• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Pretty sure my copy of DJMAX is lost! Its been 4 weeks since playasia shipped it and it has not arrived yet. Hatsune miku 2nd took two weeks. Anyone has any experience opening dispute with playasia?

tumblr_inline_nf3hlaSqfb1sf6ee8.png

I ordered Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus back in October from videogameplus and still haven't got anything, I gave up.

Tizoc

Every sacred cow must meet the butcher someday.

Edit: Haha. My turn, eh?

You scalawags need to buy: CounterSpy, TxK, Crimsonland. Take that!

Tell ya what, play Brandish then tell us if you want us to cook you medium rare or well done
cuz by then you'll have seent he light and be too badass due to Falcom exposure to be...uh..ya know.
Get Brandish

antibolo

Banned
Pretty sure my copy of DJMAX is lost! Its been 4 weeks since playasia shipped it and it has not arrived yet. Hatsune miku 2nd took two weeks. Anyone has any experience opening dispute with playasia?

That's nothing, I once had a 2 month wait from Play-Asia.

Their free shipping is awful. Sometimes you're lucky and it only takes two weeks, but sometimes it just gets silly.

For me, never again.

antibolo

Banned
Forget Play-Asia exists unless you're willing to pay for Fedex.

Yeah. Which is why I stopped bothering about Play-Asia altogether. Their only options are unreliable untracked free shipping and fucking Fedex (import charges through the nose on delivery, yeah no thanks), with nothing in-between.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Tell ya what, play Brandish then tell us if you want us to cook you medium rare or well done
cuz by then you'll have seent he light and be too badass due to Falcom exposure to be...uh..ya know.
Get Brandish
Yeah, yeah. I'll give it a look but I'm not hopeful. :)

Edit: PSP cover art is alluring. Heh.

Redhood

That's nothing, I once had a 2 month wait from Play-Asia.

Their free shipping is awful. Sometimes you're lucky and it only takes two weeks, but sometimes it just gets silly.

For me, never again.

There was no other option available when I checked out. It was not free. They charged me 5$ for it.

eBAY sellers are more reliable as I have never lost a parcel once and I always find free shipping with tracking to my country. Never again will I buy something from PA.

VLiberty

I was browsing the gamestop site and I was noticing that they have a lot of early PS3 era games going for absurdly low prices new. Sadly, according to store locator, the new copies are all out of stock and the used ones are much more expensive :/

Oh well, there's still Singularity for 5€.Maybe I'll also get Riddick for 10€ and Wet for 5€...

Tapejara

4 Weeks is nothing, trust me. I once waited more than 3 months for something to arrive.

I am patient person, so that's fine. Nothing ever got lost. But now they don't have free shipping anymore, so I might stop ordering from P-A.

They got rid of free shipping? That sucks.

I was browsing the gamestop site and I was noticing that they have a lot of early PS3 era games going for absurdly low prices new. Sadly, according to store locator, the new copies are all out of stock and the used ones are much more expensive :/

Oh well, there's still Singularity for 5€.Maybe I'll also get Riddick for 10€ and Wet for 5€...

Yeah, in Canada you can get Singularity new for $0.49. Of course none of the Gamestops/EB Games actually have new copies.

Also, it's an amazing game and you should totally get it.

So guys, should I play TWAU or TWD S2 now?

I powered through TWD S2 in a day. I couldn't stop playing it. It is not as strong as season one but still good.

Also Resident evil , Grim fandango & Dying light will be mine at the end of January. Hopefully Hotline Miami 2 has a stealth release this month
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
What's the FPS like? Locked 30 FPS?
Seems like it. I have had two instances where it dropped, though: I stepped on a mine that triggered a bunch of others to go off, and again when I ordered a group of 7 or 8 Mudokons to attack a large group of enemies. Neither moment was really bothersome to me, and I'd consider framerate issues to be my biggest technical pet peeve in gaming.

It's native res, as well.

Producer

i think i am going to buy a PSP. My 1000 is already starting to croak, and i never had a 2000 or 3000 and want to try the video out. Is it still possible to find official cables?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
i think i am going to buy a PSP. My 1000 is already starting to croak, and i never had a 2000 or 3000 and want to try the video out. Is it still possible to find official cables?

do it.

I bought a spare one just incase the 2nd dies. have a bunch of the old school hi-cap batteries around here too I think. got em safe and shipped off to where i need it to be in the future.

im actually glad i didnt get a pspgo since I heard the psp cant access the PSN store anymore or something?

Producer

do it.

I bought a spare one just incase the 2nd dies. have a bunch of the old school hi-cap batteries around here too I think. got em safe and shipped off to where i need it to be in the future.

im actually glad i didnt get a pspgo since I heard the psp cant access the PSN store anymore or something?

i regret not picking up those batteries, i can't seem to find them anywhere now. Gonna have to look around local game shops.

Yeah i think it got shut down in EU. Haven't tried to go online on my psp to see if NA psn still works, but yeah that blows for pspgo owners

From what I've read, I'd get a 3000 if you want the UMD slot, or a GO if you don't.
do it.

You can access the download list, just the PSP store itself is offline AFAIK

Anyone here have the silver ps4 headset and use it successfully on pc?

I'm wondering if I need some sort of drivers to get Windows to use the sound properly and also to pick up the Mic as an input?

Shizuka

I don't get why they'd make such a limited run. Unless "limited" in this case is like 20k or so. They've seen what their other titles sold FW on the console and even for old ports like Labyrinth they got ~11k.

It's the first self-published Vita title from Experience, I don't know if they could afford more copies of the game to be printed for launch.

igor

I ordered DJ Max Clazziquai / Black Square duo pack back in the PSP heyday (I feel so old ;__; And I waited over a month thinking its lost (it was shipped to Ireland) - PA was very accommodating and said that if the package wont come in the next two weeks they will either send me a new one or reimburse money if I recall correctly. That was a very long time ago but Play Asia is I think well known for their customer service.

No idea where you live, but check the HP for your region and see what their support hours are, should be listed on the site.

It's Ireland so they are going to be open tomorrow. I don't know what I am going to do if they delete my account altogether - I probably won't come back to sony ever again. Which made me realise how much money I have spent on a service provider who is just... dodgy. I feel like stories like that happen with Sony way too often.

The worst bit is that I am never 100% of my password, and I know I used to have a wrong year in the date of birth because I wasn't 18 at the time... but shit, I must've spent almost 200 euro on digital games at this stage - not much in comparison to others but for me that's a lot ;(

It's the first self-published Vita title from Experience, I don't know if they could afford more copies of the game to be printed for launch.

Ohhhh snap. I didn't realise they were self-publishing!

Well, s'gonna be very interesting to see how it does then. Demon Gaze did crazy well, but I suppose it had Kadokawa behind it.

I hope they manage to get enough copies out to meet demand!

No idea where you live, but check the HP for your region and see what their support hours are, should be listed on the site.

---------------

Update on the Stranger of Sword City initial JP run deal.

More games should do the "small initial run" deal. Full digital seems to throw away the baby with the bath water on some level.

bobohoro

Wooho, my arcade stick training is paying off. At least in terms of execution. Got some characters to mission #10 in challenge mode (BB:CSE by the way) and pulled off some combos that seemed impossible a week ago. The feeling of progression is awesome.

Now I just need to git gud against real human players. Or even against the AI. And not just train combos. But there is something really satisfying and calming about working on a challenge, even doing the same motions for half an hour, and then pull it off.

Posting this here because you are all nice people and I feel I'm too scrubby to look into the fighting community threads. If I find them. :O

Will probably also look into The Swapper over the next couple of days. How long is the game supposed to be?

Producer

Wooho, my arcade stick training is paying off. At least in terms of execution. Got some characters to mission #10 in challenge mode (BB:CSE by the way) and pulled off some combos that seemed impossible a week ago. The feeling of progression is awesome.

Now I just need to git gud against real human players. Or even against the AI. And not just train combos. But there is something really satisfying and calming about working on a challenge, even doing the same motions for half an hour, and then pull it off.

Posting this here because you are all nice people and I feel I'm too scrubby to look into the fighting community threads. If I find them. :O

ha, the transition to stick from pad definately takes a while but imo its completely worth it.

though i haven't played much of CSE since i don't own the game so i can't offer much advice about the game. I'll just say to stick to your basic BnB's while you're still getting used to the stick. Not sure who you main but Ragna is a good choice to practice with, he is very straightforward and his combos aren't execution heavy

bobohoro

ha, the transition to stick from pad definately takes a while but imo its completely worth it.

though i haven't played much of CSE since i don't own the game so i can't offer much advice about the game. I'll just say to stick to your basic BnB's while you're still getting used to the stick. Not sure who you main but Ragna is a good choice to practice with, he is very straightforward and his combos aren't execution heavy

Thanks! I actually made that transition with Calamity Trigger several years ago and was quite decent, at least with Hakumen. But release shenanigans in the EU and all that fluff made me drop fighting games for some time. Recently picked them back up and trying to really improve.

I am quite confident with Ragna already, and Tsubaki to some degree, at least against the AI. Online is a wasteland in CSE by now, of course. Will probably move on to Persona 4 Arena Ultimax when I'm done with Story and all characters in challenge mode (at least as far as my skills take me), then will have a look how well I fare online with that game.

Right now I'm just having fun learning stuff, reading up on articles online and watching YT-matches.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Will probably also look into The Swapper over the next couple of days. How long is the game supposed to be?
The puzzles at the end are pretty challenging. If you spend the time trying to figure them out, can take a few days. Then from what I saw, the ten trophies are all
hidden consoles you need to find in the ship somehow
and that could take some time. No platinum.

The Swapper is damn good, the kind of game I wanted Braid to be. Very impressed so far and wish I grabbed a copy before it hit PS+! I'll likely buy their next game day one as a result.

I'm about 1/3rd of the way through I think going by the trophy guide. You can speed run it in an hour but figuring out the puzzles yourself certainly makes it a really good length game, adventure game style.

Those hidden trophies are insane, definitely recommend using a guide for them but do the puzzles yourself as they aren't stupid so far, just require a bit of planning and trial/error.

Sarcasm

The Swapper is damn good, the kind of game I wanted Braid to be. Very impressed so far and wish I grabbed a copy before it hit PS+! I'll likely buy their next game day one as a result.

I'm about 1/3rd of the way through I think going by the trophy guide. You can speed run it in an hour but figuring out the puzzles yourself certainly makes it a really good length game, adventure game style.

Those hidden trophies are insane, definitely recommend using a guide for them but do the puzzles yourself as they aren't stupid so far, just require a bit of planning and trial/error.

Puzzles are hard for my wife and I have no clue whats going on...she has gotten pretty far though. Wish there was a way to help her but I don't understand the ones she stuck on and I don't want to look them up to spoil it for her.

autoduelist

Tonight I put some time into making the multi user hack that allows you to use a ds4 with a vita for remote play.

After half an hour of fuckinh around I am happy to report back that THIS SHIT IS AMAZING!

Will it generally take 30 minutes of f'in around or do you have a concise step by step that you learned that you can share?

Did you just call Brandish...'Garbage'....
Men were massacred for less my fedora wearing friend...

Can someone sell me on Brandish? I ignored it because I thought it was a VN, then briefly heard it was a DRPG, then learned it was 'action'... so I'm totally on the fence. Would have insta bought turn based.

I don't get why they'd make such a limited run. Unless "limited" in this case is like 20k or so. They've seen what their other titles sold FW on the console and even for old ports like Labyrinth they got ~11k.

There's really no info on how big or small the limited run is, so it's impossible to really make any sort of judgement on it. 5k? 10k? 30k? All would be limited.

Can anyone recommend a couple of good PSP/Vita racing games on PSN?

What are you in the mood for? Arcade racer? Sim? Powerups/weapons?

NFS:MW is great.
Wipeout 2048 is great.
Asphalt is budget but extremely fun (and lots of content) if you can get past it feeling budget.
Sonic.
Motostorm RC is great if you don't mind top down.

There are a lot of others worth a look depending on exactly what you want.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Considering it already came out on the Xbox and PC its a pretty good idea to go low at first to see how it does.

Id say its just they know they have released 2 versions of the game and wanted to see how it does first.

You would have more of a point if there were no 2 other versions of the game and yet at the same time they still were doing this.

Top Bottom