• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Underground: Silent Hill 2 - Flesh Lip boss battle 2001 vs. 2024 (some spoilers)

This is a fundamental design nitpick… from an appreciater but not really a true fan. There was a reason why the non player controlled cameras suited horro games very well, adds to the tension not being able to see or control. Made action more stilted which made actions look more realistic and suspenseful, etc.

Nothing wrong with the remake but the sense of tension is way different cuz of the camera. I know that many people prob wouldn’t like the semi static cameras and that having a switch mode like in mgs subsistence would probably have taken a lot of dev time. But, maybe they should’ve given the player a shitty flashlight and have more fog in the town for more tension.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
This is a fundamental design nitpick… from an appreciater but not really a true fan. There was a reason why the non player controlled cameras suited horro games very well, adds to the tension not being able to see or control. Made action more stilted which made actions look more realistic and suspenseful, etc.

Nothing wrong with the remake but the sense of tension is way different cuz of the camera. I know that many people prob wouldn’t like the semi static cameras and that having a switch mode like in mgs subsistence would probably have taken a lot of dev time. But, maybe they should’ve given the player a shitty flashlight and have more fog in the town for more tension.
i have to imagine there is a fixed camera mode unlocked after you beat the game... if not, it would be a missed opportunity.

Top Bottom