• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Great. The free DLC for Shinovi Versus adds 50 individual DLCs to the download list.
Unfortunately the webstore is buggy and doesn't show any of my recent buys on its download list so I have to do this on the Vita which always jumps back to the end of the list, making it hard to keep track which DLC you have already added.
Sony should really add a 'download all' button that downloads a game with all DLC you have bought.
Yeah if I had known that in advance I probably wouldn't have gotten those packs <<
It's super inconvenient

Great. The free DLC for Shinovi Versus adds 50 individual DLCs to the download list.
Unfortunately the webstore is buggy and doesn't show any of my recent buys on its download list so I have to do this on the Vita which always jumps back to the end of the list, making it hard to keep track which DLC you have already added.
Sony should really add a 'download all' button that downloads a game with all DLC you have bought.

You can just go back to the listing on the PS Store and hit "Download" (it's where buy used to be), it automatically adds all the items in the purchase package to the download queue.

Bittercup

You can just go back to the listing on the PS Store and hit "Download" (it's where buy used to be), it automatically adds all the items in the purchase package to the download queue.
Unfortunately not. The web store treats everything missing from the download list as 'not bought' so I have the shopping cart and price instead of the ability to download. And clicking on the shopping cart gives only an error that I'm not allowed to buy that.

edit: amazing. Logging out and back in on the web store fixed its download list but after adding all 50 DLC to the download queue more than half of them only give a 'could not download' error on the Vita.

Unfortunately not. The web store treats everything missing from the download list as 'not bought' so I have the shopping cart and price instead of the ability to download. And clicking on the shopping cart gives only an error that I'm not allowed to buy that.

I mean on the console.

Maid

Banned
Seeing as the last post in Monster Monpiece threat was almost 6 months ago, I figure this is a best place to ask. In game they said that you can only obtain seals and rings from playing online or adhoc, but look like the game's online community is already dead, is there any other way to obtain those materials?

Also, those rubbing games, man. I have never felt this numbing with my arm playing game. I failed 3 times rubbing Neptune and still can't figure out what's the best way to go with this.
Not fun games: DR2

truthbombs. boom.

I'll cook you.

Seeing as the last post in Monster Monpiece threat was almost 6 months ago, I figure this is a best place to ask. In game they said that you can only obtain seals and rings from playing online or adhoc, but look like the game's online community is already dead, is there any other way to obtain those materials?

Also, those rubbing games, man. I have never felt this numbing with my arm playing game. I failed 3 times rubbing Neptune and still can't figure out what's the best way to go with this.

IIRC that's the only way. Grinding for the plat?

As for the rubbing bit, Neptune has some unusual spots - try the face and the legs, I seem to remember those being hot spots for some reason.

Maid

Banned
IIRC that's the only way. Grinding for the plat?

As for the rubbing bit, Neptune has some unusual spots - try the face and the legs, I seem to remember those being hot spots for some reason.

Thank for the spots. About those materials, they said that some cards will be locked and you need a appropriated key to unlock before you can evolve them, so I just try to find the way to get them right now.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Welp. I just talked myself from buying anything off the Flash Sale. I had Echochrome, The Last Guy, and Lumines Supernova loaded up and ready to go but I couldn't pull the trigger on buying the $20 PSN Credit from Wal-Mart using my giftcard. Like, I have plans for this giftcard. I don't know what they are, but I have them! It's a $65 gift card too, the exact amount for a new game. But, I have GCU, so I'll never just buy a full game with it. It'd have to be something weird like a CE Vita game or Persona Q. Hell, maybe I should just use it for gas so I can get to work on Tuesday. And the rest on food.

The games weren't worth taking away so many possibilities. Also, Echochrome and Lumines are on PS Now and if I want to play them I'll just do it that way. Anyway, off to pre-ordering and playing Dying Light for a couple of weeks before selling it back to make a profit !!

What should I use this gift card on? Essentials, entertainment, random stuff? It's burning a hole in my wallet.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Spend it on The Last Guy!
Damn, Duke3D Vita is a great port. Just had a flawless Dukematch. Too bad not many are playing.
Too late! I'm going to sleep now and by the time I wake up the sale will be over! I'll just play The Last Guy demo again and get my fill. Maybe if I enjoy it I'll buy it then. Besides, I'm done with my PS3. I only turn it on out of necessity these days. And it turns on itself. Also, if I spent it on TLG, it would literally cost my $20 to do so. Then I'd have to buy Grim Fandango or something.

Shinriji

Aqua Kitty DX is PSM to PSN done right: 30 to 60 FPS, better graphics, faster loading, trophies, etc.

Now convert Cytus Lambda (unplayable for me because of the lag) and Musync and I can delete the PSM install package.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any word on the february plus games ?

nampad

The developer of Boot Hill Heroes answered my tweet about a native Vita version of his game.

@nam_pad It's possible sometimes in the future. I'd like it on the Vita too.

Hope we see it soon. Prefer it over a PSM version.

Shizuka

Aqua Kitty DX is PSM to PSN done right: 30 to 60 FPS, better graphics, faster loading, trophies, etc.

Now convert Cytus Lambda (unplayable for me because of the lag) and Musync and I can delete the PSM install package.

I heard the next game from Cytus developer will be a native Vita title.

Yep, Deemo's supposed to be native. Can't wait, since they're adding animated cutscenes and more story. The mobile version's already pretty awesome.

I just read that Deemo on Vita will have a two-handed mode using ad-hoc between two Vitas.

My mind is blown.

Yeah playing the Vita version and it is awesome.

xCqDnTm.jpg

Just started Ironclad Tactics and it is well polished and unique but it isn't what I was expecting. It is not a tactics, advanced wars, or a card game. It is more of a very deep Plants vs. Zombie game. Still early to judge but probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew what it was really like. Screenshots are deceptive. The interface seems designed for PC which wouldn't be bad but the game is in real time.

YS5qnkR.jpg

#killallzombies is right for $3 as a very generic ugly twinstick shooter. There are a few twists that are fun but there isn't much content there. Seems like it promised 2 more modes that probably are not coming ever. They are just there teasing you on the menus.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

autoduelist

alone was enough made me go from d1 to day never because of the magic system that i HATE with all my self, why can't they just use mana? :(

What's the issue with it (can't really tell from that screen)?

Semi-related, personally I wish all buff spells in rpgs could be cast outside of battle for permanent effects and a reduction of total useable mana. Examples of this system would be Dragon Age Origins, or, going old school, many spells in Bard's Tale worked this way. It sort of works this way in M&M except the duration is so short it might as well not be.

In general, though, I don't mind new takes on spell casting systems. I get a huge amount of my enjoyment figuring out new systems, get bored really fast if it's just standard.

Too bad that this screen
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/20150121101714.jpg[IMG]

alone was enough made me go from d1 to day never because of the magic system that i HATE with all my self, why can't they just use mana? :([/QUOTE]

What's wrong with magic systems, I too don't understand why you hate them so much?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's the issue with it (can't really tell from that screen)?

Semi-related, personally I wish all buff spells in rpgs could be cast outside of battle for permanent effects and a reduction of total useable mana. Examples of this system would be Dragon Age Origins, or, going old school, many spells in Bard's Tale worked this way. It sort of works this way in M&M except the duration is so short it might as well not be.

In general, though, I don't mind new takes on spell casting systems. I get a huge amount of my enjoyment figuring out new systems, get bored really fast if it's just standard.
What's wrong with magic systems, I too don't understand why you hate them so much?

Not sure I follow, what are they using instead?

You have a certain amount of uses for each level of spells, in the screen you can see that the character can cast 18 times a level 1 heal spell, 16 times a level 2 heal spell, 13 times a level 3 heal spell and so on.

Let's say that i find useful a level 1 spell so i use it 18 times, i can't use that spell anymore but i still have the 16 uses for a level 2 spell, 13 for a level 3 and so on. Why can't i spend all my magic power on spells that i really want to use? :mad:

I don't know why but it's a frequent system in dungeon crawlers, IIRC it's in Wizardry, Class of Heroes, Elminage Original and others.

SerTapTap

You have a certain amount of uses for each level of spells, in the screen you can see that the character can cast 18 times a level 1 heal spell, 16 times a level 2 heal spell, 13 times a level 3 heal spell and so on.

Let's say that i find useful a level 1 spell so i use it 18 times, i can't use that spell anymore but i still have the 16 uses for a level 2 spell, 13 for a level 3 and so on. Why can't i spend all my magic power on spell that i really want to use? :mad:

Oh, it's D&D style. Eh, it's different but I don't overly mind it. Keeps players from spamming low cost, low risk, high use spells.

Let's say that i find useful a level 1 spell so i use it 18 times, i can't use that spell anymore but i still have the 16 uses for a level 2 spell, 13 for a level 3 and so on. Why can't i spend all my magic power on spells that i really want to use? :mad:

I don't know why but it's a frequent system in dungeon crawlers, IIRC it's in Wizardry, Class of Heroes, Elminage Original and others.

It's your decision I guess, but that's a minor difference that really doesn't affect the game very much. Why does everything have to use MP? Neither system is objectively better or worse, it's just different. It really only matters if the game is balanced around it correctly.

SerTapTap

That can be done with a good spell balance though :(

I'm not sure it's possible to design a spell system where people won't abuse the lowest level healing spell or the weakest attack spell without flat-out removing them. And there's also spells that are good but never worth their cost so you never see them in play, which I think this sort of design is great for.

You also have issues (not necessarily problems, but oddities) like Disgaea where basically only the lowest and highest level of spell are worth using (though in disgaea there's a weird balance where the most efficient spell is somewhere in the middle). It's not necessarily bad, but it's different. I actually didn't mind FF8's Stock system, except actually drawing it in battle (making it a grind). Making magic from items was simple and effective.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
We should be hearing about February's plus games pretty soon, right? Don't they announce them on the last Tuesday or Wednesday of the month?

Top Bottom