• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Uraizen

Banned
Should I get Arcana Heart 3: Love Max for the Vita? I loved the original AH3 release for the PS3 a few years ago, but I'm worried about the controls on the Vita.

No, the loading times are awful, and you will never find anyone online because not only is it not cross-platform with the PS3, they also broke cross-region (and have clearly stated that they never intend on fixing it).

Since then Aksys Games has been running on damage control and have made it very clear that GGXrd and UNIB will definitely be cross-region compatible.

I'd say don't bother with it at all, even the PS3 version, because the game has so very little added content compared to vanilla AC3 that it's almost insulting that this was a full release and not just a patch. It's basically just a balance patch!!

Arcana Heart is forever cursed by bad stuff that prevents it from succeeding, the vanilla AC3 was also DOA due to being released the week of the 2011 PSN hack.

Just to add on to this, they've already announced a new version for arcades. So pass on it.

SerTapTap

How good is the quality of Sharefactory/upload to youtube on PS4? I'm copying my stuff to PC to edit now, but I'm wondering if in the future it's acceptable to just upload direct. I have proper video editing software so I kinda doubt it but thought I'd ask

SerTapTap

Uh....I see what people mean by the video clips not saving right. If I had to guess, I'd say each time I'm saving a screenshot it's resetting the video buffer. Welp, that's one amazing Binding of Isaac run I only got 3 random minutes of. Urg.

Quixzlizx

I just bit the bullet and imported a 64GB Vita card. Is there an easy way to do a one-click backup of my existing card using Content Manager and restore it to the new one? Will my wallpapers and bubbles all be in the right places?

SerTapTap

I just bit the bullet and imported a 64GB Vita card. Is there an easy way to do a one-click backup of my existing card using Content Manager and restore it to the new one? Will my wallpapers and bubbles all be in the right places?

You can try just the Full Backup if you really need "one click" but it might fail or something. I've had fairly bad luck with it.

Shizuka

You can try just the Full Backup if you really need "one click" but it might fail or something. I've had fairly bad luck with it.

I did it with mine just fine. Sure, it took half an hour to copy and another half an hour to transfer, but it was hassle-free for me.

SerTapTap

Well it'll either fail or it won't. No idea what the transfer failure rate is. If you have the time to let it sit, might as well try it I guess. But I've had it fail an hour in, if you have the new card in hand it's faster to manually move stuff.

I wouldn't advise anyone use the one-click backup function as it has way more issues than backing up individual games.

How good is the quality of Sharefactory/upload to youtube on PS4? I'm copying my stuff to PC to edit now, but I'm wondering if in the future it's acceptable to just upload direct. I have proper video editing software so I kinda doubt it but thought I'd ask

Sharefactory editing works quite well on the PS4, I generally use it to edit gameplay before using USB to move it to PC for upload.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
VitaGaf this Tuesday I'm going to put the Vita aside in favor of my 3DS and Persona Q. Am I a bad person?

I'm going to wait six months and get it for 25 bucks or less because that's what Atlus does.

Works great for me as I probably won't be ready to play it even then! Too many games.

Shizuka

I wonder if there'll be a black friday flash sale next week. There aren't many Vita games left that I want, but it's always nice to see other people enjoying great deals.

I'm going to wait six months and get it for 25 bucks or less because that's what Atlus does.

Works great for me as I probably won't be ready to play it even then! Too many games.

I should do the same. I haven't touched my 3DS since a link between worlds.

I feel like I've started a revolution on this thread. Everyone is abandoning/wants to abandons the Vita ship D:
but we are all forgiven because it's Persona.

Quixzlizx

Uh oh, I tried cancelling this backup since I was stuck at 972 MB for over a half-hour, and now I'm stuck at the "Please wait" message... if this is still going on when I wake up tomorrow, how do I get out of this without fucking up my memory card's contents?

Dat Sony software.

Tizoc

Uh oh, I tried cancelling this backup since I was stuck at 972 MB for over a half-hour, and now I'm stuck at the "Please wait" message... if this is still going on when I wake up tomorrow, how do I get out of this without fucking up my memory card's contents?

Dat Sony software.

You prob. should've deleted majority of games from your Vita before backing up. The less MBs and GBs it has to work with, the better.
Only games you should've kept would be those from when the PS Servers glitched.

v1perz53

I wonder if there'll be a black friday flash sale next week. There aren't many Vita games left that I want, but it's always nice to see other people enjoying great deals.

Yea I love seeing people getting excited over older games all over again because of a sale. The 14 for 14 sale at the beginning of this year was pretty awesome, something even slightly as good for black friday would make me happy. I remember getting Tales of Xillia during that sale, my first Tales game, what an awesome purchase.

I don't think there are any more vita games I'll be buying this year. I'll probably get PDF2nd next spring. Until then my budget is back into my GB/PSX collections. Hopefully Suikoden II comes to PSN before I crack and buy a physical copy.

incpdo

i have to admit , BoI:R is one of my favorite games for Vita , plays excellent on the console , and it is a very good port. the game has lots and lots of surprises. You should buy it. This is my first time playing it and i have more than 6 hours already. I never get bored, i cannot understand why people doesnt like this. it must be the fact is not made with casual gamers in mind.

Renpatsu

i have to admit , BoI:R is one of my favorite games for Vita , plays excellent on the console , and it is a very good port. the game has lots and lots of surprises. You should buy it. This is my first time playing it and i have more than 6 hours already. I never get bored, i cannot understand why people doesnt like this. it must be the fact is not made with casual gamers in mind.
A lot of people dislike the art style and the initial curve towards complexity the more you play it.

But yeah, it's a great game deserving of people's time.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

I just wish the game is not about poop and abused children.

incpdo

I just wish the game is not about poop and abused children.

I think the game is using its art style very well, i mean, for me translates hell into some adorable designs even when showing taboo themes is kind of adorable. It treats a very dark subject with humor and is (at least for me) very funny and amusing at it.
Its not as controvertial as for example the upcomming "Hatred" game. Gameplay wise is an excellent game, Items always find me interested in them , mutations are glorious. It is the only procedural generated game that i have played for more than 10 hours now. I have Spelunky , Rouge Legacy, but i find BoI a much polished game than the ones mentioned before. But hey, opinions are opinions. What i mean is i dont get why people is saying BoI is a bad game , in terms of gameplay is not a bad game at all. If you are talking about design choices , well it depends on your taste and i understand people dont liking it , i just dont understand the "bad game" label here. Is easily one of the best rouge likes i ever played in my life.

Cha

This is the worst, wish they made it home + select instead. Nothing ever uses select.

This just blew my mind. I never realized it before, but I don't think I've ever pressed the select button 0_0.

On another note, I have a feeling that I'm not gonna be able to order a physical edition of The Firefly Diaries from the NISAmerica site. It can't seem to calculate shipping charges for my country. Sent them a mail to make sure though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Honestly? I disagree.

Characters are good but environments look too dull, they are too grey/brown-ish even for western standards, the colorful characters and monsters really pop, they almost look pasted on the background, look at this for example:
Sword-Art-Online-Lost-Song_2014_11-20-14_021.jpg

developers should have been faithful to the colorful Hollow Fragment style imo, a little comparison:
1388676442_sword-art-online--hollow-fragment-11.jpg

Sword-Art-Online-Lost-Song_2014_11-20-14_002.jpg_600.jpg

bobohoro

VitaGaf this Tuesday I'm going to put the Vita aside in favor of my 3DS and Persona Q. Am I a bad person?

You are!

I already jumped ship with SMTIV. Q is preordered. But I will return!

And Vita battery in standby is beast. Haven't touched the thing in 2 weeks and it's still not drained.

Honestly? I disagree.

Characters are good but environments look too dull, they are too grey/brown-ish even for western standards, the colorful characters and monsters really pop, they almost look pasted on the background, look at this for example:
[IM]http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/sword-art-online-lost-song/november-20-2014/Sword-Art-Online-Lost-Song_2014_11-20-14_021.jpg[/IMG]

developers should have been faithful to the colorful Hollow Fragment style imo, a little comparison:
[IM]http://www.jeuxcapt.com/upload/module_images/1388676442_sword-art-online--hollow-fragment-11.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://gematsu.com/gallery/cache/sword-art-online-lost-song/november-20-2014/Sword-Art-Online-Lost-Song_2014_11-20-14_002.jpg_600.jpg[/IMG]

I feel like that might be because the scope of the game is larger for you to actually use the flying mechanics for movement between islands and such. Here's an example:

I mean yeah, this is no Infamous Second Son (heck even HF wasn't that pretty if we are to look at it) but for what it is, I think the game looks fine. I for one am pretty stocked for the game, and just like you said, yes the character models look pretty friggin good.

You are!

I already jumped ship with SMTIV. Q is preordered. But I will return!

And Vita battery in standby is beast. Haven't touched the thing in 2 weeks and it's still not drained.

Ehehe, I'm glad to see so many VitaGaffers be part of the best of both worlds. I feel like having both a Vita and a 3DS, for those who enjoy RPGs, is a must. Having only one of them is fine on it's own, but both handhelds have amazing libraries to enjoy. Although I do favor my Vita since it can also remote play my PS4 when I don't have any games on it to play, my 3DS gets some love too. This year its library was pretty lackluster though :p

Quixzlizx

So my Vita was still trying to cancel my backup when I woke up this morning. I had no choice and did a hard shutdown, but everything seemed fine when I restarted from safe mode. Decided to take the advice from above and back up my games individually, then delete them, then back up everything else. Backing up my games went fine, but it looked like the Vita got stuck on deleting them afterward. Hopefully it'll be unstuck by the time I get home from work!

Top Bottom