• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

SerTapTap

Yeah, started with the Gessen story. The boob stuff is fine, I don't really have a problem with that kind of stuff. Just Hanzo saying the girls weren't pure anymore because he groped them was really treading the line imo.

If it makes you feel better (story spoilers obviously)
You'll find the reasoning behind that is much less gross (but still not amazing story telling for other reasons) than it deliberately appears
and other stories don't really feature anything like that central to the plot--just a couple of characters who have...certain personalities

I wonder if small companies like NISA, XSEED and Aksys will be at the PS Experience event announcing new games.

Wouldn't be surprised, there are indies there and Atlus is there so it's not all western or all AAA.

Novocaine

So am I missing something here, but why can I download my Minecraft save file to my PS4 from Vita or PS3, but my Vita will only download from PS3. Do I have to install PS3 version and do a whole process to get my save back on my Vita?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So am I missing something here, but why can I download my Minecraft save file to my PS4 from Vita or PS3, but my Vita will only download from PS3. Do I have to install PS3 version and do a whole process to get my save back on my Vita?
You mean transfer from PS4 to Vita? Not possible.
Only PS3 and Vita saves are cross-compatible. Once you convert it to the PS4 format there's no way back due to size constraints.

SerTapTap

PS4 Minecraft has larger worlds so saves can only be imported into PS4, not sent back

Shizuka

Should I get Arcana Heart 3: Love Max for the Vita? I loved the original AH3 release for the PS3 a few years ago, but I'm worried about the controls on the Vita.

Don't know if you're joking here. Considering you mean it, how so? I played DW8XL, Hyrule Warriors and Shinovi Versus this year and in terms of gameplay, content and polish, SV is nowhere near those two other games. Soundtrack is pretty good in all of them and story/characters are definitely a matter of taste, although Senran Kagura has the stronger characterisation.

Musou games generally bore me to death, while Senran Kagura is fun and would be fun even if the girls were fully clothed and flat-chested.

That's my reasoning.

I like both. *shrug*

Though I do wish Versus had more mook fights.

Kinda weird how it works out.
Onechanbara (another Tamsoft series) has good mook fighting, but a lack of character variety and rather poor bosses. Versus is sorta the inverse of that(great characters & bosses, poor mooks).

antibolo

Banned
Should I get Arcana Heart 3: Love Max for the Vita? I loved the original AH3 release for the PS3 a few years ago, but I'm worried about the controls on the Vita.

No, the loading times are awful, and you will never find anyone online because not only is it not cross-platform with the PS3, they also broke cross-region (and have clearly stated that they never intend on fixing it).

Since then Aksys Games has been running on damage control and have made it very clear that GGXrd and UNIB will definitely be cross-region compatible.

I'd say don't bother with it at all, even the PS3 version, because the game has so very little added content compared to vanilla AC3 that it's almost insulting that this was a full release and not just a patch. It's basically just a balance patch!!

Arcana Heart is forever cursed by bad stuff that prevents it from succeeding, the vanilla AC3 was also DOA due to being released the week of the 2011 PSN hack.

alexdd

Neo Member
Guys, sorry for asking this, but I looked around and I couldn't find any appropriate topic to ask this question (sorry Mods!!). I recently got a ps4 and there happen to be a problem when I wake the console pressing the Ps button. The console starts but gets stuck on this screen

https://support.us.playstation.com/euf/assets/KCimages/kbid_5105/8.jpg

Obviously, pressing the button doesn't do anything, although the led on the pad is lit. I have to put it to sleep and touch the on/off button on the console itself, and then it starts working normally. The console is up to date and connected to the internet via ethernet cable. Anybody knows what it could be? Should I contact Sony :(?

Doombear

Anybody knows what it could be? Should I contact Sony :(?

To be clear, are you waking from Standby/Rest or from complete power off?

By any chance, do you have the controller plugged in to anything? Other than the PS4 obviously. I found that if I am charging my DS4 via my laptop USB it will not power on the PS4. Have you tried connecting the USB from the DS4 to PS4 and then powering it on via the button? Does that change anything?

SerTapTap

Guys, sorry for asking this, but I looked around and I couldn't find any appropriate topic to ask this question (sorry Mods!!). I recently got a ps4 and there happen to be a problem when I wake the console pressing the Ps button. The console starts but gets stuck on this screen

https://support.us.playstation.com/euf/assets/KCimages/kbid_5105/8.jpg

Obviously, pressing the button doesn't do anything, although the led on the pad is lit. I have to put it to sleep and touch the on/off button on the console itself, and then it starts working normally. The console is up to date and connected to the internet via ethernet cable. Anybody knows what it could be? Should I contact Sony :(?

You want to make sure you're wiring the DS4 to the PS4 when that's there if pressing the button doesn't work. A blank white light usually means the DS4 isn't quite connected to anything.

No, the loading times are awful, and you will never find anyone online because not only is it not cross-platform with the PS3, they also broke cross-region (and have clearly stated that they never intend on fixing it).

Since then Aksys Games has been running on damage control and have made it very clear that GGXrd and UNIB will definitely be cross-region compatible.

I'd say don't bother with it at all, even the PS3 version, because the game has so very little added content compared to vanilla AC3 that it's almost insulting that this was a full release and not just a patch. It's basically just a balance patch!!

Arcana Heart is forever cursed by bad stuff that prevents it from succeeding, the vanilla AC3 was also DOA due to being released the week of the 2011 PSN hack.

Shame the port isn't great and the region stuff is fucked. I wanted a physical copy of this at some point just for the absurd LOVE MAX!!!!! on the cover.

I've noticed with Vita cross-play games it's generally the load times that goad me into just playing it 100% on PS4 instead. I am not a patient spikeball. Plus I can remoteplay my PS4 on my PS Vita but I can't remoteplay my PS Vita with my PS4. Though I would love to...

bobohoro

Musou games generally bore me to death, while Senran Kagura is fun and would be fun even if the girls were fully clothed and flat-chested.

That's my reasoning.

I'd say I even prefer the fully clothed option. And more casual clothing.

And it really needs a mature, flat/moderate-chested girl. Or two.

But yeah, that's a simple reason I can totally understand. Initially thought you had some reason on a mechanical level or stuff like that, but I can't argue against someone simply having more fun with something. :D

SerTapTap

I'd say I even prefer the fully clothed option. And more casual clothing.

And it really needs a mature, flat/moderate-chested girl. Or two.

But yeah, that's a simple reason I can totally understand. Initially thought you had some reason on a mechanical level or stuff like that, but I can't argue against someone simply having more fun with something. :D

There's two flat girls in Versus but one is a psychopath and one is the generic "I'LL HAVE BOOBS ONE DAY, I'LL SHOW YOU" thing

alexdd

Neo Member
To be clear, are you waking from Standby/Rest or from complete power off?

By any chance, do you have the controller plugged in to anything? Other than the PS4 obviously. I found that if I am charging my DS4 via my laptop USB it will not power on the PS4. Have you tried connecting the USB from the DS4 to PS4 and then powering it on via the button? Does that change anything?
I am waking from standby/rest yes, and the pad is not connected to anything else. The light on the pad is white. I tried to plug in the cable in the console, attach it to the pad and pressing the button but still no luck. I have to put the console in rest mode with the console button, restart it from there and then it works fine. Note that it seems to happen only every now and then.

bobohoro

Ryobi is 50% that.

Ryobi is annoying though and comes across as one of the younger girls in the game to me. I was thinking more along the lines of a flat/small-chested Rin. But won't happen, since our dear producer-overlord has a wholy different philosophy regarding bosoms anyway.

Rigalo

The deals this week are astounding!

Picked up Crysis 1&2, Alice, and Dead Space.

So salty that I paid $40 for the Mass Effect Collection when they are going for less than $5 a game now lol

SerTapTap

Ryobi is annoying though and comes across as one of the younger girls in the game to me. I was thinking more along the lines of a flat/small-chested Rin. But won't happen, since our dear producer-overlord has a wholy different philosophy regarding bosoms anyway.

Righteous Boobage Producer, IIRC

There are a few fairly mature characters, I don't see a need to shoehorn one in to just be like "Oh man I am SO mature because I am SO FLAT you could fold laundry of these things wow". Plus they're supposed to be students and learning and CONFLICT and things.

randomkid

Hey guys, what's the latest cheapest solution for getting European PSN credit if I'm trying to buy from America?

Like I just wanna get this £5.00 digital PSN code off Amazon UK but I can't figure out how to pay for it from the US.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H4IP38U/

I tried switching my address per this post but still got flagged as US when it asked me to reenter my existing US CC info.

SerTapTap

HF looked nice and like I said before, FW (throw KZ in there) are visually impressive. If those can look like that, so can SAO, I hope.

I wouldn't compare first party Sony titles to a game bamco localized using a team of parrots. Hopefully they step up their game considering the high sales, though.

It's odd how inconsistent sales are. Seems to be no real rhyme or reason as to when there's a big/small (in discount or game count) sale.

I would have thought that there'd be a greater trend to it.

Got my Vita today and picked up Persona 4 Golden and Senran Kagura.

I've gotta say first impressions are out of this world and didn't know the screen was so beautiful.

SerTapTap

Got my Vita today and picked up Persona 4 Golden and Senran Kagura.

I've gotta say first impressions are out of this world and didn't know the screen was so beautiful.

It's an amazing piece of hardware. Wish everyone would try it, I've only tolerated portable devices before it.

Novocaine

You mean transfer from PS4 to Vita? Not possible.
Only PS3 and Vita saves are cross-compatible. Once you convert it to the PS4 format there's no way back due to size constraints.

PS4 Minecraft has larger worlds so saves can only be imported into PS4, not sent back

Well that sucks ass :(

Guess I'll make 2 worlds then. I'm surprised the game has pulled me back in, I don't know how long I'll play it for. I played the shit out of it when it was alpha on PC, but that was on a private server with a bunch of friends, and aages ago, before food was even implemented. Mostly playing solo this time but having a great deal of fun.

VitaGaf this Tuesday I'm going to put the Vita aside in favor of my 3DS and Persona Q. Am I a bad person?

I'm planning on buying it next year (assuming I don't get it for Christmas). I'm getting Pokemon Omega Ruby at launch though, but not sure how much I'll be able to play until I'm done with my exams. It's the first 3DS game I'm buying this year

I won't lie to you guys, this is the game I was waiting for all year and it's also my last purchase. In a year of some disappointments and such, I'm glad to end it on a good note! Vita had a great year, so it deserves some rest :p

Top Bottom