• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yes, you hold down R1 button and release it to fire an arrow. Here's some concept arts. I will share more next week

G1ubQsT.jpg

Man this looks great!!

Ok so, I have a PSVR, PS4 Pro, all original wires and contents.
When it's all connected, why does the head unit sometimes go black with no sound for a split second?

I have it completely unplugged from the TV, so that's not even in the equation.

It's just the PSVR connected to the PS4 Pro, using all the cables it comes with.

I can't figure it out, it just cuts out for a second and then comes back.

Fault with lies with either the wires or the hardware?

When it's all connected, why does the head unit sometimes go black with no sound for a split second?

It's just the PSVR connected to the PS4 Pro, using all the cables it comes with.

Try turning off HDCP in the settings, that helps but it's a fault, we've all got it and Sony don't seem to have actually acknowledged it yet as far as I'm aware. Was also talk of fixing the Pro to output at 1080p rather than 4k sometimes helps as well.

Seems to be a fault with either the PS4 Pro hardware.Try this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Pro/comments/5c0f4q/black_screen_audio_only_fix/?compact=true

Joystick

Kizumonogatari VR announced for PlayStation VR.

The virtual reality video experience, which celebrates the completion of all three Kizumonogatari films and the release of the Blu-rays / DVDs, will let you look back at the Kizumonogatari movies with lead character Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade. It promises to deliver a new experience through the previously unseen combination of virtual reality and projection mapping.

If you’re in Japan, you can apply to try out Kizumonogatari VR during an early hands-on event on May 20. Applications will no longer be accepted after May 10 at 23:59 JST.

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/kizumonogatari-vr-announced-playstation-vr
https://www.kayac.com/news/2017/05/playstation_vr
(Original Japanese source)

There's a trailer on the Gematsu page but it doesn't show much. It looks as though video from parts of the movie are projected onto objects in VR.

Hasney

I played Summer Lesson. I feel like it would be good if if was stretched out a bit and had more content aside from unlocking costumes. Hat is there is really well done and the sense of presence is pretty great, it's almost like doing a Persona social link in how passive it is, but the few choices you do have impact the others life.

It's worth playing as there's nothing like it. There's nothing skeevy about it outside of a couple of the lucky items you can use for optional scenes. I can't recommend it at full price with the lack of content, but well worth a shot if it ever gets a sale.

Played through Summer Lesson a couple times. The translation is well done. Nothing stands out and the humor comes through just fine. I can't remember if it got a Pro update, but I was surprised how well the graphics ended up (for what it is).

Few gripes...

1) Game is super vague on how you're supposed to properly play well for higher rankings.

2) The subtitles are objects in the 3D space. So if Hikari or anything gets too close to you, the subtitles disappear inside her model. Not a big deal because it mainly happens during each day's hello's and goodbye's so you aren't missing anything you haven't heard 20 times already.

3) Any PSVR wobble in this game is absolutely nauseating since you're always either sitting right behind a table or stationary in her room.

I thought 1) was fairly obvious? Get her determination and skills up as an all rounder to get a higher grade by picking the lessons and then the right choice to encourage her learning mid-lesson at than coat of less conversation. Fail those mid lesson choices to lower determination but be more friendly. The lessons level up with each use and carry over for new games, so it takes a few playthroughs for the A.

Finally played Bound with the camera patch. The same way RE7 convinced me that most first person games should be in VR, Bound showed me that most 3rd person games should be in VR. A 3rd person JRPG with real size monsters would be
noah.png

Wait until you play Mervils, then imagine something like Breath of the Wild. You'll be transformed.

Maligna

Banned
Placeholder date, same thing happened to South Park at one point so I would imagine it's being delayed again.

Uni did it with South Park without ever mentioning it too. People only noticed once they were refunded.

But it's still most likely delayed from May 30th then, huh? Just probably not until Dec 31st.

Shoeless

Finally played Bound with the camera patch. The same way RE7 convinced me that most first person games should be in VR, Bound showed me that most 3rd person games should be in VR. A 3rd person JRPG with real size monsters would be
noah.png

This almost makes me think Atlus should think about doing this with the Persona games. P3 and P4 especially aren't so visually complex that they couldn't just be done in VR, and I think even P5 might manage it.

chris121580

Gnog is absolutely incredible and a must own for PSVR in my opinion. One of my favorite gaming experiences. It's incredibly creative and the music is so good. I finished it tonight. Took me about 3 hours and I struggled with a couple puzzles but this is very well done and worth playing.

ChouGoku

Wait until you play Mervils, then imagine something like Breath of the Wild. You'll be transformed.
Is Mervils fun? The art style is very unappealing to me.

This almost makes me think Atlus should think about doing this with the Persona games. P3 and P4 especially aren't so visually complex that they couldn't just be done in VR, and I think even P5 might manage it.
If Atlus did this I would buy that shit tomorrow.

I just got Harmonix VR and that is very fun, but it begs that we have a VR paint app or something to hold me over until Dreams comes out. 3d paint is very fun. The limited line pallet means you have to be a bit creative but I think with enough time I could make something cool. I wish the pictures would show a better representation on how cool this program actually looks.
1st attempt

after playing around for 20 mins

Gnog is absolutely incredible and a must own for PSVR in my opinion. One of my favorite gaming experiences. It's incredibly creative and the music is so good. I finished it tonight. Took me about 3 hours and I struggled with a couple puzzles but this is very well done and worth playing.
Oh it's out? I really enjoyed the demo.

Guppeth

I enjoyed Gnog, but it doesn't make much use of VR. It's like if Statik didn't have motion controls or rooms you could peer around at.

I was going to pre-order too, but maybe it's for the better I come to my senses and see what folks think of the game before committing.

I'm going to wait too. I'm concerned about my small gaming space and whether I can realistically play the game standing up with the gun, which seems to be the way it was designed to be played. For reference I do not have enough room for either Job Simulator or Holoball.

Drain You

Tried PSVR on a Pro at relatives house a week or so ago. Even given the limitations of the hardware clarity etc I was absolutely blown away and fell in love. Played Until Dawn and really thought it was great. Absolutely zero motion sickness while I was playing, which made me very happy as I was worried how it would affect me. About an hour later I was completely overcome with nausea, spent the next few days vomiting every hour or so. I've got CVS and I hoping the cycle wasn't brought on by VR. I'm a bit apprehensive to try it again, but maybe in a couple weeks ill give it another go. It could absolutely been a coincidence, which I hope was the case.

WITHE1982

Mervils is one of those games that would get passed over as a generic 3D platformer with ugly art if it wasn't in VR. In VR, it's some of the most fun I've had. Highly recommended.

I'd echo this.

Seeing Mervil's on YouTube you can be forgiven for thinking it's nothing but a low budget clunky 3D platformer. However, after Batman arkham VR, it's the game that's given me the most "Wow factor". Not that's it's graphically that impressive but what it does is gives a glimpse into the massive potential of old school platforming using VR.

I had serious Mario 64 flashbacks while playing.

ckohler

Tried PSVR on a Pro at relatives house a week or so ago. Even given the limitations of the hardware clarity etc I was absolutely blown away and fell in love. Played Until Dawn and really thought it was great. Absolutely zero motion sickness while I was playing, which made me very happy as I was worried how it would affect me. About an hour later I was completely overcome with nausea, spent the next few days vomiting every hour or so. I've got CVS and I hoping the cycle wasn't brought on by VR. I'm a bit apprehensive to try it again, but maybe in a couple weeks ill give it another go. It could absolutely been a coincidence, which I hope was the case.

Hard to say. Usually, motion sickness doesn't last that long. Just for a day. How long did you play? I made the mistake of playing for like three hours my first time, trying a bunch of different games. Got me really sick the next day but it got better the following.

It turned out my body just needed to adjust more slowly. I can play VR with zero problems now.

Drain You

Hard to say. Usually, motion sickness doesn't last that long. Just for a day. How long did you play? I made the mistake of playing for like three hours my first time, trying a bunch of different games. Got me really sick the next day but it got better the following.

It turned out my body just needed to adjust more slowly. I can play VR with zero problems now.

The nature of CVS ( Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome ) is what would make the nausea last so long. If I get motion sickness it could just throw me into a cycle. Not PSVR's fault at all really just a personal issue I have. I just hope it was pure coincidence and bad timing.

I think I only played for maybe 20 minutes? I'm def going to be trying it again though cause I really did love it, much more than I expected.

ChouGoku

Mervils is one of those games that would get passed over as a generic 3D platformer with ugly art if it wasn't in VR. In VR, it's some of the most fun I've had. Highly recommended.

I'd echo this.

Seeing Mervil's on YouTube you can be forgiven for thinking it's nothing but a low budget clunky 3D platformer. However, after Batman arkham VR, it's the game that's given me the most "Wow factor". Not that's it's graphically that impressive but what it does is gives a glimpse into the massive potential of old school platforming using VR.

I had serious Mario 64 flashbacks while playing.
I got Mervils because of this, I'll try it out tomorrow

PrinceKee

I haven't played my PS VR in months. Is there any reviews for Farpoint yet? Any other new VR games come out that are worth checking out? Looks like I've missed quite a few looking at the VR section on the PlayStation store...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
How is 100f robot golf anyway? It looks cool but seemingly hasn't been that well received-

I really enjoy it... out of VR. The VR implementation is god-awful.

Yep same here. Games that aren't designed for vr but wants to be compatible should just make the user into a third person camera.

This thread just reminded me that I preordered the farpoint controller bundle over a month ago. Totally forgot about it. Was about to check amazon to buy it again.

I haven't played my PS VR in months. Is there any reviews for Farpoint yet? Any other new VR games come out that are worth checking out? Looks like I've missed quite a few looking at the VR section on the PlayStation store...

Nope, it's just RE7 and Farpoint (soon). Hopefully there will be a third game next year.

Driveclub and Dirt VR are great. Until Dawn and Battlezone are a ton of fun and I Expect You To Die and Batman are the best "experience" style games.

MattAces

So Farpoint is next big game... any reviews/previews?
Looks good or bad?

Honestly speaking, asking everybody. If you are REALLY interested in Farpoint because of using the Aim controller blasting aliens, why are you waiting for reviews? Unless the game turns out to be extremely broken and the Aim controller is terrible in aiming, we already know game length, challenge mode, co-op and games that supports it. Are you really expecting mind blowing story, I mean what if the reviewer told you the story is awful but shooting is fun, will you still buy it? Are you really buying it for the story? For $30 or $40 I really do think the price is worth it for 4 to 5 games. Even if I finish Farpoint, I can occasionally just boot up and shoot some aliens.

Synless

noah.png

A question that maybe someone in here can answer. Playing on a PS4 Pro I think Bound's image quality is amazing. However, RE7's image quality is muddy in comparison and I don't believe this is due to the visual style. Does RE7 not run at the full resolution of the PSVR headset like Bound does?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
How is 100f robot golf anyway? It looks cool but seemingly hasn't been that well received-

The dev themselves seems to regret putting in VR because it affected the review of the game

PS VR mode also didn't review well for a bunch of very specific design reason

Got PSVR few days ago. Initially I felt nauseated when I played RE7, Driveclub demo, but now I am fine. It's an awesome technology. Batman VR is mind blowing. Though graphics in many games leave a lot to be desired. Especially Driveclub.

MattAces

Got PSVR few days ago. Initially I felt nauseated when I played RE7, Driveclub demo, but now I am fine. It's an awesome technology. Batman VR is mind blowing. Though graphics in many games leave a lot to be desired. Especially Driveclub.

Driveclub is easily the worst looking title in PSVR. Do you have a Pro or a standard PS4? RE7 looks good in Pro. Most of the game with simplistic graphic tend to look much sharper and cleaner in VR.

Freeman76

Even though I cannot say I regret buying this as it was an amazing experience, I am so tempted to sell it because there arent many interesting things on the horizon. Gonna wait til E3 but seriously considering selling while its still worth close to purchase price. Its so true that its a great demo tech but has few lasting experiences as yet, I know its only early in the lifecycle but signs are not great.

Top Bottom