• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Yasumi

Banned
Are those claims by Kodaka that this is his best story yet true?
It doesn't have as many peaks as 1 and 2, since no court cases, but it doesn't have as many lulls either. Probably the most consistently interesting story in the series, and the twisted, creepy stuff is far more twisted than anything in 1 + 2. Still need to finish it, but it's at least on the same level as the other two so far.

Top of page edit: Buy Danganronpa 1 and 2, if you haven't already.

incpdo

Hey guys i was thinking... If Beamdog ports Baldur's Gate on Vita what other old pc games(640x480, 800x600) would you like to see on Vita?

I guess this is the millionth time i say Might & Magic 6 and Heroes of Might & Magic 3, but also a good Sim City, Caesar 3, Red Alert, Starcraft and so on. XD
Shadow warrior , doom and doom 2 should follow duke nukem 3d but i know is just my dream. Comand and conquer + vita touch controls could be sooo, good. We will get grim fandango so I'm hoping for monkey island 3 to be there ( I know it will not happen). Original PC dungeon keeper could be sooo good too.

Hey guys i was thinking... If Beamdog ports Baldur's Gate on Vita what other old pc games(640x480, 800x600) would you like to see on Vita?

I guess this is the millionth time i say Might & Magic 6 and Heroes of Might & Magic 3, but also a good Sim City, Caesar 3, Red Alert, Starcraft and so on. XD

What's this stemming from? A rumor?

Baldur's Gate II was one of the first things I can remember thinking it would be cool to see on the Vita, because the re-release was just about to come out on Steam.

Shizuka

Baldur's Gate II was one of the first things I can remember thinking it would be cool to see on the Vita, because the re-release was just about to come out on Steam.

It has been hinted at over at the 150 Vita games topic.

They haven't been like that for a long time. The advent of smartphones has forced even the cheapest 3 for $5 type products to have crystal clear image quality. I recommend any of Hori's line of screen protectors. They've got a special easy application method and are absolutely invisible. Whether or not you apply them in a dust free environment will still affect how well it turns out though.

I gave up on buying them because I always screw them up

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Beamdog have a Vita devkit and will consider porting their games on it.

I opened a thread about it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936508

"We've got a vita dev unit now. Once we complete our current planned work we'll start poking it. We have an few internal Vita fanboys, so they keep hassling us for it."

"FPS-RPG".

I honestly think that a huge majority (if not all, LOL) of Action RPG can be completely called Action games and noone would even disagree.

So... uhh...

MQX

No, the loading times are awful, and you will never find anyone online because not only is it not cross-platform with the PS3, they also broke cross-region (and have clearly stated that they never intend on fixing it).

Since then Aksys Games has been running on damage control and have made it very clear that GGXrd and UNIB will definitely be cross-region compatible.

I'd say don't bother with it at all, even the PS3 version, because the game has so very little added content compared to vanilla AC3 that it's almost insulting that this was a full release and not just a patch. It's basically just a balance patch!!

Arcana Heart is forever cursed by bad stuff that prevents it from succeeding, the vanilla AC3 was also DOA due to being released the week of the 2011 PSN hack.
Welp. I guess I'll buy this game when it's really cheap :/.

Anybody got any idea? :(
Have you tried the webstore?(So you could see if this problem is also in the webstore :/) Don't have PS4, so I can't really help that much :/. Sorry :(.

Drakengard 3 worth the £20 sale price - or should i wait for a cheap import (was deal of the week on play asia for like £13 but sold out now -_-).

Drakengard 3 worth the £20 sale price - or should i wait for a cheap import (was deal of the week on play asia for like £13 but sold out now -_-).

This game is a weird beast for me. I've wanted to buy it for a while because of how great Nier was, the whole art, and the totally bonkers storyline. Thing is, all you see online is negative impressions for it lol.

Shizuka

This game is a weird beast for me. I've wanted to buy it for a while because of how great Nier was, the whole art, and the totally bonkers storyline. Thing is, all you see online is negative impressions for it lol.

Hey, the soundtrack is good
and you can appreciate it without buying the game.

Xenoflare

The game play for Drakengard 3 is strangely satisfying, but the game is a technical mess.

I actually did not regret buying at at full price. It's one of those 5/10 games that I found enjoyable.

Plus if you are a Persona fan you get to hear Mitsuru being a big bitch to everyone.

The game play for Drakengard 3 is strangely satisfying, but the game is a technical mess.

I actually did not regret buying at at full price. It's one of those 5/10 games that I found enjoyable.

Plus if you are a Persona fan you get to hear Mitsuru being a big bitch to everyone.

Mitsuro was always a big bitch to everyone all the time in Persona too aha. Not that it's a bad thing mind you :p

I have the same sentiments.With a physical copy I can atleast sell it if I dont like it T_T. Looks like a decent hack &slash though.
Also, is the localization any good? Iirc the japanese voice was a dlc?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
NISA Europes online store must really have been a smashing success considering they haven't offered us any new limited edition since they opened. And all of those are still in stock.

Xenoflare

If it's just for the screen yes it will...Don't buy phat vita protectors for your slim though since the shape of the screen+bezel is slightly different, i think

Thanks.

No problem,

Well, the stores near me only carries the phat screen protectors, not like I had a choice unless I go online.

Spent $20 on 4 of them and fucked up the first 3 lol, the 3rd was perfect but it had a dust in the middle, the forth one has a dust near the edge but the position slightly off leaving like a tiny, tiny line on the bottom left where the screen is exposed. I'll hang on to this now.....

Why BB can't carry the HORI one instore is beyond me.

Zhao_Yun

NISA Europes online store must really have been a smashing success considering they haven't offered us any new limited edition since they opened. And all of those are still in stock.

Sucks that Europeans can't get any NISA LEs by any means now bit it's good that people are voting with their wallets

Shizuka

I'll be getting those Skinomi filters next month for my Vita-2000 and Wii U, let's hope I can adapt to that spray technique.

SerTapTap

They haven't been like that for a long time. The advent of smartphones has forced even the cheapest 3 for $5 type products to have crystal clear image quality. I recommend any of Hori's line of screen protectors. They've got a special easy application method and are absolutely invisible. Whether or not you apply them in a dust free environment will still affect how well it turns out though.

I guess I'll try one sometime. Hard to tell what's early development issues and what's an inherent flaw in a product sometimes

nampad

All those point and click adventures.

No problem,

Well, the stores near me only carries the phat screen protectors, not like I had a choice unless I go online.

Spent $20 on 4 of them and fucked up the first 3 lol, the 3rd was perfect but it had a dust in the middle, the forth one has a dust near the edge but the position slightly off leaving like a tiny, tiny line on the bottom left where the screen is exposed. I'll hang on to this now.....

Why BB can't carry the HORI one instore is beyond me.

The dust and positioning was why i suggested you dont do it, when i upgraded mine i took my existing one off and found out how hard it is to get it right with the old one.

Garraboa

It doesn't have as many peaks as 1 and 2, since no court cases, but it doesn't have as many lulls either. Probably the most consistently interesting story in the series, and the twisted, creepy stuff is far more twisted than anything in 1 + 2. Still need to finish it, but it's at least on the same level as the other two so far.

Top of page edit: Buy Danganronpa 1 and 2, if you haven't already.

That sounds really promising. I hope NISA gets on with this and announces it soon, especially when Youtube insists on shoving AE spoilers on my front page :J

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was so sure there was going to be a flash sale this week, since most of the others were around the 20th of each month, but they've probably delayed it to next friday for Black Friday.

Sarcasm

So after a week with my 2K.

Awesome purchase and so glad I went with a 2K over the 1K. Yes I seen and played on a 1K..wife's cousin has one.

So after a week with my 2K.

Awesome purchase and so glad I went with a 2K over the 1K. Yes I seen and played on a 1K..wife's cousin has one.

So I had 2 first gen vitas at one point and found the screen to be much brighter /better on one. Having said that when I switched I noticed a difference. However the second gen vitas screen isn't bad at all, it's just not as good. The micro USB port,lightness and back grips make it a better choice for me. Also, apparently the battery is better but I haven't really noticed.

Xenoflare

The dust and positioning was why i suggested you dont do it, when i upgraded mine i took my existing one off and found out how hard it is to get it right with the old one.

I managed to squeeze all the bubbles away, it's completely fine now for me, the bottom part that is exposed actually never displays stuff, (like 1-2 rows of pixels? The bottom of the Sony logo on the top is partly covered, if you know what I'm saying) I'm fine as it is. It's just weird when check it since from the front it looks like the edges are covered, but if I tilt it it looks like the bottom is not really fully covered, is this some sort of optical illusion?

Idealistically I'll get the HORI one since it covers the entire bezel, but I'm fine for now.

If I'm getting a brand new vita for the first time, I'd say go with slim, I still prefer it over the OG after two years of using it.

and on something about the slim charger.... I can use it to charge my phone right?

LOL, I still haven't decided which Vita to buy. For some reason, I'm really missing my white Vita-1000 and end up drifting towards it when looking at ads.

Weird as it sounds as I didn't like it at first, I'm actually going to miss the blue PS button that highlights my White Vita-1000 into blue glow during the night. And the blotch at lower right of the screen center.

It doesn't help that I can't stand X for confirm consoles (which I heard can't be changed), so it throws out all those non-Asian second hand sellers.

And here I am buying more games without a Vita. (67 USD for a 64 GB card! Hurray for low yen exchange!)

@___@

I managed to squeeze all the bubbles away, it's completely fine now for me, the bottom part that is exposed actually never displays stuff, (like 1-2 rows of pixels? The bottom of the Sony logo on the top is partly covered, if you know what I'm saying) I'm fine as it is. It's just weird when check it since from the front it looks like the edges are covered, but if I tilt it it looks like the bottom is not really fully covered, is this some sort of optical illusion?

Idealistically I'll get the HORI one since it covers the entire bezel, but I'm fine for now.

If I'm getting a brand new vita for the first time, I'd say go with slim, I still prefer it over the OG after two years of using it.

and on something about the slim charger.... I can use it to charge my phone right?

Yup and vice versa. Although make sure the voltages are the Chargers with lower wattages will also charge it slower. Vita is either 2W or 2. 5W so anything lower than that will be slower.

I need a Playstation TV. I don't know why, but I need one to get my family complete.

Idk about you, but to me the appeal of the Vita is that I don't need to actually play on my TV. Idk, there's something about having a small screen right in front of my eyes that just magically makes things better. For example, I actually play a lot through remote play (Destiny grinding for example, or more recently Dragon Age) , simply because of being able to lay down in bed and to play on dat OLED.

Am I the only one who does this? I barely hear any mentions of remote play around here, could be because I am a fool, or could be because VitaGaf stick more to Vita games :p

Shizuka

Yes you do, my PlayStation family wasn't complete without it.

PSVita + PSTV + PS3 + PS4 = Happy Family. :)

I meant my Vita family. I don't really care for my PS3 and I don't want a PS4 anytime soon.

Idk about you, but to me the appeal of the Vita is that I don't need to actually play on my TV. Idk, there's something about having a small screen right in front of my eyes that just magically makes things better. For example, I actually play a lot through remote play (Destiny grinding for example, or more recently Dragon Age) , simply because of being able to lay down in bed and to play on dat OLED.

Am I the only one who does this? I barely hear any mentions of remote play around here, could be because I am a fool, or could be because VitaGaf stick more to Vita games :p

Or maybe because they're all talking about remote play at its own topic. I do get what you're saying, but it'd be nice to play a couple of Vita games on the TV.

Or maybe because they're all talking about remote play at its own topic. I do get what you're saying, but it'd be nice to play a couple of Vita games on the TV.

There's a remote play topic?! I clearly need to start browsing the gaming and community topics a bit more often.

SerTapTap

So I got Beyond Two Souls because it was $10

it is not worth $10

How does a game with production values this good get a story this bad

SerTapTap

meh I spent $30 on it and thought it was entertaining enough. Maybe Ellen Page was just that good

I wouldn't even know who Ellen Page is if it weren't for TLOU. I give no fucks about Hollywood talent.

I actually liked the story. Nothing ground breaking, but an enjoyable ride and a huge step up from Heavy Rain.

The "shy girl at the cool kids party" part was physically painfully bad. It has since gotten better, though some weird bits here and there. But it amazes me something with otherwise great production values suddenly has such stock B-movie writing in parts.

Top Bottom