• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Takao

Banned
Jetpack Joyride Deluxe info:

Big Ant Studios are putting out a new version of Halfbrick’s hit mobile runner Jetpack Joyride on PS3 and Vita. Jetpack Joyride Deluxe adds a large amount of content found on mobile releases of the game, including S.A.M and the Wave Rider. Since it’s the festive season, The Sleigh of Awesome will also be available.

This will be the third version of Jetpack Joyride to hit PlayStation platforms. Beatshapers released a paid PSP Minis version in November 2012, while Big Ant put out a free-to-play PS3/Vita port the month after. The game originally launched on iOS in September 2011.

Jetpack Joyride Deluxe will be available tomorrow in North America for $1.99. A launch in European countries is scheduled for next week. For those that care, the Deluxe version does have a separate trophy list than the free-to-play release.

UPDATE: We received some more information from Big Ant. The F2P release of Jetpack Joyride will be removed from the PlayStation Store to avoid confusion. As Deluxe still features in-app purchases for vehicles, costumes and coin packs, players of the F2P release will be able to transfer all of their coins should they upgrade. Big Ant promises Deluxe will receive updates to better match the other versions. It also addresses a number of known issues with the F2P version as well as improving its frame rate.

What clearance is this? Why wouldn't it pass?

It's never been officially stated but the PSP release of BOF3 changed a few sprites, notably Stallion, who had Ultraman's colour scheme on PSone:

4hhHfJ4.png

Stallion got recoloured to brown on PSP.

Microsoft.

I honestly don't think this is it. Microsoft doesn't really compete with the vita, so they would only benefit from a vita bundle that made them money.

It's never been officially stated but the PSP release of BOF3 changed a few sprites, notably Stallion, who had Ultraman's colour scheme on PSone:

Stallion got recoloured to brown on PSP.

Ahhh... I understand. Well the PSP version seems better anyway, tbh. Especially for vita playing. Hopefully it comes.

Takao

Banned
I saw some CoroCoro scans that did say Minecraft was getting a Vita bundle at certain JP retailers next week. Kind of odd Sony themselves have yet to talk about that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Been working at Game for two days now. Haven't sold a Vita or Vita game yet, but I've got a good feeling about tomorrow. If in my time there I sell a single Vita I'll be happy.

yaffi

Just got my copy of Tales of Hearts R and I am really surprised that they included a booklet! Nothing special since its only the controls in some European languages but it's nice nonetheless.

Wow. The last time I got a booklet with a Vita game was when I bought Shinovi Versus (JP).

Shinriji

I hope the black friday deals are up today, friday's going to be hectic enough. How's the Crunchroll app/service in general? Anyone use it on PS4/Vita? They always have black friday deals, I almost bit last year but chickened out. I was mostly interested in attack on Titan and Kill La Kill (yes I know I'm late) if those are even still in circulation.

I use CR in all my sony devices, and the ps3 one is the best one for now. PS4 version have some weird glitchs and don't support 60fps streams, some doramas and animes are weird because of that. vita version is ok, only lags on the menus, but streams runs pretty good. All the apps are the same, content-wise, and the apps are frequently updated, even the vita version.

SerTapTap

Surely that's not our black friday sale? ...the best stuff that hasn't already been on sale a dozen times has already been PS+

the fuck. nice console tax

I use CR in all my sony devices, and the ps3 one is the best one for now. PS4 version have some glitchs and don't support 60fps streams. vita version is ok, only lags on the menus, but the streams runs very good. All the apps are the same, content-

Augh. I have a PS3 but would much prefer to use it on PS4

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hopefully there'll be some random "other" sales, too. There usually are.

All I'm really saying here is dammit I need EDF Vita to go on sale again. =/

SerTapTap

Flash sale seems likely.

Also, does Arcana Hearts 3 have any load time issues or anything? Kind of tempted at $14.

Heard load times are iffy on Vita. I plan to buy it eventually so I can have that ludicrous cover. LOVE MAX!!!!!. I want to know how they settled on 5 exclamation points, was there a board meeting?

antibolo

Banned
Flash sale seems likely.

Also, does Arcana Hearts 3 have any load time issues or anything? Kind of tempted at $14.

Assuming you're talking about the Vita version, yes the loading times as awful. Can't recommend it because of that (well that and breaking cross-region online).

antibolo

Banned
Heard load times are iffy on Vita. I plan to buy it eventually so I can have that ludicrous cover. LOVE MAX!!!!!. I want to know how they settled on 5 exclamation points, was there a board meeting?

If you want dat cover I recommend you get the PS3 version instead.

ZeroAKA

I was in the mood for a new game, so I looked up a few Senran Kagura Bon Appetit videos. The gameplay doesn't seem too interesting, and the songs sound kind of mediocre. Am I missing something? And can someone point me to some of the better songs in the game?

Just import a 64gb card. It'll be cheaper than when Sony decide to bring it over to wherever you are+All your games on one card is seriously convenient+ you get to use it now. However, I'm in the UK and haven't seen much of a discount on memory cards, no idea how it is in the US.

SerTapTap

Oh I already got a deal like that ages ago, it's in my PS TV. Now I have spare 4 gb, 8gb, and possibly a second 8GB if I get a Vita 2000 borderlands bundlelands thinger

MQX

Prepare to be happy http://www.famitsu.com/news/201411/26066353.html

Includes all current DLC + bonus outfits for first print copies
Wait. All DLC + bonus outfits included in the game? O:

Always had a interest in this game because I liked the anime :p. But the price of this game is always high and I don't know if this game requires Japanese knowledge a.k.a. it's not easy to play for people with zero knowledge of the Japanese language :/

SerTapTap

Waiting for work to end so I can get in on day Xrd demo.

Just because I was curious I took a peek and the first 2 full pages of my download list is full of LBP costumes and free panties. Why no filters, whyyy

Been like that for me all day. Every time I log in it automatically logs me out.

I even called my credit card company to ask if my credit got cut or something, the last time it happened it was because someone tried to use my card to buy shit in Hong Kong and they cancelled it. This time it's on their side. Fuck my plus just had to run out today of all days.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Wait. All DLC + bonus outfits included in the game? O:

Always had a interest in this game because I liked the anime :p. But the price of this game is always high and I don't know if this game requires Japanese knowledge a.k.a. it's not easy to play for people with zero knowledge of the Japanese language :/
All currently released DLC will be included, but they're releasing additional new DLC sets later.

The yen is ultra weak right now and this is a budget release in the first place so the base price of the game is only going to be around $33 when it releases. As for Japanese knowledge it's first and foremost a VN with the photo minigame being secondary so you probably won't get much out of it if you can't read any. For what it's worth though this (and Amagami) are pretty much some of the easiest reading level VNs available (like 2/10 difficulty) if you're studying and want some practice.

Top Bottom