• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

No vita sale in America, although sad I kind of expected it... Oh well, gotta save up for Xmas anyway and I'm plenty busy still with Destiny with friends and Persona Q. I think the vita deserves some rest, I actually gave it a ton of use this year.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What the actual fuck, Sony. Just straight up ignoring the Vita?

*sigh*

I'm gonna have to throw down $40 for EDF if I ever want to play it, huh?

SerTapTap

No Vita deals for Freedomland, oh well. The Amazon "deals" on Vita games appear to just actually be the normal prices for those games too.

I do recommend Transistor and Second Son on that PS4 flash sale though. I love PS4's rest mode. I wondered how long it takes to send to PS4, I just bought Transistor on PC and within seconds I heard the PS4's hard drive spin up from rest mode to download it. A+

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, NISA Europe doesn't seem to be shy discounting their games quickly, earlier it was Danganronpa 2 and Disgaea 4, now Akiba and Natural Doctrine.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Was really hoping Sony and 3rd parties would give me good reason to break my "no money on games for self" rule for November and December. But that so-called sale is such a joke

WdgHsxY.jpg

Shizuka

Both Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2 have been on sale before, it's just a matter of being aware of sales and keeping track of it. NISA's doing it quite often, just stay alert.

Ouch... That's hilariously bad. The competition is giving away the farm. I guess they're going to sit BF out eh?

Poor poor fuckin' Vita.

I guess I'm going to rummage through the co-op sale offerings.

Sarcasm

Always claim games for all platforms! PS+ has been crazy good to my Vita except for those early months without PS+ support at all

Thing is I didn't even look until the end of last month. I actually never used my ps3.

But I wanted a vita in October so ordered it and immediately got ps+.

So not like I wasn't claiming I just had no reason back than to have Ps+.

Ouch... That's hilariously bad. The competition is giving away the farm. I guess they're going to sit BF out eh?

Poor poor fuckin' Vita.

I guess I'm going to rummage through the co-op sale offerings.

I purposely told myself to limit my sale purchases for stuff on Steam and Xbox Live just so I can snag some more titles for Vita this holiday, and here we are with absolutely nothing for Black Friday. I still can't believe it, it still hasn't sunk into my head that they would think this is a good idea.

Renpatsu

Deception IV Blood Ties for Vita...

Yay or nay?
I bought it at launch and had a lot of fun furnishing a literal house of horrors, setting traps to create gruesome Rune Goldberg machines of torture for would-be heroes stumbling into my castle. It has a great satirical wit to how it portrays its 'heroes' and 'villians'.

v1perz53

Can't say I am super excited about these sales, but I did need a random sports game to play with my brother over christmas break coming up, so grabbing either Fifa 15 or NHL 15 for cheaper isn't the worst thing. Everything else I either own or have no interest in.

I don't understand how PSN sales can be so inconsistent, the 14 for 14 sale I bought probably 8 games and it was hugely varied, and this sale seems so one dimensional (though it could just be that I own more games now). But really, not even one vita game?

jvm

Gamasutra.
So has anyone figured out how to enable perks in quests for the PS Vita version of Crimsonland? I can figure out how, and I'm tired of struggling with the final mission in hardcore difficulty. Please help! :(

Tizoc

Man all you US Vita owners need to chill.
I ain't mad there ain't any Vita deals, heck like met make a quick list of games you can pick up for play on your Vita if you want to avail that $15 for $100 spent promo.

NOTHING FOR VITA?!

tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

What anime is that bear from?

Diablo III: UEE or Shadows of Mordor?

I've never played either, it's for PS4.

Mordor's campaign is good, Diablo 3 is best played co-op and has offline co-op IIRC.

nampad

Deception IV Blood Ties for Vita...

Yay or nay?

Thought it would be more fun but the novelty of setting up traps wore of quick. The rest needs some more polish. I backlogged it infinitely pretty quick.

What the actual fuck, Sony. Just straight up ignoring the Vita?

*sigh*

I'm gonna have to throw down $40 for EDF if I ever want to play it, huh?

SCEA really sucks compared to the other regions. It's not like the other regions do a good job but they are at least trying a little bit.

Seeing the disparity in sales between Europe and Anerica is harsh. Vita still does bad in Europe but if America would pull similar numbers the worldwide sales would probably be at least 1/4 better overall.

Tizoc

should I buy
Diablo 3
Mordor (thinking of PC instead)
and Rayman Legends?

--- they are all multiplats T_T

If you have other people to play with, get Diablo 3 and Rayman Legends at least.
Mordor will surely be cheaper on PC, and unless you have a decent rig, you can get it to run at 60 FPS with settings at high. I run it at 30 FPS with settings at high and it looks and runs fine.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
should I buy
Diablo 3
and Rayman Legends?

If your PC is more powerful, maybe you should go for the PC versions. Afterall, there is a steam sale going on, good chance to get 'em cheap.

Renpatsu

should I buy
Diablo 3
and Rayman Legends?

What platform are you getting legends on? I'd actually advise against the vita version if only because of the forced touch screen levels because the AI controls the player character while you can only control Murphy during those segments. I found that it severely broke the pacing of the game (compared to origins).

wilflare

thinking of PS4 for Legends.

hmm the only thing about the PS4 is that it's connected to the Living Room TV... which is bigger than my PC Monitor :/

nampad

What platform are you getting legends on? I'd actually advise against the vita version if only because of the forced touch screen levels because the AI controls the player character while you can only control Murphy during those segments. I found that it severely broke the pacing of the game (compared to origins).

I liked the gimmicky parts although the AI was admittedly getting on my nerves.
It is the way the developers intended the game and I like gimmicks.

Renpatsu

I vastly preferred the PS3 control scheme for those segments so if PS4 is anything like that I'd choose that one (or PC if it's on there).
Also wasn't legends on plus for Vita recently?

Edit: it just felt like a poor solution taking control away from the player instead of forcing them to control both simultaneously.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
thinking of PS4 for Legends.

hmm the only thing about the PS4 is that it's connected to the Living Room TV... which is bigger than my PC Monitor :/

I am more comfortable in the living room myself, which is why I mostly do console gaming. I can perfectly understand that.

wilflare

I am more comfortable in the living room myself, which is why I mostly do console gaming. I can perfectly understand that.

as in that's the reason why I kinda want to buy my games on the PS4 even when I can get better performance on PC

if only I can cast my PC to the TV (it's impossible to move the PC in and out... just to play games)

Top Bottom