• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase Officially Announced for Next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan7

Banned

metal-gear-alert.jpg

Metal Gear Bolt is the name of the next Metal Gear game confirmed

• LOL
Reactions: K2D

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Let's fucking goooooooooo

Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Bloodborne remastered
MGS remake
New Santa Monica game
New Bend game
Dragons Dogma 2
MK reboot
GTA 6
Castlevania by Bluepoint

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH......MY HYPE!!!!!!

• Strength
Reactions: K2D

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
40 min PSVR2
40 min indie and 3rd party
20 min PS5 1st party (GaaS 18 min, SP 2 min)
Tag might be accurate.

Notice that they said showcase and not state of play. Let's hope they bring the big guns

Excited Cat GIF

They're not calling it the State of Play

They're calling it a Showcase.

I expect this to be huge (also going based on rumors)
Yup.

There is a difference between the two.

Hold on to your butts.

Dr_Ifto

Spiderman 2
GoT 2
Ratchet game?
Wolverine?
Tlou2 MP game
ff16 of course since it launches next month
persona 6?
MGS Remake
Bloodbourne PC
Bloodbourne 2

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
These are what I think is almost certain to appear
Factions
Spiderman 2
Death Stranding 2
Metal Gear 3 remake
Silent Hill remake
MK
FF16 demo drop
Kingdom Hearts 4
Stellar Blade
At least 3 VR titles
At least 5 indies (A) or (AA) projects from third parties

And these could go either way or be just trailers
Sucker punch project
SSM project
From Software project
KOTOR
little devil inside
Japan Studio project(s)
At least 3 more VR titles
Something from Capcom that is not SF6
Assassins Creed

And No Shows
Wolverine
FF7R2
Castlevania
everything else
Interesting, I forgot about Death Stranding 2 and Kingdom Hearts 4. Its crazy to see SE make Forspoken, Kingdom Hearts, FF16 and FF7-2 simultaneously.

MK is getting a reveal tomorrow. I think Sony will focus on timed exclusives like they did in 2020 when they had forspoken, deathloop, and pragmata paid off. So stuff like SH3, MGS, Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin should be there but Kingdom Hearts and MK probably would be at the MS show. Kotor switched developer hands and is in development hell. no way thats on there.

I will be very disappointed if Wolverine isnt there two years after they revealed it. Thats almost MS levels of incompetence. I think at the very least they will do a realtime teaser like the original spiderman 2 reveal.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I think a lot of people expecting Sony to roll out all these singleplayer games after talking a lot about how much they are spending on gaas shit are going to be disappointed. But whatever, I always keep my expectations very low for these types of things and sometimes end up pleasantly surprised (but not in State of Plays, those always suck, Nintendo Directs are often good).

Wow Jim Ryan finally woke up? Who decided to be the brave individual to poke the old bear with a stick during his hibernation period?

Ok I hope too see some cool stuff.

Mostly interested in Death Stranding 2 and some surprises. Don't care for Spiderman 2, rather have Wolverine.

TLOU Factions pls?

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
I’m hoping that there is some cool VR racing game announcement, even if it is just more GT7 related goodness.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Am I a bad person for wanting them to simply do a quick montage of PSVR2 titles, then get to the flat games asap?

Mr.Phoenix

Interesting, I forgot about Death Stranding 2 and Kingdom Hearts 4. Its crazy to see SE make Forspoken, Kingdom Hearts, FF16 and FF7-2 simultaneously.

MK is getting a reveal tomorrow. I think Sony will focus on timed exclusives like they did in 2020 when they had forspoken, deathloop, and pragmata paid off. So stuff like SH3, MGS, Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin should be there but Kingdom Hearts and MK probably would be at the MS show. Kotor switched developer hands and is in development hell. no way thats on there.

I will be very disappointed if Wolverine isnt there two years after they revealed it. Thats almost MS levels of incompetence. I think at the very least they will do a realtime teaser like the original spiderman 2 reveal.
I don't see KH4 being at an MS conference instead of a Sony one. MK Icoud sehappenning.

Why I am not expecting Wolverine, is simply because they don't need to show it yet. They already have too much stuff that they should show that is due this year or next year. No point showing both Spiderman and Wolverine. The same goes for FF7R2... too close to the release of FF16.
0 seconds.

They will announce the Pro a month or two before launch at most. Slim is a blog post.
No chance either of those is just a blog post. Especially the PS5S. I expect that to show up in s Sept. State of Play.
I think a lot of people expecting Sony to roll out all these singleplayer games after talking a lot about how much they are spending on gaas shit are going to be disappointed. But whatever, I always keep my expectations very low for these types of things and sometimes end up pleasantly surprised (but not in State of Plays, those always suck, Nintendo Directs are often good).
Factions is pretty much going to be a GAAS. And no doubt we see something from Bungie and at most one more GAAS-type game. It's not like they can just put like 5 GAAS in their show.

gow3isben

We better not get a 30 min spiderman demo and just a little bit of else. 5-7 minutes is enough and focus on all the new stuff you are keeping under wraps.

VR shit should also be limited to 5 minutes.

ABnormal

Yes, please! Excited for what's to come to PSVR2, baby! Way way more excited than to games coming to flat, even though it should be great, too.
For me, personally, it would be a PSVR2 triumph if they would show Behemoth gameplay, one or two AAA first party titles, and, more than all, the reveal of many hybrid ps5/PSVR2 games. Now THAT would be great...

My wish list of games I want to see:
  1. Spider-Man 2
  2. Wolverine
  3. Bloodborne remastered
  4. Anything related to Metal Gear
  5. GTA 6 – highly doubt we will see this
  6. Stellar Blade
  7. Last of Us Factions
  8. Little devil inside
  9. KOTOR remake
  10. Killzone
  11. Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Last edited:

Gexxy1

0 seconds.

They will announce the Pro a month or two before launch at most. Slim is a blog post.

I was thinking that since the PS5 is so big and ugly, that they'd at least want to spend a few minutes showing off the redesign.

Also with Stellar Blade/Spiderman coming out later this year (and probably at this showcase), that they'd have a bundle deal or something.

SilentUser

For me, personally, it would be a PSVR2 triumph if they would show Behemoth gameplay, one or two AAA first party titles, and, more than all, the reveal of many hybrid ps5/PSVR2 games. Now THAT would be great...
Agreed, that would be indeed fantastic. I'm all in for hybrids, Resident Evil Village is a great example of how it surely works! Sony, bring Killzone and Resistance back as hybrids :p

AmuroChan

We better not get a 30 min spiderman demo and just a little bit of else. 5-7 minutes is enough and focus on all the new stuff you are keeping under wraps.

VR shit should also be limited to 5 minutes.

I think the Spider-Man deep dive will be a separate SoP in July or August. They're not going to devote half the showcase on one game. The showcase should just be a bunch 2-5min trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom