• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

nampad

Just finished Murasaki Baby, what a pretentious piece of shit.
I should have known better, I already hated Escape Plan but naive as I am I thought Ovosonico maybe figured out to make good touch controls. I mean, Sony has to had a reason to push this game, right?

Overlooking the fact that I hated the character design from the get go, I bought it and besides the stupid top mouths, the artstyle is interesting. The presentation is quite annoying though and as I mentioned, it feels pretentious. Some parts are yawningly slow.

The actual gameplay is way too simple, there weren't any smart puzzles and overall the controls harmed the game. You are blocking your view all the time and sometimes your touch inputs won't register correctly. Some maneuvers also needed some serious finger acrobatics, which was the only difficulty in this puzzle game.
The checkpoint system furthers the rage of the control fuck up deaths because you have to redo too much in my opinion.

To conclude, this game was just not fun. If Sony wanted to get another innovative control based game in their portfolio, they should have asked a better developer like Simogo, who actually do awesome stuff.
The only redeeming factor is, that this game is better than Escape Plan, which isn't really difficult though.

5/10

Home: A Unique Horror Adventure - PS4 & Vita

This game is not scary but more boring. It gets kinda interesting at the end but it isn't really worth the journey. You can't die. No real puzzles other than look for the key and the correct path. I don't want to give away the plot as it is the only thing this game has but it is mystery that is left ambiguous to interpretation. There are lots of clues to find and there are what seems to be different endings but all of them aren't very interesting. At $3 for a couple of hours, most of it being in boredom, it probably is not worth your money. The most "unique" thing about this game is that some how a phone game got on Playstation 4.

5/10

Played on a Playstation TV

1dPzTRQ.jpg
Wish I saw this before I bought it the other day.
Didn't even touch it though.

Tapejara

Home: A Unique Horror Adventure - PS4 & Vita

This game is not scary but more boring. It gets kinda interesting at the end but it isn't really worth the journey. You can't die. No real puzzles other than look for the key and the correct path. I don't want to give away the plot as it is the only thing this game has but it is mystery that is left ambiguous to interpretation. There are lots of clues to find and there are what seems to be different endings but all of them aren't very interesting. At $3 for a couple of hours, most of it being in boredom, it probably is not worth your money. The most "unique" thing about this game is that some how a phone game got on Playstation 4.

5/10

Played on a Playstation TV

I really liked what the developer did with the story, but I agree that once I found out you can't die it really took the horror aspect away. As I said earlier in this thread, it shouldn't have been called a s̶u̶r̶v̶i̶v̶a̶l̶ horror game; light visual novel is probably more apt.

Edit: My mistake I thought the game has "Survival Horror" in the title. In any case, billing it as a horror game still isn't quite accurate and I feel the developer should have chosen a better description.

I posted on this page that I'd add some of you, feel free to decline though.

I believe you added me on PSN as well. I accepted, but send me a message if you can just to let me know which of the FRs I accepted today belonged to you.

--

Whenever someone from GAF sends me a friend request, I just assume it's somebody from this thread lol.

I think everyone here has it's own characteristic that makes them unique and that's awesome. Maybe that's why I spend most of my GAF time and posts on here. Also because Vita GAF is best GAF.

I think everyone here has it's own characteristic that makes them unique and that's awesome. Maybe that's why I spend most of my GAF time and posts on here. Also because Vita GAF is best GAF.

The draw of GAF for me (outside of the opinions/reviews/news) is that people tend to be very open to people. Kind of ironic given gaf's reputation, but that's been my experience throughout. Ends up meaning that there are a lot of different people with different opinions, which in turn results in what you're tlaking about. Pretty great.

Direct feed gameplay of that Muppets game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgFP2en5G30

If it had voice acting, I'd maybe buy this game at <$10. Based on that video, I won't bother

Looks like it plays like one of the Mickey Mouse games from back in the day... but more straight forward. Gonna be pretty meh. Makes me want to play the Muppet level pack on LittleBigPlanet 2 instead, but I'll buy it if it gets a physical release somewhere, 'cause it's Muppets and Vita.

The draw of GAF for me (outside of the opinions/reviews/news) is that people tend to be very open to people. Kind of ironic given gaf's reputation, but that's been my experience throughout. Ends up meaning that there are a lot of different people with different opinions, which in turn results in what you're tlaking about. Pretty great.

I feel like that really depends from topic to topic, demographic to demographic. I personally find everyone in this specific thread to be a welcoming bunch to both newcomers, and regulars, we are all laid back and from what I see, the discussions never take a turn for the worse. Met a good bunch of good people here, there isn't a single day in which I don't check what's happening around these parts :p

I feel like that really depends from topic to topic, demographic to demographic. I personally find everyone in this specific thread to be a welcoming bunch to both newcomers, and regulars, we are all laid back and from what I see, the discussions never take a turn for the worse. Met a good bunch of good people here, there isn't a single day in which I don't check what's happening around these parts :p

It certainly depends. But after half a year of lurking I got pretty good at detecting which topics would be icky :p

**I'm on the goldfish quest in MHFU. This quest is such utter shit.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
**I'm on the goldfish quest in MHFU. This quest is such utter shit.
I think there has only been one or two instances where a goldenfish quest was required for progress in the MH series. Just skip it and do the key quests you need to unlock the next level of quests, they are basically pointless.

SerTapTap

I wish we could nickname people on PSN. I'll neverf know who any of these people are, and I'm no better with "barakku" as my PSN. Stupid 8 years ago me.Considered just making my "real name" into "Sir TapTap" but that;s not really ideal and not everyone wants to share their real name (and if they're not using their GAF/etc handle as "real name" I might not recognize them anyway)

I wish we could nickname people on PSN. I'll neverf know who any of these people are, and I'm no better with "barakku" as my PSN. Stupid 8 years ago me.Considered just making my "real name" into "Sir TapTap" but that;s not really ideal and not everyone wants to share their real name (and if they're not using their GAF/etc handle as "real name" I might not recognize them anyway)

Thank the mighty console gods that my user name is unspecific and timeless.

Chopper

So I just found out Unfinished Swan released for PS4 and Vita thanks to a quick browse of the Store on my Vita. Downloading! Have I missed anything else over the last few months? Some of these re-releases really go under the radar unless you're glued to the blog.

Takao

Banned
Looks like it plays like one of the Mickey Mouse games from back in the day... but more straight forward. Gonna be pretty meh. Makes me want to play the Muppet level pack on LittleBigPlanet 2 instead, but I'll buy it if it gets a physical release somewhere, 'cause it's Muppets and Vita.

It has a physical release in Europe. If it comes out in North America, it'll obviously be PSN-only.

Oh, I didn't know it was out already there. Conversation rate and global priority shipping bumps it up to $69... I'll wait until after I move this month to order it, so it doesn't come to this address after I vacate.

Baust

VitaGAF, quick question:

Does the PSP Sega Genesis Collection work on Vita/Playstation TV?

Got a friend who wants to buy it off PSN and play it on a Playstation TV.

VitaGAF, quick question:

Does the PSP Sega Genesis Collection work on Vita/Playstation TV?

Got a friend who wants to buy it off PSN and play it on a Playstation TV.

if they can buy it via their PSTV, then it should be okay. I don't think there are any real exceptions to taht rule.

ZeroAKA

I'm thinking of getting into Disgaea. I was wondering should I start with the first one or just jump in to the recent one?
Buy Disgaea 4 Vita while it's on sale if you're in EU. Otherwise, D1 would be a great starting point. You can probably skip 2 and 3.

incpdo

OMFG SAO HF sold 400k worldwide... It deserves a real physical release for god's sake.

Random Vitagaf thoughts

Freedom Wars is a nice game.

Binding of Isaac is love it or hate it.

Minecraft is a nice port

Muramasa Rebirth is the most beautiful Vanillaware game(better if you have an oled Vita)

There is a new SAO game coming and looks impressive

Vita looks healthy regarding software sales.

I really like Malicious no matter what you guys say about technical performance.

I think Flower plays better on Vita than on Ps3 , i have finished both versions.

There is a rumor about Prince of Persia Trilogy , takao was talking about this. im praying for this to come true.
I cannot find a european physical copy of Ratchet Collection in my country and thats sad.

So I preordered Lego Batman 3 Deluxe Edition on PS4, and I'm looking at it on the library screen, and right below the countdown clock it's asking me to preorder the regular edition for $53.99. WTF? Is this normal? Would it actually sell me the regular edition too if I tried?

VLiberty

There is a rumor about Prince of Persia Trilogy , takao was talking about this. im praying for this to come true.
I cannot find a european physical copy of Ratchet Collection in my country and thats sad.
You're lucky, R&C(2) on cart has a bad glitch.

I want TSOT on Vita ;_;

Just finished Murasaki Baby, what a pretentious piece of shit.
I should have known better, I already hated Escape Plan but naive as I am I thought Ovosonico maybe figured out to make good touch controls. I mean, Sony has to had a reason to push this game, right?

Overlooking the fact that I hated the character design from the get go, I bought it and besides the stupid top mouths, the artstyle is interesting. The presentation is quite annoying though and as I mentioned, it feels pretentious. Some parts are yawningly slow.

The actual gameplay is way too simple, there weren't any smart puzzles and overall the controls harmed the game. You are blocking your view all the time and sometimes your touch inputs won't register correctly. Some maneuvers also needed some serious finger acrobatics, which was the only difficulty in this puzzle game.
The checkpoint system furthers the rage of the control fuck up deaths because you have to redo too much in my opinion.

To conclude, this game was just not fun. If Sony wanted to get another innovative control based game in their portfolio, they should have asked a better developer like Simogo, who actually do awesome stuff.
The only redeeming factor is, that this game is better than Escape Plan, which isn't really difficult though.

5/10

Opinions.

To me murasaki baby is like limbo, unfinished swan and metrico. With that I mean that I see them less as puzzle games and more like a journey or an experience.

If the puzzles would have been harder in murasaki baby it would take away from the atmosphere IMO. As I am a pretentious conceptual artist I might also have a higher tolerance when it comes to pretentious games than you do.

If you want a good puzzle game play swapper :)

Edit: also the trend of people posting review scores on this forum has to go IMO. It's bad enough that most sites does it, but then the readers at least have the information about what it means. User based scores without any context is really pointless.

The worst thing though is the guessing meta score game that have started to flood game OTs before the game is released. Have each individual become so unimportant that people start shouting random numbers just to show that they exists and to get to say "I told you so" and be recognised.

I guess this started as irony, but the first generation jokes becomes the following generation's truth (misscommunication is a Beauty)

Feel Free to ignore this text.
/rant

^You forgot Yosakoi custom theme

Every game now has a custom theme on Vita!

And I actually wouldn't mind that if every dev does this.

RalchAC

Loving One Piece. I've just finished Drum and I'm midway through Arabasta. Game is really good and most of the flaws reviewers pointed (repetitive, too musou, not enough combos...) are like positive points for me.

The animations are good and the combos look like stuff the characters would do. Voice acting is good, cinematics and comic cutscenes are good even if they lack some stuff. I'm sad the ommited some arcs like the one when they meet Smoker or Little Garden, but it's really good.

The RPG elements are nice and the best is that, since you unlock combos as you play, the learning curve to memorize them isn't overwhelming.

Some character models look really nice (Ruffy, Sanji, Ussop, Chopper), some just good (Vivi and Zoro) and there are some that I don't like (Zoro isn't that good and Nami looks horrible). Haven't played with Franky and Brock yet.

When do I unlock the Challenges?

Wow that Black Heart game is pricy there. Is Vita base price 6000 yen? I'd have expected 4000

Games are expensive in Japan. It's not weird to see handheld stuff at 5500-6500 yen and homeconsole games often go around 7500 yen.

LBP is my favorite game series. Loved the first one and played it soooo much online with a friend.
Got less with the other versions and I wasn't hyped for the new entry until I read (missed all of E3) that there will be new characters to mix up the gameplay a little bit.
I want to support the series with a day 1 purchase. Additionally, it is a nice game for my nephews to play around christmas.

I should be a good person and get LBPVita one day. That Marvel edition is base game + Marvel DLCs, right?

Never played a Tales game but have 2 friends who love the series so I want to try it. I still have a lot of unplayed RPGs on my Vita though but Tales seems to be an ARPG with real time battles? Enjoyed Ys because of that.
Senran Kagura seems like mindless and silly fun.
Happy that it and Tales got localized so the support angle comes in play again.

Tales of is an ARPG that has instanced battles (Hearts R has random battles, but Vesperia, Graces and both Xillias have enemies on the field). The game is real time most of the time but you can press triangle to open a menu where you can use an Item, change your strategy, run away from combat and order an AI partner to use a specific skill.

Game has a block button (that is used to evade with backsteps), and two attacks button. One that uses normal attacks and other that uses a skill. When you're attacking you use the left analog stick to choose between one skill and the other (Up is one skill, left another, nothing another and all that).

There are more shortcuts, but that's the basic stuff.

Latest game have "Combo Points" that limit the amount of attacks you can chain so you cannot unlimitely spam them. (Vesperia didn't, it uses another mechanic instead).

It's really fastpaced and fun, it's even fun when you're fighting randoms (especially on higher difficulties). The games are not perfect but are generally good enough. Vesperia and Xillia 2 are the best Tales this gen overall. If you have a 360 I'd recommend you Vesperia. If you didn't, you could look for a cheap Xillia copy. The game is good, but sadly it becomes obsolete after playing its sequel.
[/QUOTE]

Sony trying to make money.

Freedom Wars Nendoroid: http://goodsmile.ecq.sc/gscnenjp00474.html/
Light novel: http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/product/pocketbook/fami_novel/14271801

Oh, some uguu Bandai Namco game is getting Vita themes: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201411/07065291.html

Wonder when they'll announce the 1.5 version. They may get until GE2.5 is released and announce it for September / October.

I want to hear news about Toukiden Extreme, damn it :(

incpdo

I dont get why people who hates certain genre cares to make a review about a game that belongs to that genre . murasaki baby is a beautiful game with beautiful art.way better excecution and much more production value than home. Flower is another artsy game and escape plan is more of a point and click puzzle adventure. People seems to forget not every game out there is for the hardcore gamer. I think murasaki's approach is for kids, not for the average picky hardcore gamer . of course opinions are that, a personal view of something and I cannot fight that. But why to buy the game in the first place? This reminds me to " stick it to the man " complains. Anyway. Please do not buy games of a genre you don't like. Escape plan is a nice game for what it is . if you don't like it DONT buy Murasaki. Do yourself a favor.

Top Bottom