• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

bumpkin

Starblood is the only game i regret buying.

Online is dead and the botmatches are just not fun :/ the game is also pretty confusing and rough to play i felt like. Eve Online did it better.
Can you elaborate at all? What makes them not fun? Is the game overly difficult? Are the controls bad?

Seth

How do I play this Spider-Man VR experience? It keeps telling me I need the move motion controllers connected to continue. I have two of them connected.

How do I play this Spider-Man VR experience? It keeps telling me I need the move motion controllers connected to continue. I have two of them connected.

I had the same, seems to work better if you start the game with only one move connected then connect the other one once you get to the start menu.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Guys, just for shits and giggles I've started tweeting to SEGA about bringing their old light gun properties to psvr. I'm hoping maybe if enough people do it with me maybe we'll plant a seed, however unlikely.

If there's one thing about modern SEGA I think I know, it's that they're totally unpredictable but might be willing to cater to a niche demographic known for throwing money at VR shit. They've done a lot of weird stuff lately, so my fingers remain eternally crossed.

Hey, it's something to do until we die.

https://twitter.com/Horseticuffs/status/884175711485001729 Maybe if we come up with a sexy hashtag it'll take off.
Edit: I'm tentatively proposing #Segagovr for lack of a better option.

TheMan

PS VR frank. That surely is putting on that accent no? Borderline unwatchable.

You get used to it. WithoutParole is harder for me to watch- dude has the weirdest cadence ever. Reminds me a lot of Ryan from CGR Undertow, who was just as annoying.

Davestation is probably the best out of the PSVR bunch.

Alright, reporting back, took me a little bit but I got the headset and moves detected by steamVR and the headset was working and displaying through trinus but I just couldn't get tracking (positional and moves) working. Going to try again .

Horseticuffs

You get used to it. WithoutParole is harder for me to watch- dude has the weirdest cadence ever. Reminds me a lot of Ryan from CGR Undertow, who was just as annoying.

Davestation is probably the best out of the PSVR bunch.
I follow and like all three, but Davestation is growing on me. He's like quiet and unassuming. He doesn't seem as active as the other two as far as news and such goes. I've only seen him do gameplay. His drunk play, which was still tastefully chill, of Brookhaven convinced me to pony up for it.

Guys, just for shits and giggles I've started tweeting to SEGA about bringing their old light gun properties to psvr. I'm hoping maybe if enough people do it with me maybe we'll plant a seed, however unlikely.

If there's one thing about modern SEGA I think I know, it's that they're totally unpredictable but might be willing to cater to a niche demographic known for throwing money at VR shit. They've done a lot of weird stuff lately, so my fingers remain eternally crossed.

Hey, it's something to do until we die.

https://twitter.com/Horseticuffs/status/884175711485001729 Maybe if we come up with a sexy hashtag it'll take off.
Edit: I'm tentatively proposing #Segagovr for lack of a better option.

Yeah. Do it Sega, c'mon.

I thought that way too, but you get used to him. He is pretty funny in his livestreams.

Yeah, I'm having fun watching PS VR frank's coverage.

mattmanp

I just played 12 levels of Waddle Home and was surprised. Its a charming puzzle game that feels like a slower and more thoughtful Chu Chu Rocket. Control penguin direction by raising and lowering platforms. They always turn right and bad guy robots always turn left. Get three eggs and get to ship to beat each level. Has 40 levels.

I used move controllers and had good tracking. Move button to control platform and hold trigger to rotate. Nice and easy and effective.

This is probably a dumb question, but there's no way to extend the range of the camera, right? I just got a VR a few days ago and if I sit back on my couch it's juuuust out of range and I got the "out of play area" message. I can lean forward and it's fine but obviously I'd rather sit normally. It's super annoying because the distance I usually sit is literally a few inches out of range.

Another quick questions, is Dirt Rally significantly better than DriveClub? I love racing games and was really exciting to try one but the DC demo looks like garbage, it's so low res that it can be hard to navigate the course, it's hard to tell if something you're looking at in the distance is a house, or a turn, or a cliff, or whatever until you're pretty close.

BTails

Had a blast playing Bridge Crew online tonight: 2 of us on PSVR, and one guy on PC (not sure what platform the other guy was playing on). First mission went smoothly, but we got absolutely destroyed by Klingons on the second mission. I may have been a little slow diverting power as Engineer...

It's funny how quickly you feel at home interacting socially in VR. Being more "intimate" if you will, I find the players are much more curteous, and you don't have the typical "STFU NOOB" mentality of most online games.

This is probably a dumb question, but there's no way to extend the range of the camera, right? I just got a VR a few days ago and if I sit back on my couch it's juuuust out of range and I got the "out of play area" message. I can lean forward and it's fine but obviously I'd rather sit normally. It's super annoying because the distance I usually sit is literally a few inches out of range.

Can you move the camera more forward?

ffvorax

Bought the first DLC of Re7.
There are 2 VR modes, and one non VR (for whatever reason, I really don't understand why it should not work on vr...)
The escape from the room is really nice, a little puzzle to solve while trying not to get discovered by the old lady, I had a couple of jump scares lol.
The other is a survival mode, it's though to play on VR, its very quick and intense, I was sweating in the end, I think it lasted 20-30m in total of no stop fighting and running.... :O

The third is non-VR, its like a super hard mode. It's on discount on EU PSN for 6€, I think it could be sold for less, but it's a nice addition overall.

Jimmy_liv

Bought Eagle flight. Disappointed to find not a single soul in the lobby.
Tried it over a few days and never found a single person.
Such a shame.

Wow just got STATIK. Really immersive puzzle gaming. The atmosphere really does make you feel like you are a trapped lab rat being experimented upon by scientists.

Can you elaborate at all? What makes them not fun? Is the game overly difficult? Are the controls bad?

for me it felt just unnecessarily frustrating and incoherent. Everything is way too fast and blurry at the same time due to the low resolution. Maps felt too cramped and small too so you are constantly looking at walls up close. It was like playing with a really tight FOV.

All ships basically look the same so i couldn't really make judgment calls like in Overwatch or other games where you can see and counter certain character abilities.

And i do enjoy fast games like Unreal Tournament 99, Doom 4 or Strike Vector on the PS4.

Joystick

Ghostship Chronicles

Ghostship Chronicles is an upcoming multi-platform VR title with only motion-controller support. MAG Studios is planning to release the game on the Oculus Rift (with Touch), HTC Vive, HyperReal’s VR Headset (Pano HMD) and the Playstation VR headset.

This game will features 2 game modes: arcade and survival. The original ship, Icarus Station and Colony base, will appear in this title. The elements from the original, such as the weapons, sounds, aliens, zombies etc will be return but in more polished form, and in VR as they are originally intended.

https://arthands-vr.com/2017/07/09/...htc-viveoculus-riftpsvrhyperreals-vr-headset/
https://www.facebook.com/GhostshipChronicle/posts/814778788678908

Wow just got STATIK. Really immersive puzzle gaming. The atmosphere really does make you feel like you are a trapped lab rat being experimented upon by scientists.

Yep was a great game with some tricky puzzles. Really hope they either make a sequel or some DLC for it.

For me it still feels too expensive based on the demo. Any replay value? Just a couple of hours of content?

Horseticuffs

We are one day away from Phosphor Games announcing Aim support for Brookhaven delay again.
I bought it over the weekend and played it with my daughter. We had a terrific time!

Any details on this hypothetical Schrodinger's patch? All new weapons? Will we be using the Aim to control a pistol? I'd really love to see rifles with flashlights and maybe bayonets!

MattAces

I bought it over the weekend and played it with my daughter. We had a terrific time!

Any details on this hypothetical Schrodinger's patch? All new weapons? Will we be using the Aim to control a pistol? I'd really love to see rifles with flashlights and maybe bayonets!

It will be new assault rifle type of weapons with flashlight attachment. They were also hinting at new maps as future DLC but not in this upcoming one. I hope there will be some sort of surprise for tomorrow release since the 1 month delay.
It's very weird of them to not share a single information on what the patch will actually include, they also refuse to share any footage of Aim controller gameplay. All we've seen is this image.
34593153555_9957e735b9_b.jpg

and
33715672974_188cd5999a_z.jpg

Puppeteer should be released like this. Thats is the basic setup of the game anyway. In an audience at a theatre with a pantomime atmosphere around you, the game was doing 3D on the PS3 as well.

100% agree. Puppeteer was great on a 3DTV and would work really well in VR. Looking forward to seeing how Bloody Zombies works out in VR.

MattAces

CastleStorm VR - PlayStation VR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV6C1lTxlyA

CSVR_blog_header-800x450.jpg

Coming to PSVR on August 1st
You like a story driven experience? We got you! Play through exciting and funny campaigns commanding heroes and defeating villains in a beautiful and quirky medieval fantasy world. Use your Ballista to vanquish enemies with loads of projectiles like gassy sheep, statues, arrows and many more! Get in the action up close and personal by commanding your heroes yourself.

More on the strategic side? Build up your castle to be indestructible, unlock rooms with special powers and abilities and place them strategically in the Castle Builder!

You can put your designs to the test right away in 1v1 multiplayer and battle other players constructions!

Be the best builder, brawler, archer, warrior, strategist, hero in the realm and celebrate the glorious return of CastleStorm to Playstation with CastleStorm for PSVR!

MattAces

Sneaky Bears coming to PSVR (not to confuse with The Lost Bear)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE9aGbQlv0E

com.warducks.sneakybearsvrcb_1.png

1_Vz5KYypIox5ywVyNmmbTX2Ix32Zr602tHZbtomaAjH-Zyunr-kW0_9vuxs0KCBuw=h900

It's a mobile VR game, expect a full visual upgrade, asset/texture, menu and sound reworked.
War Ducks are hoping to submit Sneaky Bears for approval in the coming weeks and aiming to release the game in July.
The game itself instantly brings to mind the old arcade favourites such as Time Crisis, from the (pleasantly) frantic speed of the gameplay to the addictive chase for high scores. Using an Oculus Rift and the dedicated Touch controllers, the game is pretty much flawless - any fears that the technology is not up to scratch for a fast-paced action title are quickly extinguished.

The main goal is simple: fight off waves of psychotic teddy bears with a toy gun, while trying to avoid taking damage. The mere fact that this is in virtual reality adds an immediate wrinkle - you need to have a constant awareness of the space around you, with bears more than likely creeping - or floating - at you from just outside your current viewpoint.

mr stroke

Just picked up a PSVR and gotta say I am impressed. (Owning both a Vive/Rift, I actually now prefer the PSVR)

Couple questions

-how in hell do I find a Farpoint bundle/gun?

-how to I find the Star Wars game/demo? Its not on the PSN Store :\

Top Bottom