• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

kng3025

Looks like my order of Tales of Hearts R will ship tomorrow! Nice!

November will kill my wallet:

- TOH:R
- Dengeki Bunko FC
- Hatsune Miku F2

And the leftovers from last month SK and Freedom Wars.

My order status hasn't changed since I pre-ordered it. Is your package estimated to be delivered on the 11th? Or is there a slight chance you'd get it a day or two earlier?

SerTapTap

Help me like Luftrausers GAF, I can't get over the control scheme.

Can you play Asteroids? It's basically Asteroids with gravity. That's not a compliment, but it is what it is. Some ships are easier to fly than others, maybe unlock the anti-grav ship?

Shinriji

My order status hasn't changed since I pre-ordered it. Is your package estimated to be delivered on the 11th? Or is there a slight chance you'd get it a day or two earlier?

I preordered using the Bamco Store, not with Gamestop. I received an email today saying that the the expected shipping date is tomorrow and receiving on the launch day.

Now is the time of the #JRPGVITA bros put the money where their mouth is.

I remember there was an option to filter out goods for games you don't own. Haven't used Near in months though.

lol oops I just looked and realised I'd forgotten that I checked this what must have been a few months ago. I was wondering why I'd gotten no hustle kings or cod declassified stuff for a while.

joe2187

Banned
entire Vita section at every store and gametsop in US

B05qb4xCcAExW6q.jpg

Vita section at store in japan

RK128

B05qb4xCcAExW6q.jpg

Of course it is like that in Japan :D; the Vita is going solid over there, so bigger areas in stores is bound to happen :). It also helps that Japan loves handhelds :D. Great to see Vita love somewhere :'); my local GameStop just has a rack of new/used Vita games and a Borderlands bundle box :l...

Downright breaks my heart. My Vita is the first gaming unit I've owned where retailers in the US give zero shits about. I want to say that places like GameStop and BestBuy actually put more of an effort into stocking shit for the PSP than they did for the Vita. Guess I'll keep throwing my money at other establishments then.

SerTapTap

Downright breaks my heart. My Vita is the first gaming unit I've owned where retailers in the US give zero shits about. I want to say that places like GameStop and BestBuy actually put more of an effort into stocking shit for the PSP than they did for the Vita. Guess I'll keep throwing my money at other establishments then.

I just buy online anyway. And some releases are online-only in any event (the neptunia rebirth LE and the only physical version of Shinovi Versus were). Then there's the absurdity of Tales of Hearts R only being at Gamestahp but I guess it's probably online there too.

joe2187

Banned
Wow that Black Heart game is pricy there. Is Vita base price 6000 yen? I'd have expected 4000

And Monster Monpiece is pretty pricey too. Guess thats the price of retail in japan.

Sucks we'll never get any of those steins gate games, are those 3 diffrent ones? I think Digital VNs would do well in US.

or maybe I just want em.

SerTapTap

And Monster Monpiece is pretty pricey too. Guess thats the price of retail in japan.

Sucks we'll never get any of those steins gate games, are those 3 diffrent ones? I think Digital VNs would do well in US.

or maybe I just want em.

VNs are a rough sale because they're a lot of work to localize (tons of text) AND they're a quite niche audience. But probably not so different from the Neptunia RPGs, though they seem to have struck a (relative) goldmine in the west. I'm hoping 5pb's shooters get localized first though personally...shmups should be much quicker to localize.

Xseed seems happy enough with Corpse Party sales though, so maybe there's hope for other VNs. 5PB international is kinda...not very impressive yet though. PBBG doesn't have all that much text and it's still a fairly poor localization. I can't see the same crew handling a VN properly.

deadfolk

The EU web store page now shows Dracula X as Vita/PSTV compatible, but I've not been able to download it yet. Clicking "download to Vita" does nothing, and in my download list it only shows PS3/PSP. Also doesn't appear in Vita store or download list.

Fingers crossed...

SerTapTap

The EU web store page now shows Dracula X as Vita/PSTV compatible, but I've not been able to download it yet. Clicking "download to Vita" does nothing, and in my download list it only shows PS3/PSP. Also doesn't appear in Vita store or download list.

Fingers crossed...

Does it pop up in the download queue? It can take a while for the console to actually receive items from the queue. If it has a "download to vita" button it really should work, that's what I used to get some of those games when PSN accidentally allowed all PS1/PSP games on Vita. Was too slow to get all the DLC I own though

Tizoc

Oh sure make it compatible for the EU peeps AFTER the sale...
1219689872394.jpg

Only 1 other person will get the reference

deadfolk

Does it pop up in the download queue? It can take a while for the console to actually receive items from the queue. If it has a "download to vita" button it really should work, that's what I used to get some of those games when PSN accidentally allowed all PS1/PSP games on Vita. Was too slow to get all the DLC I own though

Nope. Not going into the queue. I'm downloading it to my PS3 as we speak, just in case.

Oh sure make it compatible for the EU peeps AFTER the sale...

I picked it up during the sale on the off-chance it ever was flagged as compatible. For that price, it was worth a shot.

Hikami

Forgot I never downloaded the September PS+ games. First time trying Playstation All stars.. the only character I'd really want to play as (Kat) is locked. :(
Only 1 other person will get the reference
Notto disu shitto agen..
Heh. Havent seen that in a while

kng3025

I preordered using the Bamco Store, not with Gamestop. I received an email today saying that the the expected shipping date is tomorrow and receiving on the launch day.

Now is the time of the #JRPGVITA bros put the money where their mouth is.

Hmm,interesting. I also pre-ordered off the Scamco Store but haven't received an email. Either way, I'm pumped for next week. This would be my first foray into the Tales series.

deadfolk

No luck transferring Dracula X from PS3. I'm hoping they've really flagged it as compatible, but it's just taking a while to propagate through their system.

VLiberty

Forgot I never downloaded the September PS+ games. First time trying Playstation All stars.. the only character I'd really want to play as (Kat) is locked. :(

Notto disu shitto agen..
Heh. Havent seen that in a while

I think he was referring to Crash and Spyro sale ending the day just before the glitch.

As for Kat, it sucks. That's why you should always redeem "limited" things even if you can't use them at the moment, as Kat and Emmett were free for everyone in their first two weeks.

Like, I redeemed Oddworld NnT's DLC(free for + users in the first week) despite the Vita port of the game is probably coming in 2017 and the DLC in 2018.

antibolo

Banned
My local Best Buy actually has a more or less decent Vita section (at least 15 unique games, and a bunch of accessories), I was surprised last time I went. I'll post pics next time I go there.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sales figures for some anime games:

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, which launched for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in September, sold 650,000 units worldwide.

One Piece: Unlimited World Red, which launched for PlayStation 3, Wii U, PS Vita, and 3DS in June and July (the 3DS version launched in Japan last November), sold 500,000 units worldwide.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, which launched for PS Vita in Japan in April and in North America and Europe in August, sold 400,000 units worldwide.

And finally, 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Jigoku Hen, which launched for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan in April, sold 400,000 units.

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/sales-figures-revealed-latest-naruto-one-piece-sword-art-online-games

SAO on Vita alone sold almost as other games that were multis :)

nampad

People talking about Near made me realize I should have started it in Vietnam. Curious how many people have one there.

Anyway, finished Unfinished Swan and it is a great game. Like the presentation and the gameplay was mixed up well enough to keep things interesting. Helped that the game didn't overstayed its welcome, though I was surprised it ended so early after looking up the chapters.

The game looks really good on the Vita. Got it for free as I bought the PS3 version some time ago but never played it. With the Vita, I really do finish more games than usual, just love it.

8/10

----

Finished the part 2 of Broken Sword 5 recently. All of my complaints about the first part return and I actually liked the story of the first one better.
The controls need some work and some puzzles are badly designed. The story is ok.

6/10

killatopak

Gold Member
So I'm checking my download list and I see Minecraft PS3 with the demo name which I tried and next to it is Minecraft Vita. The difference is that the Vita one doesn't have the demo name. Is it still a demo just without the demo name on it or am I lucky enough to own that version of the game for free?

v1perz53

Oh man I have to take some time off GAF for med school finals, and when I come back Imouto is banned and the monthly threads are all in Community graveyard! I don't even know whats going on anymore. Anyway, lots of gaming catching up to do, spent the past three weeks basically studying non stop.

nampad

Somehow* I really want to buy Senran Kagura but I already spent so much this month on games and Tales of Hearts R is also coming.

Both are overkill and I am not even sure I should buy one. Just preordered GTA 5 and LBP 3. The Danganronpa 2 and Disgaea 4 sale came out of nowhere and I had to get them.

Any help?

*Life and hometown.

killatopak

Gold Member
Somehow* I really want to buy Senran Kagura but I already spent so much this month on games and Tales of Hearts R is also coming.

Both are overkill and I am not even sure I should buy one. Just preordered GTA 5 and LBP 3. The Danganronpa 2 and Disgaea 4 sale came out of nowhere and I had to get them.

Any help?

*Life and hometown.

All of them are really good and the only game I can advise you on getting later is LBP3. This is because as time goes on, there will be more mature and better community made things in LBP3. On release, I think a lot of people will be playing the base game/campaign first.

Oh man I have to take some time off GAF for med school finals, and when I come back Imouto is banned and the monthly threads are all in Community graveyard! I don't even know whats going on anymore. Anyway, lots of gaming catching up to do, spent the past three weeks basically studying non stop.

Welcome back! Yeah sadly, a lot of changes /:

And you had your finals already?? Mine are only in a month or so (hence why I'm playing as much as I can before they hit lol)

nampad

All of them are really good and the only game I can advise you on getting later is LBP3. This is because as time goes on, there will be more mature and better community made things in LBP3. On release, I think a lot of people will be playing the base game/campaign first.

LBP is my favorite game series. Loved the first one and played it soooo much online with a friend.
Got less with the other versions and I wasn't hyped for the new entry until I read (missed all of E3) that there will be new characters to mix up the gameplay a little bit.
I want to support the series with a day 1 purchase. Additionally, it is a nice game for my nephews to play around christmas.

Never played a Tales game but have 2 friends who love the series so I want to try it. I still have a lot of unplayed RPGs on my Vita though but Tales seems to be an ARPG with real time battles? Enjoyed Ys because of that.
Senran Kagura seems like mindless and silly fun.
Happy that it and Tales got localized so the support angle comes in play again.

Just remembered I was also eyeing the Vita TV, just to play around with it a bit because I still have a 32GB card unused. Don't really have a use for it though because the other HDTV has a busted HDMI and I wouldn't need Remote Play anyway. I also prefer playing on a portable.
Only reason I want one is because it is a Vita :p

killatopak

Gold Member
LBP is my favorite game series. Loved the first one and played it soooo much online with a friend.
Got less with the other versions and I wasn't hyped for the new entry until I read (missed all of E3) that there will be new characters to mix up the gameplay a little bit.
I want to support the series with a day 1 purchase. Additionally, it is a nice game for my nephews to play around christmas.

Never played a Tales game but have 2 friends who love the series so I want to try it. I still have a lot of unplayed RPGs on my Vita though but Tales seems to be an ARPG with real time battles? Enjoyed Ys because of that.
Senran Kagura seems like mindless and silly fun.
Happy that it and Tales got localized so the support angle comes in play again.

Just remembered I was also eyeing the Vita TV, just to play around with it a bit because I still have a 32GB card unused. Don't really have a use for it though because the other HDTV has a busted HDMI and I wouldn't need Remote Play anyway. I also prefer playing on a portable.
Only reason I want one is because it is a Vita :p

Personally, I'd go for life and hometown then since you still have an RPG backlog.

Since Tales R is a remake, I'd actually go out on read some reviews of the original game like story, characters and setting. That would give me an insight on what to look forward on the remake since I think the only thing revamped there is the graphics and the gameplay switch from 2D to 3D.

As for Senran Kagura, most go in for the life and hometown but very many come back for the gameplay. It's a pretty solid musou and if you're fan of the genre then it's much better for you.

But man, with you ordering GTAV, I can see you getting your play time go towards that mostly and much more if it's the first time you'll play GTAV. You're in for a ride. I kinda wonder how you'll be able to play so many games at once.

Top Bottom