• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Tapejara

The giant developers logo on Freedom Wars' box art is really off putting.

usm7W4c.jpg

---

Buy Home.

I think I need to join a support group for people with full 64gig cards. I've already deleted lots of stuff I would have preferred not to, but now I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to delete stuff I seriously don't want to delete (like, say, half my FF collection) to make room for new stuff.

Get physical FFX & X-2 from Play-Asia to lighten the load by a few GB.

I just tried it for about 2 hours or so. Don't really see what the hype about it was..

It's got an extremely dedicated cult following that sprouted up around let's plays and streams, due to it's replayability and run appeals... kinda like Souls streams were always fun to watch.

So that cult love + Ed McMullen being personable icon engaged with the community + all the freshness with the new engine, new content and multiplatform releasing coupled together for hype.

Hikami

Yeah it was fun for a bit but, unlike other Rogue-likes I've played (Spelunky, Rogue Legacy) this one felt like a chore to restart once I died.

Since the sessions are so long (died about 30~40 minutes in each time) after the 4th time, I just didn't want to play it anymore. Not a huge fan of the theme either.
Doesn't mean its a bad game though, I just didn't really enjoy it.

I too don't understand the hype surrounding Binding of Isaac. Gameplay feels completely inane and repetitive. Honestly played better flash games in similar veins. :\ To each their own, though. I'm happy other enjoy it.

Tapejara

I played Binding of Isaac when it came out on PC, but I wasn't really a fan of it. I'll give it another shot on PS4/Vita, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hurry up and give me VVVVVV, Nicalis!

Any idea if PS4 LEGO Marvel game is any good with that $8 PS+ member price?

I enjoyed to a certain degree the Indiana Jones one on the X360 (a while back when it was a holiday bundle freebie with the black X360 "phat" model), so if it's similar I'm thinking it might be worth picking up at that price.

ZeroAKA

Any idea if PS4 LEGO Marvel game is any good with that $8 PS+ member price?

I enjoyed to a certain degree the Indiana Jones one on the X360 (a while back when it was a holiday bundle freebie with the black X360 "phat" model), so if it's similar I'm thinking it might be worth picking up at that price.
If you're even remotely interested in Marvel or Lego, you should probably buy it. I don't think the PS4 version has ever been cheaper, retail or digital.

Facundo_Lopez

Neo Member
I can't believe what I'm going to say but,

FINALLY THE PS STORE IS WORKING AND ORGANIZED PROPERLY. THANK YOU GOD HIRAI AND MASTER YOSHIDA.

RK128

Got the PS+ games and gotta say, really like what I played from them :).

Started with BoI: Rebirth and it sure is something; the dark visuals and tone, the great music and Zelda-esc layout of the dungeons make it a very fun package so far :D. Cant wait to play more of the game :).

Also put The Hungry Horde on my Vita, but I didn't try it yet; should be quite fun though :).

Lastly, the Tearaway theme finally came to US PSN :D! I know it doesn't really matter, but it is so nice to have its amazing music play whenever I go through my games :'). The pictures in the background are great looking too :); MM did a great job making the theme :).

Takao

Banned
I can see Tales of Innocence R being built off of the DS assets:

sO3iRpd.jpg

pKxiL5V.jpg

Neither of the Vita games are made by Tales Studio. They were done by 7th Chord.

At this point I'm so cynical about Tales of Hearts R that I fully expect quite a few posters in this thread to buy either optimistically or to support JRPGs on the system and then bitch about how bad it is for a few weeks. Absolutely no hope.
I would love to be wrong.

Don't you mean Kor? ( ・´ー・`)

lol.

Yasumi

Banned
It's a remake.

Vita:
AAm1YL2.jpg

DS:
FGGTD6D.jpg

It honestly doesn't look that bad, like a lower res Xillia. The battle system's supposed to be pretty good, with a focus on air combos, verticality, and Shing's teleporting. Really looking forward to it.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
It honestly doesn't look that bad, like a lower res Xillia. The battle system's supposed to be pretty good, with a focus on air combos, verticality, and Shing's teleporting. Really looking forward to it.
Don't you mean Kor? ( ・´ー・`)

Seeing the screens makes me feel a little bit good for selling my preorder receipt of Tales.

Hopefully the finances would be pretty green by December so I can hop towards PDf 2nd.

SerTapTap

If you were holding off on trying Steamworld Dig because of Vita memory card space, it's an extremely storage friendly 81MB installed

autoduelist

So how does BoI run on vita?

So far, fantastic.

I too don't understand the hype surrounding Binding of Isaac. Gameplay feels completely inane and repetitive. Honestly played better flash games in similar veins. :\ To each their own, though. I'm happy other enjoy it.

I only started playing it today (been waiting for the vita version forever, never got around to it on steam), but it's anything but repetitive to my mind. My various playthroughs (wins) have all been extremely variant -- I've found completely different powerups (there are supposedly hundreds?) that have completely changed my style of play not only from game to game but even during a single game.

For example, in one game I had super quick splash damage bullets, and in the last game I won I had bullets that started out massively powerful but weakened severely with distance.

Plus the maps are always different, the bosses are different, and more. Repetitive really doesn't apply for me. I mean, sure, it's always going to be a dual stick shooter, but I wouldn't expect otherwise.

It's a really, really solid game. Love it. But I'm born and raised on games like robotron and smash tv, so this is right up my alley. it's just "big tears, big blood" instead of "big money! big prizes!"

Will never ever leave my vita, that's for sure. I look forward to 100%ing it.

Sarcasm

Yes Isaac is great.

So, excuse me, I thought of your sub went out you can't even play you ps+ games. But I read (forgot where think it was actually the psn store) that it only means you can't download and install.

So if I say leave it on my system I will still be able to play it?

Top Bottom