• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Phototropic

Neo Member
Yeah it is freaking awesome. It is pretty much what I wanted it to be which was Puzzle Quest with pinball. Thought it would steeped in Japanese weirdness and story since it is published by Atlus but this was made in Canada. The story is just silly almost parody of middle earth stereotypes. Surprising has full voice acting. The actual pinball is super easy so far but I play a lot of virtual pinball. Noticeably missing is a nudge and I still instinctively jam the stick out of habit. Still waiting to see how repeating the play fields are. All of the pinball is objective based like kill all the guys, collect this many gold or get to this hole. You can switch between characters, which are different by attributes, by doing a pinball trap. You can add attributes to you character but it doesn't seem as worth it as buying a new character which essentially adds another ball. Still early but loving it so far.

Z4mIiGj.jpg

EDIT: Should have mentioned I am playing on Vita and it runs super well and fast. Also it has an internal cross-save for PS4.
This post pretty much nails it. I made an impulse buy since it is only $9 and played about 30 minutes last night. It is very gamey in terms of pinball physics which I expected given the style of game, but I had fun with it. It seems like a good time filler game. I played on PS4 and don't love the L1/R1 feel of the bumpers, but you can use the triggers as well. Also worth noting there is a demo if you want to get a feel for how it plays.

Eh Ultimate Ninja Impact is pretty bad. Very basic musou gameplay with boring missions, story presentation is nothing great either. Only good thing is a pretty big cast of characters, but it wears thin pretty quickly regardless. As a fan of both, musou and Naruto (at least to a certain point), I didn't enjoy it very much and wouldn't recommend the game to anyone.

Then I'll skip it.

I bought Exit 2 on the EU PSN sale. Despite the product page saying it isn't PS TV compatible and my PS TV warning me of that when I clicked 'buy'... it does work on PS TV.

went and picked it up

dudes at gamestop: "you know GTA5 [and a bunch of other shit] came out Tuesday too, you ever heard of any of those?"

me: "nope"

don't tempt me, son. i'll break you in half... like a boy

ZeroAKA

went and picked it up

dudes at gamestop: "you know GTA5 [and a bunch of other shit] came out Tuesday too, you ever heard of any of those?"

Nice! Just out of curiosity, was there a trading card inside the case?

Cha

Maybe someone should make a thread:
"How many female anime faces do you have on your Vita"

Expect replies to include:
"None, cos Vita has no anime face"
and "But how many of those faces are not ports, exclusive to Vita and not indie" :p

Wish we could add our own icons though. Tried doing it to a game backup on my PC a while ago, but it just changed the bubble/icon in the content manager, and not on the main screen. If I could, I'd female anime face all of my bubbles :)

autoduelist

went and picked it up

I like both sides of that aisle, which means I'm currently buried in games I want (and don't even start on backlog). I've got qiute a few of the newer vita jrgps to pick up, but also really want alien isolation, dragon age, gtav, evil within, etc.

I don't have time for any of it, either. And Binding of Isaac has a death grip on my playtime anyway. I need a way to cram another 24 hours into every day.

I like both sides of that aisle, which means I'm currently buried in games I want (and don't even start on backlog). I've got qiute a few of the newer vita jrgps to pick up, but also really want alien isolation, dragon age, gtav, evil within, etc.

I don't have time for any of it, either. And Binding of Isaac has a death grip on my playtime anyway. I need a way to cram another 24 hours into every day.

i'd be all over the good PS4 stuff if i had one right now, but i'm still drinking that vitameatavegamin

the guy was just some GM/DM douche and "have you heard of any of those?" made me look at him like:

Tapejara

Yup I just wish it wasn't finals season so I could truly sink my teeth in.

On other news, today I preordered Htol#niq's limited edition from the NISA store (76% of stock left), that one's coming in February.

Any Canadian friends here that can tell me how their shipping is? I haven't heard good things, but then others don't complain about it either. The game is still only coming next year, but I'd like to know what to expect LOL.

If you're choosing the cheapest shipping method, expect 2-3 weeks after release. I've got lucky recently and only had to wait a week for NISA's September releases.

went and picked it up

Gamestop/EB Games can be hit or miss. The EB I frequent is great, but the one a few blocks over is full of assholes.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
guys, I need help in understanding what's happening to my PS+ sub.

I went to download the PS4 games back in November 7th iirc, so I grabbed Isaac (+ Vita version), Escape Plan and SW Dig.

Now it's been a couple of days since I've been trying to cue/DL the other PS3/Vita games but even tho my sub is still active, even have the Plus icon next to my ID, those games are marked as PS+ exclusives and the full price next to that, where there should be written FREE instead.

PS4 is set as primary.
I've haven't tried to restore the licenses yet 'cause I'm afraid it might mess up my other downloaded games, blocking me out of playing them for the time being, also it only says to do that if you're having problems with already downloaded games, not the store.... dunno.

Even if I put them in the basket I'm still prompted to pay the full amount at the end of the transaction and the page seems glitched since it shows the normal price and then next to the PS+ Exclusive icon there's again the exact same price.

The games I've already grabbed (TBOI:R for ps4 and vita, SW Dig etc.) are correctly shown as 'purchased'.

Did anything similar happen to some of you, have you even heard of something similar?

PSN Store is the Italian one, btw.

pariah164

So is F 2nd completely superior to the original or whatever? I noticed the original is still 100% full price on amazon.
I say yes just because of the difficulty spike. In F, I blew through the songs on Normal. Perfected them in one shot. In F 2nd, I'm getting Standard on Normal songs. Insanity. Plus, you'll be up to your eyeballs in costumes if you transfer your wardrobe from F. I highly recommend it.

antibolo

Banned
So is F 2nd completely superior to the original or whatever? I noticed the original is still 100% full price on amazon

The song list is entirely different so it doesn't make the original obsolete or anything. But yes, having played both games since their Japanese launches, I would say the sequel is superior.

SerTapTap

I say yes just because of the difficulty spike. In F, I blew threw the songs on Normal. Perfected them in one shot. In F 2nd, I'm getting Standard on Normal songs. Insanity. Plus, you'll be up to your eyeballs in costumes if you transfer your wardrobe from F. I highly recommend it.

That sounds more like a reason not to get it to me. I don't have either and am waffling about it in general because I'm usually not great at non-patapon rhythm games. Was hoping the first would be cheaper due to the release of 2 but no

antibolo

Banned
Weird, it appears that LBP Vita has been delisted from PSN in favor of the "Marvel Edition". And furthermore there seems to be no way to buy the new Marvel content as DLC for the original game. That's a pretty strange way to handle it.

Weird, it appears that LBP Vita has been delisted from PSN in favor of the "Marvel Edition". And furthermore there seems to be no way to buy the new Marvel content as DLC for the original game. That's a pretty strange way to handle it.

What's this new marvel edition thingamabob?

That sounds more like a reason not to get it to me. I don't have either and am waffling about it in general because I'm usually not great at non-patapon rhythm games. Was hoping the first would be cheaper due to the release of 2 but no

Just keep playing Patapon. PDF is amazing, but Patapon, man...

nampad

Yeah I know it is supposed to be a demo but the after buying the Destiny demo on PS4 it shows as bought on the PSN, no price. I also can't buy the Guardian edition anymore, which I could have right before. The email tells me Destiny (Full version).

Maybe the EU PSN team fucked up again?

daydream

Banned
Yeah it is freaking awesome. It is pretty much what I wanted it to be which was Puzzle Quest with pinball. Thought it would steeped in Japanese weirdness and story since it is published by Atlus but this was made in Canada. The story is just silly almost parody of middle earth stereotypes. Surprising has full voice acting. The actual pinball is super easy so far but I play a lot of virtual pinball. Noticeably missing is a nudge and I still instinctively jam the stick out of habit. Still waiting to see how repeating the play fields are. All of the pinball is objective based like kill all the guys, collect this many gold or get to this hole. You can switch between characters, which are different by attributes, by doing a pinball trap. You can add attributes to you character but it doesn't seem as worth it as buying a new character which essentially adds another ball. Still early but loving it so far.

Z4mIiGj.jpg

EDIT: Should have mentioned I am playing on Vita and it runs super well and fast. Also it has an internal cross-save for PS4.

Thanks for the impressions. Sounds pretty good, I'm curious about every pinball game that releases.

If you're choosing the cheapest shipping method, expect 2-3 weeks after release. I've got lucky recently and only had to wait a week for NISA's September releases.

I chose the second most expensive one, precisely because of this. So I should expect a week or so of waiting then... Oh well, not like February isn't already all filled up with stuff to play anyway :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
US Vita sales have been awful this month. Meanwhile the Europe sale has pretty much everything left that I'd want to buy on the system.

Curufinwe

I just updated my PS3 to 4.66 and now I can't log in.

An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PSN.
(80710A06)

But I logged in fine on the PS4. Now it says:

DNS error.
(80710102)

SerTapTap

Anyone with a JP PSN account (free and easy to make) can download the *ω* Quintet demo now. Compile Heart can do 60 FPS now! I have no idea what's going on but combat is more basic turn-based without the Quest 64 style moving to position your attacks or anything. IQ is...decent, some amount of AA, proper 1080p. They still can't make map-areas performant to save their lives, but combat runs fine. Animations are pretty decent.

One of the VAs is Murasaki from SK with the same personality I think and it's throwing me off

Just keep playing Patapon. PDF is amazing, but Patapon, man...

I would but I'm a bit burned out on Patapon 3, and I've basically run out of things to do in Patapon 2. Just farm even more better materials, unlock the last few masks, grind and pray for better equips. I never beat Patapon 1 but ugh, the permadeath and extremely strict timing are a huge turn off.

IF ONLY THERE WERE A NEW PS PORTABLE SYSTEM FOR THEM TO MAKE A PATAPON GAME FOR

Man God

Non-Canon Member
yuuuup. I'm pretty jealous, too.

Fortunately I've got other stuff going on to distract me.

Yeah. Just finished Fantasy Life and have Smash and ORAS on the way. Still I went and got some cheap PSN bucks at Target today just in case the anime sale made it across the bay. Logged into SEN, looked at the sales and my face probably resembled your avatar.

Top Bottom