• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Shizuka

I think I'll have to refrain from voting yet another month. Since I have yet to find a copy of Hearts R or Miku 2nd for sale around here, I'm not sure I'll be voting for Bon Appetit since I'm still playing Shinovi Versus.

I didn't like Binding of Isaac Rebirth. At all.

nampad

Am I the only one that feels like the Gravity Rush 2 thread is just a stealth port beg?

VITA HAS NO GAMES BUT I WANT TEARAWAY AND GRAVITY RUSH AND BLABLABLA...
Best of all, those so called core gamers are to blame when we don't have a core handheld in the next generation and live by old ass Nintendo hardware and the touch dominion.

SerTapTap

Am I the only one that feels like the Gravity Rush 2 thread is just a stealth port beg?

Best of all, those so called core gamers are to blame when we don't have a core handheld in the next generation and live by old ass Nintendo hardware and the touch dominion.

All vita game threads are portbeg threads =/ "it has no games please put them on (other console) btw"

Lets not bring this into it. You're free to choose what games and consoles you play on, but lets not bring the console warz into this thread. Not to mention that the 3DS has a fantastic library.

There, I (tried to) fix it for you.

The thing is though, there WILL come a time when gaming-dedicated machines (inc. home consoles) will become obsolete. The only way they can avoid that is by being more than a gaming-dedicated machine yet still somehow give "traditional" gamers what they want.

Prelude.

That's how every Vita thread goes, it's not sanctioned so people keep doing it.

nampad

Lets not bring this into it. You're free to choose what games and consoles you play on, but lets not bring the console warz into this thread. Not to mention that the 3DS has a fantastic library.

I said nothing about the library and who can seriously deny that the 3DS hardware sucks?
Heck, I don't even need the best hardware (a higher res screen and a little more power under the hood would be appreciated though) but omitting the second analog stick and needing 3 revisions to finally admitting their mistake (and making people rebuy the system because the frankenstick gets no real support anymore) is just plain stupid.

People knew that the dual analog control scheme is important for 3D games long enough. Well, the GBA also only had 2 face buttons and the DS no analog nub and the Wii U a shitty touchscreen and no triggers.

I said nothing about the library and who can seriously deny that the 3DS hardware sucks?
Heck, I don't even need the best hardware (a higher res screen a little more power under the hood would be appreciated though) but omitting the second analog stick and needing 3 revisions to finally admitting their mistake (and making people rebuy the system because the frankenstick gets no real support anymore) is just plain stupid.

People knew that the dual analog control scheme is important for 3D games long enough. Well, the GBA also only had 2 face buttons and the DS no analog nub and the Wii U a shitty touchscreen and no triggers.

there are like 3-4 games on the 3DS that actually need a 2nd analogue stick. As far as the power backing it, the Vita isn't exactly a thing of beauty either. Regardless, I'm not getting into this past this post. If you're going to complain about people bashing the Vita, you'd do well not to bash other (far more successful and well-liked) consoles.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most Vita game threads don't turn into port begging threads actually. Mainly because of two reasons.

1. Most of those games are on other systems, including mobile and pc.
2. Of the games that aren't most of those are incredibly niche Japanese games that only really caters to Vita's audience.

nampad

there are like 3-4 games on the 3DS that actually need a 2nd analogue stick. As far as the power backing it, the Vita isn't exactly a thing of beauty either. Regardless, I'm not getting into this past this post. If you're going to complain about people bashing the Vita, you'd do well not to bash other (far more successful and well-liked) consoles.

Why do you think there aren't more games which are designed for a second analog stick?
Btw, the Vita was quite powerful at release. That it can't beat twice as expensive mobile devices anymore with the speed the tech advances, isn't surprising.

Prelude.

Most Vita game threads don't turn into port begging threads actually. Mainly because of two reasons.

1. Most of those games are on other systems, including mobile and pc.
2. Of the games that aren't most of those are incredibly niche Japanese games that only really caters to Vita's audience.
You didn't visit many vita threads. As soon as an exclusive is mentioned the port begging starts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You didn't visit many vita threads.

I at least look into every thread for every game for every system i own, including the Vita. Most Vita threads just talk about the game, maybe a bit of lamenting over how excellent it is and oh woe is me why isn't this platform doing better.

That and rubbing gifs and that annoying you got a vita gif.

Prelude.

I at least look into every thread for every game for every system i own, including the Vita. Most Vita threads just talk about the game, maybe a bit of lamenting over how excellent it is and oh woe is me why isn't this platform doing better.

That and rubbing gifs and that annoying you got a vita gif.
With "vita threads" I mean threads about the vita in general, not game-specific threads.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
With "vita threads" I mean threads about the vita in general, not game-specific threads.

Most general threads are about how awful the system sells/the perception that everything on this system is a port or creepy moe rape simulator, not about port begging.

Most Vita related port begging goes the other way with the few stalwart fans of the system wanting everything and anything on the little wonder rectangle no matter how bad of an idea it is.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I didn't like Binding of Isaac Rebirth. At all.

Y u no like good games? Best Vita game this year. Best game this year. Long live the indie revolution. Fuck all your Japanese shit.
Except Danganronpa

Also I'm scared to click on that Gravity Rush thread. I'm going the choose to believe it's full of people demanding the sequel be on Vita. I will not click on the thread to confirm this. I will just believe it.

Shizuka

Y u no like good games? Best Vita game this year. Best game this year. Long live the indie revolution. Fuck all your Japanese shit.
Except Danganronpa

Also I'm scared to click on that Gravity Rush thread. I'm going the choose to believe it's full of people demanding the sequel be on Vita. I will not click on the thread to confirm this. I will just believe it.

I just can't adjust to randomly-generated games like Spelunky and Binding of Isaac, that's all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Except Danganronpa

I did a rough tally of the first 100 posts.

Vita is in third. Both is in second by a small margin. PS4 exclusive is far in ahead.

SerTapTap

I still have little idea WTF is going on but Beyond Two Souls isn't sucking particularly bad anymore

Anyone up to date on when the Axiom Verge demos are supposed to trickle out? I'm getting the previews but thought I would have gotten preview 2 by now. I didn't miss anything did I?

The thread is people talking about how much they want a sequel to a game they think is shit to be on PS4.

Pretty much

Quixzlizx

I've finally figured out what to do. Just go through my download list and make a spreadsheet of everything I might ever want to download, so I can search from the list on the PSN store. This step is needed because the download list refreshes back to the top whenever I initiate a download. Oh lawd.

I will say that it's nice having a memory card big enough that I end up dealing with the download list long enough for it to cause mental breakdowns, rather than simply running out of space.

maouvin

FW was released in October. 3 people voted for it last month.

Well, releasing at the end of October surely didn't help it with getting votes. I was planning on voting for it this month, but if it isn't allowed I'll think of something else.

-----

And the demo for Xrd will come just in time to test this baby (got it last friday, just before travelling for the weekend):

uh99cfs.jpg

I had the JP demo, but deleted it for whatever reason. Will just wait until Tuesday instead of redownloading it.

mattp

so, i havent paid attention much lately. are there any deals on ps plus subs this year? last year the 30/year discount was awesome

autoduelist

there are like 3-4 games on the 3DS that actually need a 2nd analogue stick.

Well, that's sort of his point. There are no PSP games that 'actually need' a 2nd analogue stick. And that is an unfortunate mistake on Sony's part, because they should have known better - 2 analog sticks redefined how we play games and have been borderline essential since games started expanding past 3d.

The lack of a 2nd analog stick cripples any modern handheld. Sure, there are many games (especially within certain genres) that have no need of a second analog stick, or use workarounds to handle camera management or firing or whatever else. But plenty of games /genres benefit greatly from it.

Well, that's sort of his point. There are no PSP games that 'actually need' a 2nd analogue stick. And that is an unfortunate mistake on Sony's part, because they should have known better - 2 analog sticks redefined how we play games and have been borderline essential since games started expanding past 3d.

The lack of a 2nd analog stick cripples any modern handheld. Sure, there are many games (especially within certain genres) that have no need of a second analog stick, or use workarounds to handle camera management or firing or whatever else. But plenty of games /genres benefit greatly from it.

The only genres I really think benefit from it are FPS/TPS or adventure/rpg games with similar perspectives, which tend not to be terribly common on handhelds. You can make the case that they're not common because of the dual analogs, but given that even with the vita, shooters control pretty poorly, I think it's just not a genre suited to the medium.

That said, I'm not trying to argue that the 3DS can't benefit from dual analogs, but that it sticks out as something people always point to as being antiquated, and yet it isn't really the issue people make of it.
Games that traditionally are on PC (such as RTSes) also actually benefit from dual analog.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are no PSP games that 'actually need' a 2nd analogue stick.

Quite a few of the games with CPP support on the 3DS had PSP games in the same franchise that desperately needed a better way to control the camera. Namely Kingdom Hearts:BBS and Monster Hunter. In the case of MH at least without the CPP you still have the lock on camera and the touch screen.

Most of the games on the 3DS work just fine camera wise. Having the bottom touch screen really helps most games that need fine camera control.

Quite a few of the games with CPP support on the 3DS had PSP games in the same franchise that desperately needed a better way to control the camera. Namely Kingdom Hearts:BBS and Monster Hunter. In the case of MH at least without the CPP you still have the lock on camera and the touch screen.

Most of the games on the 3DS work just fine camera wise. Having the bottom touch screen really helps most games that need fine camera control.

Gyro works too. And I actually vastly prefer the lockon system in MH to analog control (though granted, I've only used their gimped dpad controls mapped to analog)

Top Bottom