• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

killatopak

Gold Member
Just a reminder for you guys 'buying' the free games this month.

You'll want to 'buy' both versions(PS4 and Vita) of Binding of Isaac since they're separate items unlike other cross buy games.

It happened with me. It may be an error or something but just check to be safe.

TOTP: Buy PDf 2nd.

Really enjoying Child of Light so far, love the script. It looks gorgeous as well
WDmkPLw.jpg

tzzwyU8.jpg

HFngXft.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Isaac is finally up, yeayyyyy

.... NP-2245-3 error code

PSN is ASS

Edit: works now, I love PSN

Just a reminder for you guys 'buying' the free games this month.

You'll want to 'buy' both versions(PS4 and Vita) of Binding of Isaac since they're separate items unlike other cross buy games.

It happened with me. It may be an error or something but just check to be safe.

Thank you!

PS+ day is always such a hectic day, glad that it's over.

Last year's port of the first Amazing Spiderman game was the last thing Activision published on the machine.

Nobody wants the worst CoD game, $40 Angry Birds games, or a hideous port of a pretty old, licensed ip open world game... they must not want anything.

Big publisher logic.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow 3 solbrain games in a single update!
Solbrain are those PSM games made with Unity assets, one of them had Miku and then was removed lol.
Now we are at 6 games lol.
Too bad that no one tries to do something serious with PSM and Unity, because many Solbrain screens look more than decent.

SerTapTap

Wow 3 solbrain games in a single update!
Solbrain are those PSM games made with Unity assets, one of them had Miku and then was removed lol.
Now we are at 6 games lol.
Too bad that no one tries to do something serious with PSM and Unity, because many Solbrain screens look more than decent.

Not sure what the point of PSM is anymore, it won't be supported on mobile anymore, it's in a "ghetto" section of the store a la XBLIG, and Sony seems to make indie dev quite easy for proper Vita games anyway.

antibolo

Banned
Not sure what the point of PSM is anymore, it won't be supported on mobile anymore, it's in a "ghetto" section of the store a la XBLIG, and Sony seems to make indie dev quite easy for proper Vita games anyway.

You've answered your own question, it's literally the XBLIG of the Vita now. It's not the same thing as making a "native" game at all.

That Angry Birds thing was offensively incompetent/greedy

Yes, it was.
Still, I bought Angry Birds Star Wars -_- but only because it was a physical release, and I could collect it.

That said, you think I wouldn't buy a new TMNT game by Wayforward at retail for full price? In a heartbeat. It doesn't even have to be Turtles In Time or bust.. it just has to be TMNT and passable.

SerTapTap

You've answered your own question, it's literally the XBLIG of the Vita now. There's a whole different process to making a "native" game, and making one for those non-curated environments.

XBLIG was useful for
A) shovelware
B) avoiding Xbox's incredibly strict publishing guidelines

Self publishing isn't completely effortless on PS, but it's a far sight better than old Xbox policies, it seems unlikely to me that the extra reduction in friction for PSM releases is worth the reduction in sales. I really wonder how much those games even make, seems like it must be Ouya levels of revenue.

I don't think I've bought a PSM game in 2 years. I already got the handful of games I considered good, and haven't even been checking that section for a very long time.

daydream

Banned
Seems like I was right in suspecting that BoI will have two separate versions for PS4 and Vita (so no cross-buy).

Also, Isaac has the usual PS+ expiration date, maybe indicating that the other games are intentionally free beyond your subscription.

Cha

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=925783

^From the gaming section. EU PSN ONLY.
Mediatonic's minis are going free as a halloween bundle.
Monster's (Probably) Stole My Princess, Who's That Flying?! and 1000 Tiny Claws.
Downloading it right now. No idea if it's good or not. But free is free :)
Posting this here, cos I don't think many people would have seen it in the gaming section.

antibolo

Banned
XBLIG was useful for
A) shovelware

Self publishing isn't completely effortless on PS, but it's a far sight better than old Xbox policies, it seems unlikely to me that the extra reduction in friction for PSM releases is worth the reduction in sales. I really wonder how much those games even make, seems like it must be Ouya levels of revenue.

No, the whole point of XBLIG (and PSM) is that it is a non-curated platform where you don't need a devkit, and there is very little certification and quality process, so that anyone with a $100/year subscription can push anything they create to it.

Self-publishing a "proper" game is a completely different process, and merely making better policies does not make XBLIG or PSM redundant. PSM is not rendered obsolete by Sony being friendly to indies.

No offense but you are probably not a software developer, so you're seeing those things only from a end user point of view, hence why you think they're redundant.

MQX

could be worse
7HpC1EF.jpg
:/
Is this some kind of promotional stuff for a DW/SW game? :/

Danganronpa 2 for less than half the MSRP already? I don't think that's too good.
Me neither :/.
Does this mean DR2 has sold less than DR1? o.o

A 2 month old Vita game is already on sale? Persona 4 Golden was on sale after 1 year :S. What kind of sorcery is this? o.o

Entered. Thanks for the giveaway :).

Also. VitaGAF/PSNGAF. It's happening
PS3 and Vita version of Higurashi When They Cry :X
Western release. VitaGAF/PSNGAF Believe!!!

Tizoc

Monster's (Probably) Stole My Princess, Who's That Flying?! and 1000 Tiny Claws.
Posting this here, cos I don't think many people would have seen it in the gaming section.

EU only? Lame, I want those games on my OLED...

Me neither :/.
Does this mean DR2 has sold less than DR1? o.o

A 2 month old Vita game is already on sale? Persona 4 Golden was on sale after 1 year :S. What kind of sorcery is this? o.o
]

I can't remember why I have this impression, but I feel very confident when I say DR2 sold less than DR1.

SerTapTap

No, the whole point of XBLIG (and PSM) is that it is a non-curated platform where you don't need a devkit, and there is very little certification and quality process, so that anyone with a $100/year subscription can push anything they create to it.

Self-publishing a "proper" game is a completely different process, and merely making better policies does not make XBLIG or PSM redundant. PSM is not rendered obsolete by Sony being friendly to indies.

No offense but you are probably not a software developer, so you're seeing those things only from a end user point of view, hence why you think they're redundant.

I am a programmer actually (but not games, can't really do asset creation), and I get the appeal of zero curation, but at some point as dev becomes increasingly easy and no-curation sales are increasingly poor, the non-curated route starts to make very little sense (for dev and for sony). There's plenty of one man or very small teams having good success throwing stuff on Vita native (and even PS4). Certainly enough to make me less interested in pursuing an unadvertised, hidden store that's exclusive to Sony's worst selling system ever (unless I already had an Android game--makes sense for quick ports I'll admit, not sure how much they earn though considering lots of people seem pretty meh on porting to actual android to begin with).

If PSM were on more platforms it'd make more sense, but with mobile being cut off it's relevance seems really questionable. IMO Sony should focus on a better path from PSM -> Native. Personally the most offputting thing is having to get a devkit, and I know they were handing out PS4 ones like candy, but probably to people who had already shipped something. Whoever can actually pull off that retail -> devkit functionality, even if it's got limited debug features, will win a lot of hearts.

daydream

Banned
Man Luftrausers is great! Any tips for a noob like me?

Luftrausers is a masterclass in game design. Just experiment with different setups, try and go for the objectives (every part has its own set of objectives) to unlock stuff and have fun. Practice makes perfect!

RalchAC

Has this thread been moved to community? I guess that's the reason I couldn't find it for a while.

A few days ago I posted I didn't know if I should get Freedom Wars or Kingdom Hearts.

In the end I haven't bought neither. I wanted a One Piece game. And I wanted a Musou game. Saw the Essentials edition from the original OP game so I got it.

Going to have to stop playing the story at Thriller Bark though. I've been watching it lately and that's the story arc I'm currently watching.

Read the reviews in Metacritic and all those descriptions that followed the 50-70 scores sounded awesome even if they didn't intend to. Sometimes you just want to button mash at things after a hard day at class.

Question for you guys that have used the PC content manager more than I:
Is it possible for me to move my MHFU save from my vita, play the game on emulator on my PC, and then move the new save file back? without using an exploit, preferably.

Luftrausers is a masterclass in game design. Just experiment with different setups, try and go for the objectives (every part has its own set of objectives) to unlock stuff and have fun. Practice makes perfect!

100% agreed. The game is absolutely brilliant from a design perspective. Very, very satisfying when you finally get a tough challenge, too. the extreme mode (whatever it's called) is ridiculous.

Benedict

Several countries in EU have not this offer. Might be only UK and AUS sadly.
Not working in Sweden

bobohoro

Has this thread been moved to community? I guess that's the reason I couldn't find it for a while.

A few days ago I posted I didn't know if I should get Freedom Wars or Kingdom Hearts.

In the end I haven't bought neither. I wanted a One Piece game. And I wanted a Musou game. Saw the Essentials edition from the original OP game so I got it.

Going to have to stop playing the story at Thriller Bark though. I've been watching it lately and that's the story arc I'm currently watching.

Read the reviews in Metacritic and all those descriptions that followed the 50-70 scores sounded awesome even if they didn't intend to. Sometimes you just want to button mash at things after a hard day at class.

If you really enjoy it get Pirate Warriors 2. Vastly superior game and my personal favourite OP and Musou videogame. Although you should probably get further along the original story, since the game does spoil some characters and hints at a few plottwists.

Is it just me or is the Binding of Isaac a little trippy? I'm enjoying it, but it is a little twisted. And by little, I actually mean a lot.

Takao

Banned
XBLIG was useful for
A) shovelware

You're making very little money on PSM, but unless you're an Ouya headliner (Towerfall, etc.) I doubt you're earning less.

PSM is pretty much for hobbyists and first timers now.

:/
Is this some kind of promotional stuff for a DW/SW game? :/

When Bandai Namco released Tales of Hearts on DS, they did it with an experiment. They released one version of the game with anime portraits and another with the realistic CG renders. That experiment told them no one wanted a realistic looking Tales.

Nobody wants the worst CoD game, $40 Angry Birds games, or a hideous port of a pretty old, licensed ip open world game... they must not want anything.

Big publisher logic.

Activision's Vita support is just strange. They disappear and never followup on their most successful game on the platform, but are rumoured to return with Geometry Wars 3 and some Sponge Bob game?

The weirdest thing about ASM Vita is that it came out after ASM2 was announced for everything but Vita. Was that just a cancelled port they decided to release at the last second or something?

inthemyst

Neo Member
Wow. The EU PSN sale is really nice. If we get that sale in NA, I'd pick up at least 3 or 4 more games to add to the backlog.

Crossing fingers we get something similar around the holidays like Black Friday/Cyber Monday or even a Thanksgiving sale.

Got a high five from the chick at Gamestop for being the only other person to pre-order Tales of Hearts R. I don't think I've high fived anyone since the 80's and there was no way to avoid it.

Activision's Vita support is just strange. They disappear and never followup on their most successful game on the platform, but are rumoured to return with Geometry Wars 3 and some Sponge Bob game?

I forgot about Geometry Wars 3. I'll definitely buy that.

Hopefully Sponge Bob doesn't get a retail release so that I don't have to buy it.

That EU sale is awesome, wish it was over here for NA. Also, does anyone know when we get the credit for the $100 PSN promotion?

nampad

Played the first 2 chapters of Unfinished Swan and I like it so far. Looks good on the Vita, I am surprised an 3D indie title got such a good port from Sony.
It's a good addition to the library, the Vita needs first person games and a first person puzzler is nice.

Wish we could have Portal like on Shield. With an level editor and sharing function that could have been great.

Milly79

So, I purchased Wolf Among Us on Vita yesterday, not knowing it came out on the ps4 as well. I contacted Sony and they refunded my money. Now, I never deleted Wolf from my Vita and it still works, yet it's not in my download list. Did I basically just get a free game? I'm almost positive it wasn't cross buy.

So, I purchased Wolf Among Us on Vita yesterday, not knowing it came out on the ps4 as well. I contacted Sony and they refunded my money. Now, I never deleted Wolf from my Vita and it still works, yet it's not in my download list. Did I basically just get a free game? I'm almost positive it wasn't cross buy.

Sweet. Gonna ask Sony for a refund on every digital Vita game I own, brb.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Here's where it is. I was really confused wondering why y'all were slipping so hard falling off the front page. Turns out, it's a community thread now.
Usually when I want to find the thread I just Control + F "Vita". Heh.

Top Bottom