• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMan

Windlands or Tethered?

i just bought windlands the other day, and it was the first game to really make me feel sick. I stopped short of throwing up, but the warnings are true. Don't get windlands unless you real "vr legs."

tethered has reviewed well, but looks uninteresting to me.

lcap

Guys, how's Eagle Flight? There's a store here in Brazil selling it at a much lower price than everyone else and was just thinking of grabbing it.

BlackFriday Sales!!

These 5 (and battlefront I guess for PSVR)
Bound
Trackmania
Holdball
CarnivalGames
Harmonix Music

Battlefront (for later's VR mode)

Pretty happy with the haul, a lot of games; impressions when I get to it.

Actually trackmania is already showing up as being downloaded - I wonder if downloading the demo = the whole game gets downloaded.

i just bought windlands the other day, and it was the first game to really make me feel sick. I stopped short of throwing up, but the warnings are true. Don't get windlands unless you real "vr legs."

tethered has reviewed well, but looks uninteresting to me.

Tethered is great and the dioramaesque world is fascinating.

joeblow

Then i guess I'm confused cause its listed on the black Friday sale http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/22/black-friday-starts-now-at-playstation-store/

Yeah, confusing. But what it is saying is that SWBF is $7.49 and will (eventually) include the VR mission via a patch. Remember that the VR mission is free so it won't ever have its own price. You just need to buy the game to play it.

I'm actually buying it today with a 20% off code (among other games), so the price will be only $6.

In thinking of getting Bound and Windlands

Bound is on sale and I will use that 10% code so Windlands would be reduced a bit too.

What's the general consensus with Bound?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
In thinking of getting Bound and Windlands

Bound is on sale and I will use that 10% code so Windlands would be reduced a bit too.

What's the general consensus with Bound?

Very pretty artsy game. If you have fondness for games like Journey, Abzu etc, pick it up.

Its also the best looking VR game with a very comfortable camera setting so far, which makes it a great showcase.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Guys, how's Eagle Flight? There's a store here in Brazil selling it at a much lower price than everyone else and was just thinking of grabbing it.

pretty divisive impressions from people so far, seems like half like it and half do not from what I have seen on GAF at least.

I personally like it but think it was a bit overpriced. Its fun to fly around paris though!

I finished Robinson the Journey a couple nights ago and overall I did not care for it. The core gameplay is just not fun, this coming from a guy who loves adventure/puzzle games. The puzzles are not very interesting or entertaining and it takes so long to walk anywhere. There is no run button, either. The dinosaurs look nice, but the environments are often muddy looking and blind. The game bizarrely starts you off after you've already been a castaway for a long while, with a pet T-rex to boot, which I feel is a missed opportunity because the most interesting things have already happened before the game starts. Playing when you first landed would have made a lot more sense I think. Lack of move control is bizarre and it gets tiring having the kids big space glove holding a Move-looking wand in front of his face for the entire game.

Fatez

Are there any good deals on PSVR games besides PSN sale?

I already have the following.

Physical
Batman Arkham VR
Until Dawn
PSVR Worlds
Loading Human
Rigs
Battlezone
EVE Valkyrie
Driveclub VR
Robinson Journey
Eagle Flight

Digital
The Assembly
EVE Gunjack
Rez Infinite
Wayward Sky
Here They Lie

I prefer physical copies, but I am ok with digital if price difference is large enough.

Also, is Thrustmaster T150 at $129.99 a good deal? I am thinking about getting one for Driveclub VR.

Could you do a must have list with five of those games for PSVR? :)

Kyolux

I finished Robinson the Journey a couple nights ago and overall I did not care for it. The core gameplay is just not fun, this coming from a guy who loves adventure/puzzle games. The puzzles are not very interesting or entertaining and it takes so long to walk anywhere. There is no run button, either. The dinosaurs look nice, but the environments are often muddy looking and blind. The game bizarrely starts you off after you've already been a castaway for a long while, with a pet T-rex to boot, which I feel is a missed opportunity because the most interesting things have already happened before the game starts. Playing when you first landed would have made a lot more sense I think. Lack of move control is bizarre and it gets tiring having the kids big space glove holding a Move-looking wand in front of his face for the entire game.

Going from your impressions, glad I returned it. I expect you to die should fill in my need for puzzles.

Could you do a must have list with five of those games for PSVR? :)

Sure : ) Granted, I still have not payed Driveclub VR, Battlezone, and Eagle Flight, and I am still playing through Rigs and EVE Valkyrie.

My current Top 5 would be.

1. Until Dawn
2. Rez Infinite
3. Robinson Journey
4. Rigs
5. Here They Lie/Wayward Sky

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Thanks. You are one of not to many to praise the stationary camera system :). Or maybe those who doesn't like it mostly write on forums :). I think that the new system is solid right now and we have sent it to comfort testing. It means that it still needs to be approved. I'll prepare a movie covering all the new modes and describing them in detail when we will be greenlit.

I like the current camera too. Didn't think saying so earlier made sense. It felt so obvious.

Zombine

Banned
There has to be some sort of repair center here in NY, because my turn around for my new headset was less than a week. I brought my broken headset to the shipping store Monday afternoon, got a notification Wednesday night that my new VR headset was on the way. I figured that they somehow knew when FedEx scanned my return to send out the new unit (Amazon does something similar with returns.)

But when I opened it, it was the new unit with the same exact receipt that I printed out and sent away in the box with the old unit. That's kind of wild they got it that quick.

Now I'm freaking out because I don't want to try it and have it overheat again...

Just tried two rounds of Battlezone solo on Easy. Barely made it half way. Please add a Super Easy mode, Rebellion.

Just think of the satisfaction when you beat it, though!

One useful tip (sorry if obvious or already known): every mission/level has a hackable base. For a couple of seconds at the start of each mission you'll get a white arrow on your radar showing you the direction. Always make an effort to hack these buildings, there are three types with different rewards: weapon blueprints (OK), data (very useful), and reduction in AI power (game changer). Normally the enemy power increases every time you make a move on the campaign map, hack the AI power bases and it'll reduce instead.

If you can keep the enemy power below level 3 it makes a big difference.

So my 2 biggest wishes right now in no particular order:

Robot Rescue full game
Batman full game

Robot Rescue was astonishingly good as a VR platformer and Batman was unbelievably good and easily had the best visuals I've seen yet in PSVR.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Games coming out next week (Nov 29):

Crystal Rift is like an old school dungeon crawler right? I vaguely remember when it came out on steam early access.

Edit: went and refreshed my memory. Yes it is the one I remember. Looked at some steam reviews and it seems that this is a game you need sturdy VR legs for.

I've yet to have any nausea issues with VR so I'll probably buy it.

Grinchy

Banned
Just tried two rounds of Battlezone solo on Easy. Barely made it half way. Please add a Super Easy mode, Rebellion.

haha pretty soon you will be beating it on Hard

Make sure to pay attention to the shield quadrants. For example, if your front shield is busted, just turn your tank to the side so your side shield starts taking the hits while your front shield replenishes. That's probably the most important technique to get down.

Kyolux

That How We Soar game looks like it could be quite intriguing. Curious now to see the pricing on it.

Already confirmed to be 19.99.

I wonder how much Crystal Rift will be. I want to try that too. Too many games though on Tuesday at the same time. So unless I can grab it with the 10% off that expires at 11 a.m. EST, I'll wait I think.

Kyolux

Yeah I think I'll wait for How We Soar to use the 10% code. Looks interesting.

I don't think we'll be able to though. Unless it gets a midnight release. But I don't have any other use for it. (Well that Steins;gate 0 and Crystal Rift, all coming out on Tuesday)

Kurdel

Banned
I bought that Pinball FX VR when they accidentally sold it last tuesday, it's quite good.

I was bummed I could buy more tables now lol

mulac

Ok bought the headset to go with my PS4 Pro.

Now what?

Do I really need the Camera (new model) and Move controllers?

Is the demo disk that comes with it sufficient for the moment...digital vs hardcopy games too?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ok bought the headset to go with my PS4 Pro.

Now what?

Do I really need the Camera (new model) and Move controllers?

Is the demo disk that comes with it sufficient for the moment...digital vs hardcopy games too?

Demo disk is great for getting a feel for what games you might want to buy.

Camera is required ($30 at most places right now). Move may be required for some games

III-V

I was in VR in RoTR in the Croft Manor, and had two amazing experiences:

When I walked up and saw the ashtray I smelled cigarettes.
Then, there is a point where you open a door to the west wing, and it's storming outside and the manor had a tree crash thru and I literally felt a cool breeze across my legs.

VR is truly incredible, and even more so when you allow yourself to get swept up into the experience.

I was in VR in RoTR in the Croft Manor, and had two amazing experiences:

When I walked up and saw the ashtray I smelled cigarettes.
Then, there is a point where you open a door to the west wing, and it's storming outside and the manor had a tree crash thru and I literally felt a cool breeze across my legs.

VR is truly incredible, and even more so when you allow yourself to get swept up into the experience.

Croft Manor has been one of my highlights so far. Although I don't have Moves, so haven't tried a bunch of cool things, like Batman ...

Oh yeah, that to buy too. My wallet will hurt on Tuesday.

I received an early copy of the game to review and I can confirm this game is awesome. If you're a fan of Zen pinball this is definitely a must buy. It feels like you are looking down at a pinball table with crazy stuff going on around you :)

If you've tried the Hulu VR experience think that but pinball tables all around, and the room looks like Tony Starks mansion lol

Kuddos to Zen Studios :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom