• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

If anyone is browsing this thread, and are without a PSVR, I just want to give the heads up that I am selling mine. Give me a PM if you are interested :)

Sakura

If importing from US price is not far away from used in Japan, just get a new one. There's a lot of discount for new PSVR in US almost every month.
But if used is really much cheaper and more convenient, I would say it's fine as long as the condition is really good. Since everyone sweat a lot in the headset and strapped the device onto their oily face, you might want to clean it thoroughly, good thing is you can easily peel off the rubber and wash it as clean as possible.

And this is probably the oiliest part of the rubber (which is part of the rubber from image above.

But the forehead part of the headset can't be removed easily, so just use a wet wipe or something.

*all images are from google
Thanks for the reply. Even used in Japan is like 500 US I think because of no stock, so importing new would still be way cheaper.

I played London Heist, and while it was nice, it was also very short. On the other hand, Micky's Shooting Gallery was amazingsauce. Are there any more games like it? Or even London Heist.

In other news, RIGS keeps being the most amazing game I have ever played (althought still makes me feel sick after a few hours)

ChouGoku

Thanks for the info! Really glad Move support is coming.
I always prefer Move over DS4.
I thought Arizona Sunshine worked really well with Move. Upcoming Solus Project supporting 2 Move is wonderful.

No problem, Arizona Sunshine made me think that teleportation would be fine in Skyrim. I didnt mind it in AS, I doubt I will mind in Skyrim.

Also Rigs is pretty fun. being in the arena with the crowds feels so hype

I played London Heist, and while it was nice, it was also very short. On the other hand, Micky's Shooting Gallery was amazingsauce. Are there any more games like it? Or even London Heist.

In other news, RIGS keeps being the most amazing game I have ever played (althought still makes me feel sick after a few hours)

Arizona Sunshine, Farpoint, Until Dawn Rush of Blood, etc etc etc...........

Got a review code for Radial-G which is out tomorrow. Looking forward to blasting through it today.

It's out tomorrow? I thought it was the 19th?

I'm a big Wipeout fan and was disappointed there was no PSVR support in Omega Collection. Not sure whether to get Radial-G or wait for Redout (which is out later this year?)

Arizona Sunshine, Farpoint, Until Dawn Rush of Blood, etc etc etc...........

Thanks! I understand that Farpoint only works with the gun add-on. If I don't have it, can I use move controller and a DS4? Or something like that?

Has the RIGS online community grown since the first?

From my limited experience... I didn't have any issues (20 seconds maybe?) finding a match a few nights ago.

Planet

I started up Special Delivery for the first time and it didn't recognize my Aim controller. It seems to be either Move or DualShock4 now, what am I doing wrong? :(
can I use move controller and a DS4? Or something like that?
Just a DualShock4 will work, no Move support whatsoever. Should be ok, but you'll miss out on immersion and precise aiming. (No pun intended)

trebbble

How did people like Dirt VR? I’m a racing game fan, but as a new PSVR owner, have only tried the Driveclub demo. Luckily no motion sickness so far.

Cilidra

Battlefront (ultimate edition) is on sale at 5.09$ USD. If you don't have it yet for the VR experience, at this price it's a no brainer.

Also if you only have the base game (and free VR add-on), the Season Pass and all the DLC are free. Even if you don't have the game yet, you can get the Season pass and DLC if you think you'll get the game later.

Hazanko

Banned
Got PSVR a few days ago and It's awesome. I turned fov stuff off and normal turning and it's like im there in Res7. I have a few questions though. How often do you clean the cloth that comes with it and do people clean the rubber band that's at side when pulled? I pulled it slightly and wiped it. Thought best to keep it in good shape. I've also got a lens pen. I haven't used it yet though because I hear it can scratch lens?

I'd also like to add that this is the best thing in gaming by far. Everyone who can get one should. I was on the fence about it for ages but this is the future of gaming. I'd also like to mention that playroom vr platform game. It's totally amazing.

Joystick

Nemesis VR will be on Kickstarter from 18th September:

Fast pace VR space action shooter...

SROYbba.jpg

It's pretty low budget but the gameplay might be fun.

https://youtu.be/sYYsyAqmONo
http://fungun.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/Nemesis-VR-1435151929871227

Joystick

Chroma Gun is coming to PS VR!

.@stevecrse & @AndiSPunkt adjusting the player-height in virtual reality for the #psvr version of ChromaGun

Welcome to ChromaTec’s test lab! You’re here to test our newest, state-of-the-art military-grade color-technology: The ChromaGun (patent pending)! Use it to try and solve our meticulously designed test chambers. The basic principle is as easy as applying it is complex: Exit the chambers via the exit doors. But be weary of the WorkerDroids in charge of maintaining the chambers. They’re not exactly what you and I would call “human friendly”.

Use the ChromaGun to colorize walls and WorkerDroids to progress in the chambers. WorkerDroids are attracted to walls of the same color. Using that mechanic, try to reach the exit door of each chamber. Some doors are more complicated to use than others: They can only be opened using door triggers and only stay open as long as the triggers are occupied.

https://twitter.com/pixel_maniacs/status/907897288625938432

http://pixel-maniacs.com/chromagun

MattAces

How many people here playing Sparc?

Just watched a review on YT that couldn't praise it enough, and now I'm super tempted.

So want to get into this game but unfortunately I got reports from people in my region that the game has high latency, which turned me off immediately. South East Asia.
EVE Valkyrie was unplayable for me, and from what I've heard, playing SPARC in SEA is similar experience where you throw a ball, it will take one sec for it to launch and some rubberbanding.

Although the dev said it works well for up to 500ms latency, connecting from SEA is around 200-300ms. Their main servers are in EU/US, not sure about oceanic but since it's launched there, most likely will work fine.

So want to get into this game but unfortunately I got reports from people in my region that the game has high latency, which turned me off immediately. South East Asia.
EVE Valkyrie was unplayable for me, and from what I've heard, playing SPARC in SEA is similar experience where you throw a ball, it will take one sec for it to launch and some rubberbanding.

Although the dev said it works well for up to 500ms latency, connecting from SEA is around 200-300ms. Their main servers are in EU/US, not sure about oceanic but since it's launched there, most likely will work fine.

Disappointing. I can't play rocket league with 200-300, I can't imagine this being more playable when I'm directly interacting with the ball/game. But maybe they will expand their servers in future. Surprised they wouldn't have servers in Asia though.

MattAces

Disappointing. I can't play rocket league with 200-300, I can't imagine this being more playable when I'm directly interacting with the ball/game. But maybe they will expand their servers in future. Surprised they wouldn't have servers in Asia though.
Yep. Same for me. Rocket League is frustrating with 200-300. This is basically my life in every online indie games. Either there's an Asia server with zero people, or its high latency.

Joystick

It has been released. $5.99 (and I notice it's not listed on the first page here).

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/manifest-99/cid=UP3867-CUSA09259_00-MANIFEST99XXXXXX

5/5 from VRFocus:

Storyline and gameplay elements intertwine to great effect. The story has a much deeper meaning than just a few travellers hitching a train ride – which VRFocus isn't going to spoil here – safe to say that's it pulls on the heart strings as a memorable VR experience. If you enjoy short VR animations then Manifest 99 is up there with some of the best. It provides a strong, engaging storyline with a nice level of controllability that's not often seen, great for VR enthusiasts as well as a prefect experience for VR first timers.

MattAces

GT Sport PSVR mode confirmed detail:

1:1 offline race (AI)
More than 135 cars and 27 new and classic tracks across Japan to American.

Seems like it's almost every single tracks and cars. There are some cars that are very similar, so I guess they decided to skip it? Otherwise, it's a pretty solid mode.

Seems like it's almost every single tracks and cars. There are some cars that are very similar, so I guess they decided to skip it? Otherwise, it's a pretty solid mode.

I think there has been 28 track layouts announced so that leaves one out. Any money it is the only one I want. Nordschleife.

138 cars have been announced so far as well. So that is just three shy. Seeing as there are quite a few variation on the same models of the cars that number is too high for them to only count them as one car. Likely they haven't got the licence from a manufacturer for VR, these could be Alpine, Lexus, Jaguar, McLaren, Mercades-AMG. Or the car doesn't work well in VR so potentially could be a few Vision Gran Turismo cars. My guess is no Alpine as that is three variations and the a110-50 was removed from Driveclub VR but all Renault cars remained.

I'm happy to preorder the game from that. Hopefully additional DLC car content is supported throughout the lifespan of GT Sport as well.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

I thought we could race more than one car in GT PSVR.....

valeu

Bloody Zombies is so so good. Looks like Viewtiful Joe, plays like Castle Crashers. Drop in, drop out, 4-player co-op, local or online, VR or not. $14.99

Top Bottom