• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
It would actually probably be the 5th for me..since I live in Taiwan....

Me too. I live in Singapore. lol .

The update is usually wednesday evening for me, but the actual timing varies.

Taiwan is an awesome place. I went there for my graduation trip.

delSai

This is the first time the Blogpost wasnt up the Week before Plus Release right? Wonder if they have some kind of surprise because of all the Driveclub BS or anything new coming up.

Sarcasm

Me too. I live in Singapore. lol .

The update is usually wednesday evening for me, but the actual timing varies.

Taiwan is an awesome place. I went there for my graduation trip.

Same time zone! This will be my first refresh of PS+. Where did yea go in TW?

This weekend for sure pre-ordering the pink vita from nippon.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Same time zone! This will be my first refresh of PS+. Where did yea go in TW?

This weekend for sure pre-ordering the pink vita from nippon.

Taipei and Hualien, but that was 4 years ago. I loved the taroko gorge and night markets.

Sarcasm

Hualien is my favorite city...the night market is nice, orderly, no scooters and CLEAN! Went to the gorge when I was there..chick died -.-

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
You need to buy PSN cards because your credit card will not work outside the european stores. With an USA or Canada account you get a good discount, but no as big nowadays as it use to be. For example 15 Us dollars game are now converted to 13€ tax included. There is still a little saving if you create an account in a state where there are no taxes. USgaf might help you better, but I created my old US account in California.

Yeah I know that thanks still but what I want to know is if there is another country which is even more of a deal than the us and where if I buy a game it'll be in english

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
There are quite capable and cheap 8" Windows 8.1 tablets out now and with newer and better chips, I don't see a technical problem for a 5" x86 handheld. I don't expect awesome power but it will be good enough and probably will be better than what we will be getting in the dedicated handheld space.

The $190 8" Winbook TW801 plays Crysis and CoD: MW3.

Then there is stuff like the AMD Envelope concept and I don't even know what Intel has up their sleeves. Just downclock these new APUs if they are still too power hungry but I guess they shouldn't be if they are aimed for tablets/mobile markets.
And if there is still a problem, go the Nvidia Shield way and make the thing a little bit bulkier.

I guess the financial side is way more troublesome for such a project. There were some community handhelds though and Chinese manufacturers really picked up the slack with Android handhelds, so I hope something like that will happen. With Steam OS, there wouldn't be so much to worry about the OS side of things. Even Windows with Steam BPM would be enough.
I don't expect this to be driven from Valve or some bigger company.
Good to know, thanks :)

Yeah I know that thanks still but what I want to know is if there is another country which is even more of a deal than the us and where if I buy a game it'll be in english
Euro -> Canadian Dollar change is even better than Euro- > US Dollar, infact i would suggest you to import retail games(that can be played on any region account) from
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/

But IIRC (ask to Takao) the Canadian PSN store is not as good as the US store.

Maybe there are more convenient countries but i don't know them.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

Euro -> Canadian Dollar change is even better than Euro- > US Dollar, infact i would suggest you to import retail games(that can be played on any region account) from

thank you very much fellow gaffer

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
This is the first time the Blogpost wasnt up the Week before Plus Release right? Wonder if they have some kind of surprise because of all the Driveclub BS or anything new coming up.
I don't expect it to happen this week but I fully expect the Driveclub PS Plus Edition to actually be the full game now as an apology.

antibolo

Banned

The Canadian store is only missing like 2 games total compared to the US: Black Rock Shooter on PSP (licensing issues apparently), and Magical Beat on Vita (because typical Arc System Works bullshit).

Some recent AAA games have gouged up prices due to weak currency but only a handful of them. Our currency has gotten so weak right now (thanks, Harper) that they're probably still cheaper than the US.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
No way, that would just piss off those who bought the game
Oh yeah. Well they could always give existing owners extra compensation like all possible DLC for free or something. But yeah now that I think about it they wouldn't want to further piss off people that already bought a broken game. They have to have something big as an aplogy prepared though. It's gonna be a too little too late situation when the Plus version eventually drops.

RK128

It is really strange. I wonder what is the holdup. I mean, we already know what the games are.

I think it is all due to DriveClub PS+ Edition; they either want the game to be the 'extra' game of the month or are putting another 'PS+' Edition of a Sony game. I think.....Killzone Shadow Fall would be a good candidate (considering they could give the complete online mode for 'free' then charge for the single player; being....I guess 20-30 bucks :)).

They DID do something like this for both Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 (the former from its PS+ release and the latter via free-to-play MP demo).

To buy Guacamelee again or not?? life is full of tough decisions.

If it means anything, the PS4 version does have extra content to play through and new powers to unlock :). It is an amazing game, so if you didn't pay full price for it in the past, it is a great time to get the PS4 version while it is 7 bucks :D.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I think it is all due to DriveClub PS+ Edition; they either want the game to be the 'extra' game of the month or are putting another 'PS+' Edition of a Sony game. I think.....Killzone Shadow Fall would be a good candidate (considering they could give the complete online mode for 'free' then charge for the single player; being....I guess 20-30 bucks :)).

They DID do something like this for both Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 (the former from its PS+ release and the latter via free-to-play MP demo).

If it means anything, the PS4 version does have extra content to play through and new powers to unlock :). It is an amazing game, so if you didn't pay full price for it in the past, it is a great time to get the PS4 version while it is 7 bucks :D.
Killzone mp would be neat. I really likes Killzone Mercenary which is my only KZ game. Such a shame the online in that game doesn't work properly for me anymore. I always get kicked as soon as a match starts for some reason. Says a loss of connectivity or something, but I know for a fact my connection is fine and I have no issues with other online games.

RK128

Killzone mp would be neat. I really likes Killzone Mercenary which is my only KZ game. Such a shame the online in that game doesn't work properly for me anymore. I always get kicked as soon as a match starts for some reason. Says a loss of connectivity or something, but I know for a fact my connection is fine and I have no issues with other online games.

It has been quite a while since I played Killzone Mercenary....but every time I entered a MP match, it worked perfectly :l. Guess the servers got worse or something? Either way that is a shame it doesn't work for you :(; it is a lot of fun.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It has been quite a while since I played Killzone Mercenary....but every time I entered a MP match, it worked perfectly :l. Guess the servers got worse or something? Either way that is a shame it doesn't work for you :(; it is a lot of fun.
It worked perfectly for me for ages too. Then one day there was a patch and all of a sudden I got those issues. Tried a couple months later and still no luck. Been a while since I last tried though.

RK128

It worked perfectly for me for ages too. Then one day there was a patch and all of a sudden I got those issues. Tried a couple months later and still no luck. Been a while since I last tried though.

Maybe the recent PS TV update (adding support for PS TV and check-points in single player) fixed this issue you've been having :). Might try it on my Vita latter on to test this guess (though I don't know what I want to delete; to many games man XD)....

Yasumi

Banned
Just preordered Hearts R. Ugh, the $44.99 Canadian price. It pains me to preorder anything outside of the Amazon/BestBuy/Futureshop E3 event. Can't wait for the game though.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Maybe the recent PS TV update (adding support for PS TV and check-points in single player) fixed this issue you've been having :). Might try it on my Vita latter on to test this guess (though I don't know what I want to delete; to many games man XD)....
Just tried. Had a full game of Warzone without issue! Yay. Top player as well. I expected to suck given how long its been since I've played. This game is so good. Shame it's the last of its kind on a portable.

Valkyria

Banned

I doubt it, but you can create infinite number of accounts in different countries. Just create an account for english speaking countries or places like Hong Kong and see. I use to buy stuff for PS3 from all over the world, now I just stick mainly to my EU account.

SerTapTap

Just tried. Had a full game of Warzone without issue! Yay. Top player as well. I expected to suck given how long its been since I've played. This game is so good. Shame it's the last of its kind on a portable.

I don't usually do online multi, but I really should play a few rounds now that I have PS TV. Was impressive on the Vita when playing the Beta, but I hated X to run or whatever it was.

pariah164

Everyone is excited for PDF2nd and other things and I'm just sitting here waiting for Freedom Wars to finally be delivered.

ecurbj

In for this month of November:

-Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! (Vita)
-Tales of Hearts R (Vita)
-Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (Vita)

I'm so ready!! Woot!

maouvin

There's a "Just for you" tab on the webstore. It shows nothing for me. I'm now sad.

Freedom Wars DLCs are up. I don't think the paid ones are worth it (two weapons/some citizens). But there's a bunch of free stuff too, go grab it!

Benedict

It's up on the blog

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PS4 | PS VITA)
Steamworld Dig (PS4 | PS VITA)
Frozen Synapse Prime (PS3)
Luftrausers (PS3 | PS VITA)
Escape Plan (PS Vita | PS4)
The Hungry Horde (PS Vita)

There's a "Just for you" tab on the webstore. It shows nothing for me. I'm now sad.

Freedom Wars DLCs are up. I don't think the paid ones are worth it (two weapons/some citizens). But there's a bunch of free stuff too, go grab it!

Thanks for the notice, gonna get the free stuff for sure. Still no theme right :(

Benedict

Will Isaac be crossplay/cross-save?

EU blog has mentioned more plus games coming for December and January:

... in December we’re adding Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition and Secret Ponchos to PS4′s IGC line up.
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is the first AAA Blu-ray title to join the Instant Game Collection for PS4, and we think you’re going to love it.
Then in January, we’re adding inFAMOUS First Light and The Swapper for PS4. We will still add DRIVECLUB to the PS Plus line up when it becomes available.

So, to recap:

December

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Secret Ponchos
More TBC

January

inFAMOUS: First Light
The Swapper
More TBC

Shizuka

I'll never buy another Curve game. Every single game of the is PS+ a few months after launch, same for Double Eleven, specially after they've lied before about Lone Survivor never going to PS+.

http://psvitadirect.com/sega-has-no-plans-to-bring-phantasy-star-nova-to-useurope/
SEGA of America has officially announced that there are currently no plans to localize Phantasy Star Nova to North America and Europe. SEGA Addicts has contacted SEGA for any information regarding a western release. Kelle Parker from SEGA of America replied back saying: ‘”There are currently no plans to release Phantasy Star Nova in the western market. Should this change, we will ensure the information is shared as soon as possible.”

Not really sure how much it means since it's no even out in Japan yet

EU blog has mentioned more plus games coming for December and January:

Not interested in Injustice since I'm terrible at fighting games, but First Light is nice.

Top Bottom