• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Shizuka

First time ever since it was released that there is a copy for sale of Shinovi Versus where I live and... It's U$105. With my current financial situation? No, thank you.

Takao

Banned
Ended up going with Nippon Yasan because the EMS shipping prices were so much cheaper than SuperUFO:

czgBsnQ.png

no cdn currency option #rip

Takao

Banned
Crash Bandicoot and Spyro were $1 the weekend before the PSN glitch that allowed them to finally be played on Vita.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
entire Vita section at every store and gametsop in US

Vita section at store in japan
It really is like a completely different console over there

Wow that Black Heart game is pricy there. Is Vita base price 6000 yen? I'd have expected 4000
NA has the cheapest retail games in the world. Some niche genres like VNs or fan service games have MSRPs of 7000 yen even. Just like everywhere else though everything is cheaper on Amazon lol, can get Black Heart for 5000.

I think paying up for Fed Ex on the pre-ordered 64GB card is why I got mine without any problems or customs limbo like some other US VitaGAF peeps did at the same time.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I think paying up for Fed Ex on the pre-ordered 64GB card is why I got mine without any problems or customs limbo like some other US VitaGAF peeps did at the same time.
Yep, FedEx is a courier and has clearance to bypass US customs since they have their own system for the paperwork/processing so they get you your package in like 48 hours flat. They charge a higher fee for that but sometimes it comes out almost the same/cheaper than EMS anyways.

antibolo

Banned
That Ferry shipping option at Nippon Yassan is the funniest thing ever.

Yep, FedEx is a courier and has clearance to bypass US customs since they have their own system for the paperwork/processing so they get you your package in like 48 hours flat. They charge a higher fee for that but sometimes it comes out almost the same/cheaper than EMS anyways.

Haha it's definitely never cheaper here in Canada, brokerage charges through the fucking roof if you ever dare use a private courier.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
youboughta64gbcard.gif

Throwing some friend requests to people I recognize because my friend list is a wasteland and why not. Accept or
don't

Wow, the Vita user search function is terrible. Why can't the exact name I typed be at the top, not 3000 entries down?

Doombear

Grabbed my Vita as I ran out the door today to continue where I left off in Binding of Isaac on PS4... only to get an "Unknown Error" when trying to sync. Guess it is happening to plenty of people and that sucks. =(

I had quite a few things unlocked just from a day of playing it and don't really want to start all the way over. That Azazel fun calls to me.

Hope it gets sorted soon, guessing it will require a patch? Unclear what exactly is causing it.

SerTapTap

Grabbed my Vita as I ran out the door today to continue where I left off in Binding of Isaac on PS4... only to get an "Unknown Error" when trying to sync. Guess it is happening to plenty of people and that sucks. =(

I had quite a few things unlocked just from a day of playing it and don't really want to start all the way over. That Azazel fun calls to me.

Hope it gets sorted soon, guessing it will require a patch? Unclear what exactly is causing it.

Official word is "you broke the server" and they're working on it

Takao

Banned
Haha it's definitely never cheaper here in Canada, brokerage charges through the fucking roof if you ever dare use a private courier.

guess where i'm at

Last time I ordered from NY they marked the package as a gift and put the value lower. I asked them to do the same this. But that was through Japan Post ...

bobohoro

Plus game impressions:

Steamworld Dig: Just made it to the Old World. Not really feeling the game to be honest. I'm glad that there doesn't seem to be a big focus on fighting, but the exploration and power-ups don't really feel all that great either. But well, just the beginning, might push on another hour or so and see how it goes.

Binding Of Isaac: Never was much of a twinstick shooter fan, but the bizarre atmosphere and feeling of old Zelda games got me interested. Probably won't be spending hundreds of hours like some other folks, since it's just not my genre, but will definitely give it a couple of runs.

Don't really care for the other three and Frozen Synapse sadly is not on Vita. :/

Also slowly working on excellent on Hard Project Diva f, have around half of them. Together with the perfection item it makes for some fun challenge and great point farming.

ecurbj

Is there a English physical copy of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (Vita) out there in the wild to be bought or is it just digital?

Is Escape Plan just a pretty standard point and click? It's just reminding me that I didn't finish Machinarium.

You could consider it point and click if you really wanted to, but nah... closer to Murasaki Baby. It's like a platformer with no platforming, where you're guiding two hopeless lemmings with somewhat awkward front/back touch stuff, a kinda cool visual style, a scant story and some humor. It gets a lot of stuff wrong, and is a little too liberal with loading screens between short challenge rooms, but it really isn't bad.

Stuff like Tearaway and Murasaki came along and did what it probably wanted to as far showing off Vita features. You'll probably drop your Vita a few times trying to do stuff.

I might go back to it now that holding and using a Vita is second nature to me.

Home: A Unique Horror Adventure - PS4 & Vita

This game is not scary but more boring. It gets kinda interesting at the end but it isn't really worth the journey. You can't die. No real puzzles other than look for the key and the correct path. I don't want to give away the plot as it is the only thing this game has but it is mystery that is left ambiguous to interpretation. There are lots of clues to find and there are what seems to be different endings but all of them aren't very interesting. At $3 for a couple of hours, most of it being in boredom, it probably is not worth your money. The most "unique" thing about this game is that some how a phone game got on Playstation 4.

5/10

Played on a Playstation TV

1dPzTRQ.jpg

SerTapTap

You could consider it point and click if you really wanted to, but nah... closer to Murasaki Baby. It's like a platformer with no platforming, where you're guiding two hopeless lemmings with somewhat awkward front/back touch stuff, a kinda cool visual style, a scant story and some humor. It gets a lot of stuff wrong, and is a little too liberal with loading screens between short challenge rooms, but it really isn't bad.

Stuff like Tearaway and Murasaki came along and did what it probably wanted to as far showing off Vita features. You'll probably drop your Vita a few times trying to do stuff.

I might go back to it now that holding and using a Vita is second nature to me.

Oh, hm. I just played the demo ages ago and it seemed fairly point and clicky. Loved Murasaki Baby but that's less encouraging. I think I'll backlog it. Need to check out this Axiom Verge preview...

Is Escape Plan just a pretty standard point and click? It's just reminding me that I didn't finish Machinarium.

Played the Vita version. You don't have direct control in it. You have to touch where you want the character to go and do. So even when you figure out what you need to do you are retrying in frustration to get the physics to work right. I hated Escape Plan. I know it is free but it takes up a lot of space on the Vita so it may not be even worth the try. Machinarium is a much better game.

SerTapTap

Speaking of Machinarium, man it'd be sweet if Botanicula came to Vita. I like it a lot more than Machinarium actually, beautiful world, one of my fav of Amanita Design's and that's already high praise. They recently brought it to mobile I think so more ports may happen yet.

Does the Vita still have the 100 bubble limit? I can feel myself reaching it if next year is as good as 2014.

Was upped to 500 a while ago

Yeah, Escape Plan is also a huge filesize for a digital-only title. I think it started at just over 1GB when it released, but patches to prep for DLC (even if you don't actually get the DLC) blew it up to 2311 MB. I saw a mock up cover for the game once. A retail version of it somewhere in the world would've been nice.

I don't hate on it, but not many people liked it.

Is it still 10 pages though?

Still 10 pages. You have to utilize bubble folders.

Yeah, Escape Plan is also a huge filesize for a digital-only title. I think it started at just over 1GB when it released, but patches to prep for DLC (even if you don't actually get the DLC) blew it up to 2311 MB. I saw a mock up cover for the game once. A retail version of it somewhere in the world would've been nice.

Wow. Yeah I should have mentioned it is a puzzle platformer and not an adventure game.

IGN always to seem to have this game on it's top Vita games list and I don't get it. I liked Chronovolt better than Escape Plan.

Shizuka

Yes, Escape Plan is huge because it includes all the DLC, when you buy those from the store, you just get them unlocked.

IGN always to seem to have this game on it's top Vita games list and I don't get it.

Me either. I could see it at the tail end of a list, or in a top 10 during the very first year, but IGN's top 25's for Vita have both been really shit in general. It's all hype and stubbornness.

Me either. I could see it at the tail end of a list, or in a top 10 during the very first year, but IGN's top 25's for Vita have both been really shit in general. It's all hype and stubbornness.

Yeah its probably Colin Moriarty. He keeps referencing Escape Plan on Podcast Beyond as a good game. Somebody should make him replay this shit game so he doesn't have to like it anymore because of just wanting something to like in the launch lineup.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
All right, I'll keep that in mind. Sorry. Sucks that you can't copy and paste as far as I know. Just wanted something general and quick.

resending requests with more info fwiw

Shizuka

All right, I'll keep that in mind. Sorry. Sucks that you can't copy and paste as far as I know.

I just use "Shizuka from GAF" when I need to. No need for an essay, just identifying who you are and where you're from and you're golden. I'll accept your request now that I know who you are.

All right, I'll keep that in mind. Sorry. Sucks that you can't copy and paste as far as I know. Just wanted something general and quick.

When you're typing messages it starts to remember what words you use, so the more you send the messages, the faster it becomes :p though... tbh it doesn't help if you're only sending out a handful.

**talking about vita. Not sure about other methods of adding people.

Top Bottom