• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

There is a topic for everything around here.
Except for the Vita.

Sad but true.

The difference between screens isn't that great, if your getting your first vita just get the 2K.

The battery is a beast.

Yeah I have heard the same from everyone with the new model. What Shiz said is true though. Also, setting it to airplane mode seems to help (I always leave the wi-fi on so idk if it's true or not).

I'll be quite honest, I never leave the house with my Vita, so when I run out of battery, I just plug it in and charge it while I play or when I go to sleep, all this with it on standby and the wi-fi on, and I must say I don't need to charge it as often as one would think. Also I wouldn't be able to just abandon my beautiful OLED screen now after this long. I prefer the design of the 2K, but the fact that the screen isn't the same diminished any reasons that I could have to get it :p

Flandy

Someone is selling digital copies of Destiny for $25 in the B/S/T thread. I just got myself a copy.
My poor wallet

Someone is selling digital copies of Destiny for $25 in the B/S/T thread. I just got myself a copy.
My poor wallet

More like,
your poor soul
. Welcome to the grind my friend, 150hrs and counting over here (put on hold during exams, but I know I'll be back). Hope it clicks for you, the game has it's flaws I won't deny it, but if it clicks, you will love it.

SerTapTap

Huh, Beyond Two Souls has been mostly non-terrible after that party scene. I have to wonder how long it will last though

My poor wallet

You could save yourself some trouble by just throwing your money directly into a fire

Novocaine

Hey guys i was thinking... If Beamdog ports Baldur's Gate on Vita what other old pc games(640x480, 800x600) would you like to see on Vita?

I guess this is the millionth time i say Might & Magic 6 and Heroes of Might & Magic 3, but also a good Sim City, Caesar 3, Red Alert, Starcraft and so on. XD

Doom of course. The fact Doom isn't on Vita is a crime. It should be on every device possible.

wilflare

I paid full price for both Destiny and TLoU Remastered :(
my only consolation is that I bought them with discounted PSN cards

but still :(

Loomba

Anyone know why I can't sustain a connection with vita remote play after 2.0?

It's bad enough it won't start up from rest mode, but even when I switch it on, most times it won't connect and when it does, it only lasts about 15 seconds.

Pre 2.0 I used to connect all the time and it barely dropped connection at all... Anything I can do?

Thanks

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I finished the story mode in Freedom Wars. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the 30 dollar price tag is more than fair. I am not hardcore enough to keep playing it just to upgrade my equipment, but I really like it.

Too bad the story ends on a cliffhanger though. I hope there will be a sequel. I really like the universe and the style of the game.

ZeroAKA

It would have suffered even more if I had decided to get an overpriced rhythm game instead
Never forget.
iGjl0GxrHW3Z.png
Don't worry about the GotM poll this month. I'll mark you down for PDF 2nd.

Gamerloid

I paid full price for both Destiny and TLoU Remastered :(
my only consolation is that I bought them with discounted PSN cards

but still :(

I don't pay full price anymore thanks to GCU, but I bought both those games at launch and no regrets. TLOU remastered was outstanding, and I'm enjoying Destiny thanks to friends here.

Shizuka

New PlayStation Games This Week

Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Explore the supernatural mysteries of Akihabara in AKIBA’S TRIP: Undead & Undressed. A dark conspiracy plots to consume Japan’s pop-culture mecca with an army of synthetic vampires. As a fugitive from their experiments, it’s up to you to hunt these “Synthisters” down, brawling with them in the streets and tearing off their clothes to roast them in the harsh light of day.

Aqua Kitty — Milk Mine Defender DX
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Due to a sudden shortage of milk, cats around the world are forced to seek out new sources to get their fix. You and your team of milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming full-fat milk.

Boxing
PSone Classic — Digital
Take a shot at the Championship Title as you master your attacks whether you’re a Lightweight, Middleweight, or Heavyweight contender.

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
PS4, PS3 — Digital
Enjoy the next chapter in the award-winning Geometry Wars franchise and battle through waves of enemies in this frenetic arcade shooter. Over 50 single-player levels including Adventure and Classic Arcade modes, 3D grids, and over 10 battle modes including Pacifism, King and Claustrophobia.

Jetpack Joyride Deluxe
PS3, PS Vita — Digital
Join Barry Steakfries as he breaks into a secret laboratory to commandeer the experimental jetpacks from the clutches of science evildoers.

Pocket RPG
PS Vita — Digital
Each quest in Pocket RPG is a new adventure. The hero starts at level zero with an empty satchel and collects items rapidly, building their strength to dizzying proportions. In Pocket RPG, items matter and the way you use them is even more important.
Pocket RPG provides hours of fantasy hack ‘n slash mayhem.

Speakeasy
PS4 — Digital
While it might look like a fighter on the outside, Speakeasy is an incredibly simple to learn, but difficult to master game that will require you to match wits with your opponent, who happens to be standing right next to you. Each player will take on the role of a fighter vying for the Fisticuffs League Champion crown!

Thomas Was Alone
PS4 — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)
Thomas Was Alone is the critically-acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of the level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell, and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.

The Drop is out.

incpdo

So VitaGaffers what indie game would you like to land on Vita that is not announced yet for this platform?

I would like :

weapons.gif

cuphead.jpg

owlboydemo1.jpg

Seasons-after-Fall-gamescom-2014-Trailer.jpg

198193-ico1.jpg

ghostsong2.gif

incpdo

Freedom Planet certainly deserves some kind of port. Game is criminally overlooked.

Well didnt know about this game , looks great , i might add Robotto Western to my List and forgot about Shovel Knight , i need some megaman action in this platform. In some alternate reality Megaman Power Up 2 comes to Vita heheh.

robotto-boss_zpse3ed4e70.png

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm not into the indie scene so i would say the XCOM clone(Xeno-something) and if exist any good non-innovative non-clone-of-Mario 2d platformer and any beat'em up that plays like 80s/90s beat'em ups(not just looks like or being inspired by).

SerTapTap

So WTF is Jetpack Joyride Deluxe? Because it's not the first time JJ is on those platforms and I can't find a single sentence explaining what's different in deluxe. Hoping it's some sort of re-design based around being a premium game not F2P, though the original JJ is easily one of the better F2P models anyway.

I guess Beyond Two Souls isn't completely terrible as it is extremely inconsistent. The Party was awful teen-angsty movie garbage, the woods/laboratory levels were actually pretty good. Now the winter part is...pretty...bor...ing. Also I can't tell how significant the "choices" really are, it feels like if I fuck up I get many many more tries and most "options" lead to the same result.

Hollow Knight
Only for PC at the moment but they said other consoles/handhelds are possible if there's enough funding.
Would love to play this on my Vita.

Looks sweet. I can't think of many things I really want to play on Vita frankly since I have so many other platforms and don't play much mobile. Though I'd rather play literally any 3DS game on Vita instead (since second screen all but stopped being gameplay relevant about 5 years ago on DS games)

Takao

Banned
I imagine Jetpack Joyride Deluxe is the same game with the updates mobile has received. I don't know why the PlayStation version was left to rot the way it has.

This is actually the third release of the game playable on Vita. There was a Minis version and of course the F2P one after.

Shizuka

I imagine Jetpack Joyride Deluxe is the same game with the updates mobile has received. I don't know why the PlayStation version was left to rot the way it has.

This is actually the third release of the game playable on Vita. There was a Minis version and of course the F2P one after.

I wonder if Deluxe will be F2P as well. I think it wouldn't make a lot of sense, but I'd give it a go again if it was.

SerTapTap

I figured they'd just use, you know, updates for that. I know updates on console are harder than mobile, but they must be easier than releasing a whole "new" game instead. Hopefully coins/purchases carry over if so, that's why I couldn't get into the Vita version. Already played and unlocked basically everything (I played quite a bit on iPad then won a million coins from a twitter giveaway)

These cross EVERY platform F2P with purchases games really need to implement cross-plat cloud saves. I'd love to play any mobile game on vita over mobile (provided I want to play it) but if I already played it or worse, bought items that don't transfer to Vita, that's a big minus. Same for anything going iOS to android or vice versa, I want to play with what I have on hand not what I originally played with.

Takao

Banned
Deluxe could still be F2P. Maybe they'll pull down the original version of F2P Jetpack and replace it with Deluxe . Maybe there was something in the original release that prevented them from adding content updates? Maybe they'll do something about the problems on Vita?

so many maybes

Top Bottom