• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Shizuka

PC Racing Sims
Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread
STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries
Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]
Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K
PC Engine/TG Appreciation and Collecting Thread, Because who needs a 2nd controller?
Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality
Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream
Sony's Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact will be the first smartphones with PS4 Remote Play
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator dreams are made of, son
Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread: Dancing To The Tune Of Maxwell (Read OP!)
Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!
Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Last five pages, these were the topics moved to Community.

Has anyone played Tiny Troopers or Poltergeist? Really interested in purchasing one/both of these if there are some good impressions/reviews.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Has anyone played Tiny Troopers or Poltergeist? Really interested in purchasing one/both of these if there are some good impressions/reviews.

Is Poltergeist out this week? That game looks pretty good. Won't be getting it for a while though as I've got enough Vita games right now especially with this weeks PS Plus games.

Probably wrong thread to ask but what the hell if someone knows the answer. On the weekly deal (EU) is Metro Redux for 26,95€ and both the games it contains separately at 13,25€ (thus getting both separately would total to 26,50€). Does the bundle actually contain something extra or is this just a fuckup? I could use dem cents to make the wallet even euros.

Also getting Ys Vita. 20€ too good to pass up, who knows when it will be discounted again.

I don't play shitty indie games. Let me know when Knack is free.

Funny thing that happened to me today. I was actually looking at a local ''big'' Gamestop for how much used Knack would cost. I swear it's the only PS4 game that isn't on sale anywhere over here used or new. My only hope is for PS+ giveaway or a big discount since I can't make the jump for 40€ that it costs in the PS store. I just wanna try that game! :(

nampad

I firmly believe that the biggest reason for Vita failing was because of the crap load of unwarranted negativity the system recieved before it came out. When a system gets that much hate it spreads. 3DS fans really wanted Vita to fail. A lot of people did and the amount of negativity those people generated led to a negative perception with tbe public that it had little chance of recovering from. Vita had one of the best launch lineups ever and had amazing hardware andwas well priced but because of the unwarranted negativity the system recieved it still had a perception with the public that it was a bad system with no games.

I partly agree with this. There are a lot of other reasons why the Vita failed (Sony's software support dropping, no big 3rd party title, core handheld in a mobile market) but the perception is a big part of the failure.

I remember how my tech tabloid reading brother told me I am an idiot for preordering the Vita because it failed. That was two weeks after the Japan release way before the EU one and just because the second week numbers dropped big.
My brother knows practically nothing of gaming.

The hate you could read from all the posts in forums and the media were horrible, considering the Vita delivered on its premise at launch and had a superb launch lineup.

But yeah, everybody is easy on Nintendo's handheld and why would someone review a 3DS game like a console game? With the Vita, it always happens.
I hate that the future of dedicated handhelds seems to be in the hands of Nintendo. I hope some weird fan project comes around for a x86 Steam handheld, which should be possible soon.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I partly agree with this. There are a lot of other reasons why the Vita failed (Sony's software support dropping, no big 3rd party title, core handheld in a mobile market) but the perception is a big part of the failure.

I remember how my tech tabloid reading brother told me I am an idiot for preordering the Vita because it failed. That was two weeks after the Japan release way before the EU one and just because the second week numbers dropped big.
My brother knows practically nothing of gaming.

The hate you could read from all the posts in forums and the media were horrible, considering the Vita delivered on its premise at launch and had a superb launch lineup.

But yeah, everybody is easy on Nintendo's handheld and why would someone review a 3DS game like a console game? With the Vita, it always happens.
I hate that the future of dedicated handhelds seems to be in the hands of Nintendo. I hope some weird fan project comes around for a x86 Steam handheld, which should be possible soon.
A proper Steam handheld would be godly if done right. How feasible is it really though?

maouvin

PC Racing Sims
Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread
STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries
Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]
Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K
PC Engine/TG Appreciation and Collecting Thread, Because who needs a 2nd controller?
Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality
Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream
Sony's Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact will be the first smartphones with PS4 Remote Play
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator dreams are made of, son
Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread: Dancing To The Tune Of Maxwell (Read OP!)
Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!
Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Last five pages, these were the topics moved to Community.

There's still some threads on gaming that should be moved too (like the WiiU games thread), so they're probably working on it and will announce something when all is done and moved.

Gaming will probably home just new OTs and "new news" threads.

edit: Toukiden OT still on the gaming side. What a beast.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A proper Steam handheld would be godly if done right. How feasible is it really though?

I'm already extremely disappointed by the Steambox vaporware, i don't think someone will be able to do a good steam handheld(but i really hope so, i would buy that instead of suffering for the lack of a Vita 2).

Imo the Steambox should have been a console-like pc with fixed hardware and new versions every 2-3 years so games could be optimized for it(think of a new Amiga, C64 or similar), i don't really see the sense of normal pc with a custom Os.

VLiberty

I would buy a Steam handheld system in a heartbeat. I was so disappointed when I found out that the Steambox was fake.

Until then, though, I'll be fine with my Vita. Though I do not expect the indie support to be there past next year. I just hope I'll be able to see Futurlab and Drinkbox next games on it...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm already extremely disappointed by the Steambox vaporware, i don't think someone will be able to do a good steam handheld(but i really hope so, i would buy that instead of suffering for the lack of a Vita 2).

Imo the Steambox should have been a console-like pc with fixed hardware and new versions every 2-3 years so games could be optimized for it(think of a new Amiga, C64 or similar), i don't really see the sense of normal pc with a custom Os.

Agreed. I was actually pretty excited for the Steambox but in the end nothing good really came of it. Really I just wanted what's so great about Steam but with the befefits and convenience of a console. We didn't get that. Such a shame. And yeah we probably never will get a good Steam handheld. It's not even just about getting the specs right. You've got to get that with a good form factor for it to be appealing. It's unlikely we'll ever get that.

nampad

There are quite capable and cheap 8" Windows 8.1 tablets out now and with newer and better chips, I don't see a technical problem for a 5" x86 handheld. I don't expect awesome power but it will be good enough and probably will be better than what we will be getting in the dedicated handheld space.

The $190 8" Winbook TW801 plays Crysis and CoD: MW3.

Then there is stuff like the AMD Envelope concept and I don't even know what Intel has up their sleeves. Just downclock these new APUs if they are still too power hungry but I guess they shouldn't be if they are aimed for tablets/mobile markets.
And if there is still a problem, go the Nvidia Shield way and make the thing a little bit bulkier.

I guess the financial side is way more troublesome for such a project. There were some community handhelds though and Chinese manufacturers really picked up the slack with Android handhelds, so I hope something like that will happen. With Steam OS, there wouldn't be so much to worry about the OS side of things. Even Windows with Steam BPM would be enough.
I don't expect this to be driven from Valve or some bigger company.

ZeroAKA

From the Steam thread:
Sorry for the rough wake up, but as you can see we're trying something new. Less general-platform-type year-round (via repeating monthly / when needed or just staying yearly in a thread), all-encompassing threads in Gaming, more actual specific, this is happening right now type gaming threads. Community isn't supposed to be a dead place where threads go to disappear, so maybe this will liven up the Community forums as well.

Shizuka

Why don't we just turn the upcoming vita games thread to that?

Because it's too cluttered. I love Fady K's work, but the topic could do with a redesign. I've suggested that we use the Vita-2000 topic as the Vita hub for everything Vita, specially since it's still in Gaming and not Community.

image.php

This has been bothering me for a while now but I think something's off with your avatar. I just can't figure out what it is.
``````````````````````````````````````````````
Hope that the thread will still exist after this move. This move will be confusing to new and old posters of the thread. New posters are the lifeline of threads like this and as much as I love you guys, I don't want to keep the info's we discuss here to stay here.

Cha

Oh, I see we’ve been moved (along with others). Guess it’s not so bad. So I assume only new news (and rants) stays in the gaming section now?
The upcoming Vita games thread is always being updated with news, and is a great way for people to keep updated about new vita developments without having to browse too many separate topics. Should have stayed in Gaming in my opinion. Other than that, I’m ok with this move.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Hi fellow gaffers as a junior member I couldn't post a thread myself and I had no idea where to ask.

But I wanted to know on which country is it the best to create an account on psn to save money on the currency ratio but getting games still in english .

I'm french so my english my be bad if you have trouble understanding what I'm trying to say I'll try to rephrase it.

tank you in advance fellow gaffers

SerTapTap

ISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC

It's gon be a good day. After work, anyway

I would buy a Steam handheld system in a heartbeat. I was so disappointed when I found out that the Steambox was fake.

It'd have to be truly massive. The SP3 is some amazing power in a portable factor, but to shrink it down to Vita size wouldn't be practical and the market just isn't there to make it worth including the requisite physical buttons.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I can't finish PT. I started it on the PS4. Said 'nope' after 2 cycles. Thought maybe I can try again on the vita's smaller screen. Still nope.

Flandy

So I get a PS4 and then shortly afterwards we get dumped into the community ghetto.
Coincidence? I think not!

Valkyria

Banned
Hi fellow gaffers as a junior member I couldn't post a thread myself and I had no idea where to ask.

But I wanted to know on which country is it the best to create an account on psn to save money on the currency ratio but getting games still in english .

I'm french so my english my be bad if you have trouble understanding what I'm trying to say I'll try to rephrase it.

tank you in advance fellow gaffers

You need to buy PSN cards because your credit card will not work outside the european stores. With an USA or Canada account you get a good discount, but no as big nowadays as it use to be. For example 15 Us dollars game are now converted to 13€ tax included. There is still a little saving if you create an account in a state where there are no taxes. USgaf might help you better, but I created my old US account in California.

Top Bottom