• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

th4tguy

I'm new to ps+. Is this how it always goes down or is it usually a little smoother of an update? I'm not really liking how hard it is to find stuff naturally via the. PSN store. Had to search for new Alien trailer and the amount of ads I'm seeing is pretty large. Thought PSN was better about that compared to live.

Flandy

DMC is on the webstore but not free yet. They are slowly updating.

DMC is free for me on the PS3 store. Already started downloading it. Downloads slows down to a crawl once the blog post goes up /update is put on xmb since everyone is buying all their stuff at once.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just add Don't Starve to your cart on the webstore. It will show up as free.

neat. even shows it's downloading on my PS4.
64pF1Z9.png

Now the game is locked. It says it can only be started by the person with the license even though I downloaded it from the webstore. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: Turning off my console fixed it. Scared me.

mattp

seriously, what the fuck does grace chen DO?

its kind of shitty that stuff will show up in the ps plus tab, be labeled as free, but then when you add to the cart its full price. so easy to accidentally spend money

just update everything at once

Zoe

seriously, what the fuck does grace chen DO?

its kind of shitty that stuff will show up in the ps plus tab, be labeled as free, but then when you add to the cart its full price. so easy to accidentally spend money

just update everything at once

Really? It worked for me. Clicked on everything from the rotating banner.

Now the game is locked. It says it can only be started by the person with the license even though I downloaded it from the webstore. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: Turning off my console fixed it. Scared me.

Have the same problem except that turning it off did nothing for me. Come on, please don't tell me I screwed myself by downloading it too early.

I'm new to ps+. Is this how it always goes down or is it usually a little smoother of an update? I'm not really liking how hard it is to find stuff naturally via the. PSN store. Had to search for new Alien trailer and the amount of ads I'm seeing is pretty large. Thought PSN was better about that compared to live.

Ever since they updated to the current PSN there has been more ads than before.

It would not be a problem if I did not hit the games tab, then new, only to see a fucking ad for a movie, nothing game related.

AndyD

aka andydumi
How is DMC? Like old DMCs or more like God of War or more like Darksiders? Someone said that in a thread, less technical combos, more hack n slash.

skybald

Well, spent $15 on Don't Starve because I was not paint attention and the game said it was free two times.

Going to call Sony tomorrow and demand a refund

Replicant

At that size and the price of FREE, I'd at least give Don't Starve a try even though its interface reminds me too much of Diablo and those PC games with too many huds appearing on screen all at once.

Celegus

Hot diggity DmC is incredible! This might be my favorite PS+ game ever (Demon's Souls is the best technically but I already played it). Loving it a ton so far, I was a little concerned about this game since I've been a huge DMC fan since the first one.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Good addition this month, I'm tempted to get a PS+ sub. Question about the Instant Game Collection - do you have to download a game in order for it to be accessible once the game gets removed from the rotation? Or will you have access to the game even if you hadn't downloaded it before it was removed from rotation?

As another example, on 360 Games with Gold, you have a two week window to "buy" the game for $0. Once you do that, the game is yours forever. However, if you forget to buy it within the two week window, you don't have access to the game in the future. Is this how PS+ works?

Good addition this month, I'm tempted to get a PS+ sub. Question about the Instant Game Collection - do you have to download a game in order for it to be accessible once the game gets removed from the rotation? Or will you have access to the game even if you hadn't downloaded it before it was removed from rotation?

As another example, on 360 Games with Gold, you have a two week window to "buy" the game for $0. Once you do that, the game is yours forever. However, if you forget to buy it within the two week window, you don't have access to the game in the future. Is this how PS+ works?

All you have to do is "buy" the game so that it appears on your download list. You don't actually have to download it. For example, I deleted Bioshock 2 which I got from PS+ after completing it. However it is still in my download list and I can redownload at any time even though it is no longer offered free for PS+ (As long as I am a PS+ member).

Roto13

Yeah, that's how it works on PS+, too. You don't have to download games but you do have to "buy" them.

ZenaxPure

It works exactly the same way on PS+ except the games are up for a longer period of time.

Well except you don't have to download it, you can just "buy" it.

This is true even if your sub lapses as well. There was about a 6 month period I wasn't a member but as soon as I resubbed I was able to play everything I had "bought" again, even stuff from the very first day of my sub.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Got it, so it works just the way Games for Gold works. Will I be able to "buy" Vita games even if I don't have a Vita? I may get one in the future and I would want to lock in Gravity Rush, Uncharted, etc. so that I can play them for free when/if I get Vita.

Also what's the best deal currently on PS+?

Got it, so it works just the way Games for Gold works. Will I be able to "buy" Vita games even if I don't have a Vita? I may get one in the future and I would want to lock in Gravity Rush, Uncharted, etc. so that I can play them for free when/if I get Vita.

Also what's the best deal currently on PS+?
Yeah you can just go to the SEN store and buy anything that is available for PS+ through the store

Sotha_Sil

I finally got around to playing Binary Domain after it sat in my PS+ backlog for weeks. It was actually a fairly decent game, and flirted with being a great one.

Celegus

I finally got around to playing Binary Domain after it sat in my PS+ backlog for weeks. It was actually a fairly decent game, and flirted with being a great one.

It surprised me too. Had some really cool ideas, but too many clunky/frustrating parts. Still, worth a playthrough in my book which is more than I can say about many of the PS+ games that crop up.

Yes, Binary Domain came out of no where for me ,as I heard very little about it before playing. Fun game and shooting robots in the face never gets old.

Caayn

Wasn't the PS+ instant game collection for this month leaked? I remember reading something about Bioshock Infinite a while back here.

Caayn

There's nothing to leak for January, because we already received all the January content on 24th December :) (except Don't Starve (PS4), which was 8th January)
I'm meaning the content that we'll receive at the end of this month. Like we always do. I never said January content ;) But I see that we don't have a clue what those games might be, guess I'll just need to be a bit more patient.

Leaked PS+ EU games ( February)

February 2014 however, looks like it could be one of the strongest months yet if the list that we at GamePointsNow have been shown is true. While it’s worth noting that this hasn’t been publicly confirmed by Sony yet, one of the titles is already available to US subscribers and another has been announced as coming to PS+ in very early 2014. So, here’s the list we were shown:

PS4: Outlast
PS3: Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light.
Vita: Dynasty Warriors Next, Modnation Racers.

Source: https://www.gamepointsnow.com/blog/rumoured-february-playstation-plus-content/

Carl

Would be interested in playing Metro, so cool if that's the case.

Also had no idea Outlast was that close. Awesome.

Joni

That is not that strong a month. The Vita line-up is really weak, the PS4 brings just another indie game (which is good, but not unexpectedly strong) and the PS3 has two good games. We have seen stronger months.

Flandy

Leaked PS+ EU games ( February)

February 2014 however, looks like it could be one of the strongest months yet if the list that we at GamePointsNow have been shown is true. While it’s worth noting that this hasn’t been publicly confirmed by Sony yet, one of the titles is already available to US subscribers and another has been announced as coming to PS+ in very early 2014. So, here’s the list we were shown:

PS4: Outlast
PS3: Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light.
Vita: Dynasty Warriors Next, Modnation Racers.

Source: https://www.gamepointsnow.com/blog/rumoured-february-playstation-plus-content/
I like that when NA gets a big game rhat Eu doesn't Eu goes and gets the game lol

Roto13

Guess they're going to start giving out crappy Vita games instead of replacing Uncharted or something with LittleBigPlanet.

Top Bottom