• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They did change a bit when Basara first made its debut. I don't remember the old Warriors were over-the-top as some of the current ones until Basara competed with them in the spot of Musou genre. Then again, I always feel like Basara didn't get the budget it deserved, since the games too often looks like it was on a tight budget even with its popularity. Probably because there are many fans of the series don't bother playing the games, though.

I think its more due to Capcom not really giving a shit these days more and not giving anything much of a budget outside of Monster Hunter. Though Basara still did get a lot more games for a new IP than other titles though. Even the legendary hilariously bad / broken Basara fighting game by Arc System Works. Though most of the fans of Basara these days seem to be Female and you can tell that was the audience they were targeting in the last Basara title they released.

PvKbIno.jpg

In Space We Brawl - PS4

This basically is a multiplayer twin stick shooter which sounds fun but turns out isn't fun at all. I waited until I could try local multiplayer because I thought maybe that is where the fun is located at but after playing a couple a games my friend looked at me and just said "this sucks". Yeah the single player challenges are boring frustrations that nobody should attempt. No online play. Nothing here is worth your time. This will be on sale for $1 during a PSN sale and you will be tempted but don't waste your time and money.

3/10

Near TOPR: Get Super Mega Baseball

BraXzy

Have games that were free on PS+ ever been on the monthly free list again? I'm contemplating buying Resogun but know it was once free. Chances of it coming up again?

Have games that were free on PS+ ever been on the monthly free list again? I'm contemplating buying Resogun but know it was once free. Chances of it coming up again?

Chances of Free -> None
Chances of going on sale -> Very High

Just buy it. Not worth waiting to play an awesome game to save a couple of bucks. I think Geometry Wars 3 is better and more value but Resogun is a blast and a bit different from standard twin stick shooters.

Just finished Chapter 5 of DR2. Holy shit. This chapter (and potentially the rest of the game) might single handedly make the game about 90% less shit.

Maid

Banned
I think its more due to Capcom not really giving a shit these days more and not giving anything much of a budget outside of Monster Hunter. Though Basara still did get a lot more games for a new IP than other titles though. Even the legendary hilariously bad / broken Basara fighting game by Arc System Works. Though most of the fans of Basara these days seem to be Female and you can tell that was the audience they were targeting in the last Basara title they released.

I also noticed the rise of popularity among female fanbase since the anime came out, but I guess that's mostly because of the seiyuu. Can't say that I enjoys all the characters, but I thought the voice acting were pretty great and I'm in for all those over the top and silly actions. The gameplay still need polishing as it always feel unsatisfied after playing for awhile.

Does Capcom have any plan for Basara game on a PS4?

Off to buy my psv 64 gb mem card. 86 usd. I guess it could be worse.

I think that's a pretty good price already. Many places will charge you for $100.

Dead Rising 2 had chapters? I don't remember that.

Danganronpa 2.

Parakeetman

Does Capcom have any plan for Basara game on a PS4?

Its hard to say really considering that 4 from what I remember did not do all that impressive numbers in comparison to 3.

There has been 2 mobile games released one I think was a card game and the other is pachinko. Pachinko seems to be still active, but the card game might have gotten taken down.

With how Capcom is getting harder to predict but we know that they do not have a large budget am unsure what will happen with the Basara series on next gen.

Seeing how they skipped the US for any sort of release too is a potential sign that they do not have high hopes for recouping costs overseas. So that means if domestically it does poorly also, chances of it being shelved for a while would be high.

Just finished Chapter 5 of DR2. Holy shit. This chapter (and potentially the rest of the game) might single handedly make the game about 90% less shit.

On the podcast you said that you preferred the original to the sequel. Who knows, maybe by the end of it your opinion will turn around :p

Just tried Hotline Miami for the first time. Really disappointing for me. It seems to simply be too twitchy for me. It's such a bummer because of how dman stylish it is (headphones = sweet) and because I can see how it could be a blast for people who can keep up with it.

On the podcast you said that you preferred the original to the sequel. Who knows, maybe by the end of it your opinion will turn around :p

Nah, the last section(s?) will have to be absolutely mind blowing to usurp the first. There are just too many fucked up minigame issues in the 2nd. It's not as fun.
Just tried Hotline Miami for the first time. Really disappointing for me. It seems to simply be too twitchy for me. It's such a bummer because of how dman stylish it is (headphones = sweet) and because I can see how it could be a blast for people who can keep up with it.

Vita/console or PC? I honestly think twinstick controls are 100% garbage for the game. It's playable, but the mouse is preferable in every way.

Nah, the last section(s?) will have to be absolutely mind blowing to usurp the first. There are just too many fucked up minigame issues in the 2nd. It's not as fun.

I can agree with you on the minigames. I didn't love them on the first game, but the second one made them even more annoying. I just wanted to get them over with so I could carry on with the story.

ZeroAKA

If anyone is wondering how long the Vita lasts in standby mode, it's at least 4 weeks. I know this because I've played my Vita for at most an hour in the past 4 weeks, and the battery bar just turned red.

Please don't hurt me, Vitabros.

Producer

Vita/console or PC? I honestly think twinstick controls are 100% garbage for the game. It's playable, but the mouse is preferable in every way.

I agree, vita's controls are just too inaccurate for this game and the small screen hurts visibility as well.

With a mouse you can be way more presice and you'll have a bigger viewpoint with a monitor.

I agree, vita's controls are just too inaccurate for this game and the small screen hurts visibility as well.

With a mouse you can be way more presice and you'll have a bigger viewpoint with a monitor.

Touch is useful on Vita sometimes. Hotline Maimi takes practice, planning and patience. Not for everyone.

I felt the sticks were fine for Hotline Miami. Of course, M+Kb is optimal, but I really liked the feel of the Vita version.

Parakeetman

Problem is you do not have as much room to "play" with on the vita analog sticks. Its why for example action games that work on the PS Vita TV work better due to being able to use the DS3 which analog sticks have more range of movement allowing for better aiming.

Its more a hardware limitation rather than an actual game flaw. But perfectly understandable considering the PSV is a portable unit.

Producer

its definately not unplayable or anything but i just had more fun with it on PC.

though its great that the game got a ton of exposure when it hit Vita/PS3, HM2 with the level editor is a fantastic idea. I think they added a roll too? Haven't really kept up with the game.

If anyone is wondering how long the Vita lasts in standby mode, it's at least 4 weeks. I know this because I've played my Vita for at most an hour in the past 4 weeks, and the battery bar just turned red.

There hasn't been anything noteworthy for me either on the system for those 4 weeks, so it's understandable. My Vita however gets a lot of usage, it is my "Destiny power-grinding remote play machine" after all. Also my "wake up in the morning still half asleep but awake enough to pick up the daily bounties in Destiny before heading to college/work".

He's not the only one, the first game really is better, at least for me as well.

Fair point. I'm hoping that DR AE comes over just to break away from the formula a bit, from the little that I saw of it, it looks like a ton of fun, and more DR plot is always great, prequel or not.

There hasn't been anything noteworthy for me either on the system for those 4 weeks, so it's understandable. My Vita however gets a lot of usage, it is my "Destiny power-grinding remote play machine" after all. Also my "wake up in the morning still half asleep but awake enough to pick up the daily bounties in Destiny before heading to college/work".

Yeah, I'm taking this time to work on my backlog. I have an XRGB ordered though, so once that comes in I'll be playing my PS2 all day erry day. Or at least until my copy of GB2 arrives.

Yeah, I'm taking this time to work on my backlog. I have an XRGB ordered though, so once that comes in I'll be playing my PS2 all day erry day. Or at least until my copy of GB2 arrives.

Good old PS2... Not too long ago my cousin went to Portugal to visit our family. I had her go by my old place there where I have all of my childhood games/consoles just to pick up my copy of Dragon Quest VIII that I had in my room gathering dust. Looking at it makes me wanna buy a PS2 just to replay it. Don't think it would work here in Canada since it is PAL... But oh well. At least the game is with me and so are all my fond memories of playing it.

Good old PS2... Not too long ago my cousin went to Portugal to visit our family. I had her go by my old place there where I have all of my childhood games/consoles just to pick up my copy of Dragon Quest VIII that I had in my room gathering dust. Looking at it makes me wanna buy a PS2 just to replay it. Don't think it would work here in Canada since it is PAL... But oh well. At least the game is with me and so are all my fond memories of playing it.

This is high up in my backlog. I played a few hours but couldn't beat it on my old CRT. The thing buzzes super loud and gives me migraines.

nampad

Please don't thread whine about the Soul Sacrifice thread here and get banned :(
Rather message the administration. As I said before, I got some positive feedback out of my last complaint and it would probably help if more people do it instead of just me.

_hekk05

Banned
Got my 64 gb card, instantly feel a need to fill it up. Is this how it starts?

I'm just going to spend all my time on disgaea 4 , DR2 and P4G until aterlier arland trilogy goes on sale.

Please don't thread whine about the Soul Sacrifice thread here and get banned :(
Rather message the administration. As I said before, I got some positive feedback out of my last complaint and it would probably help if more people do it instead of just me.

good. point some mods in there and tell them to get banning for all the port begging.

Xenoflare

good. point some mods in there and tell them to get banning for all the port begging.

I like this approach much better, hell it's pretty constructive.

Tizoc

Got my 64 gb card, instantly feel a need to fill it up. Is this how it starts?

I'm just going to spend all my time on disgaea 4 , DR2 and P4G until aterlier arland trilogy goes on sale.

When you get your 64 GB you are at the peak of hype & joy.
As you begin to fill it up you will eventually reach Despair and realize; You don't have enough space for all that Vita goodness.

I like this approach much better, hell it's pretty constructive.

When were were VitaGAF, way back when, I think Takao got a ban for wandering into the GTA:SA iOS/Android thread and remarking that it was on pretty much every mobile platform but Vita.

If that's port begging, then starting a thread and having everyone concur that the game needs to be put on PS4? That's port begging 10x over, but without the protective shield of a petition initiative.

autoduelist

I've got it down to about five minutes now with some practise!

Basically, one you've got your dummy account set up (needs to be a known account on your ps4 too), it's pretty easy.

SNIP

oh. requires reformatting my vita? i'm out. my games are too organized to deal w/ that.

Gotta disagree, I prefer playing on the vita. Touch is your friend. Had no problems plat'ing it and putting down great times. Would never want to go back to PC.

Parakeetman

When were were VitaGAF, way back when, I think Takao got a ban for wandering into the GTA:SA iOS/Android thread and remarking that it was on pretty much every mobile platform but Vita.

If that's port begging, then starting a thread and having everyone concur that the game needs to be put on PS4? That's port begging 10x over, but without the protective shield of a petition initiative.

If you have issues / know history to support your point do the follwing.

go back and dig it all up

make a report

send said report to moderator who you think would take the issue the most seriously

Xenoflare

I am not going to get way to deep in this since we've seen what happened to the more passionate members, but there is a reason why I chose not to comment in that PS4 SS thread, or anything discussion related to the Vita on the main page outside of game announcements or questions targeted to VitaGAF in general (which is pretty rare anyways)

I'm terrible with words, so I hope that some of the more communicative members here can alert the mods for this, though I am going to keep my expectations realistic.

The PSN thread here and the Persona community thread are the two reasons why I visit GAF, and I hope both communities could thrive strong for the days to come.

bobohoro

He's not the only one, the first game really is better, at least for me as well.

I actually think that opinions are pretty much split 50:50.
That said, DR1 is superior.

And I don't think pointing out the port-begging-inbalance is doing any good. Just let it go. That thread has many more problems than that anyway, people not understanding hunting games, thinking SS has better gameplay than MH and stuff. And there was someone mentioning a Demon Souls-like game on Vita would be great, so tthere is hope!

Maid

Banned
And I don't think pointing out the port-begging-inbalance is doing any good. Just let it go. That thread has many more problems than that anyway, people not understanding hunting games, thinking SS has better gameplay than MH and stuff. And there was someone mentioning a Demon Souls-like game on Vita would be great, so tthere is hope!

Well, there is that Salt and Sanctuary game, isn't it?

Man, so Phantasy Star Online 2 on the Vita also has region locked. After downloading the main game (roughly 3GB), it asked to update a 6GB patch. Can't imagine folk without at least a 16GB memory card could play this game.

Does the Vita memory card can be used for anything else? I think with the current way of Vita supporting from Sony, I doubt they will bother to expand/reduce cost of the memory card, but I feel that 128GB would be nice.

nampad

Does the Vita memory card can be used for anything else? I think with the current way of Vita supporting from Sony, I doubt they will bother to expand/reduce cost of the memory card, but I feel that 128GB would be nice.

They also work with the Playstation TV :p
I don't get the Sony support of the Vita. They don't even bother to do the bare minimum like releasing the 64 GB memory card in the west which shouldn't be difficult and would be quite high margin. I bet they could make good money with a bigger memory card. Don't think the R&D would be substantial.

Parakeetman

I actually think that opinions are pretty much split 50:50.
That said, DR1 is superior.

Don't worry the thread went to shit anyways.

Parakeetman

They also work with the Playstation TV :p
I don't get the Sony support of the Vita. They don't even bother to do the bare minimum like releasing the 64 GB memory card in the west which shouldn't be difficult and would be quite high margin. I bet they could make good money with a bigger memory card. Don't think the R&D would be substantial.

Im pretty sure its not used in anything else.

Considering that this seems to be just for the Vita I doubt Sony will grant the rights for third party card makers due to they wanting to control / profit the most from it. As no one will be getting the Sony ones anymore if another company decides to make cheaper ones if the locks are released, so to speak. Similar to how the memstick duo was locked down for a while before third party makers could manufacturer them. Though the memstick duo was also used in other devices. Where as the card the Vita uses seems to be just for the Vita itself.

Seriously agree about not understanding why Sony has not released the 64 GB card in more regions. Considering how many people constantly are asking for it / need it with all of these titles and how some localized titles now are download only. The fact that Sony still has not moved on this makes me wonder if they ever will or plan on doing so. Since you would have thought when the PSV TV released that they would have announced a 64 GB card for the West too. But since that did not happen, makes me feel like they will just leave you all with only 32 GB cards instead. Still have no idea what they are doing or how to read the situation outside of someone just does not give a shit.

fuck double posted, sorry folks.

Autofokus

Does anyone have a list of visual novels available on the Vita? Not counting Telltale games, I played through VLR and Danganronpa 1 & 2. Anything good I'm missing out?

Top Bottom