• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

So, Sony sent me a voucher for free Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare due to the glitch from the Halloween sale.

Thing is, I had already refunded/rebought the game. So I have no use for it. Does anyone know if it's transferable?

deadfolk

So, Sony sent me a voucher for free Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare due to the glitch from the Halloween sale.

Thing is, I had already refunded/rebought the game. So I have no use for it. Does anyone know if it's transferable?

Don't see why it wouldn't be.

deadfolk

Damn another game to buy :(

My thoughts exactly. It's going to have to wait for now, though. There's some pretty good stuff on today's sale which is already forcing me to make tough decisions.

I have to choose between:
Life/Hometown
Despair
Prinny

Vita has no games

My thoughts exactly. It's going to have to wait for now, though. There's some pretty good stuff on today's sale which is already forcing me to make tough decisions.

Life/Hometown
Despair
Prinny

Vita has no games

If you don't go for despair, we're no longer friends

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Life/Hometown
Despair
Prinny

Vita has no games

I'll buy it now because i really want to support it, i hope many other awesome games like DN3D(not necessarily fps) will be ported to Vita, after Borderlands 2 a DN3D selling well would be another good signal to western developers.

Benedict

Is Disgaea 4 really 3.3 gb big?
It says that on the store, and I am interested in buying that, but with that size I am having very heavy second thoughts.

Shinriji

Luftrausers plays perfect on vita. That 'frameskip' is intentional -- it only happens if you're being hit and it slows the game down, allowing you to react. It's especially helpful late game (or in the hidden mode) when the screen is full of enemies/bullets.

A lot of people had that initial reaction back at release, thinking it was a performance issue, stick with it (since you're loving it) and you'll realize why it's there. You'll also notice the game runs perfectly fine with a ton more enemies/bullets on screen than what you're likely seeing if you just started playing... it only does that stutter effect during hit detection.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the hitstop, but yes it is pretty jarring in a non-fighting game.

I like Luftrausers but IMO it's far too random for a score-based game. I feel I deserve every death in Binding of Isaac, slightly less so in Spelunky, but Luftrausers just feels like random bullshit killed me quite often, or even worse, dropped my chain.

What the hell are you talking about, it runs great, and the framerate is a non-issue.

This is not about the hitstun, but a weird frameskip that happens frequently. It happens even on the menu as well. Of course, isn't game-breaker, but I expected more for a very simple game.

SerTapTap

Is Disgaea 4 really 3.3 gb big?
It says that on the store, and I am interested in buying that, but with that size I am having very heavy second thoughts.

I wouldn't be surprised, should be fully voice acted, possibly dual VO, I think the PS3 version was. If you get into the post game it is a looooooot of game. I think I have >500 hours in Disgaea 3. (can't personally confirm the size--I have it on PS3, but the store doesn't usually lie about size)

Life/Hometown
Despair
Prinny

Vita has no games

Buy everything

nampad

How long was Duke online? I tried to look for it the whole time, must have been a really short window of opportunity.

deadfolk

I wouldn't be surprised, should be fully voice acted, possibly dual VO, I think the PS3 version was. If you get into the post game it is a looooooot of game. I think I have >500 hours in Disgaea 3. (can't personally confirm the size--I have it on PS3, but the store doesn't usually lie about size)

Buy everything

I sooooo can't. I've already gone way over budget this month. I'm even pushing my luck sneaking one of these in. I've only just finished chapter 1 of DR, so I might hold off on DR2 for now (Sorry Flightmare). I wouldn't be playing it for a good while anyway.

Disgaea 4 is a ridiculous discount, though. It would be criminal to pass that up. I might try for that and the Dekamori base pack.

If we include PS+ games, I now have over 100 Vita games :O
I prefer my despair in a nice dual pack.
I sooooo can't. I've already gone way over budget this month. I'm even pushing my luck sneaking one of these in. I've only just finished chapter 1 of DR, so I might hold off on DR2 for now (Sorry Flightmare). I wouldn't be playing it for a good while anyway.

Disgaea 4 is a ridiculous discount, though. It would be criminal to pass that up. I might try for that and the Dekamori base pack.
:(
So this is why I haven't been seeing the thread.

Community huh. Can't say I'm not surprised.
You don't use subscription?

SerTapTap

IF you can only buy one, IMO get D4. Crazy replay value, quality all around. Other games are good but won't last you as long, especially if it gets it's hooks in you. Disgaea is great portable too for a little grinding here and there.

Only complaint from me in D4 is the Land of Carnage unlock. Real pain in the ass. But most people won't get that far anyway. Unless they fixed that, I have no idea what the Vita version added/changed. Their portable ports are usually pretty good at adding some value.

killatopak

Gold Member
If we include PS+ games, I now have over 100 Vita games :O

:(

You don't use subscription?

I use them. This is just the first time I visited in a few days because I thought the discussion died down when it wasn't appearing on the first few pages of gaming.

autoduelist

This is not about the hitstun, but a weird frameskip that happens frequently. It happens even on the menu as well. Of course, isn't game-breaker, but I expected more for a very simple game.

In that case, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Hmmm. Frameskip on the menu?

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the hitstop, but yes it is pretty jarring in a non-fighting game.

I like Luftrausers but IMO it's far too random for a score-based game. I feel I deserve every death in Binding of Isaac, slightly less so in Spelunky, but Luftrausers just feels like random bullshit killed me quite often, or even worse, dropped my chain.

This never really bothered me. I don't know what my ranking is now, but I used to put a ton of time into it and was generally ranked 1-3 world (scared to look now, I'm sure it's been trounced in the past year). Once you've got past the early game (and there are no more spawns till you kill something) you can really control the flow of the game well. I rarely felt like a death was 'cheap'... except maybe those laser planes. Of course, going for multipliers will raise risk factor for obvious reasons. Even blimps, which take out many people, are pretty easy to attack if you approach them right and control the direction they fire at you.

The only thing that's truly bothered me is the glitched laser plane trophy. That just hurts my head (I'm assuming it wasn't fixed yet?).

I'm loving BoI right now; entering a room and immediately getting hit is rare, but happens. Doesn't bother me there either, it's part of the game.

I have some travel time today... still not sure whether BoI or Freedom Wars will win out. Or maybe a PSP/PS1 rpg, if I could get some recommendations as to which to play.

deadfolk

IF you can only buy one, IMO get D4. Crazy replay value, quality all around. Other games are good but won't last you as long, especially if it gets it's hooks in you. Disgaea is great portable too for a little grinding here and there.

Only complaint from me in D4 is the Land of Carnage unlock. Real pain in the ass. But most people won't get that far anyway. Unless they fixed that, I have no idea what the Vita version added/changed. Their portable ports are usually pretty good at adding some value.

Yeah - I think I'm leaning that way.

The loading times in The Hungry Horde are pretty bad, especially for what is supposed to be a pick up and play score attack game.

It's got a sticker pack collecting thing like Garden Warfare too so that's alright.

Turnstyle

So, Duke Nukem has finally arrived. Shame there's no PS+ discount really, it would have pushed me over the edge. Weirdly, when I checked earlier, both the Vita and PS3 versions were on the store...now I can only see the PS3 version?

Also, hurry up Isaac.

antibolo

Banned

I've put many hours into that game since I bought it at launch, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hikami

Judging by your name, I doubt you'd get Akiba first.

Type-0 HD maybe for dem XV demo?

Gonna try Isaac. Hopefully, it clicks with me.

Not out til March, I think I'll have a PS4 by February.
I already played Type-0 on PSP though so not sure if I want to spend $60 for a FFXV demo..
probably will though

Top Bottom