• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Here's where it is. I was really confused wondering why y'all were slipping so hard falling off the front page. Turns out, it's a community thread now.
Usually when I want to find the thread I just Control + F "Vita". Heh.

Mods said they're trying to move more of these de facto community threads over to the 'proper' section as a way to clear up the main section and liven up the community area.

ToTP: Buy MHFU and Daxter for your vita.

Yasumi

Banned
VitaGAF, how many people are playing around you?

Haven't used this in so long. Is that number in the top right people who didn't share their activity, or is Near just crap at basic counting?
15536765017_d0e08e7e61_o.jpg

Ventara

Oh snap! I just noticed that this thread was moved to Community. The mods really don't like the Vita, do they?
I'm half kidding.

Maedhros

Binding of Isaac on Vita is fucking PERFECT. Holy shit!

It's the best portable for one of my favourite genres: Roguelikes.

Ventara

check my post at the top of the page if you're curious as to why.

Lol, they want to liven up the community? Community is a graveyard where threads go to die. That was an exaggeration, but they already partly killed the Vita community by merging all PSN threads together, and now this? Most new people don't even come here.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Mods said they're trying to move more of these de facto community threads over to the 'proper' section as a way to clear up the main section and liven up the community area.

ToTP: Buy MHFU and Daxter for your vita.

question is why bother now considering its always been treated as the graveyard up till now and changing the general view of the community on that isnt going to budge. they might as well call it the subscribe section as thats basically what you need to do once something is shoved into community.

really feel generally a lot of this is trying to fix something that isnt broken. same goes with the now day 1 OT releases. thanks to that we are already starting to see multiple threads on the same damned game popping up all over before the OT goes out.

Takao

Banned
mods already tried to save community by forcing old OTs into here but no one cared
now they just going to kill off these mega super threads

Lol, they want to liven up the community? Community is a graveyard where threads go to die. That was an exaggeration, but they already partly killed the Vita community by merging all PSN threads together, and now this? Most new people don't even come here.

that's not an exaggeration

Ventara

It's kinda funny, but the Playstation Vita Wallpaper thread is still on the Gaming side, lol.

And yeah, I pretty much have to subscribe to anything that gets moved to Community. They even moved Fantasy Life to Community and it hadn't even been 2 weeks. Do they want to turn the Gaming side into some news thread where people can speculate endlessly and complain at each other?

ZeroAKA

The real solution is to make Gaming Community your new home. I've already replaced the Gaming Discussion bookmark in my browser with this instead.

The real solution is to make Gaming Community your new home. I've already replaced the Gaming Discussion bookmark in my browser with this instead.

I said it before, but honestly all the threads I frequent except this one (previously, obviously) and the retro game collecting threads are in community. It's relatively rare I consistently post in a thread within the main gaming board.

So HERE you guys are. Felt weird going though gaming and not seeing this thread for a few days @_@

Guess I better subscribe so I don't lose track of it now. It'd be a damn shame if the traffic here plummets because of the move.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I find it so weird that people in my town actually own Vita consoles, let alone use Near.
And Duke Nukem 3D is in the top banner roll on the Vita store, but you can't access it. Dumb.

RalchAC

If you really enjoy it get Pirate Warriors 2. Vastly superior game and my personal favourite OP and Musou videogame. Although you should probably get further along the original story, since the game does spoil some characters and hints at a few plottwists.

At this point, I think some friends have spoiled me most stuff that could be spoiled
like Ace's death or the new ship

Still couldn't help but drop many manly tears when
they cremate the Going Merry

Ennies Loby was totally awesome. Seeing Zoro
using Ussop as a sword is probably one of my favorite moments in the series lol.

Game is really good. And it only costed me 15€.

Wait, there's a Spongebob game coming to Vita?

*cancels Tales of Hearts R pre-order*

:O

We're not friends anymore.

I find it so weird that people in my town actually own Vita consoles, let alone use Near.
And Duke Nukem 3D is in the top banner roll on the Vita store, but you can't access it. Dumb.

They're obviously lying . There can't be so many people in your surroundings with a Vita.

Tizoc

At this point, I think some friends have spoiled me most stuff that could be spoiled
like Ace's death or the new ship

Still couldn't help but drop many manly tears when
they cremate the Going Merry

Ennies Loby was totally awesome. Seeing Zoro
using Ussop as a sword is probably one of my favorite moments in the series lol.

Game is really good. And it only costed me 15€.

:O

We're not friends anymore.

They're obviously lying . There can't be so many people in your surroundings with a Vita.
I feel like posting some really late OP spoilers :V

Cha

Tried to like Binding Of Isaac yesterday.
Could not understand the appeal of this game. I know many folks like it, but to me it was as boring as hell. Good presentation, but not my type of game, I guess.

On the other hand, I had an AMAZING time with the MediaTonic's Holloween bundle. Apparently, the bundle is only free in certain EU countries. Can confirm that it works in South Africa and Australia at least. Grab it for free over here (if you can)

Monsters (probably) stole my princess - Very Short, but amazeballs!!
Who’s that flying? - Just as fun as Monsters, but haven’t completed it yet.
1000 Tiny Claws - Not exactly my cup of tea.

I want these MediaTonic guys to work on a Vita game. They seem to know how to make things enjoyable :)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I only played the first 2 tutorial missions in Freedom Wars but for those wondering the Italian localization is absolutely perfect, as always i would say, i don't remember a bad Italian localization(dubs are another thing lol, Clive Barkers Jericho was sooooooo bad), i can't wait to see if the Tales of Heart R one will be as good.

Sometimes I'm surprised at how low res textures can go in KT games

amU155r.jpg

I dunno, DW Next looked like this(my screen):
2012_10_22_154116.jpg

Ok your screen is from a multi with 3ds, but imo none of the newer DW games looks as good as DW Next, i mean look at those tigers! :O

EDIT:
this is the link for those having problems with the image
http://s6.postimg.org/a5qpdkw81/2012_10_22_154116.jpg

VLiberty

Tried to like Binding Of Isaac yesterday.
Could not understand the appeal of this game. I know many folks like it, but to me it was as boring as hell. Good presentation, but not my type of game, I guess.

On the other hand, I had an AMAZING time with the MediaTonic's Holloween bundle. Apparently, the bundle is only free in certain EU countries. Can confirm that it works in South Africa and Australia at least. Grab it for free over here (if you can)

Monsters (probably) stole my princess - Very Short, but amazeballs!!
Who’s that flying? - Just as fun as Monsters, but haven’t completed it yet.
1000 Tiny Claws - Not exactly my cup of tea.

I want these MediaTonic guys to work on a Vita game. They seem to know how to make things enjoyable :)

They are, though not directly. Four Door Lemon (Joe Dangers/Munch's Oddysee Vita ports) is porting Foul Play too, which is a Castle Crashers-like game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNb4sn01Bcc

Steamworld Dig is so, so damn good. My only gripe is that there's no cross-save feature. Great portable title but it'd be great to pick up my progress and play on PS4 now and then.

I once booted up Near and it said that 90+ people were playing nearby. I was pretty shocked.

I too have like 80 something people around me, and most are actually playing games like Persona, Neptunia, SAO, Senran Kagura and now Freedom Wars. I got neighbors with good taste, and I don't even live in the heart of the city, I'm mid/uptown over here.

Milly79

Sweet. Gonna ask Sony for a refund on every digital Vita game I own, brb.

Sound kinda salty about it? Not like I intended it to be that way at all. I really had no idea it released on PS4 the same day, and I notified them of it. They had no reason to give me a refund, and even said all sales are final. Must've been my lucky day. Next time I'll research a little better before impulse buying.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Finally glorious tigers ^.^

I'm still amazed at how good they look :O and DW Next was a launch title, too bad that KT games instead of becoming even better looking, or at least remaining on par with Next, become worse looking.
Next is an exclusive while the others are multis, but is it really that hard to replicate what they already did with Next? :(

Shinriji

Looks like my order of Tales of Hearts R will ship tomorrow! Nice!

November will kill my wallet:

- TOH:R
- Dengeki Bunko FC
- Hatsune Miku F2

And the leftovers from last month SK and Freedom Wars.

VLiberty

Tried Luftrausers and got hooked for almost a hour.
I just got rid of Joe Danger and now I found another gaming drug. I have to give exams dammit

daydream

Banned
Tried Luftrausers and got hooked for almost a hour.
I just got rid of Joe Danger and now I found another gaming drug. I have to give exams dammit

jacknicholsonyes.gif

I wish more people had bought Luftrausers since Vlambeer deserves every penny but as long as people are playing it, I'm happy.

Help me like Luftrausers GAF, I can't get over the control scheme.

Well, what don't you like about them? I recommend D-Pad + R.

has anyone ever gotten game goods in near for games you actually own, or is it supposed to be for ones you don't have to entice you to get them? I'd probably use it more if I didn't keep getting gamegoods for games I will never ever play.

daydream

Banned
has anyone ever gotten game goods in near for games you actually own, or is it supposed to be for ones you don't have to entice you to get them? I'd probably use it more if I didn't keep getting gamegoods for games I will never ever play.

Only one I got was for CoD Declassified which I naturally don't own.
'near' is garbage.

ZeroAKA

I remember there was an option to filter out goods for games you don't own. Haven't used Near in months though.

Shinriji

I shared and received a lot of crystals from Near when TOM Blitz was the VITAGAF GOAT. Also I completed my Uncharted GA treasures using near as well.

Game goods aren't used anymore, I think. Near is a clever idea hampered by terrible implementation.

SerTapTap

I still don't know what Near is supposed to do. Like Streetpass but somehow actually worse? I think that bomb/diamond minigame thing is the only one I have that uses Near and I only played it online.

Top Bottom