• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Quixzlizx

So everything went fairly smoothly after I got home from work, albeit very slowly. Until I had to deal with the Vita Download List, which is so bad I'm pretty sure Sony licensed it from Nintendo. How have they not fixed this yet? Even getting rid of the non Vita-compatible stuff would help a good amount. It's faster just to try to remember what games I own and then search for them on the store, lol.

v1perz53

So everything went fairly smoothly after I got home from work, albeit very slowly. Until I had to deal with the Vita Download List, which is so bad I'm pretty sure Sony licensed it from Nintendo. How have they not fixed this yet? Even getting rid of the non Vita-compatible stuff would help a good amount. It's faster just to try to remember what games I own and then search for them on the store, lol.

You're saying you don't love scrolling through everything you have ever purchased in an almost random order (especially if you ever let your PS+ lapse), including DLC items to download things? You don't love that if you scroll a little past something you have to re-load that entire section of the list? Somehow, the Vita download list manages to be worse than the PS3 one, which is already atrocious. And you're right, it is faster to search the store. Until you are like some of us here and own 90+ vita games haha.

Quixzlizx

You're saying you don't love scrolling through everything you have ever purchased in an almost random order (especially if you ever let your PS+ lapse), including DLC items to download things? You don't love that if you scroll a little past something you have to re-load that entire section of the list? Somehow, the Vita download list manages to be worse than the PS3 one, which is already atrocious. And you're right, it is faster to search the store. Until you are like some of us here and own 90+ vita games haha.

Counting PSP/PSX/PS+ stuff, I do own over 90 games. I'm just willing to forsake most of them to the download list abyss.

Shizuka

PlayStation Store Sneak Peek: November 25th 2014

Demos
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS3)
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS4 – PS+ Exclusive)

PSone Classic
Boxing

PS4 Games
Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed
Aqua Kitty DX
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Speakeasy
Tetris Ultimate
Thomas Was Alone

PS3 Games
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Jetpack Joyride Deluxe

Vita Games
Aqua Kitty DX
Jetpack Joyride Deluxe
Pocket RPG

Purchase of the week for me will be Senran Kagura Bon Appetit Gessen x Hebijo DLC pack.

v1perz53

I just realized I have 5 copies of this thread open across three devices, what am I doing with my life. Anyway, which are the January vita RPGs? Are you talking about the Atelier games or something else?

SerTapTap

Anyone in here playing LBP3 on PS4? I like to play co op and don't have anyone to now. My brilliant plan of using Shareplay was foiled by one or both of us having too shitty internet for it.

I just realized I have 5 copies of this thread open across three devices, what am I doing with my life. Anyway, which are the January vita RPGs? Are you talking about the Atelier games or something else?

neptunia rebirth 2 is one I think

Atelier Ayesha Plus and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 for the West.

SerTapTap

So are people expecting Neptunia rebirth 2 to be better or worse than the first? Idk what the rankings for the OG versions was.

First was like cute idea, gameplay/performance is terrible. Second is like "this might be pretty cool after all" but still had moderate issues with gameplay. Third is where they really figured out how to do the combat system. But it's hard to say how good this will be compared to Rebirth 1 since it seems all Rebirth games are based off the third game's gameplay system. Depends what changes they made. My primary complaint was that it takes until almost the end of the game to get your full party, but ALL the Neptunia games do this so I doubt they've fixed it.

Otherwise the primary plus/minus is the game focuses on the "sisters", the younger siblings with different personalities to the main cast of rebirth. Personally I find them pretty good but overall not quite as good as the original cast (but you get the original cast too lategame)

Also Mk2 has, unless they removed it, a gloriously/horrifically out of place "bad end" that requires some effort to make happen. I hope they didn't remove it because it's such a mindfuck.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Story aside, I think Rebirth 2 will be on par with Rebirth 1 since the original was already a very solid game and putting it into the Rebirth mechanics will only make it better. Enjoyed it more than Victory which really overstayed its welcome.
And that ending is still in Rebirth 2, but I have no idea to what degree since it got a lower rating than the original.
First kickboxing now Boxing?
I like US PSN's efforts with them bringing PSX classics over :V
Still better than Europe!

SerTapTap

Story aside, I think Rebirth 2 will be on par with Rebirth 1 since the original was already a very solid game and putting it into the Rebirth mechanics will only make it better. Enjoyed it more than Victory which really overstayed its welcome.
And that ending is still in Rebirth 2, but I have no idea to what degree since it got a lower rating than the original.

Still better than Europe!

There's still improvements to be made over Rebirth in difficulty curve and some other things, depends on if they made those improvements I guess. Rebirth's difficulty is quite uneven, especially if you don't play all the optional dungeons...then by the end if you DO play all the optional dungeons the final boss is a joke.

I seriously doubt that ending got it an M, nothing grim is shown very explicitly. The Dogoo scene probably got the M and they probably censored or removed it (and maybe the Vert and her Basilicom buddy one, but Rebirth has a scene much like that and it's Teen)

Huh, Europe gets more ass on the cover. That's not fair.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
There's still improvements to be made over Rebirth in difficulty curve and some other things, depends on if they made those improvements I guess. Rebirth's difficulty is quite uneven, especially if you don't play all the optional dungeons...then by the end if you DO play all the optional dungeons the final boss is a joke.

I seriously doubt that ending got it an M, nothing grim is shown very explicitly. The Dogoo scene probably got the M and they probably censored or removed it (and maybe the Vert and her Basilicom buddy one, but Rebirth has a scene much like that and it's Teen)

Huh, Europe gets more ass on the cover. That's not fair.
Yeah, that infamous Chapter 2 boss rush was brutal for example, luckily I stayed ahead of the curve after that. But I had no such problems with mk2, it went pretty smooth if i recall so I hope they won't mess with it.

And the ending seems to have stayed intact, all the event scenes are still there, and there's even a brand new
CFW Trick
image... but Teen/12. And I believe IFI would tell us in advance if they would edit stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think the Neptunia series is a hot mess. Emphasis on mess. Definite style points for bringing such a wacky idea to life in the first place and continuing on making more and more of them.

Xenoflare

Caved in and got myself the BL2 VITA bundle, NO GAMES FOR NEXT YEAR LOL.

Fortunately only Persona 5 is the one I want.

I have my Persona Q fund locked since this spring.

I like this LCD. Haters gonna hate.

Yasumi

Banned
Trying to finish Danganronpa Another Episode before I get back to my backlog of Nep, Tales of Hearts, Shinovi Versus, Akiba's Trip, Freedom Wars, etc.

Just started chapter 5 and damn it's getting good, 100% worthy of the Danganronpa name. I'll probably bump the impressions thread with a big writeup once I finish it. *Not an actual spoiler*
Touko best girl

Xenoflare

Did you have a Vita before your new 2000?

Yes, I had a white AC bundle one, I mentioned that I had deep scratches that obscured screen.

For the record, the AC bundle had epic mura that showed up during day time and terrible banding problems.

I can't believe how light this thing is.

The colors are muted and the color temperature is definitely warmer, but it's not as bad as the pictures online.....

Tapejara

Well, looks like Miku 2 was lost in the mail.

I think the Neptunia series is a hot mess. Emphasis on mess. Definite style points for bringing such a wacky idea to life in the first place and continuing on making more and more of them.

It definitely is all over the place, but goddamn do those games radiate charm.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually owned both Vitas (flipped a 3G OLED I got for cheap and never played, bought a BL2 Slim for a total cost to me of 20 bucks) and I vastly prefer the slim. The controls are more comfortable and the screen is still very nice.

Xenoflare

I actually owned both Vitas (flipped a 3G OLED I got for cheap and never played, bought a BL2 Slim for a total cost to me of 20 bucks) and I vastly prefer the slim. The controls are more comfortable and the screen is still very nice.

All the buttons are clickier for me due to it's slim profile, I adore the new home/start/selects

Is it me or the screen is actually sharper? Something to do with the pixel's shape or am I just still in the "OMG NEW VITA" period?

Garraboa

Trying to finish Danganronpa Another Episode before I get back to my backlog of Nep, Tales of Hearts, Shinovi Versus, Akiba's Trip, Freedom Wars, etc.

Just started chapter 5 and damn it's getting good, 100% worthy of the Danganronpa name. I'll probably bump the impressions thread with a big writeup once I finish it. *Not an actual spoiler*
Touko best girl

Are those claims by Kodaka that this is his best story yet true?

Xenoflare

Although the vita 2000's screen seems to be even more scratch prone, maybe it's just me but that plastic is definitely thinner.

Need to get a screen protector ASAP.

v1perz53

Although the vita 2000's screen seems to be even more scratch prone, maybe it's just me but that plastic is definitely thinner.

Need to get a screen protector ASAP.

My first order of business when getting a portable device is always to slap a screen protector on. Scratch on a screen protector = minor annoyance and $5 for a new screen protector, while scratch on the screen itself = ruined device forever. I am incredibly happy with my Hori screen protector on my slim, I can't even tell that it is there.

SerTapTap

Are screen protectors still hilariously-visible, rainbow-effect causing, bubble-having nightmares like they were with the DS? I'd rather buy a new device every few years than look at that crap for thousands of hours, but if they're actually something close to invisible maybe I'll try and get one.

I also appreciate the fact that the PSP games looks more loyal to it's original platform on the Vita.

There's an "original" or something color setting when playing PSP games that makes them look washed out just like good ol' times. My only complaint with PSP games on Vita is that super weirdass dithering effect is still present. What on earth causes that? It seems to be something super baked into the PSP graphics hardware/API

autoduelist

Are screen protectors still hilariously-visible, rainbow-effect causing, bubble-having nightmares like they were with the DS? I'd rather buy a new device every few years than look at that crap for thousands of hours, but if they're actually something close to invisible maybe I'll try and get one.

I never noticed my sony brand one. it was there for well over a year till it came off by accident (little hands). It was put on perfectly, and you can 'push' any initial bubbles out -- the only thing you need to avoid is dust during application.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hey guys i was thinking... If Beamdog ports Baldur's Gate on Vita what other old pc games(640x480, 800x600) would you like to see on Vita?

I guess this is the millionth time i say Might & Magic 6 and Heroes of Might & Magic 3, but also a good Sim City, Caesar 3, Red Alert, Starcraft and so on. XD

Sarcasm

So the pink vita I just imported just came to the store here locally as did the 64gb card.

I could have saved almost a hundred bucks and have a warranty locally.

Since it is buy together and save money.

Top it off I can't find a nice case, find a hard shell though

Tizoc

Hey guys i was thinking... If Beamdog ports Baldur's Gate on Vita what other old pc games(640x480, 800x600) would you like to see on Vita?

I guess this is the millionth time i say Might & Magic 6 and Heroes of Might & Magic 3, but also a good Sim City, Caesar 3, Red Alert, Starcraft and so on. XD

Broken Sword, Blackwell series, to name a few.

Well, looks like Miku 2 was lost in the mail.

It definitely is all over the place, but goddamn do those games radiate charm.

Tried Rebirth on the Vita, it's not for me. The mechanics are interesting and some of the dialogue is genuinely funny, but those difficulty spikes and grindiness... Yikes.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
They haven't been like that for a long time. The advent of smartphones has forced even the cheapest 3 for $5 type products to have crystal clear image quality. I recommend any of Hori's line of screen protectors. They've got a special easy application method and are absolutely invisible. Whether or not you apply them in a dust free environment will still affect how well it turns out though.

Top Bottom