• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yen is weak right now? So if someone were looking at several hundred dollars worth of figures...?
Only going to get weaker, Japan's in recession. Currently $1 = 118 yen, projected to be 130 yen by 2016, 140 yen by 2017 so the longer you wait the cheaper they'll be ┐('~`;)┌

Several months ago it was like $1 = 100 yen, it crashed big time recently.

TotP: It's a great time to start doing all your JP import shopping

SerTapTap

Good to know. I already got a few JP imports this year...I still need to learn WTF I'm' doing in this PS3 sonico game. No one told me it was half VN...

nampad

So I listened to the Investors Relations presentation and they just said that there was a profit increase due to the new Vita model but not that the Vita is profitable as a whole.

I mean it was pretty obvious that the Vita was sold with a margin as the original model was already sold at cost and the memory cards add to that. The price wasn't really cut so far and looking at cheap Android or Windows tablets and phones, the margin must be quite good for the Vita.

That doesn't mean though that the Vita is profitable if costs like R&D and Marketing etc. are included.

Only going to get weaker, Japan's in recession. Currently $1 = 118 yen, projected to be 130 yen by 2016, 140 yen by 2017 so the longer you wait the cheaper they'll be ┐('~`;)┌

Several months ago it was like $1 = 100 yen, it crashed big time recently.

TotP: It's a great time to start doing all your JP import shopping

I hate the X/O button switch or I would have bought a colored Vita a long time ago.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I listened to the Investors Relations presentation and they just said that there was a profit increase due to the new Vita model but not that the Vita is profitable as a whole.

I mean it was pretty obvious that the Vita was sold with a margin as the original model was already sold at cost and the memory cards add to that. The price wasn't really cut so far and looking at cheap Android or Windows tablets and phones, the margin must be quite good for the Vita.

That doesn't mean though that the Vita is profitable if costs like R&D and Marketing etc. are included.

I did the math a while ago, and it's quite profitable actually. R&D only costs so much for borrowed technology (there's nothing technically "new" about the Vita - it uses common components), and what marketing? :p

maouvin

Since when can we pause downloads on the PS4?
Xrd demo downloading, pressed X on it for whatever reason and bam, paused (pause symbol and all).

Takao

Banned
Heads up various PSP games are gonna be on sale this week on US PSN, including the Harvest Moon PSP games! I already have the PSX game, but are either of the PSP games worth it? Innocent Life is also on sale, that good too?
Anyone have impressions for Mystic Chronicles?
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...cles/cid=UP1014-NPUH10189_00-MYSTICCHRONICLES

Looks like a Natsume PSP sale:
Adventures To Go - $7.49
Carnage Heart EXA - $9.99
Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl - $7.49
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley - $9.99
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon - $7.49
Mystic Chronicles - $7.49
Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors - $7.49

Looks like they're all 50% off?

nampad

I did the math a while ago, and it's quite profitable actually. R&D only costs so much for borrowed technology (there's nothing technically "new" about the Vita - it uses common components), and what marketing? :p

The part about the R&D would be only true if the released hardware was the only prototype. We know nothing about that, maybe there was some kind of crazy CELL Vita though I guess we can trust that Mark Cerny was quite conservative.
And while the marketing seems nonexistent, sadly the same can be sad about the sales.

Also not so sure the profitability holds true if we include the costs of capital/opportunity costs.

VLiberty

Jetpack Joyride is not f2p here. I remember it was but I was too late getting it...

Since they're releasing a Deluxe version, I wonder if they're going to f2p the old version again

SerTapTap

Is the old version for pay now? Kinda gross if they're basically charging you $2 to get the lastest version that's always been free on mobile unless it's different somehow

Takao

Banned
Is the old version for pay now? Kinda gross if they're basically charging you $2 to get the lastest version that's always been free on mobile unless it's different somehow

I kind of expect them to pull this with Age of Zombies too. The game received an update on mobile that made the visuals look 3Dish alongside a bunch of new content.

Heel

Nice to see a Resogun sale for those who missed the PS+ download. I'll wait just in case something goes down on Black Friday.

Shizuka

I wonder if Resogun will be cross-buy and that I should buy it now, even though I don't have a PS4. I missed my chance with Don't Starve last time.

lemmykoopa

Danganronpa is on sale right now on the Euro store but I'm scared to buy it and see it ending up on ps plus soon :-(

Also are there puzzles in the game like the ones in 999? I don't enjoy puzzles in that vein.

Shizuka

Danganronpa is on sale right now on the Euro store but I'm scared to buy it and see it ending up on ps plus soon :-(

Also are there puzzles in the game like the ones in 999? I don't enjoy puzzles in that vein.

I can't see it hitting PS+ anytime soon, to be very honest. Also, there aren't any puzzles like 999.

Flandy

When was the last time we even got a retail Vita PS+ game? We got All Stars a few months back but I can't remember anything else. Anyway, I seriously doubt this will be on PS+ anytime soon.

No puzzles. There's a small escape the room type segment in Danganronpa 2 but other than that there are no puzzles.

Spiegel

Bought a PS4 last week and remote play has made me a believer. For people like me who loves handhelds but always plays them at home this is the best thing ever.

I can't believe how good it feels to play GTAV on Vita.

When was the last time we even got a retail Vita PS+ game? We got All Stars a few months back but I can't remember anything else.
The month before that was Dragon's Crown - the month before DC was Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. That's three in a row for NA. If you're speaking of EU it's way more in a row (I counted to 9 months in a row then stopped). Only the last two months in each region have been without - before that there were lots.

Edit; EU is 16 months in a row with retail titles....

autoduelist

So randomly started rainbow moon..its got me. I like it.

Though..I just heard about the limit inventory or something? Can someone who has played tell me whats this about? Any tips about it?

Never remember hitting it? Or maybe I did, but it's definitely not something to concern yourself about.

Whew. I almost bought Carnage Heart EXA last month, but couldn't quite pull the trigger at full price. I still don't really want to spend $10... but I think I'm going to have to... turn based mech building sounds borderline perfect.

No
sadly
. The 'gameplay' in Danganropa is kind of odd... there's your basic exploration/conversation, but once you're in a trial, there are an assortment of mini-games you need to do. For example, everyone has a conversation, and their words fly across the screen. You have to pick a piece of evidence from a list, and fire a 'truth bullet' at false statements. There's also a odd rhythm mini game, etc. I wouldn't consider anything so far a 'puzzle' as generally i think it's pretty obvious what's a false statement and why (though i haven't beaten the game yet so maybe it gets harder).

EDIT: Anyone have any reviews of the various Harvest Moon / Innocent life games or Mystic Chronicles?

antibolo

Banned
Plus or no Plus, Danganronpa deserves your money. Especially if we want Another Episode to get localized (announce it already NISA, the suspense is killing me).

Senran Kagura Bon Appetit Gessen x Hebijo DLC.

You get my coveted...

post-4-0-22398200-1390939575.jpg

Tapejara

So I played through Never Alone today:

Overall, I really enjoyed the game, but playing through it one sitting proved to be a tad stressful. While I liked the unique setting and story, the game mechanics could prove quite frustrating, especially later on in the game. I was in love the first half of Never Alone, but by the end I was admittedly happy to see the credits. Still, it was a cool experience and if you enjoyed games like Murasaki Baby I encourage you to check it out.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I think Bon Appétit is pretty awful. Having two lines with both inputs mixed together while having the same color is really confusing. Once I'm done with it it will probably be the first game I'll put into "storage". Also the file size is just too big to keep it on and I need some space.

Ventara

Top Bottom