• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting is starting! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in February 2015. You can either PM me on GAF (which I prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)

Those Xanadu and Ray Giant pics on the last page are gorgeous. Gotta say, my interest has shot up for both of them. Also still very interested in Makai Shin Trillion. Hopefully all 3 get localization announcements. Trillion feels like a very safe bet at least.

Yeah seems possible. But with all the stuff being announced and coming out next week, who knows. I'd be really happy if it was tough.
I would be happy too. Coming from the hard platformer game Super Meat Boy + 1001 spikes should prepare me for this.
I guess that would explain the delay in PS+ announcements, but cutting a bit close to the wire if true.
They haven't announced the list for March so it might be possible. Not sure if this had already passed the QA / Misc stuff that can delay it though, making it out of the PS+ list if that happens.
Those Xanadu and Ray Giant pics on the last page are gorgeous. Gotta say, my interest has shot up for both of them. Also still very interested in Makai Shin Trillion. Hopefully all 3 get localization announcements. Trillion feels like a very safe bet at least.
I'm optimistic for Xanadu since XSeed is localizing Falcom's games on every platform they can. Hopefully Bandai Namco is still interested in localizing vita games when that game drops. I feel Trillion though, looks quite Disgaea-like to me. Doesn't help that Disgaea means grinding for me which I can't do now.

Auctopus

Has anyone encountered save game problems with Spelunky (PS4)?

I started to play the game and realised all my unlocked characters were gone, starting an adventure would make me play through the tutorial. However, once the tutorial was completed it would grant me to all my unlocked shortcuts again. After a run now, the game gets stuck at the 'saving game...' prompt. So, I closed the application and was met with the tutorial again.

Really strange. It's not a hard drive problem as I have tested out other games; loading, saving etc.

bobohoro

between Marvelous and Tecmo Koei , what is it with companies having awesome european branches and bad american ones?

Well it's nice that at least some companies started caring about Europe. Makes it easier for me to ignroe large amounts of untimely Atlus releases until they drop in price. <.<

And Europe is probably a nicer market for most of the more niche stuff coming out of Marvelous and Tecmo Koei.

I'm sensing a PS+ title.

I'd like that.

SerTapTap

If La Mulana is free on PS+ I'll wait til April to buy it after it's free status is up.

You can actually claim it on PS+ then ask Sony support to remove it from your account to "double dip". Not sure if you'd still need to wait for it to leave PS+ or what, I haven't bothered doing that yet. I'm also unsure if the dev still gets the PS+ cut (if any) or how that all works. It is a mystery

Spring Fever promo thingy, 10% off a bunch of March's digital download titles including Axiom Verge and Hotline Miami 2! (for PS+)

You can actually claim it on PS+ then ask Sony support to remove it from your account to "double dip". Not sure if you'd still need to wait for it to leave PS+ or what, I haven't bothered doing that yet. I'm also unsure if the dev still gets the PS+ cut (if any) or how that all works. It is a mystery

Spring Fever promo thingy, 10% off a bunch of March's digital download titles including Axiom Verge and Hotline Miami 2! (for PS+)

Weird promotion this time, as there is no cashback incentive. It's just "good games are coming in March and April" (we kind of knew that) and they'll have launch discounts (which is pretty normal). Some of the games are cool I guess. I mean it's not like there wasn't enough to buy around that time already.

SerTapTap

Weird promotion this time, as there is no cashback incentive. It's just "good games are coming in March and April" (we kind of knew that) and they'll have launch discounts (which is pretty normal). Some of the games are cool I guess. I mean it's not like there wasn't enough to buy around that time already.

Was Spring Fever the cashback promo? Though that was a weird biannual thingy. I enjoyed that too, but 10% launch discount is great too. I wish it were more standard. Just enough to be a nice bonus for people buying early, not enough to really feel like pressure to buy it before reviews hit.

Plus it's 8 titles this time, the cashback ones were always 4.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Maybe something big on PS+ awaits us.

autoduelist

you will surely get the driveclub

Last minute debating on whether it's safe (server wise) to release DC would certainly explain any delays.

Another possible situation would be that a game planned for Day 1 failed cert recently, so they've been scrambling for days/weeks to find a replacement and need to work out the details and get the paperwork signed.

I'm feeling the posibility of Hotline Miami 2 beign a PS+ title.

Duke Nukem 3D was due to January 13th and ended up beign a PS+ title, so the fact that Devolver already anounced a date, isn't an absolute.

I, sir, would shit my pants.

I'm feeling the posibility of Hotline Miami 2 beign a PS+ title.

Duke Nukem 3D was due to January 13th and ended up beign a PS+ title, so the fact that Devolver already anounced a date, isn't an absolute.

I, sir, would shit my pants.

I doubt it. That game will sell like hot cakes without PS+.

They also just announced a PS+ discount for when it releases.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So is Trillion a roguelike?
It seems to be the case, but i'll wait for a trailer to be sure.

Ray Gigant is from Experience, developers of Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss and others, so the localization is 100% sure imo, we have just to wait(a long time)

Trillion is from Compile Heart so that's another 100% safe localization imo.

Tokyo Xanadu localization is not certain but imo chances are high because unlike Legend of Heroes games it's a new ip, so it doesn't have to wait for the localization of previous games.

Shizuka

Ray Gigant is from Experience, developers of Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss and others, so the localization is 100% sure imo, we have just to wait(a long time)

From the three you mentioned, Ray Gigant's the least likely one. If it was just Experience, that'd be one thing, but the japanese publisher is Bandai Namco, which means that they'd be the ones allowing another western company to localize the game.

jzbluz

Tokyo Xanadu localization is not certain but imo chances are high because unlike Legend of Heroes games it's a new ip, so it doesn't have to wait for the localization of previous games.

Tokyo Xanadu is a safer bet because of XSEED, but Ray Gigant is also Bandai Namco, and they have a bunch of awesome games that are Japanese only.

Top Bottom