• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

gettin' it in

qfN5MyB.png

antibolo

Banned
Pre-emptive warning to new Steamworld Dig players: the game has no cross-save. So if you have both PS4 and Vita, pick your platform wisely.

Takao

Banned
The Canadian PSN Store is fine if you're not interested in PlayStation Mobile. The regular store is pretty much identical to the US one, except with the odd exception like BRS or Magical Beat. PS3/PS4 have gotten a price increase from $60, but Vita games have stayed the same.

gettin' it in

qfN5MyB.png

The insert looks a bit short width wise.

maouvin

Pre-emptive warning to new Steamworld Dig players: the game has no cross-save. So if you have both PS4 and Vita, pick your platform wisely.

I remember one of the devs posting here (or was it on reddit?) that cross-save would be patched in eventually (they didn't think it was such a loved feature, so didn't implement it lol). A pity that it's still not the case.

The insert looks a bit short width wise.

I was gonna snap a pic for that. I open Walking Dead 2 and the first thing I see is "Walking Dead 2 out now", then open Wolf Among Us to find "Wolf Among Us out now" - o rly?

At least Freedom Wars was being promo'd on the other side.

Any reviews/impressions about the Way of the Samurai game for Vita?

Very interested in a massive samurai epic with their kind of replayability.

Issac is up on the webstore, seems to be the only plus game up at the moment.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...irth/cid=UP2103-CUSA00792_00-BINDINGOFISAACP4
Nice! Was looking for this, as I wanted it to bea ready to DL the instant I walked in my door tonight. Ready to go, now!
It's not out yet
Awesome, thanks. I saw the "samurai" dlc packs on the store in my frantic search for The Binding....and I wasn't sure if that was it or not. I need to look it up tho, I can't say I even know the proper name of the game.

Tizoc

Yup Vita ver. of Isaac is free, got it just now =3
WB sale? Meh barely anything that interests me =_=

MQX

Thought I would have some free space(like 10-15GB). But after downloading all the digital Vita, PSP and PS1 games that I've bought(from the sales), I only have ~2,8GB free space :/ (and if I delete some demo's, I would have ~4-4.5GB free space). I guess I've bought too much digital games :/. Maybe I should buy or import physical games instead of buying them digitally.... :/.

And I got my Dragon's Crown today. Going to play this game soon(if I have some free
quality
time ;) ). Hopefully this game plays well(because I've read somewhere on the internet that the Vita version has some lag/frame drops :/. I actually wanted to get the PS3 version. But the Vita version was on sale(for a great price :X)).

http://psvitadirect.com/sega-has-no-plans-to-bring-phantasy-star-nova-to-useurope/

Not really sure how much it means since it's no even out in Japan yet
I guess SEGA still doesn't want to take the risk :/.

And I see that the PSN Thread is also moved to the community board :/. Was wonder where the PSN Thread went ;P(from Gaming Discussion).
Is this the Re;Birth of VitaGAF?

Late response to a post(sorry :/):
I've read in the OT (fitting OT title) that it's getting a 2.0 update for arcades, so it wouldn't surprise me if they in typical ASW fashion made it a new release. And I wonder how GG Xrd will fare in Europe, if they find a competent publisher or if they will just throw it on some European countries' PSN Stores. (what happened to Zen United?)
But yeah in Chronophantasma Vita's situation we can't win.

And I also kinda want to try out the Corpse Party games since they are really fairly priced in Europe. I hoped for a sale this Halloween but nothing. Maybe I should just go for it.
Maybe NISA will release it? ;) They will bring us(Europeans) Arcana Heart 3 Love Max, Under Night In-Birth and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters(can't wait to play Under Night In-Birth :X). I hope Arc System Works will work with NISA again so they can release the newest Blazblue game(Chronophantasma 2.0?) in Europe physically(and not digitally).

And what happened to Zen United/PQube? I guess the Persona 4 Arena debacle was the climax for Arc System Works and broke the "partnership"(a.k.a. Arc System Works EU) with Zen United/PQube? :/.

DL'ing Home & Binding of Isaac. I always wish the free DLC's for stuff like Freedom Wars, Senran, Ragnarok etc were bundled for easy selection & DL'ing.

hmm, I should "own" this Escape Plan DLC bundle but it's coming up available for purchase, so I'm wondering if I missed a DLC way back when, if it's still updating, if there's something extra in here, or if getting that first DLC free as part of a timed offer early on throws the bundle's self-understanding out of whack.

SerTapTap

The web store seems to work if you manually navigate to new PS+ games (I tweeted a link to it but the link still goes to old PS+ selection?) Can't wait for isaac.

Hikami

Benedict

Looks like you have to put both PS4 and Vita versions of Isaac in the cart to get both versions.
Other titles only require you to select 1 format and you get all versions.

Hikami

Were we even told this thread was getting moved to community or did it just get thrown in here one day like the Giant Bomb thread?

Don't think so.
The Steam thread (which also got moved) had a mod post the reason though;
Sorry for the rough wake up, but as you can see we're trying something new. Less general-platform-type year-round (via repeating monthly / when needed or just staying yearly in a thread), all-encompassing threads in Gaming, more actual specific, this is happening right now type gaming threads. Community isn't supposed to be a dead place where threads go to disappear, so maybe this will liven up the Community forums as well.

Flandy

Were we even told this thread was getting moved to community or did it just get thrown in here one day like the Giant Bomb thread?

We just got thrown in here. Mods apparently couldn't find the courtesy to come and tell us why it happened like they did in the Giant Bomb thread.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
That Sega response is pretty much what every company says when people ask about unannounced games. Don't take it as it's set in stone. (it probably is)

autoduelist

Don't think so.
The Steam thread (which also got moved) had a mod post the reason though;

This move is really messing with how I use the site. I bookmark the gaming forum and have it in my toolbar... a quick click, and I see if anything new/interesting is there. Now this thread is no longer there, and I don't want to have to check 2 places (and even subscribing would require checking two places). Yuck.

Tizoc

Thought I would have some free space(like 10-15GB). But after downloading all the digital Vita, PSP and PS1 games that I've bought(from the sales), I only have ~2,8GB free space :/ (and if I delete some demo's, I would have ~4-4.5GB free space). I guess I've bought too much digital games :/. Maybe I should buy or import physical games instead of buying them digitally.... :/.

And I got my Dragon's Crown today. Going to play this game soon(if I have some free
quality
time ;) ). Hopefully this game plays well(because I've read somewhere on the internet that the Vita version has some lag/frame drops :/. I actually wanted to get the PS3 version. But the Vita version was on sale(for a great price :X)).

I guess SEGA still doesn't want to take the risk :/.

And I see that the PSN Thread is also moved to the community board :/. Was wonder where the PSN Thread went ;P(from Gaming Discussion).
Is this the Re;Birth of VitaGAF?

Late response to a post(sorry :/):

Maybe NISA will release it? ;) They will bring us(Europeans) Arcana Heart 3 Love Max, Under Night In-Birth and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters(can't wait to play Under Night In-Birth :X). I hope Arc System Works will work with NISA again so they can release the newest Blazblue game(Chronophantasma 2.0?) in Europe physically(and not digitally).

And what happened to Zen United/PQube? I guess the Persona 4 Arena debacle was the climax for Arc System Works and broke the "partnership"(a.k.a. Arc System Works EU) with Zen United/PQube? :/.
Yup the joys of the 64 GB fade away after find you out what games you can put on the sucker :p

Update is up, PS+ games and all!
I thought Sony would throw us a bone and give the Vita version of Frozen Shnapse too, like they did with Dragon's Crown, but I was proven wrong =/
Not that it would make a lot of difference, I haven't had much time for gaming, and I can see BoI taking a lot of my time.

Phototropic

Neo Member
I thought Sony would throw us a bone and give the Vita version of Frozen Shnapse too, like they did with Dragon's Crown, but I was proven wrong =/
Not that it would make a lot of difference, I haven't had much time for gaming, and I can see BoI taking a lot of my time.
Me too, but as someone said earlier it would be a kick in the teeth to all those who just bought it when it came out.

I'm hoping the blog post is up soon as I want to get The Wolf Among Us but am waiting for the deals just in case.

Store update post is up: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/04/playstation-store-update-367/

Nice prices for the Lego games.
And there it is.

I thought I'd heard the Playstation versions of Minecraft were supposed to be getting the Halloween skin pack this week. Is that not happening?

SerTapTap

That's a very case by case thing. I think only DC and BOI have gotten both versions on PS+ without actual cross-buy, and BOI is probably because it's always been intended to be a day one PS+ thing (how significant was Sony's funding on that BTW?). Not sure why DC was an exception, though it was a very common complaint that it wasn't a cross buy game at launch.

Now that FS:p isn't x buy I hope that a lot of people try it on PS3 and then buy the Vita version when they see how good the game is.

Shame on you all for not supporting the best game on the Vita ;)

Edit: and can someone please give a first impression on the quality of the TWAU port (I will buy it tomorrow, I just want to know what to expect)

Tapejara

How is Home? Is the Vita port good? Is it worth the price?

Haven't played the Vita version, but the game itself is pretty cool. It calls itself survival horror, but I think it leans more into Visual Novel-lite territory. Story seems kind of by the numbers, but I think the developer does some really cool things with the storytelling by the end of the game. If you've got $3 to spare and don't mind a more "artsy" game I'd say go for it. If you want actual survival horror then stay away.

autoduelist

I think I need to join a support group for people with full 64gig cards. I've already deleted lots of stuff I would have preferred not to, but now I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to delete stuff I seriously don't want to delete (like, say, half my FF collection) to make room for new stuff.

Top Bottom