• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

so, basically Hitman 3 is the first confirmed VR game on PS5, isn't it?

because PS4 can handle the older trilogy just fine, but no way it can handle that level of detail in the framerate VR requires without resorting to lower, blurrier resolution than NMS...

still, it doesn't confirm current psvr as its medium on PS5

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned

because PS4 can handle the older trilogy just fine, but no way it can handle that level of detail in the framerate VR requires without resorting to lower, blurrier resolution than NMS...

I think all three hitman games will be psvr compatible is how I took it on ps4

Resenge

It said PSVR on the trailer, so I'm expecting it to be PSVR compatible at the very least.

Rudius

We can't be sure the visuals in trailer are what we will get, but those graphics looked very nice for VR.
There is some aliasing though, so it's not just a CGI.

Rudius

Announced during today’s State of Play showcase, HITMAN 3 will include PS VR support at launch in January 2021. We’re incredibly excited to share this news! We’ve been keeping it a secret for a long time now and it’s a great feeling to finally talk about HITMAN in VR. From the breathtaking start in a Dubai skyscraper to the final campaign mission of HITMAN 3 and the dramatic conclusion to the entire trilogy, it can all be enjoyed in first-person VR. HITMAN 3 adds PS VR support for launch in January 2021 HITMAN 3 is the end of the trilogy, but it’s only the beginning when we talk about HITMAN in VR. We’re proud to announce that we are bringing VR support to every location from all three games.

That’s right! Every location from the World of Assassination trilogy can be played in VR, when you play them in HITMAN 3. We’re working to finalize the specifics for how PSVR owners can enjoy Hitman in VR, and we’ll have more details to share in the months ahead. As a reminder, it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that you own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place.

HITMAN 3 VR will change the way you play the game by giving you a first person view and allowing you to get truly immersed into the rich and detailed locations that the series is known for. Whether you’re in disguise and walking down the catwalk at a fashion show in Paris, enjoying the seaside in Sapienza or infiltrating a bank in New York, HITMAN in VR literally gives you a brand new perspective in first person. You’ll stand face-to-face with your targets and look them in the eyes, blend-in to a busy crowd and hear the chatter and conversations happening around you and interact with items using your hands. For example, you can swing a frying pan in whatever angle you want to knock out a guard – and then use it to deflect any bullets that are fired at you as you make your escape! We can’t wait to welcome new players to our World of Assassination and see how our community can use VR support to create unique and interesting ways to play our game. The launch of HITMAN 3 in January 2021 can’t come soon enough! More HITMAN 3 news will be coming your way before launch, so stay tuned!

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Can someone clarify me about the Hitman Series? The last one I played was Hitman 2: Silent Assassin on PC more than a decade ago. Does this trilogy include that game? Is this Hitman 2 a remake of Silent Assassin? A reboot? An episode? Or just a different game with the same number?

Last edited:
Can someone clarify me about the Hitman Series? The last one I played was Hitman 2: Silent Assassin on PC more than a decade ago. Does this trilogy include that game? Is this Hitman 2 a remake of Silent Assassin? A reboot? An episode? Or just a different game with the same number?

willing to know more about it too

it seems the series had an HD remaster collection called Hitman Trilogy for PS3, so that means they were PS2 games?

is that the trilogy that is coming for psvr? Is Hitman 3 itself in VR, but certainly not on PS4?

Rudius

It is basically Hitman 3 (January 2021) in VR, but you can import and play the levels of the first 2 PS4 games in VR, the first (reboot) from 2016 and the second from 2018. The levels are lunched from Hitman 3, so all of them should have updated graphics and gameplay, on par with 3. It is explained in the PS blog.

It is basically Hitman 3 (January 2021) in VR, but you can import and play the levels of the first 2 PS4 games in VR, the first (reboot) from 2016 and the second from 2018. The levels are lunched from Hitman 3, so all of them should have updated graphics and gameplay, on par with 3. It is explained in the PS blog.

Awesome :messenger_sunglasses:

Grinchy

Banned
Hitman in VR sounds pretty sweet. The way they worded it during the SOP was really vague and confusing, though. Nice to see some more info above.

And yeah, the whole time they were showing Crash 4, all I could think about was how I wished it was fully playable on PSVR. The depth perception you get from VR helps 3rd person platforming a lot.

Wonko_C

Thanks! Will look into that.

Rudius

Hitman in VR sounds pretty sweet. The way they worded it during the SOP was really vague and confusing, though. Nice to see some more info above.

And yeah, the whole time they were showing Crash 4, all I could think about was how I wished it was fully playable on PSVR. The depth perception you get from VR helps 3rd person platforming a lot.
I would love to play the Crash and Spyro games in VR! Dreams prooves those styles translate well.

They run at 30fps on PS4, so it would require downgrades and development time to run it on PS4 VR, but the PS5 can handle those at 60 stereoscopic with ease. It all depends on VR gamers putting some pressure on them 🥺

it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that you own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place.

Btw, if you can import locations from previous games, friendly reminder that Hitman 2 is right now very cheap on sale on PSN...

I don't plan on playing it flat, but I'm likely buying it already to import later. Though they will probably have a bundle as well on launch...

AceofJakes

Anyone in the UK know where I can get some move controllers even if they're bundled in with iron man, looked on and off for like 2 months and nowhere I can see stock them anymore!

Resenge

Please tell me hitman vr isn't a ps exclusive
Not sure yet. I would put money on that it's not a full exclusive, maybe timed?

I haven't looked hard enough but has anyone seen if there is confirmed motion control support? or is it just a quick port with controller support only. My guess would be a port without motion controller support like Resident Evil but I would be happy to be wrong.

Last edited:
there is confirmed motion control support?

For example, you can swing a frying pan in whatever angle you want to knock out a guard – and then use it to deflect any bullets that are fired at you as you make your escape!

this hints at motion control support, as well as that cord in the neck in the trailer. Guess to blend in, holding a cocktail in your hands would be nice as well...

definitely not gamepad

Dreams is such a punch to the stomach of so many VR indies and their limited games and BS excuses...

a single amateur doing what VR indies have been denying us on psvr all these years: top visuals, large maps, no-frills FPS action with speed, double jumps and vicious dinosaurs and robots for a challenge...

it's a bit formulaic, but the potential is there... and btw, it didn't make my Pro scream at all, so very optimized and ready for more.

each time I dreamsurf I always find a gem like this...

Looks very nice. I hope this game has some kind of support for PS5 in VR, even if it's just for resolution increase.

frankly, I can't see how it will run like that on PS4 VR at all.

I'm expecting just as much of a blurry low-res mess as NMS and some Dreams creations. These games need PS5.

so the tweet is either confirmation for PS5 enhanced VR mode or a pcvr port.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
frankly, I can't see how it will run like that on PS4 VR at all.

I'm expecting just as much of a blurry low-res mess as NMS and some Dreams creations. These games need PS5.

so the tweet is either confirmation for PS5 enhanced VR mode or a pcvr port.

Yeah NO WAY that's PS4 or PS4 Pro.

Hitman 3 looking hot.

I have no clue how Survios did it, but TWD Onslaught is both looking and likely playing better (more variation and more enemies) than TWD Saints and Sinners... mind-blowing stuff, just unsure if PS4 can handle it or we're seeing PS5 in action... (or just pc version as usual)

Last edited:

Rudius

Hitman 3 looking hot.

I have no clue how Survios did it, but TWD Onslaught is both looking and likely playing better (more variation and more enemies) than TWD Saints and Sinners... mind-blowing stuff, just unsure if PS4 can handle it or we're seeing PS5 in action... (or just pc version as usual)

That part in the Hitman video when he is hiding in the grass is awesome, just how I imagined playing The Last of Us 2 in VR would be.

The game seems to have it all: full locomotion, melee combat, shooting, great graphics, lots of places to go.

Dr. Claus

Banned
That part in the Hitman video when he is hiding in the grass is awesome, just how I imagined playing The Last of Us 2 in VR would be.

The game seems to have it all: full locomotion, melee combat, shooting, great graphics, lots of places to go.

I wonder if we will have to unlock everything *again* or if they will be playable based on your progress from Hitman 2? I would love to go immediately into VR with my full kit that I have spent hours unlocking - though to be honest I guess I wouldn't hate redoing them all in VR :p

The only thing that can make this better and get me even *more* hyped is if they remake all the Bloody Money levels in VR.

Rudius

It’s likely Onslaught is running on PC and Hitman on a PS4 Pro. The resolution probably won’t be the best to achieve those graphics.

Saints and Sinners had some downgrades on PS4 compared to PC, but it still looks good. I hope Sony doesn’t prevent PS5 updates for PSVR games before PSVR2 comes out. These late generation games can benefit a lot from that.

Rudius

I wonder if we will have to unlock everything *again* or if they will be playable based on your progress from Hitman 2? I would love to go immediately into VR with my full kit that I have spent hours unlocking - though to be honest I guess I wouldn't hate redoing them all in VR :p

The only thing that can make this better and get me even *more* hyped is if they remake all the Bloody Money levels in VR.
PSVR Without Parole will be doing an interview with the developers later today. You can ask them on the chat, if they don’t confirm it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom