• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

I played a little with a long USB attached to the AIM controller just to get a glimpse of this world.

Wow, this game is gorgeous on the PRO. The Graphics and texture work is impeccable and the sense of Scale WOW. The Sound is phenomenal really impressive. I'm uploading a Vid to youtube shortly, will post link when process finish.

Took a break to let the Aim Charge.

Funny Shit

I was moving around in the game and saw my shadow and I was like WTF? I didn't realize my sitting down affected the way I walked. It's in the video.

antibolo

Banned
Somewhat interested in Farpoint but I'm kinda salty about how Sony is pretending that the Move Sharpshooter accessory never existed.

I'm not super into the idea of buying yet another gun-like thing that will probably also get very little support.

TheAznOne

Just picked up the launch bundle Sunday. Waited til today if there was any sales for VR games and doesn't seem to be any this week.
Anyone have recommendations for games? Eyeing Job Sim since that one has my interests same with Tumble VR. Mostly want SP games preferred. Also Is there games besides Harmonix VR that has a paint easel mode too? That was quite fun when I demoed it.

Mosse

Neo Member
Just picked up the launch bundle Sunday. Waited til today if there was any sales for VR games and doesn't seem to be any this week.
Anyone have recommendations for games? Eyeing Job Sim since that one has my interests same with Tumble VR. Mostly want SP games preferred. Also Is there games besides Harmonix VR that has a paint easel mode too? That was quite fun when I demoed it.

Batman Arkham vr and Psychonauts in the rhombus of ruins are the SP games I've enjoyed most. Job simulator, I expect you to die and Until dawn rush of blood are also great.

Shoeless

How long are levels in Farpoint? I'm hoping for short so I can play bite sized pieces to avoid sickness and build up my resistance.

They're not too long, I think they did a lot of playtesting with regards to length. Depending on how well you play, or just linger in the levels, you're probably looking at 30 minutes per level on average if you're taking your time, at least in the early going.

You know I wouldn't mind a first person version of this for psvr it was pretty fun
pa.225453.2.jpg

valeu

Dick Wilde is an excellent wave shooter and def worth your $15. It has a loony tunes cartoon art-style, super clear resolution, and is tough. There are 10 waves each - I've only made it to 6 in the easiest level. You are stationary in a boat shooting like 20 animals at the same time - gators, piranhas, electric eels, insects, etc., while ducking or blocking projectiles (like pooping birds), and trying to hit the golden fish, with a crazy assortment of guns that each have dual firing modes, like a rocket launcher that also shoots mini saw blades. There are three locations with three levels each. I'm playing with 2 move controllers but I know all the weapons were re-done for the aim controller and friends have told me that that is even better

antibolo

Banned
You know I wouldn't mind a first person version of this for psvr it was pretty fun
pa.225453.2.jpg

I will never understand why they first revealed the game at E3 as a Zelda clone and everyone was pretty hype about it (and the Move controller itself), but then somehow later they decided to completely redesign it into a linear cover-based shooter.

Kyolux

I will never understand why they first revealed the game at E3 as a Zelda clone and everyone was pretty hype about it (and the Move controller itself), but then somehow later they decided to completely redesign it into a linear cover-based shooter.

For real? Never ended up trying it.

Mailbox

uhh...
The intial reveal was nothing like a zelda clone and the end product was pretty similar to its reveal.

Like, from the gameplay i've seen, its nothing like a cover-based shooter :/

Hmm am I misremembering the reveal?
It's certainly not a cover based shooter either

They're not too long, I think they did a lot of playtesting with regards to length. Depending on how well you play, or just linger in the levels, you're probably looking at 30 minutes per level on average if you're taking your time, at least in the early going.

OK, I'm going to try full on barf mode but only one level per sitting and see what happens. Getting physically ill terrifies me but I really want to see if I can do full on smooth movement.

Shoeless

Did anyone else post this? I didn't see it in the thread, but Ace Combat has been delayed.

SOURCE

Dear Ace Combatants,

I wanted to take this opportunity to speak directly to you, our loyal ACE COMBAT fans, and give you a first-hand update on the launch timing for ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN. The Project ACES team and I have been working hard on ACE COMBAT 7 and we’re determined to achieve the vision we have set for the game. In order to reach that vision, we have decided to move the launch of ACE COMBAT 7 to 2018.

We would have loved to launch ACE COMBAT 7 at the end of 2017 as we originally intended, but doing so would compromise our goal for the game. We take our art very seriously and that means we have instead chosen to devote additional time and effort to perfect and optimize this newest chapter of the ACE COMBAT saga.

The combination of the Unreal 4 Engine and the power of current generation consoles and PC hardware have literally opened the “skies of opportunity” to us to develop the best ACE COMBAT experience to-date. At no other time in ACE COMBAT’s 20+ year history has gaming technology allowed us to deliver the minute details of flight combat - such as cloud cover and air currents – or give players a new way to experience dogfights and attack sorties through hardware such as the new PlayStation VR.

We’ll have a lot more information and details to share with you in the coming months, starting at E3 2017 where we plan to reveal a brand-new demo showcasing one of the non-VR missions in ACE COMBAT 7 for the first time ever!

On behalf of the entire Project ACES team, I want to thank you all for your patience and for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Kazutoki Kono – ACE COMBAT Franchise Director

That's a bummer, but I suppose there's hope this means they're actually going to expand the VR content.

MattAces

Dick Wilde is an excellent wave shooter and def worth your $15. It has a loony tunes cartoon art-style, super clear resolution, and is tough. There are 10 waves each - I've only made it to 6 in the easiest level. You are stationary in a boat shooting like 20 animals at the same time - gators, piranhas, electric eels, insects, etc., while ducking or blocking projectiles (like pooping birds), and trying to hit the golden fish, with a crazy assortment of guns that each have dual firing modes, like a rocket launcher that also shoots mini saw blades. There are three locations with three levels each. I'm playing with 2 move controllers but I know all the weapons were re-done for the aim controller and friends have told me that that is even better

Don't sleep on this title, highly highly recommended even though it's a static shooter. I've never played a game where you need to duck and dodge around that much.
Also the developer said the reason why the game cost $15 is because PSVR users had to wait a little longer for the release, so they decided to lower the price, also added in the Aim controller redesigned weapons support.

grendelrt

Don't sleep on this title, highly highly recommended even though it's a static shooter. I've never played a game where you need to duck and dodge around that much.
Also the developer said the reason why the game cost $15 is because PSVR users had to wait a little longer for the release, so they decided to lower the price, also added in the Aim controller redesigned weapons support.

After playing with the Aim controller tonight I will probably pick Dick Wilde after finishing with Farpoint. Aim controller is legit, feels really awesome to use. I have Brookhaven already, think I read June 2nd for that patch.

Adree

Farpoint is pretty incredible. Only took a small adjustment to the camera to not display the wireframe box at all times (I have my system in a small room so I have to keep the camera fairly high up.) Granted I haven't used my VR set too often in awhile so I might not have my "VR legs" again but this was definitely the first game since Robinson to slowly but steadily make me a bit queasy. I'm not going to hold it against the game though because it does exactly what you want it to do and doesn't restrict your movement too much.

D23

Ps Vr + aim controller is matchmade in heave. I'm definitely going to buy every single game that supports the aim controller. so much fun and incredibly accurate

Couldn't pick up farpoint today as ups was closed for the day by the time I got home, but luckily my copy of summer lesson arrived in the mail. It's... unique to say the least. It's simple, but kind of charming in an odd way. Only real complaint is the girl's model sometimes blocking the text so I can't catch everything she's saying.

panda-zebra

Has everyone who ordered Farpoint + Aim from Amazon UK been told it's delayed, or is it just a select few? I'm assuming it's everyone as I've had it ordered for 2 months.

pa.225453.2.jpg

Yeah, I kind of loved this game.

uhh...
The intial reveal was nothing like a zelda clone and the end product was pretty similar to its reveal.

Like, from the gameplay i've seen, its nothing like a cover-based shooter :/

This. It's not.

Yup. in fact most of the time you're moving around to dodge while flinging spells with no cover.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I've only played half of Thumper, and even less of Polybius so far. I think the key difference is that between joy (Polybius) and dread (Thumper). The former just wants you to screw around and enjoy yourself, letting you make the experience as hard as you want (eg. by continually speeding up). It's a more open, organic experience which lets you reach for whatever you want to reach for, on each level.

Thumper seems like working your way out of a straitjacket by comparison. Not a bad thing, but pretty different ultimately. There's also the rhythm angle, whereas Polybius doesn't tie you to the soundtrack. Superficial similarities are misleading here.

Man great comparision. Thanks for that.

Hellers

Has everyone who ordered Farpoint + Aim from Amazon UK been told it's delayed, or is it just a select few? I'm assuming it's everyone as I've had it ordered for 2 months.

Everyone as far as I can tell. I complained and got 10 quid credit, then cancelled and reserved one at Argos. I'm picking it up on my way home from work.

After Amazon UK's clusterfuck of non deliveries this morning, they've issued me £5 credit even though I since cancelled and purchased Farpoint elsewhere. Quickly nabbed £5 PSN credit which I think I'll throw in Dick Wilde's direction.

bumpkin

I'm absolutely loving Farpoint, so glad that I got the bundle. I've said it in the OT, but this game has usurped RE7 as my favorite PSVR game. It looks great even on an OG PS4, does everything competently, and the Aim Controller is amazing.

As I said in the Farpoint thread, Farpoint is very good and the aim controller is fucking great.

It's a "must buy" for PSVR owners and FPS fans, IMO

Graphics and sound design (and overall immersion) are 10/10. At least on Pro. And the controller hardware feels great and translates really nicely in-game.

Fox1304

So the Champion's Leage final Ill be streamed in VR on youtube it sees. Anybody saw a way to get it on PSVR ? Is that possible ?

Joystick

Have we talked about The Ancients before? I recall looking at it but perhaps this is the first time that PS VR has been mentioned.

The Ancients Is An Upcoming VR Game About Giant Battling Gods

The Ancients doesn’t have a solidified release date yet, but Immersion is planning on bringing the game to both Rift and Vive. A PlayStation VR (PSVR) version is planned, but that would release much later.

https://uploadvr.com/ancients-vr-giant-battling-gods/

U2NUMB

Just played first level of Farpoint... yep this is a showpiece... I hope there is a way to just play that first 10 min on foot till you get into combat for people new to VR... and wow at the gun models and shooting.. seriously.. so happy I picked it up.

But one mission in I am sweating with fear.. wish it had a better save system though.

Yep Farpoint is really good, I've really enjoyed what I played so far. It's amazing how much the immersion of VR and the Aim controller adds to, what would be a very basic shooter without VR. The graphics and production value are great too.

The Aim feels great to hold and looking down the in game weapons holographic sight is awesome. Alien Spiders jumping at your face, leads to some jumpy fun moments.

Planet

Just played a good two hours all sitting, works quite well. Only a bit of drift later on that was manageable with a little shaking the controller twice a minute or so. After a few minutes, it caught itself.

The controller really gives you something to grasp from the virtual world right in your hands. Very cool! And the game is right up my alley as well, beat the first boss and can slumber happily now.

Top Bottom