• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

It blows my mind that there are people who don't use the subscribe feature. Seriously, being in Community changes nothing if you just subscribe to the thread.

Why would I subscribe? I just keep this open in a tab like any other constantly updating source I frequent.

Multitasking computers ftw, my list of open tabs is insane.

-

Ou, TOTP!

Buy Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus' Let's Get Physical edition before they're all gone!
Buy Freedom Wars!
Save your pennies for ToHR! (Just got my copy, muahahahah!)

They suckered me into buying it instead of going digital like I originally planned on doing.

Then their plan is working.

5gAhDyq.gif

Oh wow, wouldn't have even noticed since I just come here through my subscriptions.

I didn't even know what was going on. I was like, uhh I got here pretty easily, what was the problem LOL. And yeah like it was said before I am pretty sure that most of the people that post here are subbed anyway.

nampad

I don't mean to call y'all out for bad memories, but... y'all got terrible memories, at least based on 5 minutes of research.

Strider -- released Feb, on PS+ in July. That's 4 months+. Also note there isn't a ton of ps4 games, so quicker turnaround is understandable.

Sports Friends -- May 6th, ps+ Sept 2. That's almost exactly 4 months.

Hohokum -- never been on plus at all.

Stealth Inc. released in July 2013. It was on ps+ April 8th, 2014. That's a huge time gap. Definitely far more than 2 months, not less.

From what I can tell, Jet Set Radio HD released for PS3 in Sept, 2012, not Nov.
It wasn't on PS+ till July 2013. That's a long time.

Jet Set Radio Vita was released Nov 20th, and put on ps+ on Nov 20th, so was a Day 1.

MORAL OF THE STORY -- sometimes it feels like you just bought the game, but really, you didn't. The smallest gap of any example so far was 4 months, which seems a fair amount of time to me, and that was during the ps4 launch window while there weren't many games that could be on ps+ in the first place.

Sources --
PS+ release date: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)
Actual release date -- googling, usually then going to blog + wiki pages for verification.

I don't mean to call you out but you have pretty bad reading comprehension.
I stated that I am in the EU region and in that region Jet Set Radio wasn't a day 1 PS+ game. I am speaking of the Vita version because we are in the Vita thread, whatever it may called.
Also, Stealth Inc. was on PS+ in August 2013 for the Vita in the EU.

Moral of the story:
Either learn reading or recognize that there are more countries than Murica before trying to school people or you will sound like a douchebag. Feel free to clap after reading this post.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

I remember Jet Set Radio HD (November release, January PS+) pretty well because it was PS+ in the US on day 1 but not in the EU. SNIP

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even know what was going on. I was like, uhh I got here pretty easily, what was the problem LOL. And yeah like it was said before I am pretty sure that most of the people that post here are subbed anyway.
The way it is now though more current members will probably disappear than new ones joining in compared to the other way around while it was in Gaming Discussion

So why is this thread in community while the nintendo downloads monthly is still in gaming?

I should have voted in last month's game of the month. Senran Kagura, I am the reason you did not tie...

Two weeks from tales of hearts R, and Its a JRPG that's on vita, definitely a no brainer.

autoduelist

I don't mean to call you out but you have pretty bad reading comprehension.
I stated that I am in the EU region and in that region Jet Set Radio wasn't a day 1 PS+ game. I am speaking of the Vita version because we are in the Vita thread, whatever it may called.
Also, Stealth Inc. was on PS+ in August 2013 for the Vita in the EU.

Moral of the story:
Either learn reading or recognize that there are more countries than Murica before trying to school people or you will sound like a douchebag. Feel free to clap after reading this post.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

First off, no need for anger or calling me a "douchebag". And "Murica"? Seriously? If you didn't notice I was responding to like 3 different people in that post, some of who were saying games that weren't even on ps+ were on ps+ soon after release. I was also doing the actual legwork looking up dates for those games, crossreferencing multiple sources. Sorry if I didn't realize you lived in EU, but despite your claim, you didn't exactly make it clear you lived in EU (your exact words were: "I remember Jet Set Radio HD (November release, January PS+) pretty well because it was PS+ in the US on day 1 but not in the EU." which is ambiguous at best.

You did, however, find one example of a game that was put on EU ps+ soon after release. Your original claim was that "a lot" went on ps+ within 1 or 2 months. If you can provide some more examples w/o anger, I'd be happy to see them.

There is absolutely no need for name calling and regional insulting. I wasn't insulting you, I was pointing out that several people had compressed time periods. I was attempting a jovial tone ("y'all", etc) because so many people had clearly misremembered timing. You found one that is legit. Great for you! Still not "a lot" though. And certainly not cause for calling people douchebag 'Muricans. I didn't kick your dog.

So why is this thread in community while the nintendo downloads monthly is still in gaming?

I should have voted in last month's game of the month. Senran Kagura, I am the reason you did not tie...

Two weeks from tales of hearts R, and Its a JRPG that's on vita, definitely a no brainer.

Yeah that's weird, the November Steam thread is in Gaming as well...

nampad

First off, no need for anger or calling me a "douchebag". And "Murica"? Seriously? If you didn't notice I was responding to like 3 different people in that post, some of who were saying games that weren't even on ps+ were on ps+ soon after release. I was also doing the actual legwork looking up dates for those games, crossreferencing multiple sources. Sorry if I didn't realize you lived in EU, but despite your claim, you didn't exactly make it clear you lived in EU (your exact words were: "I remember Jet Set Radio HD (November release, January PS+) pretty well because it was PS+ in the US on day 1 but not in the EU." which is ambiguous at best.

You did, however, find one example of a game that was put on EU ps+ soon after release. Your claim is that "a lot" went on ps+ within 1 or 2 months. If you can provide some more examples w/o anger, I'd be happy to see them.

There is absolutely no need for name calling and regional insulting. I wasn't insulting you, I was pointing out that several people had compressed time periods. I was attempting a jovial tone ("y'all", etc) because so many people had clearly misremembered timing. You found one that is legit. Great for you! Still not "a lot" though. And certainly not cause for calling people douchebag 'Muricans..

Well, you sat on a pretty high horse when you tried to school us. I just adapted to your tone. While you may not have written any insults, it was easy to read between the lines.

And it should have been quite obvious that I am from the EU. Why would I list Jet Set Radio when I already stated it was a day 1 PS+ for the US? The dates that were included in my posts should have also been a hint.

And btw, I gave you 2 examples. Again, you aren't reading correctly.
Yeah, maybe it is not a lot but I gave you examples for something you thought didn't happen. You tried to show us how to research the issue anyway, so feel free to look up the rest yourself.

autoduelist

Well, you sat on a pretty high horse when you tried to school us. I just adapted to your tone. While you may not have written any insults, it was easy to read between the lines.

Not that easy, obviously. I was writing in a jovial tone. "y'all got bad memories" is not insulting you, it's just goofy.

You, however, called me a douchebag.

If you can't tell the difference, then I don't know what to say.

EDIT - double checking date.

nampad

Not that easy, obviously. I was writing in a jovial tone. "y'all got bad memories" is not insulting you, it's just goofy.

You, however, called me a douchebag.

I said you sound like one, it's just a goofy and jovial tone. Same as Murica.

Your second example was Stealth, correct? There was over 5 months between release in the EU and being on PS+.
March 19th to August 28th. So I'm not sure how that helps your narrative.

Using the research skills you taught me, I was able to confirm that the release date was the 23 July 2013:
Take your photo and send it to us by the 23rd of July, and we’ll announce a lucky winner on the European release day – 24th July.
http://curve-studios.com/win-a-ps-vita-and-stealth-inc/

Stealth inc. launching on PS3 and PS Vita July 23
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/9/4506502/stealth-inc-launching-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-july-23

It really did only take 5 minutes *shocked*

Hellers

Happy Don't Die Mr Robot day guys. Thanks to the last minute EU delay you American fellas are getting it first. I shall be spending the day sat in IRC with one of the devs as he nervously awaits his fate. I'm trying to talk him into giving away a few free codes here. Is he allowed to do that? Does anyone know how (There's a modbot isn't there?)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/21/arcade-dodge-em-dont-die-mr-robot-hits-ps-vita-month/

You will die

As arcade score attack games go it's excellent. I must admit that whenever I saw screenshots or videos of it during development I was worried. It always looked a bit pants. Turns out it just doesn't screenshot or video well. On the Vita screen it looks lovely. Really, really good music too.

Happy Don't Die Mr Robot day guys. Thanks to the last minute EU delay you American fellas are getting it first. I shall be spending the day sat in IRC with one of the devs as he nervously awaits his fate. I'm trying to talk him into giving away a few free codes here. Is he allowed to do that? Does anyone know how (There's a modbot isn't there?)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/21/arcade-dodge-em-dont-die-mr-robot-hits-ps-vita-month/

You will die

As arcade score attack games go it's excellent. I must admit that whenever I saw screenshots or videos of it during development I was worried. It always looked a bit pants. Turns out it just doesn't screenshot or video well. On the Vita screen it looks lovely. Really, really good music too.

I'm sure it's a great game but tomorrow is Binding of Isaac: Rebirth day.

mstevens

Freedom Wars is making me fall in love with the Vita all over again. Forgot how nice this thing is... My PS4 and Nintendo systems have been keeping me away for the past few months. I wish there were more hours in the day.

mstevens

About to pull the trigger on The Walking Dead Season 1. It's $25 for PS4 and $8 for Vita.... This may be a stupid question, but is there a single reason to get it on PS4 over Vita? If not, $8 is a crazy awesome price.

incpdo

About to pull the trigger on The Walking Dead Season 1. It's $25 for PS4 and $8 for Vita.... This may be a stupid question, but is there a single reason to get it on PS4 over Vita? If not, $8 is a crazy awesome price.

get it on Vita , is a game with technical problems even on PC (which is the better version). i have it on VIta and enjoy it aside from some glitches it has.

PS+ (11/05)

PS4
・『Dust: An Elysian Tail』
・『Pix the Cat』(※11/12~12/2)

Vita
・『orgarhythm』
・『Pix the Cat』

PS3
・『GUILTY GEAR XX Λ CORE PLUS』
・『ASO II -Last Guardian-』
・『Earth Defense Force4』
・『The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd:Kai HD EDITION』

PSP
・『ASO II -Last Guardian-』
____

PS+ Encore

7 PS3 titles and 7 Vita titles that have been in PS+ in the past are back on PS+. Too lazy to list.

Well, except Time Travelers.

Ciel nosurge should also get a mention, but you'd have to buy the rest of the chapters. Just pay up and get Offline.

Region intentionally left out.

incpdo

So Retro City Rampage Dx is coming to Vita , and we are lucky because is coming as a free update to the original game on november 11th!! im happy for this ,

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Thought they didn't want us becoming an insular community. It'll only get insular-er from here.

Secretly?
Their ultimate goal is to eliminate all positive Vita threads. Their first attempt to do so by changing the Vita thread to a PSN thread was only so successful. It managed to make the thread less popular but didn't eliminate VitaGAF the way they hoped. Now they're going one step further by making sure anyone that browses Gaming wont accidentally click on a positive Vita thread.

You will die

There's definitely a modbot here, and here's how to use it.

VLiberty

Stealth Inc. released in July 2013. It was on ps+ April 8th, 2014. That's a huge time gap. Definitely far more than 2 months, not less.

From what I can tell, Jet Set Radio HD released for PS3 in Sept, 2012, not Nov.
It wasn't on PS+ till July 2013. That's a long time.

Jet Set Radio Vita was released Nov 20th, and put on ps+ on Nov 20th, so was a Day 1.

We're talking about europe. JSR was on PS+ in January 2013, two months after release.
Stealth inc was on PS+ in late August, less than two months after release

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Now we are in the community side? Meh.
Why don't they at least stick a thread about the changes?

Well i guess that from now on we will post threads for every (positive i hope)news for Vita right? ;)

incpdo

So it is confirmed then , Gaf hates the Vita so much they do unfair changes in order to put us down, We have a lot of traffic on the PSN thread thanks to Vitagaff , i think they cannot "afford" that.

Absolut

Neo Member
Just saw a trailer for BlazeRush, never heard of this game before!

Looks like a lot of fun I must say, a throwback to Rock'n Roll Racing that I used to play a lot on the SNES.

Anyone try the game or have any further info?

Hellers

Follow the money guys. Who benefits from the suppression of VitaGAF? This goes all the way to the top.

Microsoft are obviously secretly in charge of Neogaf

Shizuka

Has anyone asked a mod for an explanation yet?

I want to see an explanation as to why Vita can't have a community thread, why it was merged with the PSN topic and why the PSN topic, despite being monthly, has been moved to the community. Can I just PM any mod about this? How do I do it?

incpdo

I want to see an explanation as to why Vita can't have a community thread, why it was merged with the PSN topic and why the PSN topic, despite being monthly, has been moved to the community. Can I just PM any mod about this? How do I do it?

I feel as a VitaGaffer completely discriminated at this point , idk why they do this but Vitagaff is strong enough to be always on page one , seems someone doesnt want that attention towards Vita.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Follow the money guys. Who benefits from the suppression of VitaGAF? This goes all the way to the top.

Microsoft are obviously secretly in charge of Neogaf

Just for fun, if we really want to go the conspiracy route then i would bet on Nintendo or Apple, even with the name changed this thread is mostly Vitagaf, MS has nothing to worry from Vita, in fact MS did nothing against Minecraft on Vita, on the other hand many 3ds and IOS fans despised Vita since the announcement because they saw Vita as a serious menace, think of Soul Sacrifice for example, it was seen as the monster Hunter killer and the title that could have resurrected the Vita and gaming journalists did their worst to kill it.

Maybe paying for good scores is not the only way to push a game or console after all.

wilflare

I think you can PM any mod and see what they say

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just for fun, if we really want to go the conspiracy route then i would bet on Nintendo or Apple, even with the name changed this thread is mostly Vitagaf, MS has nothing to worry from Vita, in fact MS did nothing against Minecraft on Vita, on the other hand many 3ds and IOS fans despised Vita since the announcement because they saw Vita as a serious menace...
I firmly believe that the biggest reason for Vita failing was because of the crap load of unwarranted negativity the system recieved before it came out. When a system gets that much hate it spreads. 3DS fans really wanted Vita to fail. A lot of people did and the amount of negativity those people generated led to a negative perception with tbe public that it had little chance of recovering from. Vita had one of the best launch lineups ever and had amazing hardware andwas well priced but because of the unwarranted negativity the system recieved it still had a perception with the public that it was a bad system with no games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The front page of gaming is full of threads moved in community, upcoming Vita games thread included(i guess it was inevitable).

Top Bottom