• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Sarcasm

According to my profile I am earning trophies for binding of isaac rebirth.

Yet in recent played it downy even show up. Just a game I played two weeks ago on my ps3.

v1perz53

US Vita sales have been awful this month. Meanwhile the Europe sale has pretty much everything left that I'd want to buy on the system.

I'm assuming they're going to have a black friday/cyber monday type sale that will be pretty big (though you know what happens when you assume...), and that's why sales have been light recently. Since other regions don't have the same post-thanksgiving buying rush they can spread the sales out more there.

SerTapTap

Anyone wanna help me test Shareplay? I have 50 down 6 up but I can't stream to someone who's like 20 minutes away. It doesn't say who's connection is too slow.

US Vita sales have been awful this month. Meanwhile the Europe sale has pretty much everything left that I'd want to buy on the system.

They need to start making sales cover all the "west" like they (apparently) merged PS+ offerings. The current situation is stupid

Shizuka

Shinovi Versus is so much fun, I'm delighted with Tamsoft's work. It makes me that much more excited about Neptunia U and Estival Versus.

Shinovi Versus is so much fun, I'm delighted with Tamsoft's work. It makes me that much more excited about Neptunia U and Estival Versus.

I found it fun but after a little while it got too repetitive for me. I guess I'm not a musou kind of guy. I could see why many would love it though.

Shizuka

I found it fun but after a little while it got too repetitive for me. I guess I'm not a musou kind of guy. I could see why many would love it though.

Did you play Burst before Shinovi Versus? I got through with how much Burst was repetitive, I'm not finding SV to be that much repetitive.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, a Dungeon Travelers 2 theme just got put up on JPSN

Haphazardly put bubbles in folders as to not obfuscate wallpapers:
nck34CK.jpg
dRMqa75.jpg
wLzNpNk.jpg
7ColKWF.jpg

rcEdzlj.jpg
Oyi7oXS.jpg
SiGrYn3.jpg
KqXpPzQ.jpg

OeYSfJL.jpg
wV1BfyJ.jpg
Gyscfe9.jpg

Takao

Banned
so yeah, that minecraft japan vita bundle is real
it's just a white 2K, a green soft case, a psn copy of the game, a kind of creeper themed baggie
12/4 release
exclusive to a handful of retailers (not sony.com for once)

Tizoc

Gonna grab Maken Shao when I get back home, if Steel Dragon EX runs OK, eff it I might get that too :V

Is Steel Dragon Ex bundle in EU sale worth it?

IIRC it is 50 Hz, but do let us know if it does have a 60 Hz option, or is optimized for 50 Hz.

There's some interesting background to this game, as US PSN has its predecessor Shienryu as a PSX classic.

Did you play Burst before Shinovi Versus? I got through with how much Burst was repetitive, I'm not finding SV to be that much repetitive.

Shinovi Versus is better than any other musou games I've ever played.

Yeah Burst was much more repetitive, but repetitiveness I wasn't my only issue with the game, heck who am I to talk about repetition when I am still playing Destiny to this day amongst my other games.

Played both but I still didn't find Shinovi to be anything too special. It's a fun game I'll give you that, but it definitely won't get as much love from me as from other VitaGaf members. The series just didn't click with me I guess.

SerTapTap

Beat the big secret final boss in Isaac Rebirth, I guess I should take a break now and play some of these other games I've been neglecting

Yeah it is freaking awesome. It is pretty much what I wanted it to be which was Puzzle Quest with pinball. Thought it would steeped in Japanese weirdness and story since it is published by Atlus but this was made in Canada.

Dude, you are so right. I didn't expect Puzzle Quest, just an ok pinball rpg experiment, but this demo is totally Puzzle Quest pinball and I love that game. Buying this next month for sure.

With the $29.99 price tag on Adventure Time, I wish it was a physical release -_- gonna have to wait on that one.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Yeah it is freaking awesome. It is pretty much what I wanted it to be which was Puzzle Quest with pinball. Thought it would steeped in Japanese weirdness and story since it is published by Atlus but this was made in Canada. The story is just silly almost parody of middle earth stereotypes. Surprising has full voice acting. The actual pinball is super easy so far but I play a lot of virtual pinball. Noticeably missing is a nudge and I still instinctively jam the stick out of habit. Still waiting to see how repeating the play fields are. All of the pinball is objective based like kill all the guys, collect this many gold or get to this hole. You can switch between characters, which are different by attributes, by doing a pinball trap. You can add attributes to you character but it doesn't seem as worth it as buying a new character which essentially adds another ball. Still early but loving it so far.

Z4mIiGj.jpg

EDIT: Should have mentioned I am playing on Vita and it runs super well and fast. Also it has an internal cross-save for PS4.

Wow, loved these type of rpg-esque puzzle games. This sounds right up my alley. Will definitely check it out in the weekend.

MQX

I have decided to join the Vita side and will be getting my Vita with 16 GB memory card in the mail tomorrow.

Funny how my first order of business will be to get caught up on old PSP RPG games I missed. Also picking up Senran Kagura and P4G to start.
Congratulations with having a Vita :p.

Danganronpa 1 for €15? Welp. Sony did it again ;) (will only buy this game digitally if it was €20 or less).

Woo, a Dungeon Travelers 2 theme just got put up on JPSN

Haphazardly put bubbles in folders as to not obfuscate wallpapers:
They look really nice :D. Too bad it's only available in the Japanese store :(.

Also, PSNGAF:
Omega Quintet is coming to the west(in Spring 2015)

It will be released physical and digitally(also for Europe :p).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale could come to Vita! OMG!

From the upcoming games thread:
Beamdog said they have a vita devkit and will look at potentially bringing Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale to vita.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2msl96/we_are_beamdog_developers_of_baldurs_gate_i_ii/cm7ik7b
OMGOMGOMG!

Ah, I thought you meant gameplay and was so ridiculously confused, lol.

Personally, while Unit 13 did feel a bit 'budget' at times, I'm super glad it was built the way it was built. Absolutely tons of missions, each of which could be played 4 different ways, plus an awesome mission randomizer as well as daily challenges.

If you had plot, etc, you'd end up with KZ Mercs -- 10 or so longer missions with opening cutscenes and other plot related cutscenes weighing down the action.
Unfortunately it wasn't well received either for reasons I fail to understand

As much as I enjoyed KZ Mercs, I'll take ~10x the missions plus a mission randomizer any day, even if it means giving up the plot/story.

As for FW, I barely even see the areas as anything other than big arenas to kill monsters, much like the big open areas of soul sacrifice.
Different genres = different kind of maps ;)

Benedict

Which game should I delete to make room for Danganronpa?

Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Shinobido 2
Dynasty Warriors Next

nampad

I finally got the trophy!

The problem was that I didnt rub her breasts properly, I wasnt doing it enough to where she reacted and told me she was going to kill me if I didnt stop.

finally.

I need to buy Senran Kagura.

Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale could come to Vita! OMG!

From the upcoming games thread:

OMGOMGOMG!

Different genres = different kind of maps ;)

I will finally be able to play Baldur's Gate, a game several friends of mine have been raving about since its original release.

Tizoc

Which game should I delete to make room for Danganronpa?

Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Shinobido 2
Dynasty Warriors Next

All of them :V
DR is only 1 GB, so whichever you won't be playing in the near future you live without.

BTW how's Steel Dragon EX?

Sarcasm

So how do I make my own backup of my saves? I got CM installed and PS vita can do backups or copy content but it copies entire game?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I think there's a checkbox when copying Vita games that says "copy save data only", I forget exactly how though
Sorry, but that was probably Tom/Wyrdwad mistakenly referring to a dev unit. It's not possible on a retail Vita.

But I think it should be possible to copy the whole game and just save the "/Documents/PSVita/APP/something/[game id]/savedata" folder and then copy it back together with a copy of the whole game when you need it. I have not tried this myself so don't take this as a fact.

SerTapTap

Sorry, but that was probably Tom/Wyrdwad mistakenly referring to a dev unit. It's not possible on a retail Vita.

But I think it should be possible to copy the whole game and just save the "/Documents/PSVita/APP/something/[game id]/savedata" folder and then copy it back together with a copy of the whole game when you need it. I have not tried this myself so don't take this as a fact.

Well crap. I've just been copying the whole thing anyway since I want those backed up

bobohoro

Those SK-trophy-quotes will be fun to use out of context in a few months. :D

Shinovi Versus is better than any other musou games I've ever played.

Don't know if you're joking here. Considering you mean it, how so? I played DW8XL, Hyrule Warriors and Shinovi Versus this year and in terms of gameplay, content and polish, SV is nowhere near those two other games. Soundtrack is pretty good in all of them and story/characters are definitely a matter of taste, although Senran Kagura has the stronger characterisation.

SerTapTap

Don't know if you're joking here. Considering you mean it, how so? I played DW8XL, Hyrule Warriors and Shinovi Versus this year and in terms of gameplay, content and polish, SV is nowhere near those two other games. Soundtrack is pretty good in all of them and story/characters are definitely a matter of taste, although Senran Kagura has the stronger characterisation.

SK is also a very different feel--no bullshit (well, minimal bullshit). If you prefer the boss fights there's a lot more of them per-hour than most anything more appropriately called a musou. I personally don't care much for mopping up grunts in these games, I'd probably prefer if Versus were all 1 on 1 (or at least 1 vs multiple proper bosses). Beating up swarms of trash is briefly cathartic but I don't need to do it for very long.

VLiberty

Teslagrad trophy list popped up. Yay!

Then I remember how VVVVVV and Munch's Oddysee lists also popped up over a month ago but nothing came out and get depressed

Reading SK in this thread is also depressing, as my thought goes at Shovel Knight

Definitely play GoW3 before Ascension. Don't feel bad, I'd have done the same. I have a few unopened games on my shelf now for the first time ever
Is it for story reasons?

SerTapTap

Teslagrad trophy list popped up. Yay!

Then I remember how VVVVVV and Munch's Oddysee lists also popped up over a month ago but nothing came out and get depressed

Reading SK in this thread is also depressing, as my thought goes at Shovel Knight

Is it for story reasons?

Not particularly--Ascension is the first in the series chronologically, and as long as you've played 1&2 you're probably ready to play it. But God of War 3 is just a lot better in gameplay, story and general polish. GoW3 is a proper God of War and Ascension feels more like a side story, which is a shame because the actual stuff it deals with have potential (since, you know, origins and stuff) but the bosses aren't very memorable and the "rage meter" makes combat very frustrating--take any hit and you instantly lose a lot of your ability to deal damage.

There's also some poorly designed encounters (one infamous one right at the end) and a couple of annoying "how was I supposed to know that" puzzles. I don't think I ever got stuck on a puzzle in a GoW game before Ascension, for better or worse.

God of War 3 also starts fantastically and is a great way to get the blood flowing again. Ascension doesn't have a particularly fantastic first impression as far as God of War goes (it's a strong point of the series IMO)

Tapejara

My Random Thoughts on Senran Kagura From Less Than An Hour of Playtime:

Not sure what to think of Shinovi Versus yet. On one hand the over-the-top fanservice is hilarious, on the other it can also be a bit a detrimental at times. The boobs jokes are silly and fun, but comments like [paraphrased]
"he took my purity"
are pretty off-putting. The gameplay is great and the clothing mechanic elicits a chuckle. I just wish controls could be remapped. I'd rather have lock-on set to one of the shoulder buttons than the directional pad.

Will definitely play more though. I'm a sucker for comical fanservice games.

SerTapTap

My Random Thoughts on Senran Kagura From Less Than An Hour of Playtime:

Not sure what to think of Shinovi Versus yet. On one hand the over-the-top fanservice is hilarious, on the other it can also be a bit a detrimental at times. The boobs jokes are silly and fun, but comments like [paraphrased]
"he took my purity"
are pretty off-putting. The gameplay is great and the clothing mechanic elicits a chuckle. I just wish controls could be remapped. I'd rather have lock-on set to one of the shoulder buttons than the directional pad.

Will definitely play more though. I'm a sucker for comical fanservice games.

You must have started Gessen--honestly the boobs stuff generally takes a backseat in the actual plot (you happen to have started in the story where that's not the case), and boobs/sexystuff is only a significant part of the personalities of 3 of the 20 characters. I think the humor and story are mostly quite well done and it's not as overly focused on fanservice story-wise as I would have expected. It's not perfect either though as I've brought up a few times in the OT.

Lockon isn't really required, I only use it with one character, also you can tap the screen if you're playing on a "real" vita not PS TV. I just move the camera with the stick. It'd be nice if they threw it on a shoulder button for PS TV though, otherwise on Vita controls everything else is more important than lock on any already has a button.

Tapejara

You must have started Gessen--honestly the boobs stuff generally takes a backseat in the actual plot (you happen to have started in the story where that's not the case), and boobs/sexystuff is only a significant part of the personalities of 3 of the 20 characters. I think the humor and story are mostly quite well done and it's not as overly focused on fanservice story-wise as I would have expected. It's not perfect either though as I've brought up a few times in the OT.

Lockon isn't really required, I only use it with one character, also you can tap the screen if you're playing on a "real" vita not PS TV. I just move the camera with the stick. It'd be nice if they threw it on a shoulder button for PS TV though, otherwise on Vita controls everything else is more important than lock on any already has a button.

Yeah, started with the Gessen story. The boob stuff is fine, I don't really have a problem with that kind of stuff. Just Hanzo saying the girls weren't pure anymore because he groped them was really treading the line imo.

I wonder if small companies like NISA, XSEED and Aksys will be at the PS Experience event announcing new games.

I'd be surprised if Aksys wasn't there, considering they have quite a few upcoming releases. NISA as well, but I wonder if either company would be interested in announcing new localization when the first half of 2015 is basically covered.

XSEED on the other hand, if quite a different story. We don't know much of the company's 2015 line up. Doesn't XSEED typically tease/announce games in December anyway?

Top Bottom