• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/19/09 – Peggle (US) | Metal Gear Solid (EU)

mozfan12

Banned
Is next weeks update going to be up at the same time seeing it as it is going to be Thanksgiving?

Huge bummer about LBP, but its still stupid that they are going to wait until the next update if it is not ready by today. If its ready at anytime, why not put it up! Especially since NA gamers will have been waiting the longest. Oh well at least we got the demo.

kassatsu

Banned
mozfan12 said:
Is next weeks update going to be up at the same time seeing it as it is going to be Thanksgiving?
US Updates on Tuesday next week. I dunno if Europe is doing a full update or not on that day, but Gravity Crash is coming out.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
disappointing week :/

hope we at least have some sort of upturn over thanks giving and -at worst- by xmas.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
*walks in with boner from being told he's possibly moving up int he world*

Oh, hey, time to see if SCEA got off their ass and uploaded Bad Company 2, which would be boner-tastic by itself.

*clicks PSN store*

Oh, hey, new releases!

*clicks*

Ad-hoc Party in full English'
Me: :D

Peggle
Me: :D!

Bad Company 2 FINALLY FUCKING UP!

Me: :D!!!!

Biohazard 2 (possible Dual Shock version as he has the original non-DS version with "TAKE PART IN THE JOHN ROMERO MOVIE" advert/contest back in 1996) FUCKING UP AFTER CAPCOM/SCEA TOOK FOREVER! (Leaving Biohazard 3: Last Escape and Dino Crisis 1/2 left before new Years)

*Splooge*

BEST. DAY. EVER. SONY.

TheSeks

DarkUSS said:
So if RE2 is $5.99, please someone explain to me how the original RE is still $9.99

Original Tomb Raider is :10bux: as well. Sequels (2-4/TLR) are $5.99 like Biohazard 2.

Why? SCEA/Edios/Capcom knows. *shrug* Good thing though, as generally the sequels to both are better.

Edit: ZOMG NO ONE IS ONLINE IN PEGGLE. WTF. I need that 4 player trophy. Three others buy it from here and join my game, WTF!? :lol

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wow, had no idea RE2 was being released this week! Even though it's not my favorite game in the series, it's been years since I last played it. Will be fun to revisit (on my PSP)! :D

Christopher

TheSeks said:
*walks in with boner from being told he's possibly moving up int he world*

Oh, hey, time to see if SCEA got off their ass and uploaded Bad Company 2, which would be boner-tastic by itself.

*clicks PSN store*

Oh, hey, new releases!

*clicks*

Ad-hoc Party in full English'
Me: :D

Peggle
Me: :D!

Bad Company 2 FINALLY FUCKING UP!

Me: :D!!!!

Biohazard 2 (possible Dual Shock version as he has the original non-DS version with "TAKE PART IN THE JOHN ROMERO MOVIE" advert/contest back in 1996) FUCKING UP AFTER CAPCOM/SCEA TOOK FOREVER! (Leaving Biohazard 3: Last Escape and Dino Crisis 1/2 left before new Years)

*Splooge*

BEST. DAY. EVER. SONY.

I'm pretty sure they uploaded Resident Evil 2 not Biohazard 2

naib

Must. not. buy... Peggle.

Quadruple dip at this point??
No. Damn you PopCap!!

I would eagerly buy PvZ again, on PSN. If it had mouse support.. ;)

So whats the deal with Promethus? Is a port from somewhere or an original game? Controls seem.... bad (in my opinion at least)

Probably a bad week to release a demo for a 2D platformer with the LBP coming out too - fantastic game - will go buy

dwin45

I wish that Amazon had all PSN games instead of just the Sony released ones. I've got a $20 credit to use on Amazon and I want to get Peggle and/or Braid with it but the codes aren't available on there.

TheSeks

Teknoman said:
Heads up:

Resident Evil 2 PS classic download is the Dual Shock version.

EDIT: Beaten.

So that makes it the final version for the Playstation releases I needed.

God, I'm a mini-CVXfreak on these releases.

Even bought the Gamecube versions of 1-3/CVX/4. I'm so sad. :lol Capcom must love my cash by now. :lol

RedBoot

Teknoman said:
Heads up:

Resident Evil 2 PS classic download is the Dual Shock version.

EDIT: Beaten.

Good, now I have an excuse to buy it despite having the original version right next to me. The bonus mode from the DualShock version plus PSP compatibility is worth $6 to me.

Vamphuntr said:
RE 2 is indeed the dualshock version :)

It's nice. I already own a first-run copy of RE2 (with the yellow movie sweepstakes star), but for six bucks, I was happy to retire the discs. It being the DS version makes the double-dip all the more worth it.

US update this week single-handedly pisses all over the past months worth of EU updates - grabbed Peggle + Nights, Bad Company beta, Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain & Resident Evil 2.

jiggles

Banned
How does Peggle control?

Do you point with the analogue stick (like Fantavision/Crash Commando) or do you just left-right it until it gets to where you want it?

It's a dealbreaker for me.

swoon

someone should join my peggle party, before we start. it looks like people joining in in mid game doesn't work.

Is there a reason to buy Soul Reaver if I still own the disc? I mean besides the fact that it's Soul Reaver? Are the graphics updated on the PS1 games or anything like that?

Edgeward

TheBrain76 said:
Is there a reason to buy Soul Reaver if I still own the disc? I mean besides the fact that it's Soul Reaver? Are the graphics updated on the PS1 games or anything like that?

Straight port.

Oneself

SOUL REAVER !!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.GIF

Surprise of the week, I'm so buying this in about a second. The closest thing to a 3D Metroidvania and the most impressive PSone game EVER. Streaming FTW, environment morphing FTMFW. Awesome, awesome game.

Thank you PSN monkey, thank you.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
jigglywiggly said:
How does Peggle control?

Do you point with the analogue stick (like Fantavision/Crash Commando) or do you just left-right it until it gets to where you want it?

It's a dealbreaker for me.
Sadly it's left-right, with no option to change it. Sucks. :(

And there really isn't any good reason why Peggle is 30fps. None. Grumblegrumble.

GrayFoxPL

Whack!!

RE2 and Soul Reaver on the same fucking day???

Bought, I just don't know where I'll find the free space on hd.

MikeE21286 said:
Worth playing if I've never played any of these games?

Do you wish to remain a virgin?

Of course it's worth it.

kassatsu

Banned
Blablurn said:
is uno worth the money? didn't play the xbox version. so i have zero expectations.
if you have friends that own it. There aren't many people playing online, and playing local is lame since you can see the cards.

Blablurn

kassatsu said:
if you have friends that own it. There aren't many people playing online, and playing local is lame since you can see the cards.

ok, that seals it. i pass :lol thank you, dude! you saved me some bucks.

dalyr95

Anyone having issues with MGS on the PSP???
The cut scenes and codec the sound stutters & the cut scenes are jerky. Defeats the point of me buying it if I can't follow the story.
I've tried disc speed normal & fast to no avail.

The game itself plays fine, just need to know if it's the game that's the problem before I shell out on another card.

-Amon-

dalyr95 said:
The cut scenes and codec the sound stutters & the cut scenes are jerky. Defeats the point of me buying it if I can't follow the story.

No problems at all here on my GO.

Aru

dalyr95 said:

The game itself plays fine, just need to know if it's the game that's the problem before I shell out on another card.

Do you use a firmware older than OFW 5.50 ?
If so, update your firmware.

kuYuri

Damn it, if I didn't already buy the GC version of RE2, I would have bought the one on the PS Store since it's cheaper.

Man ...Soul Reaver is tempting (I've actually only beaten part 2)

RE2 is so bought when I get paid :D

EDIT: Actually fuck it ...I'll buy it as soon as I get home!

Dreamwriter said:
But, um, the bug wasn't bad enough for the Europeans?

Anyways, this week rather sucks. One whole game! And that came out earlier this week (though it was day-and-date...)
Egg--zactly... Once again, Sony has demonstrated that a disfunctional collection of semi-retarded asshats CAN run a multi-billion dollar international uber-corp... of course, they can't run it very WELL... :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you have a PSP with the new firmware, playstationcomics.com just updated with a code to get a free taster comic (transformers something).

You need to download the comics player first - either from the PSP or there is an eboot on the playstationcomics site

Top Bottom