• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Those who are interested in suikoden 2 thanks to that image: You're aware people refer to it as the "Game of Thrones" of JRPGs, no?

Regardless... Buy it. Buy the first too. Play the first. My playthrough was 17 hours or so. First is something of a prologue.

Shizuka

Am I the sole member of VitaGAF that download and played Deadman's Cross? I can't believe it, the game is not bad at all and the F2P aspects don't feel restrictive like most similar games.

Is the free 8 coins pack for Fat Princess match 3 up too? Didn't find it earlier (and Toro was already up by then).

I asked them about that in the customer service chat. Unfortunately, you're only able to recieve it if you're downloading the game for the first time. Otherwise you're ineligible. :/

Hikami

Took me 18 hours to finish Suikoden, recruited all the characters. The story was really uninteresting though and made me not want to play the second game..

That was around 2 months ago though. Now that I actually want to play Suikoden 2, I deleted the first one so now I wouldn't be able to transfer my save if I did get S2..

VLiberty

Stealth inc 2 trophy list is up?!?

We need a "why can't I hold all this Vita games?" jpg

Regarding Swapper. I managed to get 6(I,II,III,IV,VIII,IX) of the collectibles on my own. I just used a "soft hint" for two other collectibles(V and VII; I did only read the area in which they were hidden). Finally, for VI and X, I had to look at where it was placed in detail. Those two's placement was nuts.

Took me 18 hours to finish Suikoden, recruited all the characters. The story was really uninteresting though and made me not want to play the second game..

That was around 2 months ago though. Now that I actually want to play Suikoden 2, I deleted the first one so now I wouldn't be able to transfer my save if I did get S2..

save transfer is not very important. I can't even recall what it grants you. Just play the 2nd and appreciate the upgrade.

Khronico

There's saves for Suiko 1 that work for the vita ver on Gamefaqs, I grabbed a 100% save there and transferred over.

Also IDK what I was doing wrong but I was about 12 hrs deep in Suiko 1 and only a little bit more than halfway done with the game according to my research.

autoduelist

Am I the sole member of VitaGAF that download and played Deadman's Cross? I can't believe it, the game is not bad at all and the F2P aspects don't feel restrictive like most similar games.

The two of us agree on most every game, but I draw the line at deadman's cross. maybe, and i stress maybe, if it had a compelling ccg instead of the non-interactive hit fast forward and wait card 'game'.

Takao

Banned

i downloaded it
i fell asleep during the tutorial

neshcom

Banned
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but did those 10% coupons for the winter network outage go out? I read that Metro interview and it made it seem like they came and went...

antibolo

Banned

Did you follow a guide? That sounds pretty fast for a 100% playthrough on your first time.

Shizuka

The two of us agree on most every game, but I draw the line at deadman's cross. maybe, and i stress maybe, if it had a compelling ccg instead of the non-interactive hit fast forward and wait card 'game'.

That's a shame, although I do agree that the only strategy during the card game is the cards placement. Other than that, it's mostly press triangle to skip or press cross to fast-forward.

i downloaded it
i fell asleep during the tutorial

Wow, the tutorial isn't that long.

Hikami

Did you follow a guide? That sounds pretty fast for a 100% playthrough on your first time.
Yeah, started using a guide a bit later in the game when I realized you had to recruit people. Wasn't planning on replaying it so I just wanted to see everything on my first run.

Garraboa

3VzvG5V.png

What I ended up getting. I opted out of DXC and CoD because I'm basically freeloading these games off my brother's CC :V and I plan to get Oreshika and LMEX with my cash.

Hikami

So uh, i think my Toro theme is broken? lol

Some icons have the Toro theme applied, others have the Playstation 20th Anniversary theme applied..
I didn't even have that theme on before switching to the Toro one.

I know it's not supposed to be looking like that since when changing the theme in settings it shows different icons.

Anyone else's like that or is it just me?

Shizuka

Some icons have the Toro theme applied, others have the Playstation 20th Anniversary theme applied..

I know it's not supposed to be looking like that since when changing the theme in settings it shows different icons.

Mine is different from yours, it's working properly. I don't know, maybe you could try downloading and installing the Anniversary theme, see what happens.

Hikami

Mine is different from yours, it's working properly. I don't know, maybe you could try downloading and installing the Anniversary theme, see what happens.
Already have the anniversary theme installed. Think I just figured it out though.
It wasn't changing some icons that were in folders for some reason.. had to take them out of the folders and switch around themes for them to finally change.

Would be nice if this could be a thing though, like choosing which icon to have which theme.
but that'll never happen

maouvin

Someone on /r/Vita had a similar issue (anniversary theme with uncharted icons). He solved it switching to other themes and then back to Toro's.

edit: late

The first suikoden is decent. Story is uninteresting, but recruting characters is fun. Took me about 17 hours as well to finish it

I never thought Suikoden had a particularly good story. I was coming off a lot of amazing 16-bit jrpgs, and it was solid, but the real appeal to me was more that it was familiar and very competent. Nice quality sprites, great design, and 108* characters to recruit was pretty cool at the time. It's Breath of Fire league to me.

Before that, for PS1 jrpgs, I had just played Beyond the Beyond and it was a universe of difference going from that crap (Tecmo Secret of the Stars league imo) to a legitimately great 32 bit jrpg.

The best storyline in 1996 was Blood Omen, by far, but that was a Zeldalike (and the loadtimes... jesus). I also had a Saturn and was more impressed with the 2D offerings over there that year. Dragon Force and Dark Savior were "cool" stories to me, even though they're not strict jrpgs. I still think Suikoden is a classic, though, and that the first two games are indispensable to the PS1 library. I bought a PS1 in anticipation of FFVII, and without a few gems like Suikoden, that first year or so would've been nothing but buyer's remorse.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
No idea. I guess we will either never get it or it will just appear one day without warning. I've not heard anything official.
It has been rated by PEGI and for Australia. It will come one week or another. We'll probably hear about it the same week it's getting released.

Yeah, started using a guide a bit later in the game when I realized you had to recruit people. Wasn't planning on replaying it so I just wanted to see everything on my first run.

not that Suikoden 1 is a ground breaking example of video game narratives, but using a guide probably didn't help the game to be interesting...

Hikami

not that Suikoden 1 is a ground breaking example of video game narratives, but using a guide probably didn't help the game to be interesting...

I think would've enjoyed it less if I hadn't used a guide.. would've probably never even known you could get a map or warp back to base.

autoduelist

I want to vote for Banned Game even though i haven't played it yet as retribution for Grim Fandango not winning.

That's a shame, although I do agree that the only strategy during the card game is the cards placement. Other than that, it's mostly press triangle to skip or press cross to fast-forward.

The tutorial for the card games is:
1) Press fast forward.

i'm not even kidding. i wish I was.

SerTapTap

Axiom Verge on Twitter said the Vita version is probably only 1-2 months off the PS4 release (and it's cross buy regardless of when you buy)

Best Goddess: Tactics arrived

Her voice isn't weird! I dunno why it sounds so wrong to me in Rebirth 1 but I'm glad it's a fluke. I need to put some nails in things sometime so I can hang up all this crap I have.

Khronico

Holy crap so many games I want to buy for vita this year:

Oreshika 2
Operation Abyss
Tokyo Xanadu
Steins;Gate
Hotline Miami 2
Shovel Knight
Revelaitons 2
Banner Saga
Darkest Dungeon

I might have to break down and get a 64gb card.

I fear for my wallet.

Top Bottom