• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Speevy

Banned
Look at the first post:

Entering EU PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: Grid 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Resogun and Contrast are already there.

Flandy

Ah, makes sense. I just got my Vita this month so I'm still learning. :)

That's for the Big Vita game. The second vita game we get is normally the 3rd week of the month which tends to either be a PSN or PSP(they've become less frequent) game. This week for example we got Oddworld HD a $15 digital only title :p

Chuck

Still without luck
sorry for the n0ob question, but does this

PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active.

mean you have to click, download until the game itself is downloading which is after you get the 100kb unlock key downloaded, and then stop the actual download on PS3? I'm currently going through and getting everything added to my account on PS3 since i got the ps4 free month and am going to get the year pass in a week or two. I'll probably get a vita next week too..

hayguyz

Banned
sorry for the n0ob question, but does this

mean you have to click, download until the game itself is downloading which is after you get the 100kb unlock key downloaded, and then stop the actual download on PS3? I'm currently going through and getting everything added to my account on PS3 since i got the ps4 free month and am going to get the year pass in a week or two. I'll probably get a vita next week too..

use the webstore and 'buy' everything

zulux21

Regarding the PS+ for PS4

is there any news whether there is going to be free game every month? for the ps4 as well?
If i recall right, they said that for the first so many months there would be a single free indie game each month on the ps4.

I imagine once we get to e3 some larger titles might be included, and the free games may go into full steam (though they could push that off until gamescom or tokyo game show (or even later) as unlike the vita which got it 8 months in... they don't have a previous generation of games to pad the plus line up like the vita had with psp games)

TheBear

I'm trying to grab Resogun on the SEN website for free without any luck. Has anyone managed to get it?

nvm my sub has run out :p debating whether Resogun is worth resubbing for even though I don't have a PS4 yet! How long will it be free for?

Petrie

Banned
Atlus seems to do pretty regular sales. I've seen all the persona games on sale multiple times and I only bought my vita in August or so. Persona 4 was on sale in July, and then again in October I think.

Europe got Demon's Souls and Catherine a few months ago while US only has received Demon's Souls

Anyway Persona games seem to be going on sale like once or twice per month for the past few months. Like P4G has been on sale for $20 like 3 or 4 times for $20 since Mid July. If you want a Persona game just wait a bit and odds are it will get a 50% off sale.

Thanks guys. Will wait a bit for a sale then. $20 or less and it will be mine.

Roto13

Is there any way I can download Assassin's Creed 4 from the PSN store while I'm stuck at work right now?

Is there anyone at your house? :p You start the download remotely but only if someone turns your PS3 on.

Unless you mean the PS4 version, because I'm not sure how that works.

Roto13

Sorry, I meant for PS4.

That also has remote downloading and it might just start downloading automatically without having to turn it on if you left it in standby.

Worth a shot? Go to store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, go to your download list, and click "add to queue"

Okay so I'm new to the whole PlayStation Plus thing. I've got my 7 day trial going right now that I got with Killzone. After it expires I'm going to put my 30 day trial that came in the PS4 box, and I'll buy a year or more's worth around Christmas. However, I know the trials don't stack.

If I "buy" the free games, then my trial expires and I use the other trial, will I have to "buy" the games again or will they still be on my account?

Flandy

Okay so I'm new to the whole PlayStation Plus thing. I've got my 7 day trial going right now that I got with Killzone. After it expires I'm going to put my 30 day trial that came in the PS4 box, and I'll buy a year or more's worth around Christmas. However, I know the trials don't stack.

If I "buy" the free games, then my trial expires and I use the other trial, will I have to "buy" the games again or will they still be on my account?

From the OP

Explanation about game/content ownership:

Free games are full, complete games, with trophies
Your free games won't disappear if your subscription runs out, however you cannot play them anymore. If you subscribe again you get access to ALL your PS+ content!
PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active.

Can I access my IGC games when my subscription runs out?
No, you'll have to resubscribe, but REMEMBER: the games you buy with a PS+ discount are yours forever and you can play them without a subscription.

Wow, PS Plus is amazing. I'm absolutely kicking myself for not subscribing years ago. I dont even need to buy games any more.

However I'm mad I missed Beyond Good and Evil for 2.50. :(

Really wanted that. Any chance it comes back?

Portugeezer

I got the 14 day PS+ trial on my Vita.

Do I need to download games for them to remain free in the future? i.e. if I don't download whilst on promotion will I need to pay to get the game once promotion ends?

Also, even on a 14 day trial, the free games are the real deal? No bullshit?

(I'll renew after anyway)

Baliis

I got the 14 day PS+ trial on my Vita.

Do I need to download games for them to remain free in the future? i.e. if I don't download whilst on promotion will I need to pay to get the game once promotion ends?

Also, even on a 14 day trial, the free games are the real deal? No bullshit?

(I'll renew after anyway)

As long as you "purchase" them while they're free, they're yours as long as you're subscribed, you just lose access if it lapses until you resubscribe.

Portugeezer

As long as you "purchase" them while they're free, they're yours as long as you're subscribed, you just lose access if it lapses until you resubscribe.

I see. So if I don't download the free stuff I will never be able to download in the future again for free?

jvm

Gamasutra.
I see. So if I don't download the free stuff I will never be able to download in the future again for free?
You just have to check out and acquire a license. When you actually download is irrelevant if your subscription is current.

Balphon

Wow, PS Plus is amazing. I'm absolutely kicking myself for not subscribing years ago. I dont even need to buy games any more.

However I'm mad I missed Beyond Good and Evil for 2.50. :(

Really wanted that. Any chance it comes back?

Probably. Ubi stuff goes on sale quite often. Can't say when, though.

BHK3

Banned
attempting to download resogun and contrast from the online store gives me an insufficient funds message, guess i cant download ps4 stuff at all without the console?

Since I will get a PS4 soon, I am thinking about signing up for PS+ now. Then, it occurs to me that if I had a Vita, I would have a huge supply of free games every month.

However, I can't afford a Vita and PS4 right now, so I ask: if I add a Vita game to my download list on the PS3, will it be available on my Vita if I pick one up 6 months from now?

If so, I am definitely subscribing now, and I need to find a free trial somewhere...

alice

Since I will get a PS4 soon, I am thinking about signing up for PS+ now. Then, it occurs to me that if I had a Vita, I would have a huge supply of free games every month.

However, I can't afford a Vita and PS4 right now, so I ask: if I add a Vita game to my download list on the PS3, will it be available on my Vita if I pick one up 6 months from now?

If so, I am definitely subscribing now, and I need to find a free trial somewhere...

Yup, just like that! I had 5 months of vita games when I got mine. It's a great deal!

Yup, just like that! I had 5 months of vita games when I got mine. It's a great deal!
Do I actually have to download the full game, but just not install it? Or can I just put it in the download list and then remove it later?

Also, do PSP games ever get put out?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm trying to grab Resogun on the SEN website for free without any luck. Has anyone managed to get it?

nvm my sub has run out :p debating whether Resogun is worth resubbing for even though I don't have a PS4 yet! How long will it be free for?
It should be available for at least one full month. After that I think they're dumping it and replacing it with some new indie game. You should just wait for your PS4 if you're getting it soon.

attempting to download resogun and contrast from the online store gives me an insufficient funds message, guess i cant download ps4 stuff at all without the console?

You can. Sometimes, free PS+ games will revert back to being priced in the webstore. Keep removing them and adding them back to the cart before they stay as free in the cart before checkout.

Tizoc

Do I actually have to download the full game, but just not install it? Or can I just put it in the download list and then remove it later?

Also, do PSP games ever get put out?

No you don't have to DL it. So long as it shows in your download list, it means yo have that game for as long as you are a plus member.

BadWolf

Binary Domain's gameplay feels like a boring run of the mill tps, very bland and clunky.

Only playing for the story so far.

BadWolf

I thought it felt pretty satisfying, it may grow on ya.

Just finished and am of the same opinion as before pretty much, the story has an interesting premise but the gameplay is very basic and without a single unique mechanic. Felt like playing a very dumbed down Vanquish :/

vazel

Banned
Just finished and am of the same opinion as before pretty much, the story has an interesting premise but the gameplay is very basic and without a single unique mechanic. Felt like playing a very dumbed down Vanquish :/
The weapon feedback in this game should be lauded. It was pretty awesome seeing the robots shatter apart as your bullets hit them.

Flandy

Played half an hour of Binary Domain. Didn't leave a good first impression. Controls are clunky and lots of pop up tutorials

Top Bottom