• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Mendrox

Nieces and nephews avid gamers. They tried. momentary wow, then went to something more engaging.

Frankly, i hated sports bar myself. Werewolves within was awesome, and was a great primer for what I expected Star Trek to be. What I expected (and one of the videos I saw prior to PSVR's launch) was a social hub. Sony had been developing something internally that housed a hub and a bunch of mini games, and it wasn't Playroom. Do I expect it to come out? Eventually, but the window had passed for me, and I was a day one owner. I would get my social interaction with other PSVR people from either Gaf or /r/psvr, but it started to annoy me that there was no sony polished experience ready to go so that PSVR wouldn't feel so isolating.

When I tell you that i had a huge library, I mean I had a HUGE library. We tried DriveClub, Mervils, one room in RE...all of it made her sick. Except Headmaster. Playroom just bored her. It got to the point where she didn't want to even put it on her head. It made her sick within MOMENTS. That killed that dead.

I'm glad that you're finding success with your experiences. By the time I got around to trying Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, it was too late. Nobody was interested. Shame because I had it for PSVR and GEAR VR (before I went back to iPHONE). Other than Werewolves Within, there just wasn't much out there. Perhaps my expectations were way too high because coming from GEAR VR where they have the AMAZING vTIME, I expected to Sony to have something comparable or better. They had NOTHING. I waited and Sony hasn't even announced anything.

Yeah this was the killer for me. I read /r/psvr, gaf, VR Focus, Road To VR, Upload VR daily. I listen to all of the VR podcasts and all of the gaming podcast with VR in them. Maybe the doom and gloom just got to me because the enthusiasm from the general gaming industry was just tepid at best. Listening to indie devs talk about losing money and not wanting to create content due to risk was just killing me. I loved the tech, but the likelihood of seeing cool shit on the platform seemed to be dwindling by the day.

Gaming press like GiantBomb, Glixel, Beastcast, Waypoint...on and on, just ripping into PSVR like Gaf rips into SFV. If the general apathy around the tech was this strong now, it seemed like it wasn't going to improve much.

Sony game lineup was the straw, though. Not that it was bad, but more horror, more gun games, more dpad experiences. There were interesting things mixed in, sure, but I looked at the roadmap for the next year and decided that now might be a good time to reassess and get off the train. Worst case? PSVR does poorly and the headset goes down in price in the used market. I already bought a PRO for PSVR, so the headset down the road will only be cheaper. Best case? PSVR improves, industry support is robust, and it's an easy buy down the road.

Either way? I opted to go with a SWITCH and call it a day.

Okay I see but why the hell would you let someone play Driveclub and Resident Evil for the first time even though it's known they can put people easily off cause of the sickness? Games where you wouldnt have to move would habe changed that :/ I do the same everytime and ease everyone in with VR Videos and Tumble and more.

Also i wouldnt read too much into the negatives from forums and reddit. Even that one article about indies loosing money wasnt that completely true and the bullshit VR haters try to derail it every time. No surprise you got a bit gloomy sadly. But you will surely rejoin :p there are too many games coming out the next months

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Selling my PSVR was a tough choice. I lost a good deal of money, frankly, but better to sell now than later for me. I sold for multiple reasons. I loved PSVR. let me put out that out there first. I committed enough to have so many digital purchases that I'll have a good library should I pick it up again down the road.

I had to be realistic about how often I'd get the opportunity to play it. I purchased it because I've been in love with the idea of VR for years, but as a father, it's really tough squirreling away time to disconnect completely from the world for, perhaps, 40 minutes with a game. Resident Evil or Mervils is so engaging that it's easy to lose yourself within the experience. However, I felt like I was in some kind of secretive relationship playing in the late hours of the night, oblivious to anything around me.

Combine that with the fact that I bought it in hopes that it would stimulate social experiences between the wife, nephews, nieces, and other family members - and the end result was underwhelming. Wife couldn't play anything other than headmaster. Everything else made her sick. Relatives and friends? Totally uninterested. Couldn't pay them to engage. When you take the social part out of the gaming experience, it loses a lot of its luster.

The dealbreaker for me was the type of games that Sony seems to get behind. The PSVR gun thing was a very strange and telling choice for me. I want more quirky experiences, or the freedom to have new and interesting experiences with the PS MOVE option. They locked move options into the gun, which really only makes one type of gaming experience. That worried me.

Listening to the lackluster support from indie third parties about PSVR (they'll all make games for Oculus or Vive, but PSVR less so) made me realize that now was the time to sell it. Because the hardware is here, it's only going to be cheaper.

As the platform matures, and the price of the headset goes down (or tech improves) then I'll give it another look. I want to see how the indie devs feel. Why wasn't there a simple travel experience game on the platform? Something that's like a portal to different cities and countries all over the world? Or a social game? Like Ps Home?

There was too much missing and Sony's silence too long. I hope to be wrong in the future, but right now...?

You can consider showing them some family-friendly VR contents like Tilt Brush. Also, you might want to try out REC Room. Its free, have a very active player base and the dev update it with new content periodically so things never get old.

Selling my PSVR was a tough choice. I lost a good deal of money, frankly, but better to sell now than later for me. I sold for multiple reasons. I loved PSVR. let me put out that out there first. I committed enough to have so many digital purchases that I'll have a good library should I pick it up again down the road.

I had to be realistic about how often I'd get the opportunity to play it. I purchased it because I've been in love with the idea of VR for years, but as a father, it's really tough squirreling away time to disconnect completely from the world for, perhaps, 40 minutes with a game. Resident Evil or Mervils is so engaging that it's easy to lose yourself within the experience. However, I felt like I was in some kind of secretive relationship playing in the late hours of the night, oblivious to anything around me.

Combine that with the fact that I bought it in hopes that it would stimulate social experiences between the wife, nephews, nieces, and other family members - and the end result was underwhelming. Wife couldn't play anything other than headmaster. Everything else made her sick. Relatives and friends? Totally uninterested. Couldn't pay them to engage. When you take the social part out of the gaming experience, it loses a lot of its luster.

The dealbreaker for me was the type of games that Sony seems to get behind. The PSVR gun thing was a very strange and telling choice for me. I want more quirky experiences, or the freedom to have new and interesting experiences with the PS MOVE option. They locked move options into the gun, which really only makes one type of gaming experience. That worried me.

Listening to the lackluster support from indie third parties about PSVR (they'll all make games for Oculus or Vive, but PSVR less so) made me realize that now was the time to sell it. Because the hardware is here, it's only going to be cheaper.

As the platform matures, and the price of the headset goes down (or tech improves) then I'll give it another look. I want to see how the indie devs feel. Why wasn't there a simple travel experience game on the platform? Something that's like a portal to different cities and countries all over the world? Or a social game? Like Ps Home?

There was too much missing and Sony's silence too long. I hope to be wrong in the future, but right now...?

This is quite a different mindset than the poster I quoted. In this case it is understandable as it didn't really fit what you wanted from it, well not in a way to continually experience the early development of the platform.

Gaming for me has never been a social experience except for couch multiplayer as a child. Relationships and gaming have never mixed in my case so in general I treat it very similar to reading and I actually prefer that so VR is no different. Having young children would change my usage of VR and very much understandable on why it would become a bit of a problem.

I am a bit disappointed with how Sony so far has handled things but it is the norm for them. I want them to get Google Earth on the platform, a decent creative application (maybe this will be Dreams but who knows), and after recently playing a few games in VR on the Dolphin emulator (Metroid Prime 3, Wind Waker and Mario Galaxy 2) a bevy of older games such as Unfinished Swan/Puppeteer/Journey/Kingdom Hearts/Okami retrofitted with VR essentially to be the remastered games that littered the early days of the PS4 whilst unique content arrives. I also dislike all the gun stuff but there seem to be a lot of people who really enjoy that stuff, I thought it was a shame they have invested so much in multiplayer games when there is a small user base which only adds to diluting communities for those games which are required for them to thrive. For me I don't really see the point in focusing on the social aspect when the USP of the product is solitary experiences, though I do think there is huge potential for things like werewolves within if expanded upon in a haunted house murder mystery escape room mix.

MattAces

MMORPG Age Of Heroes VR from Onmigames will be coming to PlayStation VR later in 2017. https://youtu.be/3WRwu8INMm4

They went back and forth with their wording. There was a kickstarter page funding $10k in 6 days, I think they will still continue development even if they didn't hit the goal, but with $15k as the PSVR stretch goal. Then they also mention they will make a PSVR version if they have the resource by the time they're done with PC.

nampad

Less than 2 weeks to go until Farpoint releases and I still can't find any place where I can preorder ONLY the aim controller. FUCK YOU SONY!

Amazon.de doesn't even have the game+controller available except from some marketplace shop.

audio_delay

Neo Member
Less than 2 weeks to go until Farpoint releases and I still can't find any place where I can preorder ONLY the aim controller. FUCK YOU SONY!

Amazon.de doesn't even have the game+controller available except from some marketplace shop.

I don't know if it works for non Uk residents, but amazon uk has it for preorder. I am sure you can use the £5 off code for it, until the 07/MAY. So if you are desperate, it might be worth it.

Okay I see but why the hell would you let someone play Driveclub and Resident Evil for the first time even though it's known they can put people easily off cause of the sickness? Games where you wouldnt have to move would habe changed that :/ I do the same everytime and ease everyone in with VR Videos and Tumble and more.

lol...the irony is that the first game i try with everyone is VR worlds. Specifically the ocean demo. That was the big first sign that I was in trouble. Nobody enjoyed it enough to finish it. Granted, the wife didn't get sick on this one, but she couldn't deal with the shark so she'd bail early. Everyone else? tried, not interested enough (or too scared) to finish. Forgot to mention that one. You're right, certain games are built for showcasing VR to first timers. London Heist was the only thing that people enjoyed - that first area when you're in the bar. That was awesome.

nampad

I don't know if it works for non Uk residents, but amazon uk has it for preorder. I am sure you can use the £5 off code for it, until the 07/MAY. So if you are desperate, it might be worth it.

I only want the controller because I prefer my VR games to be digital for 2 reasons:

1. I share them with my brother.
2. Switching games without taking the headset off is way more convenient.

It is a disgrace that you still can't preorder only the controller when it will be also usable in other games and they are also selling the game digitally.

lol...the irony is that the first game i try with everyone is VR worlds. Specifically the ocean demo. That was the big first sign that I was in trouble. Nobody enjoyed it enough to finish it. Granted, the wife didn't get sick on this one, but she couldn't deal with the shark so she'd bail early. Everyone else? tried, not interested enough (or too scared) to finish. Forgot to mention that one. You're right, certain games are built for showcasing VR to first timers. London Heist was the only thing that people enjoyed - that first area when you're in the bar. That was awesome.

People I showed it liked it but the built up to the shark attack takes way too long. There should be a demo just with the shark. It is what everyone wants to see anyway.

People I showed it liked it but the built up to the shark attack takes way too long. There should be a demo just with the shark. It is what everyone wants to see anyway.

It's weird but i guess that's my biggest complaint about VR, which, unfairly, is the difference between my personal expectations and how Sony sees VR working. You're right, people just want the shark bit, but after playing it, I wanted to explore the ocean and see things I've never seen before. That's the point of VR, right? To offer experiences and to take you to places that you haven't been before?

For example, would I like an open world VR game? Sure. However, what I want - and what I'm really surprised that devs haven't been doing are travel/ exploration experiences. Even if I'm just teleporting to a cafe or different stationary spots across the country/world, I'd love to just go to different places with fully animated crowds of people engaging in various activities just to people watch and go through different AI routines.

For example, you teleport to a cafe in brazil on a busy Brazil street in Rio. Sure, all of the people can look stylized and cartoony, but the street is full of life and people engage in various AI routines. A waiter comes over and offers a menu, and you can just sit there and order stuff from the menu using your MOVE controller and watch people GTA style just live life with various stories. It can even be a co-op game ala Journey or something where another random person can teleport into the seat next to you and you can chat and people watch together. It can have mini games built in like cards, dominoes, or tic tac toe that you can play against someone else.

But that's just one place.

You can teleport to a city in the middle of a riot and watch the protestors Dynasty Warriors style duke it out and yell their chants on whatever their belief system is.

Jump to Nepal or the Safari and take photos of creatures in the wild.

or you can make it historical or educational. Jump to middle of a crowd during the Million Man March or the Inauguration of Barak Obama and chat with someone there over the noise and history. You're totally stationary in all of these scenarios, so movement (and related sickness) isn't an issue, but the idea of making a travel game where all of the energy is put into making cool environments and interesting A.I. routines to watch is one of those things that really does what ordinary gaming can't.

I expected a lot more of THAT from VR, and less Farpoint, which is totally fine. I'm just surprised that either everyone is doubling down on horror games I wanted to play RE7 and Paranormal Activity as bad as anyone else, sure. However, 'm shocked that we weren't getting more google earth or Job Simulator experience to balance things out.

The Invisible Hours

The-Invisible-Hours-A-Mysterious-VR-Game-2.jpg

theinvisiblehoursvr-800x500.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8niGWJLcMc
http://www.tequilaworks.com/en/the-invisible-hours/

Oh nice.

ChouGoku

I really don't get this mindset when it comes to early adopters be it PSVR or any new piece of hardware. Releases are never huge in the first year and announcements don't normally come properly until the E3/Gamescom/PGW/TGS which haven't happened yet, even then they aren't the bigger names until year two. The lack of big announcements is nothing new for any hardware at this point in time and in terms of releases regardless of them being to your tastes or not are very healthy (just compare the amount of releases with other console first year releases and you will see it is much better than most). Then there is the fact that Sony are infamously quiet on pretty much everything hardware related.
Exactly. I feel exactly the same with my PSVR as I did when I first got my PS4. The new graphics floored me in Killzone but I was pretty bored and played my PS3 often until like a year and a half after I got the system. I did the same with my PS3 relative to PS2. RE7 floored me and I think VR will be the future of gaming but at the moment its new console status, and with the amazing shit coming out so far this year, I'll be ok that my new console doesn't have the library of a 3 year old console.

Alienous

So is Farpoint looking like it'll be worth buying? I'm sort of interested in playing a built-for-VR experience with a built-for-VR controller, but everything I'm able to find of it points to it being a glorified tech-demo experience.

Ogni-XR21

I've shown the shark dive to at least 11 people and there might have been 1 person that wasn't really into it. Everone else was amazed and loved it. No one found the build up too long but they enjoyed it for the deep sea diving sensation alone. Heck, even my nephew who has the attention span of a goldfish enjoyed it all the way through turning on my swivel chair in total awe...

The most boring thing about it was watching it on the social screen 11 times.

But I can still see your point in selling it. For me it was one of the best gaming purchases in a very long time. I really enjoy this era of exploring new possibilities even if some stuff is rather short and you will also come across some real stinkers. To me gaming gets boring once the sequels set in and all that really changes is the polish games receive and everything is the same tried and true stuff with almost no innovation at all.

*Splinter

"Experiences"
Each to his own I guess, but for me VR (and in fact any medium you can think of) is more interesting when it's doing something I couldn't do in real life. If I wanted to sit in a cafe in a busy street... Well, I could go do that, and with far better "immersion" than even VR could provide. If I wanted to pilot a mech in a futuristic arena in front of a packed crowd, or turn into some kind of beetle thing and... smash stuff? Well can't do that in this life, but VR will show it off well.

I feel that a lot of people fell into the hype with VR. I bought PSVR because I wanted plug and play VR solution with curated content. My expectation was a lot of smaller indie type experiences/games along with an occasional AAA game from Sony/major third party publisher. Anyone who expected steady flow of AAA releases was fooling themselves. Big publishers will only tip their toes until we have larger install base on all 3 major headsets, which might take years. Sony will be more aggressive, but traditional flat PS4 games will take priority for them as well.

Lets be honest here. PSVR will never hit PS4 numbers because it is not for everyone. Some people get nausea. Some people don't like being isolated from the rest of the world. Others don't like the hassle of setting up camera and putting the headset on.

I think that most of us would agree that PSVR had great launch line up and launch window. PSVR came out 6 months after VIVE/Oculus, so we got good mix of VIVE/Oculus ports along with Sony first party and third party sponsored content culminating with RE 7 release. Since that time, I feel that frequency of quality releases slowed down significantly. This month is an exception with both Farpoint and Star Trek coming out.

Still, I am happy with my purchase. The potential for VR is immense. It is truly a paradigm shift in gaming and entertainment, so I doubt that it will go away. It is exciting to be at the forefront of this new medium and see the developers trying to figure it all out. Some of these developers will fail and fold, but some will succeed. New franchises and genres will be born. It is exciting to be a part of it.

Traditional flat AAA games bore me at this point. In fact, before VR came along, I was asking myself if video games are even for me anymore. I can only play the same game/genre so many times... As game budgets ballooned, AAA games become more and more boring, safe, and by numbers types of affairs. The law of diminishing returns hit with graphics as well. It became increasingly hard for me to get excited about new AAA releases.

VR makes traditional AAA gaming far more exciting for me. Rigs, RE7, and Dirt Rally are prime examples of that. Some of less popular/dead genres like Adventure, Strategy, Space/flight sims, Light Gun, and God games can get a new life in VR. Plus, we get cool and more experimental stuff like Batman Arkham VR, Allumette, Eagle Flight, Statik, I Expect You to Die, Windlands, Harmonix Music VR, and Werewolves Within.

Unlike consoles/PCs, we are still in early days when it comes to hardware, and we will be seeing tangible improvements with each new hardware iteration for years to come like wireless headsets, increased screen resolution, eye tracking, better headset tracking, better input methods etc.

Still, it would be great to have a big AAA killer app for VR, and I am getting tired of multiplayer only, wave shooter games, and shovelware. A big open world RPG or MMORPG is solely missing. For E3, I am hoping for 2-3 big AAA announcements from Sony/big third party publishers and some cool indies. It would be great if Fallout 4 comes to PSVR or perhaps, Destiny 2 in VR.

So is Farpoint looking like it'll be worth buying? I'm sort of interested in playing a built-for-VR experience with a built-for-VR controller, but everything I'm able to find of it points to it being a glorified tech-demo experience.

It's got co-op horde mode.

Can't see that not being fun with the boys.

...but I wouldn't expect the awesome story most FPS's have *rolls eyes*

iratA

There's literally plenty of content. Read the last OT of PSVR.
But for the future....I've never heard of these games but they look fun and interesting.

The Persistence

ThePersistence_03.jpg

the-persistence-2017311123016_1.jpg

the-persistence-2017311123016_2.jpg

Trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hruXZ-ylQX0

Syndrome

046358.jpg

046357.jpg

Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tBX213IGRA

The Invisible Hours

The-Invisible-Hours-A-Mysterious-VR-Game-2.jpg

theinvisiblehoursvr-800x500.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8niGWJLcMc
http://www.tequilaworks.com/en/the-invisible-hours/

mmmm loving the look of that Invisible Hours game. Even if its more of a story over gameplay type thing, it looks super well produced. Going to be Day 1 on that thing.

Also The Persistence looks good too. Already locked in for Farpoint, and Tekken's VR support looks decent, we'll see how E3 goes! PSVR is only really warming up.

D23

I'm ready to dive back in to my psvr after a long hiatus after re7. Farpoint better not disappoint.

I'm ready to dive back in to my psvr after a long hiatus after re7. Farpoint better not disappoint.

I have been jumping in lately after not really playing much for a while. I actually had to earn my VR legs again since I started to feel motion sick again like I did back at launch. So I am basically starting from square one. Luckily, it doesnt appear to take as long as it did the first time since I have noticed I can play longer and longer much quicker than before.

Mendrox

Man be honest to yourself. Did you like the shark thing in VR worlds? That is the only thing in that game that I havent finished yet. You show people something awesome and they will think it's awesome. Ocean Odyssee was not awesome but boring bullshit.

TheBear

I think I might play Farpoint, wait for E3 and if nothing announced blows my socks off, then sell my
Psvr for a Rift and go sim racing. Still like VR, but none of these games are really doing it for me. Need more stuff like RE7, which I feel like was a brilliant exception rather than the rule for at least the next few years or so.

From another thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369858

There were a few suggestive tweets by the devs a while back but this "VR compatible" logo appeared in an official PlayStation newsletter in at least two languages.

MlfRWix.png

Bring it on!

Moar X-Wing missn plzzzz ...

Quick question, is 3D movies only supported via BD, and not by ripped files? I could have sworn I've heard people discussing that both work fine on Littlestar, but a quick scout around comes back negative ...

Man be honest to yourself. Did you like the shark thing in VR worlds? That is the only thing in that game that I havent finished yet. You show people something awesome and they will think it's awesome. Ocean Odyssee was not awesome but boring bullshit.
I was disappointed that after you do the scripted part, that there was no option to explore the reef on your own. Find new fish. Feel like an explorer.

Shoeless

mmmm loving the look of that Invisible Hours game. Even if its more of a story over gameplay type thing, it looks super well produced. Going to be Day 1 on that thing.

Yeah, I have to admit the idea of actually being "in" a 19th century Victorian murder mystery has a lot of appeal. This is pretty much Star Trek "holo novel" stuff when you start moving into this territory. I really hope it's done well and I've got my eye on it too.

Taker666

I was disappointed that after you do the scripted part, that there was no option to explore the reef on your own. Find new fish. Feel like an explorer.

It really was the most throwaway part of VR Worlds...very slow to get to the action as well.

I hope we'll get a quality VR scuba game along the lines of Endless Ocean on the Wii.

It really was the most throwaway part of VR Worlds...very slow to get to the action as well.

I hope we'll get a quality VR scuba game along the lines of Endless Ocean on the Wii.

World Of Diving is supposedly coming, not heard anything about it for ages though.

I know it's PC focussed currently, but I'm really hoping Subnautica is a viable VR experience once its development finishes. If it's successful enough, who knows perhaps they might port it over to PS4/VR.

That looks like it would an amazing, potentially scary as shit experience in VR. From what I can tell at the moment the performance isn't stable enough to work properly in VR.

Joystick

Quick question, is 3D movies only supported via BD, and not by ripped files? I could have sworn I've heard people discussing that both work fine on Littlestar, but a quick scout around comes back negative ...

3D media is supported using Littlstar. The files need to be named appropriately to tell Littlstar what format they are in.

• If the video is 180 degrees then add _180 to the filename.
  • If the video is 360 degrees add _360 to the filename.
  • If it is 3D in side-by-side format add _sbs.
  • If it is 3D in the over-under (also called top-and-bottom) add _ou.
  • Don't include any other underscores _ in the filename.

Examples: deep ocean_360_sbs.mp4, main-theatre_180_ou.mp4.

Use a fast USB memory stick/HDD for best results. You can play videos at least up to 15Mbps but they need to be in the right video format so if you're having trouble try converting to h.264, AVC.

Planet

You accidently left out the most important letter of the name: a 'y'. It is Bloody Zombies!

Most important because: WHY would anyone want to play this? WHY is this labeled as a VR title while not providing any hint how this is supposed to work in VR? WHY does Sony keep promoting low quality games on their official YouTube channel?

You accidently left out the most important letter of the name: a 'y'. It is Bloody Zombies!

Most important because: WHY would anyone want to play this? WHY is this labeled as a VR title while not providing any hint how this is supposed to work in VR? WHY does Sony keep promoting low quality games on their official YouTube channel?

When using PSVR, you get an enhanced viewpoint designed with a wider field of view and the ability to lean in and look around each level and fight in a diorama-style viewpoint. You can also provide tactical support to other players.

Planet

Sorry for being so overdramatic. Got carried away a bit. ;)

Maybe it's even fun to play, hopefully it doesn't have as severe z-axis problems as many similar games.

Topper

pretty excited for farpoint and dick wilde this month, I wish farpoint had some kind of a pvp mode though, hopefully the hoard mode is good.

I got DirtRally for 20 bucks on Amazon, and it is arriving today. I didn't want to pay 70 bucks for the VR experience, so now it's 20 + 12 for DLC. Prepping for the arrival, I threw in Drive Club VR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Oz1ur5NRw

What I found about DCVR is there are levels to that setup

I had been playing with no brake assist and hardcore handling and didn't know I had that set up. I took it off, hardcore and put the brakes on low. I found my experience much better. I need to build up to hardcore the difference is crazy because DCVR is really arcade and some of the driving principles don't apply and it really messes me up.

3D media is supported using Littlstar. The files need to be named appropriately to tell Littlstar what format they are in.

• If the video is 180 degrees then add _180 to the filename.
  • If the video is 360 degrees add _360 to the filename.
  • If it is 3D in side-by-side format add _sbs.
  • If it is 3D in the over-under (also called top-and-bottom) add _ou.
  • Don't include any other underscores _ in the filename.

Examples: deep ocean_360_sbs.mp4, main-theatre_180_ou.mp4.

Use a fast USB memory stick/HDD for best results. You can play videos at least up to 15Mbps but they need to be in the right video format so if you're having trouble try converting to h.264, AVC.

Super appreciated, TY

Yeah, I have to admit the idea of actually being "in" a 19th century Victorian murder mystery has a lot of appeal. This is pretty much Star Trek "holo novel" stuff when you start moving into this territory. I really hope it's done well and I've got my eye on it too.
Temper your expectations with Invisible Hours. It isn't a game. It's a narrative that you can experience different perspectives from to gain an understanding of the entire plot. There is no game aspect to it. It was featured in one of the recent episodes of Tested's "Projections"

Shoeless

Temper your expectations with Invisible Hours. It isn't a game. It's a narrative that you can experience different perspectives from to gain an understanding of the entire plot. There is no game aspect to it. It was featured in one of the recent episodes of Tested's "Projections"

Well, that's made my enthusiasm for the game plummet. If it's just an real-time version of the movies you can watch on Within, and other VR viewing apps, that's hardly worth it. Taking the interactivity out of VR is basically hobbling half the appeal. Maybe I'll pass on this after all if that's all it is.

Holy shit, what did I get myself into? I purchased DirtRally on the cheap for the VR mode. And, I found out I don't know shit about Rally Racing and this fucking game had me sweating like Shaquille in the 4th Quarter. I may try again later, but damn, I feel light headed.

Well, that's made my enthusiasm for the game plummet. If it's just an real-time version of the movies you can watch on Within, and other VR viewing apps, that's hardly worth it. Taking the interactivity out of VR is basically hobbling half the appeal. Maybe I'll pass on this after all if that's all it is.
I believe they said there may be some slight interactivity with objects in the environment, but there is no "game" - you can't alter the outcomes or interact with the story

Top Bottom