• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
From the three you mentioned, Ray Gigant's the least likely one. If it was just Experience, that'd be one thing, but the japanese publisher is Bandai Namco, which means that they'd be the ones allowing another western company to localize the game.

Tokyo Xanadu is a safer bet because of XSEED, but Ray Gigant is also Bandai Namco, and they have a bunch of awesome games that are Japanese only.

If Namco makes this coming westward
2580334-5142787317-jsta_.jpg

Everything is possible ;)

EDIT:
TOTP, don't be cheap and buy oreshika at d1!

yella

Haven't posted in here in ages, but I have an issue I was hoping I could get some help with. I bought a $50 PSN card to get some stuff, but when i enter the code, it says it has alteady been used. How do I get in touch with Sony in order to get my credit?

Shizuka

Granzella:

"Aside from work on the Disaster Report series and our manga-making software Let’s Manga for PS Vita, we’ve got one more title in the pipeline this year for Vita, plus a brand new action adventure game, among a bunch of other things we’ve got in the works. We hope you’ll stick around and see where things go from here".

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/02/granzell...-report-acquisition-playstation-home-shutdown

They just have to get their games localized now.

Ray Gigant is from Experience, developers of Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss and others, so the localization is 100% sure imo, we have just to wait(a long time)

Trillion is from Compile Heart so that's another 100% safe localization imo.

Tokyo Xanadu localization is not certain but imo chances are high because unlike Legend of Heroes games it's a new ip, so it doesn't have to wait for the localization of previous games.

If I'm being honest, I think all three titles are likely. But if I were going from most to least likely:

1) Trillion- all but officially confirmed. IFI has yet to skip a game aside from possibly Moero.
2) Xanadu- I actually do think this is likely. XSeed might skip it, but it seems like something they would pick up. There isn't a lot that would hold them back, as you pointed out.
3) Ray Giant- Again, I actually think this is pretty likely, but I believe this will hinge a bit more on the success of Operation Abyss and NISA's plans moving forward.

deadfolk

( ゚д゚) Banned game is winning.

I kind of saw this coming. I think a lot of people are enjoying it but are too frightened of banning to discuss it.

I'm only holding off because I want to use the Japanese version assist my language learning once I reach a good enough level.

To anyone that has played it: Does all the text stay on-screen until you advance/dismiss it?

SerTapTap

Still no response from IFI about press access. For people who talked to them did you send them viewership info or anything? I'm assuming it's because I'm a youtuber and/or too low of viewership but I don't really know, only used to dealing with indies. Would love to get in touch with NISA IFI and Xseed (NISA ignored me too)

family-guy-good-good-o.gif

still haven't voted so don't blame me

So is Trillion a roguelike?
It seems to be the case, but i'll wait for a trailer to be sure.

It seems like they're describing it as an SRPG. But maybe you're right, as certain elements sound roguelike.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I think it will be that with an off chance of Noire.

I'm voting for a game that doesn't stand a chance, but I like it nevertheless.

Shizuka

IFI skips plenty of their games; they have yet to localize even one of their Otomate games.

They aren't skipping any Compile Heart game. They know CH games are the ones that sell the most in the West, that means they're not really using resources on IF games.

If Namco makes this coming westward
2580334-5142787317-jsta_.jpg

Everything is possible ;)

EDIT:
TOTP, don't be cheap and buy oreshika at d1!

I'll be so happy if that game actually does get here and gets a physical release on Vita. Do it at Gamestop if you have to.

I'll definitely buy Oreshika day 1 if that play-asia listing goes live. Otherwise I don't really care about it, cheap or not. It's a huge filesize and I wouldn't be playing it for a very long time anyway.

I'd have voted for that if I could articulate why people who aren't already playing it should play it. I'd probably be like "This is the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest of weird Vita games."

Voted for a game I know won't win.

Tohsaka

IFI skips plenty of their games; they have yet to localize even one of their Otomate games.

They probably don't see much of a market for otomege, unfortunately. Stuff like Neptune and most of Compile Hearts other games are a much easier sell, and Moero Chronicle would probably appeal to people who like them as well.

adarker

Banned
Still no response from IFI about press access. For people who talked to them did you send them viewership info or anything? I'm assuming it's because I'm a youtuber and/or too low of viewership but I don't really know, only used to dealing with indies. Would love to get in touch with NISA IFI and Xseed (NISA ignored me too)

family-guy-good-good-o.gif

still haven't voted so don't blame me

PMed you some info! Hope it helps!

This is the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest of weird Vita games."

I haven't played it and I don't really have an idea what that quote means but I want to vote for it based on that. Can I vote for a game I haven't played? I don't think I played any PS game released in February.

That's what I thought about LBP Vita.

LBPV was actually a great LBP game, though, and sold as "ok" as most games for Vita were. LBP3's been a bomb (relative to the install base of PS3/PS4) and a trainwreck for bugs and instability. At this point, all they can do is try and get it into people's hands and hope they buy some DLC. For that to work, though, they'll have to at least make sure people can actually play/create online together and aren't regularly corrupting their LBP profiles... but I expect Sony to just dump it on PS+ w/o fixing anything.

FireCloud

Hey guys! I often forget to check this thread since it moved into Community.

Of course.
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary
That's also a valid option. Any Vita game would be a valid option, we got three great Vita games in February.

I almost preordered hotL#NiQ from NISA when I preordered "the game that must not be named". After seeing BlueMaxima's review of the game, I'm kinda glad that I didn't.

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary Vita Gameplay

That game that I did preorder, I ended up thinking it was a much better game that what I expected it to be. I voted for that as GotM.

Edit: On the other hand, his video on Hyperdevotion Noire has me interested in getting that down the road.
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart Vita

Cha

That Suikoden image has me interested. If I decide to bite, do I have to play Suikoden1, or can I just jump into Suikoden 2?

Tohsaka

That Suikoden image has me interested. If I decide to bite, do I have to play Suikoden1, or can I just jump into Suikoden 2?

I'd recommend playing the first game first, there are a lot of returning characters and such in the sequel.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Showel Knight is coming to Playstation on April 21st.

After a forced shutdown of my pc and an update the font for the text in Neogaf is different...

Khronico

I'd recommend at least trying to play through as much of Suiko 1 as you can handle. Even though I eventually gave up on trying to finish the first and moved on to the second, I love the cameos from and nods to the first in Suiko 2. Plus you'll really appreciate all the advancements in mechanics.

FireCloud

Showel Knight is coming to Playstation on April 21st.

After a forced shutdown of my pc and an update the font for the text in Neogaf is different...

There was a Window's update that was released in the last couple of weeks that is known to mess up fonts. I had that problem as well. I chose to uninstall that update as it was making everything a pain to read.

After Windows Update all courier new fonts messed up

Hi,
this is a known issue caused by update KB3013455 .
Currently there seems to be no workaround. It affects the front-rendering / smoothing:
After you install security update 3013455, you may notice some text quality degradation in certain scenarios. The problem occurs on computers that are running the following operating systems:
Windows Server 2008 SP2
Windows Server 2003 SP2
Windows Vista SP2
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.

Microsoft had also problems with patch KB3001652 which could freeze your computer. But yesterday they published an update on the latter one.

HTH
Rainer

I almost preordered hotL#NiQ from NISA when I preordered "the game that must not be named". After seeing BlueMaxima's review of the game, I'm kinda glad that I didn't.

blah... the game IS very frustrating at times, but he really needs to chill. "it's just figure out what you need to do and do it"... yeah, that's a video game alright. There's a lot that makes the game satisfying and interesting in spite of the unwieldy nature of the controls. When you have the hang of it, it does a lot more with two basic front/rear touch mechanics in a more traditional level design/difficulty progression, than stuff like Escape Plan and Murasaki Baby do. Those games are like galleries and mini-game ideas by comparison.

He's right for informing people as a reviewer, 'cause not many will have the patience for it, but it'd be a shame if this game's reputation were to go down as a piece of crap when it's really something special imo. Also, he's doing that first boss completely wrong... just move the cursor below the character and she'll let go of objects she's pushing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
There was a Window's update that was released in the last couple of weeks that is known to mess up fonts. I had that problem as well. I chose to uninstall that update as it was making everything a pain to read.

After Windows Update all courier new fonts messed up
Thanks! Now i'm relieved, it's just an update issue so i can just wait for the next one, if on the other hand it was the result of the forced shutdown it could have been a pain...

That game that I did preorder, I ended up thinking it was a much better game that what I expected it to be. I voted for that as GotM.

Didn't he also dislike the banned game and say it was bland/boring and not really worth anybody's time?

Bluemaxima seems like a nice guy, but every time I see one of his videos it seems like he's always grousing and over embellishing certain issues.

I didn't watch the whole video, but it just seems like the game just isn't really his thing. Not to say Firefly Diary isn't challenging and doesn't have its fair share of issues, but it's not as bad as he seems to be proclaiming it to be. I've had a lot of fun and found it fairly charming so far.

Top Bottom