• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

mrklaw

MrArseFace
help me PSN GAF. I need to spend some money to make space for more money. I need to spend a minimum of £20 so I can redeem my bonus PSN vouchers before they expire. Have a PS4 and Vita.

Was thinking to take a gamble with senran kagura (burst or versus?) but I can't seem to find them on the UK PSN store. Or maybe Akiba's trip?

Any other suggestions are welcome but I actually bought quite a lot recently and there isn't much that I particularly want - next big buy is LBP3

SerTapTap

Is there no thread for Axiom Verge? Don't see any recent/general threads about it. Obviously can't post a thread since I want to share my own video when I do it. But press builds are starting to go out (it's a small section of the game with no embargo on videos), seems newsworthy IMO

help me PSN GAF. I need to spend some money to make space for more money. I need to spend a minimum of £20 so I can redeem my bonus PSN vouchers before they expire. Have a PS4 and Vita.

Was thinking to take a gamble with senran kagura (burst or versus?) but I can't seem to find them on the UK PSN store. Or maybe Akiba's trip?

Any other suggestions are welcome but I actually bought quite a lot recently and there isn't much that I particularly want - next big buy is LBP3

Try searching for Senran Kagura, PS TV doesn't show it in the store but it comes up in the search. Dunno about Vita store. PS TV store...kinda sucks, if that's what you're using. (I'm in the US so I dunno if it's late in europe or anything)

Buy Senran Kagura, it should show up via search as stated :)

anddo0

Is Frozen Synapse Prime on PS3 broken?

it keeps hard freezing my system.

edit:

If you download this game, DO NOT download the patch.

delSai

Is Frozen Synapse Prime on PS3 broken?

it keeps hard freezing my system.

edit:

If you download this game, DO NOT download the patch.

I had the same Problem with Dungeons and Dragons, thought my Ps3 dies. Thanks for the Edit, wont download the Patch.

anddo0

I had the same Problem with Dungeons and Dragons, thought my Ps3 dies. Thanks for the Edit, wont download the Patch.

Found this on reddit:
Edit: Thanks to /u/ScalpingLeopard! He found a fix! Simply DON'T download patch 1.01! After skipping the download I was able to start the game properly. Once you get to the main menu, you're ok to download the patch. I just tried it. Just don't download the patch before running the game once before :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/2lbeo6/frozen_synapse_prime_freezes_ps3/

Shizuka

Just send Wyrdwad (Tom) from XSEED a PM letting him know that the game is not available for purchase on the EU PSN Store. Doing that, it'll probably get fixed in no time.

I'm considering to buy Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, but I'm afraid that the next month is going to be on PS+ lol

What do GAF think, is it safe to buy this because we will continue to get good ol' indies, or is it better to skip?

Hellers

Looks like Sony have managed to get the EU price of Don't Die Mr Robot wrong. I really don't know how they stay in business.

kng3025

Isn't that game shit?

As shitty as it was to a degree, I still enjoyed the game when I bought it for $12 during a previous sale. The combat was alright, and some of the gadgets were cool. The two things I didn't like at all were the crazy amounts of backtracking and the absolutely useless and shitty map. I enjoyed the console Batman games, but didn't expect too much from Blackgate. It's on sale for what $5 bucks? If you're remotely interested, I'd say just buy it( Serpens007)..

Don't Die, Mr. Robot! - Vita

I really like this game despite it's graphics looking like it was pulled from a Leapster game. It is basically pacifist mode in a twin stick shooter. There is no shooting and the only way to destroy enemies is to collect fruit. Really satisfying to trigger huge combos destroying the screen. Takes a little time to get use to the super sensitive controls but once you get it and once things get frantic it can be lots of fun. There is an arcade score chasing mode and an objective based adventure mode. This game should have had better aesthetics because everything about it screams cheap phone game. Wish people would play this game but they probably won't get passed the horrible screenshots and one of the worst names for a game ever.

8/10

gy0QdeH.jpg

Redhood

Deception IV: Blood Ties
Was £34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95, now £14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95
10% additional PS Plus discount

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Full Game
Was £34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95, now £14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95

Uggh these discounts need to come to US PSN!

Carl

Redhood

Plug for a game i really enjoyed at EGX a couple of months ago :p "Minutes" is out on PS4/Vita today in EU! Here's a link https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...utes/cid=EP4477-CUSA00742_00-MINUTESEUCBV4000

It's something a little different, but i think it's really interesting. It's reviewed pretty well (few 7s, 8s, 9s). Here's a blog post http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/04/abstract-action-title-minutes-graces-ps4-ps-vita-week/

Pretty cheap too, £4.95 on PS+!

go away! We take no plugs from non vita bros!

Welcome back! Please stay! OMG looks so good

It's still there but very small.
Also, there is barely any wait between scenes. I was very shocked since I was so used to the small pause in the WD games.

That sounds great, what doesn't sound great at all though is that the game doesn't seem to release this week in EU :|

Edit: How big is escape plan (i have already downloaded a 800mb file and now it's downloading another file that is 1400mb)?

Plug for a game i really enjoyed at EGX a couple of months ago :p "Minutes" is out on PS4/Vita today in EU! Here's a link https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...utes/cid=EP4477-CUSA00742_00-MINUTESEUCBV4000

It's something a little different, but i think it's really interesting. It's reviewed pretty well (few 7s, 8s, 9s). Here's a blog post http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/04/abstract-action-title-minutes-graces-ps4-ps-vita-week/

Definite buy if it comes to NA.

go away! We take no plugs from non vita bros!

It is on Vita. Is "vita bros" really code for non-Anime bros?

autoduelist

Luftrausers is really, really fun. Score attack games is perfect on vita.

Too bad it runs like shit with the 30FPS, frameskip like hell. Devolver Digital should improve their vita coders since Hotline Miami also runs worse than it should for a simple game.

Luftrausers plays perfect on vita. That 'frameskip' is intentional -- it only happens if you're being hit and it slows the game down, allowing you to react. It's especially helpful late game (or in the hidden mode) when the screen is full of enemies/bullets.

A lot of people had that initial reaction back at release, thinking it was a performance issue, stick with it (since you're loving it) and you'll realize why it's there. You'll also notice the game runs perfectly fine with a ton more enemies/bullets on screen than what you're likely seeing if you just started playing... it only does that stutter effect during hit detection.

SerTapTap

Too bad it runs like shit with the 30FPS, frameskip like hell. Devolver Digital should improve their vita coders since Hotline Miami also runs worse than it should for a simple game.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the hitstop, but yes it is pretty jarring in a non-fighting game.

I like Luftrausers but IMO it's far too random for a score-based game. I feel I deserve every death in Binding of Isaac, slightly less so in Spelunky, but Luftrausers just feels like random bullshit killed me quite often, or even worse, dropped my chain.

Hey Carl, do you know what game also reviewed very well on Vita? Persona 4:Golden. You should get that

Definite buy if it comes to NA.

It is on Vita. Is "vita bros" really code for non-Anime bros?

He/she is joking. Carl was a big part of VitaGAF a couple of months ago. :)

Edit: TWAU EU Vita release update!

spikewestphal 5 November, 2014 @ 3:02 pm

We’re is the vita version of the wolf among us

Jawad Ashraf 5 November, 2014 @ 4:08 pm 4.1

Due in the coming weeks.

ZeroAKA

No thanks, I don't pay attention to plugs from non-Vita/PSNGAF members.

antibolo

Banned

What the hell are you talking about, it runs great, and the framerate is a non-issue.

Top Bottom