.

Nothing wrong in getting a clear save data for DXC and copying it to your Vita, that's what I did :p

VLiberty

Content manager says that are 400 mb of "system use" files, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be this high. Any ideas? I'll try to do a database rebuild later though.

If you want a really mild hint:
Most or all of them are hidden behind fake walls. So if you shine your swapper thing around and see it goes into a wall there's a good chance something is hidden there.

If you do decide to use a guide here's the one I made :)

Agreed great game, loved the creepy atmosphere.
Gotta admit that I had some problems with some of the late game puzzles but overall they were very clever.

As for collectibles...well I would say that only one was fairly obviously hidden, the rest is really well hidden. Fake walls in places you wouldn't expect to go to, blind routes.

Thanks! I've finished the game and backupped the save a bit before finishing it, so I should be able to explore the game world without doing the puzzles again

Duster

Is anybody having PSN issues?

I had to play Dark Souls 2 offline yesterday (PS3) and haven't been able to do the Spelunky daily challenge today (Vita) despite being able to sign-in OK.

Sounds like Marvelous Europe is planning to do lots of cool things in the future
http://www.marvelousgames.com/marvelous-europe-here-and-now/

t’s time for Part 2 of our Marvelous Europe blog series, and this time we’ll be focusing on the here and now! The following article will shed some light on how we’re hoping to gradually evolve Marvelous Europe into a social hub for ALL Japanese media and fans alike.

The various sections below highlight the things we are beginning to do differently, what cool things we want to expand on and also what we hope to achieve. We hope you like our plans!
As part of this, we don’t just want to talk about our own games all the time – we want to begin sharing other Japanese games with you, commenting on the overall state of Japanese games in Europe and generally being a lot more open with you all. This is because we want to make you guys aware that we are also fans of these products, and we share the same enthusiasm that you have!

Hag

Is anybody having PSN issues?

I had to play Dark Souls 2 offline yesterday (PS3) and haven't been able to do the Spelunky daily challenge today (Vita) despite being able to sign-in OK.

I can't play any fighting games online atm. I can download stuff fine on the store though

Top Bottom