• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

repeater

There will be no new annual games, just the usual 2 new games each month.

I am rather disappointed about the IGC yearly Vita games not swapping out
I've seen a few people say this now, but I've never seen a source for it. Could you any of you help provide one? (Not trying to be rude here, I'd just like to see the official confirmation, if there is any.) The last I heard they simply didn't have a timeline for when the annual games were going to be swapped.

Ted

I've seen a few people say this now, but I've never seen a source for it. Could you any of you help provide one? (Not trying to be rude here, I'd just like to see the official confirmation, if there is any.) The last I heard they simply didn't have a timeline for when the annual games were going to be swapped.

Not sure what region you are in but for EU PS+ members they are not swapping them out yet. Source below.

In response to a user question:

Chris Howe said:
We do not have any plans to change Uncharted Golden Abyss or Gravity Rush at this time.

Click for source

In response to another user question later in the comments:

Chris Howe said:
As above we don’t have any plans to change the VITA games at moment, we may look at this again next year

Click for source

jcm

If I already sub to plus and music unlimted, are the codes that came with the ps4 of any use to me? I have a 30 day plus, a 30 day mu, and a 7 day plus from kill zone.

repeater

Not sure what region you are in but for EU PS+ members they are not swapping them out yet. Source below.
Yes, I'm EU - sorry, I should have been clear on that. Thanks a lot for the links, that's plenty confirmation.
PS+ is still great value, but that's a bit of a shame. :/ Did they ever explicitly commit to annually changing the semi-permanent part of the Vita IGC (Gravity Rush and UC:GA)? I assumed it would work like the PS3 IGC, but I'm curious whether Sony people ever said anything about it or if it was just wishful thinking on our part..

Megatron

It's kind of stunning that Little Big Planet has been out for a year and hasn't been on Plus yet. Did any Gaffers hold off on it assuming it would come soon? I think everyone thought Sony was going to replace the permanent Vita games and LBP would be one of them. Hot Shots Golf hasn't been on it either, right?

Megatron

If I already sub to plus and music unlimted, are the codes that came with the ps4 of any use to me? I have a 30 day plus, a 30 day mu, and a 7 day plus from kill zone.

Do the codes have expiration dates on them? If not, just use them when your paid subs run out.

I think people are looking at this wrong. Just think of the PSP game as something extra this month. This month we got two Vita games AND a PSP game for good measure. We got Sonic Racing and Guacamelee. Two absolutely stellar Vita games and we also got a stellar PSP game in addition. If we start only getting one Vita game and one PSP game in a month I'll complain. Until then it's only fair to say the Vita lineup was fantastic this month.

However the lack of replacements for Uncharted and Gravity Rush is complete bullshit and I'll support anyone that wants to complain about that.

I agree and at the same time I have to give Sony a ... reluctant pass. I mean PS+ is really giving us so many Vita games, so much, that at the rate they are going out, they are going to run out of Vita games in the first place. I don't mean that literally of course, but it is eating out of their library very significantly unlike the PS3 library.

Also PS+ is ridiculous value, and it gets better with the free PS4 games, which its not like we were ever promised anyway as being part of our package -- especially from the get go of the PS4 launch.

It's tremendously annoying that there isn't clarity in the beginning for sure, but at the same time I can't be that annoyed either.

Ted

Did they ever explicitly commit to annually changing the semi-permanent part of the Vita IGC (Gravity Rush and UC:GA)?

At launch they weren't really explicit and I haven't followed too closely since.

Vita PS+ launch blog entry:
As with the PS3 service, we will have titles that will be available to you for a longer period of time than usual so you have the chance to play them when and where you feel like, without worrying about them leaving the service anytime soon. For the PS Vita, these two titles will be Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush.

Click for source

Megatron

I have a PSPlus card I'm waiting to activate. I want the stench of last months (US) games gone if at all possible before I re-up. Does anyone know when the PS4 games will leave? Do they have an expiration date yet? What about Dragon's Dogma? I'll make sure to re-up at least before they are gone.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
gg21dvM.png

HNlONtw.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...in-oddworld-strangers-wrath-free-for-members/

Roto13

Only one sale? Will I finally not buy something on the PSN for a week?

Oh, wait SoulCalibur II HD is out tomorrow.

Nevermind.

Finally Stranger's Wrath for the Vita!

I bought my Vita around 4-6 months ago and have been holding off on getting this game just because it seemed so likely to be PS+'d. (I paid for the mediocre PC port so I wasn't going to give them more money, even if this port is suppose to be a lot better)

Tokubetsu

I've downloaded Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen twice now and both times I got "data corrupted" when I tried to install (after hitting around the 12% installed mark).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've downloaded Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen twice now and both times I got "data corrupted" when I tried to install (after hitting around the 12% installed mark).

I got that the first time...second time I eschewed the background download in favor of just leaving it to DL and install through the store, and that worked for me.

So I just used the SEN store to put Dragons Dogma in my cart and purchased it. That means even if they take it off of Plus I can download it from my downloads on PS3, right? Or am I missing a step?

Massa

So I just used the SEN store to put Dragons Dogma in my cart and purchased it. That means even if they take it off of Plus I can download it from my downloads on PS3, right? Or am I missing a step?

As long as you have an active Playstation Plus subscription, yes.

Tokubetsu

I got that the first time...second time I eschewed the background download in favor of just leaving it to DL and install through the store, and that worked for me.

I'll give it a shot. The second time I re-downloaded it through account management download list and left it on that screen instead of background dl. I'll try via the store though!

Just signed up for 3 months.

Got some questions regarding auto save upload.

You can select a time frame when it will upload the data once a day on the ps3.

Does this work when the system is on stand by? Like it will turn on the system at the specified time and upload the data.

On the vita from my knowledge you cannot specify a time, so when will it upload? I have it checked for once a day too.

Last question: if you play a game for instance and quit, will it upload the save data automatically after you finish, or at the specified times you've chose ?

Thanks if anyone can answer those.

Oh and can you sync your ps3 games as well on the vita trophy app?

Number45

Does this work when the system is on stand by? Like it will turn on the system at the specified time and upload the data.
Correct

On the vita from my knowledge you cannot specify a time, so when will it upload? I have it checked for once a day too.
I think it's around 02:00, certainly it's in the middle of the night anyway.

Last question: if you play a game for instance and quit, will it upload the save data automatically after you finish, or at the specified times you've chose ?
It'll update at the specified time, but you can choose to do so manually if you want to be safe.

Oh and can you sync your ps3 games as well on the vita trophy app?
You can view PS3 trophies on the Vita app, but you need to synchronise them on the PS3 (which you can also have done automatically as a perk of PS+.

Celegus

My Vita just arrived last night, and maaaaan this thing is nice! I'm shocked how light it is and how fast/intuitive the UI is. My 16gb card is already full of all the free PS+ games I had any interest in. Really digging Gravity Rush so far, but what a great little system, especially compared to the clunky PSP.

Petrie

Banned
I'm just getting a Vita to go with my Ps4 and PS+ sub. I'll likely just use it for remote play and PS+ freebies, but also want Persona 4 Golden. What I want to know is if you think it drops to $20 again at some point, or if it may even hit PS+? Have any Atlus or other games been freebies? Or should I suck it up and grab it? Not in a huge rush as I've played it. Thoughts?

Baliis

I'm just getting a Vita to go with my Ps4 and PS+ sub. I'll likely just use it for remote play and PS+ freebies, but also want Persona 4 Golden. What I want to know is if you think it drops to $20 again at some point, or if it may even hit PS+? Have any Atlus or other games been freebies? Or should I suck it up and grab it? Not in a huge rush as I've played it. Thoughts?

Atlus seems to do pretty regular sales. I've seen all the persona games on sale multiple times and I only bought my vita in August or so. Persona 4 was on sale in July, and then again in October I think.

Flandy

Europe got Demon's Souls and Catherine a few months ago while US only has received Demon's Souls

Anyway Persona games seem to be going on sale like once or twice per month for the past few months. Like P4G has been on sale for $20 like 3 or 4 times for $20 since Mid July. If you want a Persona game just wait a bit and odds are it will get a 50% off sale.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Tomorrow my PS+ subscription expires, and I don't want to renew it just yet. The games I downloaded while on Plus will remain in my purchase history (to be redownloaded later, when I'll resubiscribe) or not?

Should I add them to my download queue just to be safe?

Flandy

Today my PS+ subscription expires, and I don't want to renew it just yet. The games I downloaded while on Plus will remain in my purchase history (to be redownloaded later, when I'll resubiscribe) or not?

Nah, no need to do that. Doesn't matter when you resub it'll still be there. After the PSN hack I got 1 month of PS+ for free and I redeemed Bomberman or something and when I subbed like 16 months later it was still there.

Andvary

Today my PS+ subscription expires, and I don't want to renew it just yet. The games I downloaded while on Plus will remain in my purchase history (to be redownloaded later, when I'll resubiscribe) or not?

The plus games will disappear from your download list but will appear again when you resubscribe in the future.

TronLight

Good, I'm not going to bother then.
I'm planning to resubscribe in December anyway, so I should not have any problems. :lol

BadWolf

Sweet, will delve into Binary Domain soon.

Almost done with Dragons Dogma, finished the main game and am just going through the new Dark Arisen area (Bitteblack Isle). The game has been one amazing ride, definitely one of the best games I've played this gen.

TronLight

Does anyone have any idea what's coming to PS4 in December?

Look at the first post:

Entering EU PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: Grid 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Top Bottom